• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lolful - St. Petersburg, FL - August 2nd - LOLOLOL!!11

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Cash from reading the above post i take it your mother never taught you something (and im not trying to say this in a mean way at all)

Treat others nicely, they'll treat you nicely.

And i kno at first its like "wtf thats bs it'll never work" but give it some time and it'll sink in, you've just been very doush like, so we've been doush like back.

There is no acts of random hate, just acts of random kindness.
I tried that, it never worked, lol. I used to go by that rule all the time.

Wait, I've been a doush? Explain how I've been one, please.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was a lot smaller than I thought it was going to be. Let me just say say that it was a pretty decent one for its size, but overall it was still pretty fun.

Definitely enjoyed meeting some new people and commentating matches for afro when he was playing. (Afro is the god of commentating smash).

The 5 hour and some car ride was mad fun with so many memorable quotes from the coolest car from SFL.
Shououts: If I forget anyone, I'm sorry

PolMEX23- you are a crazy cool cat (alliteration) my friend. Thanks a bunch for letting us stay at your place for the night even though a lot of crazy stuff went down. No words can describe how awesome the lion blanket and the white tiger picture was. Just an Overall thank you dude, and I better see your beast Luigi humping the furniture at FIU this weekend.

There are so many things to say so i'll just do a generic- good stuff people, everyone is getting a lot better, but watch for Afro coming back with some vengence.

GMoney, Loto,Fearless,HRNUT,GDX,Chops,Afro,Ginger,Tommy G,Seibrik- great time hanging out with all of you after the tourny which always cool.

Garbanzo and xYZ- for always being mad cool and making the tournament more fun. Hope you come back soon xYz.

Denny's- for putting up with the SFL people for both dinner and breakfast the following day.

Tommy G- hope you feel better bro, and again thanks a lot to your parents.

Best Quotes- ***** Seibrik, Mokoto has huge legs, Most of what Lambchops says, and 22 second street.

Crazy weekend and good stuff everyone

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im happy you all know how cool polmex is...this is something that i've known for months now, but he could never come to tourneys since then so no one else knew him.

Raef is cool, but he gets no sympathy from me if hes quitting just because he keeps losing to certain characters. Either change your playstyle, get better at reading opponents, or pick up a different character to beat the ones you keep losing to (lol me picking up MK to beat equi)

if its not blatently obvious by now, im sure mooney likes to be hated by the entire smash community. For what particular reason, i dunno, but im sure there is one. Maybe attention? maybe the hate motivates him to do things?

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
im happy you all know how cool polmex is...this is something that i've known for months now, but he could never come to tourneys since then so no one else knew him.

Raef is cool, but he gets no sympathy from me if hes quitting just because he keeps losing to certain characters. Either change your playstyle, get better at reading opponents, or pick up a different character to beat the ones you keep losing to (lol me picking up MK to beat equi)

if its not blatently obvious by now, im sure mooney likes to be hated by the entire smash community. For what particular reason, i dunno, but im sure there is one. Maybe attention? maybe the hate motivates him to do things?
ur the man...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Yeah, I definitely had a lot of fun at this tournament. If it looked like I didn't, that's because I had a migraine about halfway through doubles. It did start to subside after about two Mountain Dews and some food.

Nick: Thanks for holding this! I am looking forward to the next. Also, thanks for holding on to my power strip for so long. Everybody in Pinellas County needs to get together for a smash day soon.

PolMex: You held it down for Pinellas! I enjoyed watching your matches, you need to start counterpicking with Luigi's Mansion. Also, try adding some grabbing into your game, it may help out some. I think I saw you grab twice the entire time you were there...

Monk: You did good, and I'm glad you came. We need to find somebody to get some practice in.

King of Hearts: Good seeing you again, the last was at the Dethtour, and I'm sorry I keep missing out on smashfests at your place. Those stories were freaky as hell, we gotta to that farm to see that ****. You have peaked my interest.

Afro: Good stuff in teams, sorry we couldn't get any friendlies in. I need alot of snake practice. I loved your commentary, you should get a job doing that... it'd be easy money.

Mooney: You left your hat... and I don't know who has it now...

XYZ: I'm sorry you're retiring, but I understand. School does get overwhelming and when you add work, you don't get much free time. I hope to see you in a doubles tournament in the future.

GDX: You are seriously the first Diddy I have fought. Very good spam tactic, you didn't leave anyone room to move without fear of slipping.

Seibrik: I don't know the D3 matchup, and I think you could tell. Either way, no johns on my part and they were good matches regardless.

Chops: if Colbol hadn't come, I would have spotted you the cash for your entry.

big_freddy: I know you will never see this because you never come here even though Monk and I yell at you to come here more often. Anyways, we did good in teams. We may have come dead last, but we didn't kill each other, and that's a huge step up. I think if we get some strategies going, we may have a better chance at tournies in the future. We just need practice, and this way, we won't be looking for teammates only to find out that there is nobody but us without a teammate.

If I missed anybody: Good stuff and I hope to see you again in the future.

Ok, I had fun (I know I already said this), and it was great to finally meet some SFL guys. I'd love to head down there, I just don't have the free time. Sorry I didn't get this up earlier, I had to work all day yesterday.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I figured as much... oh well, I have enough power strips now. Consider that one a gift. To remember the day General Lime's Pizza Backwards was birthed.

edit: It seems it isn't a tournament if I don't leave a power strip there... I hope I don't make that a habit... I don't make enough money...

double edit: No, I am sure I brought home everything that was mine. If I did however....

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
fixed

Also, sorry for being an english major but everyone needs to stop spelling douche wrong immediately.
Yeah, i noticed that too finch, maybe they thought it would be censored or something so they spelled it phonetically correct, but whatever.

Mooney - You were in the melee competitive scene...with Slynkee, Sighrax, and Riot at MANY tournaments you went to (i assume). You cannot complain about afro because those guys, at least together, were twice as loud as afro EVER could be. If you can't ****ing get over the fact that people will yell during your matches right behind you, get over it or stop going to tournaments. a basic skill that you MUST have in competitive scenes is the tuning out of distractions, or laughing with them. You can't lose your concentration due to Afro screaming "Ketchup" (i know you did at FAST, idk what you screamed this time) Suck it up and keep playing.

Also..you lost to afro in melee? Lol

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Also, I know who has Mooney's hat xD
I'd put money on the fact that somebody from SFL has my hat.

Mooney - You were in the melee competitive scene...with Slynkee, Sighrax, and Riot at MANY tournaments you went to (i assume). You cannot complain about afro because those guys, at least together, were twice as loud as afro EVER could be. If you can't ****ing get over the fact that people will yell during your matches right behind you, get over it or stop going to tournaments. a basic skill that you MUST have in competitive scenes is the tuning out of distractions, or laughing with them. You can't lose your concentration due to Afro screaming "Ketchup" (i know you did at FAST, idk what you screamed this time) Suck it up and keep playing.

Also..you lost to afro in melee? Lol
I don't know who Slynkee is, or Riot. I do know who Sighrax is, and the few times I've seen him, I've never seen him be anywhere near as loud, annoying, or obnoxious as afro can be at tournaments.

Its not just the commentating actually. And I never played afro, nor did I converse with him very much, so I don't know what you mean by that.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
If anyone ever gets the chance, you should stay up till all hours in the night and talk to lambchops so you can only get 3 hours of sleep. Your life will truly change forever.

Good stuff chops, and yes spiderman3 did suck.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Yeah, so...

Raef, I don't really know you all that well and I'm going to assume you have at least a slight dislike for me, but you're a cool kid. It sucks to see you quit, bro. I hope life treats you well. This goes for everyone who's quitting. I love all you guys that make the community what it is. Whether it was through petty arguments and grudge matches or just chillin around and having mad fun regardless of anything else going on, I appreciate everyone's contribution to the atmosphere, even if you piss me off.

Finch, I'm going to own you like any red-blooded American man would... by kneeing! :grrr:

:laugh:

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
i still havent slept. mostly a mixture between playin equi online, FFR, and batman.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
BONESAW!!!!!!!!!! I could never forget you.

was maddd chillin with you bro gotta do it again haha. your too funny your prolly my fav. FIU player and one of the funniest and most chill smashers son.

also I didnt know you was mcrib its why I didnt gave you a shoutout.

Finch

Smash Lord
Finch, I'm going to own you like any red-blooded American man would... by kneeing! :grrr:

:laugh:
Anything's better than just getting baired to death by your jiggs. But look out, my ICs are getting beastlier and beastlier. :chuckle:

Also just to clear it up because I hate blatant lieing: mooney has played afro a lot in melee and he loses (I'm pretty sure they did a mm at last stand) but afro is actually pretty good in melee so w/e.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
props to Finch for not taking me seriously and countering with his own form of laughable cockiness

I swear, if you grab me, Finch, my inner, American rage will spark such a fire that your pink outfitted girlfriend will get raptor boosted into oblivion!

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
I don't think there is enough trash talk in this tread.

I plan on having another tournament sometime next month. I hope all you guys come out of retirement to go to it. The winner of the next tournament will officially be number 1 in Florida, according to Fear's logic. ;-p

_Raef_

Smash Apprentice
GDX, you're my boy, but I never asked for anyone's sympathy.
What you stated is ONE of the reasons I'm quitting.
I have changed my playstyle and nothing changed.
I'm DEFINITELY not picking up MK or Snake to counter ONE character
or to be like every other trash player who drops their main to play with a top tier character.
Every tourny I go to I just lose more and more interest in the game so I quit.
I DON'T like the current FL Smash scene either.

Yeah, so...

Raef, I don't really know you all that well and I'm going to assume you have at least a slight dislike for me, but you're a cool kid. It sucks to see you quit, bro. I hope life treats you well. This goes for everyone who's quitting. I love all you guys that make the community what it is. Whether it was through petty arguments and grudge matches or just chillin around and having mad fun regardless of anything else going on, I appreciate everyone's contribution to the atmosphere, even if you piss me off.
Thanks and likewise...

I disagree with the whole community thing though.
Although iI have had some good times with this tourny scene I've also had bad ones.
And I have met some serious A**HOLES along the way.
Petty arguments and grudge matches aren't my thing I guess.
So...have a nice life everyone.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Fearless is not holding it down...

It's funny. Everyone is talking about picking up MK and I am seriously contemplating just switching over to Wario again fully. hm...
If you pick up wario fully, you'll place like 13th dude don't do it...

oh wait....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Too bad that I make money off of the game and you're mad in the hole and need to quit because of it, right?
im mad in the hole cause of brawl, but im not quitting :laugh:

steveless, if you main MK, NEVER MK ditto me, because dittos are dumb (except Ike, Capt. Falcon, and some Sonic dittos for comedic value). then again, ill never use MK against you , so you should be fine

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
im glad everyone is switching to meta knight cuz im good at dittos. i just wanna see how long everyone will play meta knight...now all i need done is for loto to quit kirby and then ill kno every single match up in FL...

Top Bottom