• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waluigi is likely when he makes an appearance in a mainstream title.

Until than, he isn't any more likely than Daisy as far as I'm concerned

jigglover

Smash Lord
Does jigglover decide the topic? There should be a vote on what the next topic should be. Additionally, the past two results didnt have a decisive outcome. Isnt that what you are trying to find out; the decisive outcome of the debate?

:phone:
It's not going too well with getting verdicts so far, but I like your idea on getting you guys to decide the next topic. Since it's late in the day today, I'll decide the topic for day 4, and you can also decide on a topic for day 5 on day 4, as well as voting. What you can do, is someone suggests a topic, and two other people have to vote for that topic on that day.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
My comment was definitely in favor of Shy Guy being from Mario. Spydr had it right.

What concrete data do we have either way to say what size of a fanbase or hatebase Waluigi has? He clearly has fans, judging by the site's SSB4 poll, and clearly has people who at least want other Mario characters in over him, though this isn't hate at all. His fanbase in Japan seems large, and people (excessively) bring up his hatebase as a blow against him, but we're talking about Smashboards, where neither is common. I am writing down undecided, but since it's pretty lame to just have 'undecided' written down for every single question discussed thus far, I'll switch my vote to the fanbase side if there's a tie.

I nominate "Will the DK series receive four characters?"

jigglover

Smash Lord
My comment was definitely in favor of Shy Guy being from Mario. Spydr had it right.

What concrete data do we have either way to say what size of a fanbase or hatebase Waluigi has? He clearly has fans, judging by the site's SSB4 poll, and clearly has people who at least want other Mario characters in over him, though this isn't hate at all. His fanbase in Japan seems large, and people (excessively) bring up his hatebase as a blow against him, but we're talking about Smashboards, where neither is common. I am writing down undecided, but since it's pretty lame to just have 'undecided' written down for every single question discussed thus far, I'll switch my vote to the fanbase side if there's a tie.

I nominate "Will the DK series receive four characters?"
I meant, if you are in favour say fanbase, if you are not then hate. Not that it matters now, since I'm switching the day now. Using your topic, I think it's good.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I suggested a few topics in a post above, feel free to use those whenever you want:

What about topics like "Is four Star Fox characters too many?" or "Will there be any cuts?" or "Can Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark all be playable?" and things like that?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I want the Donkey Kong franchise to have four characters, because its sales and popularity easily warrant such representation, and K. Rool and Dixie are both prominent Nintendo characters.

I believe the Donkey Kong franchise will have three characters in SSB4, because Sakurai constantly overlooks it in Smash for no good reason. Though this is my vote, the fact that K. Rool will likely have been added early to SSB4 opens up the possibility that Dixie got in anytime after him during development (not now that movesets have been started, but during the planning phase).

Nominate "Does clone potential help or hinder a character's chances?"

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
@BKupa you're bringing up some good questions, i love them.

As far as Donkey Kong characters, i would be okay with Dixie if K.Rool was already in, and there was a sufficient amount of other characters added. Not that they don't deserve it, but i'd like to see the characters spread out a bit among the roster

jigglover

Smash Lord
BKupa, that post was philosophical by smash standards, well done. Also I love that question, and would never have thought of it myself.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
It'd certainly make me a happy little mage to have 4 DK reps. No more K. Rool Vs. Dixie Kong, just put them both in. By comparison, I can't think of any two more deserving DK characters than those two. Come on Sakurai, show DK some much deserved love, alright?

As for questions, how about these two, 1) "just how many, if any, third party characters should be in SSB4?" 2) "should Snake and/or Sonic be replaced with one/two new 3rd party characters, and if so who?"

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it would hinder, but every character has an option to be a clone honestly.
Prime example:
Ganondorf and Captain Falcon

Paper Mario to Mario
Waluigi to Wario
every possible new sword user to Link, Marth, or Ike
Megaman to Samus
Zoroark to Lucario
Bowser Jr. to Bowser
Ridley to Charizard
Dixie to Diddy

It shouldn't matter if theyre a clone or not. Should matter if they're an all star of Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got an idea, why don't we suggest a topic while we post like the vote thread, and if more than one person is interested(ie basically voting on a topic) we switch to that topic next

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
What about Toad and Scizor?
well Toad could possibly be a clone of Mario, being a generic character.

Scizor? He's almost never brought up unless as a second gen rep. Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Victini far outclass Scizor for the next smash. No I suppose Scizor wouldn't be a clone of.. well anyone, but he's not a strong candidate in the running for ssb4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well Toad could possibly be a clone of Mario, being a generic character.

Scizor? He's almost never brought up unless as a second gen rep. Mewtwo, Zoroark, and Victini far outclass Scizor for the next smash. No I suppose Scizor wouldn't be a clone of.. well anyone, but he's not a strong candidate in the running for ssb4.
I don't know if it makes you non-imaginative or really imaginative to have your thoughts on Toad go straight to Mario clone

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Jigglover, out of four topics, three of them are undecided. I feel like this thread may be moving too fast. Before posting a new topic, wait a little while. Allow more people to contribute. Two people saying one thing while the other two say another thing won't settle a thing.

Also, allow people to maybe vote on the next topic, or make posts warning people when the topic will change soon.

Just trying to help.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think this thread has something good going for it but it suffers from a lack of organization, undefined goals, and an absence of a concrete schedule.

I would suggest to discuss a way to improve this thread, close it, and reopen using suggestions that were made.

For example, set a concrete date for discussion to take place. Let' say the day starts with a topic. People can discuss it for three days. On the third day, the topic changes (not "one or two days. Keep in uniformal).

While people are chiming into the current 3 day discussion, people are nominating topics and voting. On the first day, people suggest topics. One topic per person and the first five topics will be voted on the next day. This will prevent people for voting in their own topics come voting. On the second day, people vote on the five nominated topics. At the end of the third day, the winning topic will announced and the topic changes. The thread creator, Jigg in this case, would have to monitor the entire process but I feel it could work. Some of it is a variation of the Rate and Discuss rules.

Just a suggestion. It just seems this thread goes off track easily and the discussion leads to no definite results.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it makes you non-imaginative or really imaginative to have your thoughts on Toad go straight to Mario clone
I was simply trying to make a point, I don't see Toad being a clone at all. Honestly. If I came off as unimaginative than I was proving the wrong point :(

This doesn't bode well for a story writing career...

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think this thread has something good going for it but it suffers from a lack of organization, undefined goals, and an absence of a concrete schedule.

I would suggest to discuss a way to improve this thread, close it, and reopen using suggestions that were made.

For example, set a concrete date for discussion to take place. Let' say the day starts with a topic. People can discuss it for three days. On the third day, the topic changes (not "one or two days. Keep in uniformal).

While people are chiming into the current 3 day discussion, people are nominating topics and voting. On the first day, people suggest topics. One topic per person and the first five topics will be voted on the next day. This will prevent people for voting in their own topics come voting. On the second day, people vote on the five nominated topics. At the end of the third day, the winning topic will announced and the topic changes. The thread creator, Jigg in this case, would have to monitor the entire process but I feel it could work. Some of it is a variation of the Rate and Discuss rules.

Just a suggestion. It just seems this thread goes off track easily and the discussion leads to no definite results.

These are very good ideas. I've been changing the day roughly once a day at about 8PM for me, which is as the morning starts for the U.S. I'll restart this thread this evening, since I'm too tired right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom