• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock please.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Nesses F-smash has 3 HitBoxes.

The tip does the most damage and knock back. and it takes about 26% O . O

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It has 4 hitboxes actually.
Wow really? When I was testing I only saw 3 differences in damage and knock back? Are you counting the reflecting the bat does as a hitbox?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
GIMR, when they were working on Ness in brawl+ they collected all the hitbox data and it said Ness' bat has 4 damaging hitboxes. No clue how the reflecting hitbox works.

I do know that Ness' bat had 4 hitboxes in melee (5 if you count the reflector around Ness).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
if you are lucky, a little bit of the reflecting hitbox will last a while for ness' bat and allow you to reflect things coming from behind.... i never get such luck though... PSI magnet is so much better....

PSI magnet will have insanely weird range of absorption, i will assure you.... i feel like it absorbs further below than anywhere else. wind is a different story... less, but maybe about the length of first jab.... im not entirely sure at all.... it would take a few simple tests, but basically closer = more push.

PKFire = ......pizzacake.
PKFlash = difficult, because it could possibly change or grow from beginning to full charge. there woud have to be some sort of similar looking thing to hurricanes for this one... you know where a weatherman shows what was predicted of a big storm going towards a coast? well basically it would be a map out from place where initial hit could be to where you can make it travel, but show one clear thing of how it gradually grows from start to finish.... if i don't know what i'm talking about, nevermind....
PKT = pizzacake
pkt2 = .... slightly more disjointed at the beginning, but im not sure....
yoyo = charging is random depending on how long it is held, if it is hit or hits something else, and what kind of stage.... swinging has a slightly bigger range off the yoyo than expected.
dair is weird....
nair is weird....
grabbing ledge is weird...
grabbing stand still is bad...
dash grab starts a little ways away from you, then i don't know....
pivot grab = realllllllly good... maybe not great, but considerably better than the others.
throws.... you can hit other people, but that will be weirder to map out than any others...
pummel.... simple enough.
dtilt = simple enough.... slightly behind.
utilt = pizzacake
all else = done.

it all has to do with getting a feel for the randomly bigger hitboxes... you can't look at a picture, you just have to know where a hitbox could get to and how able you are of hitting with it... you can tell people this weird stuff to assist in showing them how you can hit with something, but they have to get a feel for it.0

Top Bottom