• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a Healer for Team, pst!

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Where's black, white and gold teams? All of those dark characters must have some kind of significance!

Unless they're there just to look badass. And I'm cool with that :p

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Hey this is the second time we had 2 updates in one.

I think that means that he's getting rid of all the fairly boring updates, and from now on...

JUICY STUFF!

Btw this update is pretty sweet
Two updates in one usually mean that Sakurai will have a "team battle!" update very soon, even though we already know about it.

And i have no reaction towards this item whatsoever.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
This item looks pretty cool. It is very balanced with the fact that you can give it ally or enemy and it is a unique idea. Only downfall is that it's an item. XD
So what?

Haha. Sakurai gives his finger to more tourneys.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When using that item, it's important to know where your teammate is at. Try getting close to your teammate so that there's no way that your foe will get in the way.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I play team battles alot so I like it, plus we got see some character costume. Its seems like everybody is getting "light" and "dark" color, maybe new teams, but I doubt it.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
DK is on the red team and has a blue tie. And Pit looks cool in blue.

Overall a cool update. The item is pretty good but with the team information this update is great.

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
This item makes for great strategy in team battles, much more than in Melee. But wait, it can heal others that aren't on your team? Not cool.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Hmmm... no yellow team? That would've completed the colors of Nintendo (Blue, yellow, green, and red). Those colors are represented in several games.

1. Mario wears red; Luigi wears green; Wario wears yellow; Waluigi wears blue.

2. During the first generation of Pokemon, the Gameboy games came in Red, Blue, Green (Japan-Only), and Yellow versions.

3. The main characters of Lufia 1 and 2 have the hair colors: red, green, yellow, and blue.

4. The first Yoshis (back in Super Mario World) came in green, yellow, red, and blue.

5. The controllers of Super Famicom, N64, and Gamecube had buttons in Nintendo colors.

Oh well, 3 colors of teams is fine.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I like this update.
Bit disappointed that team colours are back, but I like the updates lately.

And holy..
Zelda's dress is WAAAY too big.
It looks like an umbrella O.o

regorris

Smash Apprentice
Tee-Hee. Now we can map one of our taunts to "hlz plz." :laugh:

Joking aside, it looks awesome. I wonder what will happen if you lock it between two fox reflectors!

Myst007_teh_newb

Smash Journeyman

If you look carefully at the bottom right-most corner, you can see that Kirby's Green costume has orange feet, as opposed to his Melee couterpart, which had a darker green for feet.

I think it looks a lot nicer.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
The bozone layer: sheilding the rest of the solar system from the Earth's harmful effects- The Far Side

This is so cool!!! I almost always play team battles (or one-on-one) so this is cool! This will help me out and I do have some good aim. Unless I (or my team mate) do/does something stupid, I won't miss.

And Ridley is very unlikely. He is just so ungainly. Other characters have at least a relatively human shape but the only thing he has are arms and legs. Charizard and Bowser are the closest to him but still. His wings will probably stick through platforms, his height will make it so that he is easy to hit from above, and all the various protrusions will just make his programing difficult. Charizard has a similar body shape but at least he has already had a programming slightly similar to this. Bowser was also big but he was easy to scale down. At least he didn't cutlass spines sticking out from everywhere! The closest things to cutlass spines Bowser has are his horns.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
This means no Dark Link for teams
And do team colors affect FS like Giga B. and Wario Man?

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
*looks at title* Ugh, taking me straight back to my priest-playing WoW days, Mic. "I'll send YOU a tell, buddy..."

Anyway, team battles were just made more unique. I wonder if this is any indication for future changes to the team scene?

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Now seems like a good time to remind people that in the demo, the c-stick did aerials even if you were holding an item.

Smash Ace
The let-down for this update is that they're sticking to Red, Green, and Blue teams again only. Awww, I wanted Black, Gold, and White!
true. tht was my only disappointment.
Now, I look forawrd to playing a few casuals and watching as the item appears in front of someone right as they're pressing A and hten get all in their way so they can throw it at me lol...
BTW, Red Zelda is cool. Pink boots for Fox back to purple awww...
=2007=

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
The bozone layer: sheilding the rest of the solar system from the Earth's harmful effects- The Far Side

This is so cool!!! I almost always play team battles (or one-on-one) so this is cool! This will help me out and I do have some good aim. Unless I (or my team mate) do/does something stupid, I won't miss.

And Ridley is very unlikely. He is just so ungainly. Other characters have at least a relatively human shape but the only thing he has are arms and legs. Charizard and Bowser are the closest to him but still. His wings will probably stick through platforms, his height will make it so that he is easy to hit from above, and all the various protrusions will just make his programing difficult. Charizard has a similar body shape but at least he has already had a programming slightly similar to this. Bowser was also big but he was easy to scale down. At least he didn't cutlass spines sticking out from everywhere! The closest things to cutlass spines Bowser has are his horns.
You do know that size isn't a matter. They can just scale him down.

And that he came second on Sakurai's Poll for Most Wanted Characters.

And that Charizard also has a design similar to his, and fighters in Brawl don't have to be relatively Humanoid.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
You do know that size isn't a matter. They can just scale him down.

And that he came second on Sakurai's Poll for Most Wanted Characters.

And that Charizard also has a design similar to his, and fighters in Brawl don't have to be relatively Humanoid.
Word, they could make Ridley fit if they wanted him to. Make him Bowser height, but much thinner, and he has wings that could be sized big enough to allow him to glide but small enough that he could compact them when not using them, and he has long arms and legs, so decent running speed and long attack reach. Probably good power.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Zelda is the only reason this update is interesting. Actually I like the idea of team-specific items. I hope there are more.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
Kinda interesting I guess. If I have teams with items, then i'll use them, but otherwise, it's just meh. I'm surprised he didn't give a nod to 3 v 1 as well.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'll go out on a limb and say that this item COULD be the first to be tournament legal.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I didn't find the update that interesting since it's not going to be an item I'm going to be using that often.

Top Bottom