• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look in the Sky

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
God. . . GOD.

I hate it. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it.

I hope this voice grows on me, because I plan on using Falco quite a bit. But at this point, I might be throwing matches with him just so I don't have to endure his victory speeches.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
*plays brawl with NO SOUND AT All*

You sure it isn't some guy pretending to make it out, to scare us?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Pit sounds like Prince Tricky. I'm avoiding him just for that. But what's up with Falco? I thought that Mike Madeoy was doing his voice? If not, this accent needs to fix itself. I can live with it, it just doesn't feel right. At least it's more distinguishable than the lines in Melee.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
It's better than the...

Whatever accent it was in Melee. >_> "MISHOWN CAMPLATE"

^*remembers that*
wow, thinking about it, his vioce from melee was worse
i think it'll grow on me if that can
at least i could switch to japanese in melee

"personally, i prefer the air"

Massey88

Smash Rookie
Japanese voice acting is some of the best in the world. i consider myself lucky to own the NTSC-J version after hearing that.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
what the hell are you taking about? Falco was the best done voice out of all of those clips!! didnt you ever play starfox 64? I'd say that they did a very good job matching up the voice of falco.

Ike on the other hand....WHAT THE F***....

"I fight for my friends"

He sounds like michael jackson. Seriously, its a really gay (and insanely creepy) voice.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I'm thinking the new voice is going to make me NOT want to play Falco now, ****nnnnnnnnnnnn :( it's just too annoying to put up with (and that's coming from someone who uses PIT in the JP version, side-b.)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
what the hell are you taking about? Falco was the best done voice out of all of those clips!! didnt you ever play starfox 64? I'd say that they did a very good job matching up the voice of falco.
That sounds nothing like starfox 64 falco are you kidding lmao.

Though they didn't try for the SF 64 voice.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the voice acting that much either. I hope there is a way to change it to the Japanese voice acting. It sounds better in my opinion. I still think Metaknight sounds like Darth Vader.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Falco was the best done voice out of all of those clips!! didnt you ever play starfox 64?
Yes, but clearly you didn't.

His voice in Brawl sounds nothing like his voice in 64.

And his "MISHOWN COMPLAEE!" from Melee was much more tolerable than this. It was odd at first just because I had never heard Falco sound like that before, but it didn't sound bad. Brawl Falco sounds bad. Period.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, quit whining. It's not bad, it's just different. He sounds pretty much like in Assault anyway, and his voice in Assault was fine.
I imagine it'll grow on me (it's kind of going to have to), but I'm still not happy with it. Maybe once I've heard it more I'll get used to it, but my point is, I wish I didn't have to. His voice hasn't been "right" since 64, to me. But Brawl seems worse than ever. I guess I shouldn't base it on, like, 5 voice samples. . . but they were all pretty bad.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Im with circus, I really hope this can grow on me, although I doubt it.

Meh, I never like Voice Acting though, but I always ignore it.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Japanese voice acting is some of the best in the world.
I'm thinking the new voice is going to make me NOT want to play Falco now, ****nnnnnnnnnnnn :( it's just too annoying to put up with (and that's coming from someone who uses PIT in the JP version, side-b.)
THIS IS THE BEST THREAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD

And on a less hilarious note...

...isn't the point of a taunt to annoy your opponent? Why did anyone play Pichu? To taunt, of course!*

Also, please don't be so vain as to let something so minuscule as a handful of QUOTE UNQUOTE (Oho, I bet you didn't expect to see THAT one outside of verbal chat) "poorly" voiced lines, most of them you'll never have to hear unless you're feeling obnoxious.

Seriously, now you're just looking for an excuse to hate Brawl.

*There is a chance that people played as Pichu for other reasons, but I only did it for the taunt.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It... just sounds like his Assault voice. With maybe a little more accent to it. What else did you expect?
To someone who didn't play Assault and thought his voice was perfect in 64 (a.k.a. me), this is kind of a problem.

I guess I'm starting to get over it now that I've played the video about 20 more times, but I can already tell there will be taunts I'll avoid using. (Listening to him say "Piece of cake" makes me physically wince).

I think that hearing him in-game will probably be better, just because his aesthetic awesomeness should off-set the accent.

*stares at a half-full glass of Falco for a while*

Kubba

Smash Cadet
aw come on, you gotta love the voice
*reminiscing from home alone*
"keep da change ya filthy animal"

Top Bottom