• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for some Sonic Dittos/Mentor

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Okay,

I use to main many characters but they just are not fun enough. I want a character that I can enjoy and be good with at the same time. After going though the characters I really like sonic mainly because of his insane speed.

I am looking for a Sonic Mentor, or just someone to play with and critique my game.

I will pm you more info and work something out for some friendlies.

Post if you are interested.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
Ehh Just something to kno, to be good with Sonic u got a long journey very long...

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
Yes, but who really cares, so are you up for some friendlies,

Also, why do you think i am bad???

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
I dont think ur bad u said ur a new sonic so that implys not good lol ur just fresh not bad to be bad u have to not know the basics for brawl.

And umm wifi isnt great of practice cuz of lagg but I could do it if u really wanna... ._.;;

gocubs12345

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Live Tournaments so I guess Wi Fi is the best place to practice since It is the only place I play.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
hmmm I suppose yea its ok but live is better. If u lagg live u have a prob...>_>... but ehh first u need to go look at sonic combos and get ur timeing good because of his speed. And learn in advance dont abuse spin dashes. But if u alrdy have all this down pact suppose I could play around on wifi alittle...even if u dont I guess I could have some fun.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I usually coach random people I meet who try to play Sonic online.

I'm usually on AiB/SWF chatroom if I'm on wifi.

PS. I hate the Sonic boards right now.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
The greatest way to learn Sonic is through time.
He is the most fun character in the game to play as (normative statement) and when learnt well can making winning at SSBB a fistful of fun. But it definitely takes time. You are not going to have the intense aerial chase game that Sonic pros have within the first week. You aren't going to be able to successfully (emphasis on that word) implement any mindgames with Sonic either until you fully understand his moves. Understanding his moves isn't a matter of knowing what each does, it's more about learning, in each and every circumstance, which move can be successfully used and what moves can be used straight after (and what will be my positioning afterwards).

So give Sonic some time, and dont give up. :p
He is worth it.
Other things to note
1. Don't be predictable (I am big on this)
2. The Age Old statement still applies: a hit with your worst move is better than a miss with your best move.
3. Don't be predictable
4. Don't spam smashes

I wish you all the luck mate and I hope you become a killer Sonic.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I usually coach random people I meet who try to play Sonic online.

I'm usually on AiB/SWF chatroom if I'm on wifi.

PS. I hate the Sonic boards right now.
thumbs up to that. By the way, if anyone lives near crystal city, VA, or can ride the metro, you can call me at 540-735-6125 for Sonic Training and general smashfests on Fridays or Saturdays. I live at the Buchanan Hotel, call for more info. If enough people come I will hold money tourneys as well.

btw, no one on the touney scene seems to hear of you AT ALL. this bothers me. they want to know how i play sonic like that, so I explain, and mention your name, and sadly, they are ignorant.

right now the sonic thread is on life support, and Metaknight is tugging at the plug.

Lastly, Tenki, I'd like to Sonic ditto you again to show you how far I've gotten, and compare progress.

Tenki

Smash Hero
thumbs up to that.

btw, no one on the touney scene seems to hear of you AT ALL. this bothers me. they want to know how i play sonic like that, so I explain, and mention your name, and sadly, they are ignorant.

right now the sonic thread is on life support, and Metaknight is tugging at the plug.
I seem to be pretty good at avoiding cameras, and I'm 90% sure that there aren't any vs Tenki videos on Youtube ;D.

And offline tourneys in GA = ???

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
sry, if i went to the Art Institute of Atlanta, instead of the one in DC, then there would be, cause I would be hosting them. but, better late than never. If I happen to be in the area for some reason, ill let it be known that Kojin is there.

___X___

Smash Lord
i love doing sonic dittos,

i can also train you if you want,

just pm me.

oh and i can also **** any sonic on SWF, thats how good i am, ask my lover umby.

Tenki

Smash Hero
He's definitely good at Sonic dittos, even through red lag. `.`;

PS, I wanna play you again some time, X.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Its weird, but for me, whenever I sonic ditto, i naturally play around, because its so much fun. I just cant take it seriously sometimes. I play best when I have to prove Sonic it seems, like at chus.

Top Bottom