• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock please.

livan

Smash Apprentice
i agreed with man so earth go for it ok with more and more you are pretty cool ok animo animo animo

n_n

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
@Livan: If you think Ness might be hurt with uair, don't try PKT2!

Also, I've never known that you can sourspot bair with his head. I gotta try that.

Maybe you can put tips on how to use bair like you did for fair, such as countering moves like Din's Fire (Very fun when approaching).

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Wow I wasn't expecting the uair's hitbox to be that range. What I mean by that is that I didn't know the hitbox was bigger in the back, i thought it was more equal.

BTW- i'm sure everyone has seen and heard those little sparks when you just barely miss an opponent, I'm assuming thats cause they just missed the hitbox. Are you using this to help test these ranges?

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
Wow I wasn't expecting the uair's hitbox to be that range. What I mean by that is that I didn't know the hitbox was bigger in the back, i thought it was more equal.

BTW- i'm sure everyone has seen and heard those little sparks when you just barely miss an opponent, I'm assuming thats cause they just missed the hitbox. Are you using this to help test these ranges?
I'd find those to be helpful, I good idea. When I'm in the training room online, I usually goof off with the sparks and Dair. (:

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
i'm sure everyone has seen and heard those little sparks when you just barely miss an opponent, I'm assuming thats cause they just missed the hitbox. Are you using this to help test these ranges?
You mean glancing blows?

Yes, they indicate the edge of the hitbox the best. It means the your hitbox and the opponent's hurtbox are tangetial, just touching.

Also today I'll probably do Nair and Dash Attack. I'm saving Dair of the weekend.

EDIT: I didn't have time today! ):

I'll do my best to update tomorrow.

livan

Smash Apprentice
animo earth ok you can and you have skills animo animo animo ok go for it with the hittbox animo animo ok earth animo

n_n

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Hey I've never looked up the frame data, I'm sure that there is a thread (think I recall seeing it) I think it might be useful if the frame data could be included along with the pictures. Combine frame data information along with a visual for people to better understand.

Edit: Just found the thread
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207559
anyways think it would be nice to have the thread information combined.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Ness' Bair cancels Lucas' pkt if sweetspotted! It happened once when I played a CPU Lucas lvl9 when he was trying to recover.

Sorry if random, but that's one of the many uses for bair because it is able to cancel some projectiles. And the bair should also sweetspot based on timing because I've sweetspotted with the small part of the head many times.

Do you think you could test out ness' ff'd fair? For some reason I keep missing whenever I ff it. If so that would be awesome. I can't wait to see this thread when it's all finished.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Very nice, I was looking forward to one of these. Now I will have a better idea of where I can hit with Ness's aerials. Keep up the good work and finish this. :)

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious to see what the grab hitbox looks like. I've always believed it was rather small though my friends that I play against have occasionally said that they think its larger than what it seems.

Great work so far, keep it up.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I'm curious to see what the grab hitbox looks like. I've always believed it was rather small though my friends that I play against have occasionally said that they think its larger than what it seems.

Great work so far, keep it up.
Grab hitbox? It's gonna be awful hard to test that. :(
I think it's worse than IC's grab range and better than Pika's grab range........???
Where was that list........ >_> <_<

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
Not surprised by 3rd jab, I am always thinking "WTF, am I playing as Snake?" when I hit with that disjointed awesomeness.

Fair does surprise me. That retreated fair is probably only rivaled by ZSS' side-B, Charizard's fair and possibly Ike's fair?

I really thought bair would have more disjointedness at his feet than it does. Maybe I am still missing this move from Melee.

Can't wait to see Utilt, Nair and PKT2 (I swear it has a huge hitbox at initial impact).

I think we will be surprised by the bat's hitbox, it really has quite the range and may be more useful than it now appears to be.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
It looks like the bat has a bit of a hitbox extending from the tip. I'd also like to see PKT2's hitbox. It's pretty big in the beginning.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It looks like the bat has a bit of a hitbox extending from the tip. I'd also like to see PKT2's hitbox. It's pretty big in the beginning.
Yeah, the Bat has a slim invisible hitbox.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Ness's standing grab range is very short, his dash grab however has decent range because he slides. What I like about Ness's grabs though is that they have quick startup and ending lag.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Good job already EBZero
I would like to see ness his Pivot Grab
Cause I think the range isn't that bad and it adds something to ness his game

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
The bat has a weird hitbox, unless in the online training/waiting function the sandbox has a bigger hurtbox.
Cause I did a pk fire while it was in the air to keep it up and then proceeded to hit it with the bat, however, by all means it looked as if the bat went completely under the sandbag. But it still hit lol

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
People can (and should) just practice spacing in training mode. Way better than simply looking at hitboxes.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Some hitboxes are freaking weird though (although none of Ness' are)... imagine trying to figure out Jiggs' Melee rest hitbox just by trial and error -_- (I did this, and it was anything but fun).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
this thread needs to have PSI Healing Ω used on it.... or a cup of lifenoodles... this thread would be good to have and also to use as a reference...

one thing to contribute about the Dsmash is that it has a longer hitbox backwards when charged further than when immediately unleashed. same with usmash. the yoyo hitbox is really weird for usmash, so i would really look into both usmash and dsmash hitboxes, because they may be bigger than expected.

other than that, this thread has been dead for a while and needs to be revived.... WHERE ARE YOU, PREVIOUS UBER NESS MAINS?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
THIS.

seriously. people learn hitboxes by hitting with them, not by looking at pictures of them.
What about the people who play other characters and/or want the hitboxes just for comparison? Just yesterday I referenced this thread while I was on the Lucario boards discussing the Ness matchup with them (and that's ultimately probably the reason why this thread was 'necroed' - someone who saw my post came to it through curiosity and bumped it...unless it was just pure coincidence that a long-dead thread was bumped within hours of me citing it); anyway the point is that showing the Lucario boards (in this case) the picture of Ness' fair was a lot clearer than saying "it's a really stupidly big circle".

I mean it's not like it hurts anyone that these pictures are available. If people are actually relying on them to that extent then let them be scrubs :)

Levitas

the moon
Hey, I'm not saying don't use these kinds of things as a reference, but ultimately it's a feel for the moves that will help you.

That, and I don't like depictions that don't come from debug because when I first tried to explain where hitboxes were in melee, it was weird to see the differences were.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hitboxes in smash are wtf weird. Even if you memorize them. Like I've been knee'd throug my fair wtf.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
That, and I don't like depictions that don't come from debug because when I first tried to explain where hitboxes were in melee, it was weird to see the differences were.

i agree with this. not saying that earthbound zero is not credible or that his images are not accurate, but it's nice to have this kind of information coming from a legit source. although, he did do a good job on estimating what the hit boxes actually look like.

Top Bottom