• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Logical Zelda Stage Ideas

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
No one has really been talking about this, so I thought I'd bring it up.

What do you think the Zelda stages will be like? Surely there will be a 'castle' type primary level, but then there could be another. Maybe Death Mountain? Lake Hylia? Ganon's Tower??

What I'd personally like to see for a primary level is a reincarnation of areas from A Link To The Past, like the Castle, or Lost Woods (thought they could take the Lost Woods from OoT), although that might be hard to accomplish effectively. I was also thinking about something from Link's Awakening? The Wind Fish's Egg? That'd be pretty nostalgic.

In all reality though, I believe they will take a TP area (Hyrule Castle) for a primary Zelda stage, since Link's new look is based on TP, and it would be far more fitting. Although since we're all pretty sure there will be more than one Zelda stage, what could the other secondary level be? I'm personally hoping for Ganon's Tower/Death Mountain. Also, the Temple of Time could be done pretty badass.

If Death Mountain were included they could have (the classic) rocks falling, and have numerous environmental hazards all about. Ganon's Tower could be out-door or in-door, I don't have any ideas about that though.

Thoughts?

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
The inside of the moon from Majora's Mask. The tree and the five kids in the background, no music, and a simple, flat level, with the creepy motion blur from that part of the game. No fall KO's--only up and out. And roughly the length of Hyrule Temple. No obstructions--just serene and slightly disquieting.

They could do Hyrule Castle from ALttP, but there's already that Fire Emblem castle, and I doubt they'll do it. No matter--there are plenty of cool locations in the series. A Zora's Domain, especially as it appears in Twilight Princess, would be a good replacement for the Great Bay if they change fall speed in water.

And Tingle's Tower from WW.

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
i've always thought that the
clock tower, when it is turned
on its side, (after the last midnight)
would make a good stage

but it would be alot like final D but
with walls under the edges

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actually, there HAS been very recent discussion about this... but oh well.
I reiterate my idea from there:

TP Stage
Twilight Zone, err, Realm

You play in the place you enter when you pass through the mirror. There's the main platform with the castle in the background and two major platforms on the sides, where you'd enter the dungeon for the orbs. Inbetween, there's nothingness, apart from one potentially moving platform per chasm.

So: Three main platforms, like a set of one Final Destination and 2 slightly smaller ones, plus little platforms inbetween.

In the background of the main platform, the saved Twili people cheer on the fighters like the audience in the Street Fighter games and stuff.
Sure, it makes no sense.
But Midna will probably be there. Doesn't make any sense, either.
It would be lovely to have a welcome back with the Twilight Realm and to actually see the people you saved again and... if Twilis cheering for a bunch of fighters like in a street-wrestling duel doesn't scream AWESOME at you, you are sick.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
So long as there's a stage that has a rehashed "Hyrule Temple" theme from melee (the one that originated from "LoZ:AoL" I'd be satisfied. However I would really like to see the Twilight themed background on a neutral stage. Or at least no huge gimmicks that would make it banned in competitive play. That would be a very nice mood for competitions. Gaussian Blur FTW!

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
I didint care to read all the posts but if noone mentioned this i would really like to see Tingles island from WindWaker.
It would be one large platform in the middle, two smaller ones at the sides. And tingles tower at the background. I rememper someone mentioning this somewhere just cant rememper where. So i dont mean to steal ideas but i just loved that idea and wanted to share it.

burrito

Smash Lord
Great Sea. Please, please put the great sea in there.
Indeed, fully cel-shaded, too. You could probably ride on the King Red Lions and stop on various islands along the way or something.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
I didint care to read all the posts but if noone mentioned this i would really like to see Tingles island from WindWaker.
It would be one large platform in the middle, two smaller ones at the sides. And tingles tower at the background. I rememper someone mentioning this somewhere just cant rememper where. So i dont mean to steal ideas but i just loved that idea and wanted to share it.
Dear God, I was joking.

Fawriel's Twilight Realm idea is superb, though I can't help but wonder how Yeto's house would pan out, too. A good Great Sea idea should probably involve some new location from Phantom Hourglass, but not too game-specific.

But best of all, the Dark Pyramid from ALttP. It would have tiers around it, and a hole directly in the middle. Terrible lighting, and the Dark World theme plays.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I had an idea a few months back for a Twilight Princess stage, it would be the desert temple's boss arena (second phase), the battle stage being on top of a giant spinner as it travels around the rails. The boss's head (his name escapes me at the moment, it's been a while since I played TP) would travel in front of the spinner, occasionally shooting fireballs at the stage. Half of the time the spinner would jump to a rail on the opposite wall to dodge, half of the time the fireball will connect and cause a big explosion, knocking players away.

It could pretty much be an endless loop, the trails wouldn't have to "end", though the stage might begin on the ground and head up into the endlessness.

Low amount of obstacles but it would be a nice cinematic level with a relatively clean stage, I think.

Top Bottom