• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
:rotfl:

I wonder what could possibly have inspired you to create this thread! I like it.

Anyway, you know my stance. Shy Guy is obviously a Mario character.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
He first appeared in SMB2, therefore he is quite clearly a Mario character.

That said, if he ever, somehow, some way, became playable, there's a chance he could receive a Yoshi icon rather than a Mario one, since Yoshi first appeared in a Mario game as well.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Just to inform that I will change the topic on the late 8th early 9th, so you have roughly a day to get your votes in so we can reach a verdict!

jigglover

Smash Lord
:rotfl:

I wonder what could possibly have inspired you to create this thread! I like it.

Anyway, you know my stance. Shy Guy is obviously a Mario character.
I wonder... It will be useful for plenty of thing other than our little 'debate' over on the yoshi thread though, at a later date.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Shy Guy is a Mario character......

Unless we bring this character in; then he becomes a Yoshi character.

Tribal Shy Guy FTW!

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I think Golden's contribution in the other thread kind of settles this...

For those who hadn't seen it, Golden mentioned how, in Brawl, Shy Guy's trophy was placed in the Super Mario trophy section. So we know how Sakurai sees it. And since Sakurai IS the one who leads the development of the games....

Case closed. :)

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think Golden's contribution in the other thread kind of settles this...

For those who hadn't seen it, Golden mentioned how, in Brawl, Shy Guy's trophy was placed in the Super Mario trophy section. So we know how Sakurai sees it. And since Sakurai IS the one who leads the development of the games....

Case closed. :)
He could change his mind. I heard that Sakurai knows of this forum, and if he does check it and reads our, um.. healthy debate then I could change his mind! Or he could have just played another Yoshi game :awesome:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
He could change his mind. I heard that Sakurai knows of this forum, and if he does check it and reads our, um.. healthy debate then I could change his mind! Or he could have just played another Yoshi game :awesome:
Sakurai could change his mind about anything... he could suddenly decide to add only Kid Icarus and Kirby characters, but no one can really tell when or if Sakurai will change his mind. All we have to go by is what he's said and done is the past!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Sakurai could change his mind about anything... he could suddenly decide to add only Kid Icarus and Kirby characters, but no one can really tell when or if Sakurai will change his mind. All we have to go by is what he's said and done is the past!
Exactly, or he could have just played another Yoshi game. Did Shy guy's description not have Yoshi's island DS as his last appearance? If he didn't then it's wrong since it was.

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
The Mario series has always considered Shy Guy to be associated with Yoshi in spinoffs and things. Shy Guy's only chance is as a new Yoshi series rep. There are way too many Mario characters to let Shy Guy in.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As much as Sakurai could change his mind, I gotta say a Mario character, due to the trophy thing.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Although his first appearance was in Super Mario Bros 2, I don't really think of that one as much of a mario title. Wasn't it Doki Doki Panic, but they replaced the 4 heroes with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, renaming it SMB2. So wouldn't that make shyguy a Doki Doki Panic character? Shyguys have a more prominent role in the yoshi games however as they star as the yoshi island savages/natives. Well the natives if ya don't count the yoshis. And shyguy's movelist would be more greatly inspired by the variety of shyguys that have starred in yoshi's island.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since Shy guys first appearance was in Doki Doki panic, which is based on non-video game characters, that makes them "4th party" (At least the definition that people in this forum use for that, which is still technically 3rd party)

Shy guys can't be in smash because of that

jigglover

Smash Lord
Since Shy guys first appearance was in Doki Doki panic, which is based on non-video game characters, that makes them "4th party" (At least the definition that people in this forum use for that, which is still technically 3rd party)

Shy guys can't be in smash because of that
Surely those non-video game characters then became video game characters because Doki Doki Panic is a video game!? If that's the case then Birdo is impossible too.

D

Deleted member

While Psycho's probably trolling with his logic, by your logic jigglover, that makes characters like Mickey Mouse, Naruto, Darth Vader, etc. video game characters since they have video games.

jigglover

Smash Lord
While Psycho's probably trolling with his logic, by your logic jigglover, that makes characters like Mickey Mouse, Naruto, Darth Vader, etc. video game characters since they have video games.
Oh yeah, I'm tired :p... I'm interested to know though, what anime was Shy guy in?

Do you know how to change the title for this thread? I don't... Also, another topic will begin in roughly an hour.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh yeah, I'm tired :p... I'm interested to know though, what anime was Shy guy in?

Do you know how to change the title for this thread? I don't... Also, another topic will begin in roughly an hour.
Shy guy wasn't in an anime, all the characters in Doki Doki Panic were original Nintendo character EXCEPT the main characters. That's why Nintendo still uses them. Except Wart, who is a Nintendo character but never got a chance for his revenge. I'm just joking around because of the logic of "He appeared in a Mario game first" when in actuality he appeared in a 3rd party title first

jigglover

Smash Lord
Shy guy wasn't in an anime, all the characters in Doki Doki Panic were original Nintendo character EXCEPT the main characters. That's why Nintendo still uses them. Except Wart, who is a Nintendo character but never got a chance for his revenge. I'm just joking around because of the logic of "He appeared in a Mario game first" when in actuality he appeared in a 3rd party title first
Oh, that's actually clever! :D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd say if Daisy got in, she should be a totally unique character with moves based on Super Mario Land and all her spinoff appearances. Other than that, it wouldn't make since for her to be a semi clone of Peach since she wouldn't use her minions as guards or use a parasol.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Daisy would certantly be a clone of Peach due to having a similiar body shape to her and just having similiar abilities to Peach in the Mario spin-offs.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
*Sigh*

For those who are done with the Shy Guy debate, please ignore the collapsing text below. It's only intended for members like jigglover. Otherwise, just ignore it, and move on. :)

[COLLAPSE="JIGGLOVER: Shy Guy - Mario or Yoshi?"]Sorry to revert back to the Yoshi Vs. Mario thing, I'll have a response to the current debate later, but... when was it officially decided that Shy Guy is a Mario character? Look at this:

MARIO
-Spydr Enzo
-GoldenYuiitusin
-Opposum
-Jhonnykiller45
-BKupa666

YOSHI
-jigglover
-Onyx Oblivian
-Pokemoneinstein
-DakotaBonez

About BKupa's comment: He first appeared in SMB2, therefore he is quite clearly a Mario character. Then he says: there's a chance he could receive a Yoshi icon rather than a Mario one. This comment points more toward Mario than Yoshi.

Mario wins. BKupa's comment is definitely Mario (OBVIOUSLY not Yoshi), and if you count it as neutral it's still even. You did count, right? Don't forget what people have said on other threads. It's not like only opinions on this thread count... that's extremely ignorant.

jigglover said:
Exactly, or he could have just played another Yoshi game. Did Shy guy's description not have Yoshi's island DS as his last appearance? If he didn't then it's wrong since it was.
Are you serious? Your logic is terribly flawed, I'm sorry. Really try to THINK about this before you post. Do you realize that Yoshi's Island DS is the last game in the Yoshi series (yet Shy Guy CONTINUES to appear in Mario games) and it was released in 2006?

It doesn't matter what Shy Guy's last appearance was on that trophy description... do you realize within which game series the character's trophy was placed? THE MARIO SERIES. If Sakurai thought Shy Guy was a Yoshi character would he have not placed him in the YOSHI's ISLAND series??? Seriously, how can you not understand that? That right there is proof that, if Shy Guy ever by the slimmest chance became playable, he would be a Mario character.

Furthermore, arguing that "Sakurai could chance his mind" is a terrible argument. Honestly, no one has any way of knowing when or if he will change his mind about ANYTHING. All we have to go by is what he has already said and done. Seriously, someone could argue that Sakurai is going to cut Jigglypuff this time around, "because duuuh maybe he changed his mind!" Well, maybe, but how the hell are we supposed to know? Furthermore "maybe he'll play another Yoshi game" is also a dumb argument. How in the world would that change his mind? He's already acknowledged that Shy Guy's last mainstream game (pre-Brawl) was Yoshi's Island DS, yet, he STILL places him in the Mario Series. Does that not tell you anything?

I mean, it really isn't a big deal, but you aren't exactly honoring your own thread's purpose by proclaiming that Shy Guy is a Mario character. More people have voted Mario (including one uncertain person, BKupa, and even without his vote, it would still be even). If you want to make a thread like this, you need to be able to admit when you are wrong and honor the thread's stated intention.

That is all. :)[/COLLAPSE]

Peach and Daisy... here's the thing:

You could honestly argue that any character has potential, but the question is, will Sakurai see that potential? He certainly didn't with Toon Link. I feel that with Daisy's similar body shape and appearance to Peach, she would be an easy throw-in character that could use many of Peach's moves, but maybe with a few of her own moves.

She has original potential (sports attacks, y'know, the usual suggestions), but she also has clone potential due to her and Peach's physical similarities.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we all can agree, we need more Yoshi games. I love the two he's got. And no, Yoshi story doesn't count

jigglover

Smash Lord
I think we all can agree, we need more Yoshi games. I love the two he's got. And no, Yoshi story doesn't count
I concur. Truthfully, I didn't even know about Yoshi's island DS until 2011 (obviously I bought it straight away and it very enjoyable) but I need another game like that! I'd also like to state that ONM put it as the 2ND BEST game of 2006, behind only new super mario bros!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
What the heck jigglover? Yer discussing yesterdays topic...on your own thread. Shouldn't you set the example by talking about today's subject? Daisy?

I think many people would enjoy an alt skin for Peach that makes her appear as daisy. Oh wait there already is one. Would making a more daisy looking model using peach's moveset work?

jigglover

Smash Lord
What the heck jigglover? Yer discussing yesterdays topic...on your own thread. Shouldn't you set the example by talking about today's subject? Daisy?

I think many people would enjoy an alt skin for Peach that makes her appear as daisy. Oh wait there already is one. Would making a more daisy looking model using peach's moveset work?
Sorry... It is inevitable that one day's topic will carry on into the next, but I'm making the new day now, so no more shy guy, and less Daisy. I think that it wouldn't make sense, Dakotez, but it would work.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

That's entirely possible, and the best chance anyone has of seeing Daisy playable in SSB4, but people will still complain that Daisy is not her own character, when the chances of that actually happening are extremely slim at this point.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go with hate. Not much of hater, but he doesn;t have my vote. anywhere.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
This seems like a very indecisive thread... Also, every topic so far has concerned the Mario series. What about topics like "Is four Star Fox characters too many?" or "Will there be any cuts?" or "Can Lucario, Mewtwo, and Zoroark all be playable?" and things like that?

Anyway, I really have no idea, but I'll say more people like him than hate him. In my honest opinion, he;s pretty damn average, and both his hate and his popularity are often extremely over-estimated.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Does jigglover decide the topic? There should be a vote on what the next topic should be. Additionally, the past two results didnt have a decisive outcome. Isnt that what you are trying to find out; the decisive outcome of the debate?

:phone:

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
In here, Waluigi's probably 50/50, but on sites such as GameFAQs, Waluigi certantly has a bigger fanbase than hatebase.
Or if I am to pick only one, I'll go with fanbase. Waluigi ain't stupid Tingle or anything.
(also, jigglover, I'd highly recommend for you to change the thread's name whenever we're discussing a new topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom