• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
you need to use more attacks. pretty much the only things u do are nair dsmash laser and gyro. use ftilt, jab, dtilt, bair a lot more. dont roll as much. use your items (like gyros) better.
also, dont shoot too high right away, take one step at a time. i can tell ya now from first hand experience that dsf and cort are lightyears ahead of that snake lol

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Thanks, JC, but I got stuff going on, I think.

I would love to go to CH4 but first off I'd have a better chance at Esticle (which I won't be going to), and secondly that's the first weekend after my semester at school begins. I'll be student teaching and more than likely won't even place at CH4 anyway.

I may, may may may take you up on the offer.

And thanks, toasty, I found it online and just had to gank it.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
yeah, the trading hits issue is really unfortunate
a good Peach is incredibly difficult to punish by means of waiting for an opening in her approach
her autocancels into jabs are amazing, even turn-around jabs upon landing [**** looks instantaneous]
An aggressive Peach makes all of this much more worrisome.
If you can manage it, keep a gyro on the ground in between the two of you and laser her when she tries to deal with it.

Maybe use retreating bairs to autospace into a jab or f/d tilt?

OS mentioned this a while ago: use reverse-gyro-cancels into fast-fall bair

Recover high to avoid carelessly being gimped by a dropped turnip.

I may get to play a decent/pretty good Peach player this weekend so I'll try and get some basic stats in the "what works and what doesn't work" dept.

General Vs. Peach stuff:
Just like in Melee, watch out for quick-float nair/bair out of shield. It's not as quick as it was in Melee but it's still good. Floating dairs can still be used to **** the top of your shield [and ROB can easily get shield-stabbed :( :( :(]
good post. i think the match-up is even btw. i believe it would be in peaches favor if rob was a bit easier to ko

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So who all is going to Esticle this weekend? Any ROBs other than OWM, Nacker, and me? Chibo?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i should be, but no promises. iv got my ride lined up and all, its just if i wanna spend the money. anybody wanna contribute to the send chibo to esticle fund? lol

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Eh I think I'm just gonna sit Esticle out. Not worth 11 hours of driving for a 1-day tourney.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Woah woah did Plank just indirectly give me a compliment?

It's because I've been playing ROB really gay lately isn't it?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Esticle should be fun, especially the part where i'm being housed with h2yl after the tournament.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
everyone here should go to smashtality 4. look for it in tourney listings. its gonna be worth it. out of country players are even ocming. oversmarm,i heard vidjo might come, so maybe u could come with him?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Huh? My offer was for housing for CH4, which I live 20 minutes from. It still stands.

everyone here should go to smashtality 4. look for it in tourney listings. its gonna be worth it. out of country players are even ocming. oversmarm,i heard vidjo might come, so maybe u could come with him?
$20 each for singles and doubles? And double that if you want to play Melee? :ohwell: I ain't rich, I'll pass. A shame too because it's actually in pretty easy driving distance for me.

Sudai

Stuff here
Weeelllllllllllllllllll, expect Sudai to get incredibly better and have plenty of **** vids vs some of the more prominent characters in Louisiana. He just got his heart smashed..

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I find it amusing that ROB's really do get better after relationship issues. I've got like a.... love tetrahedron going on, so I think I'm either going to suck at smash or start three stocking everyone.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
It's because girlfriends suck away all your free time. Once you're single, you've got plenty of time to devote to smash.

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
With JCaes in the house
It's a tough call
Should we or not
Play some Torpedo Ball

He takes all your money
Then he gives them a lick
And rubs them on his face
Geez what a ****

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

Sudai

Stuff here
It's because girlfriends suck away all your free time. Once you're single, you've got plenty of time to devote to smash.
Not so true when your girlfriend lives an hour and a half away.

P-Wubbs, I love you and your random rhymes.

Also, Sudai calls MMs with anyone in Torpedo Ball. I've never played, but I'll be ****ed if I'm not willing to lose money to it after that vid. XD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
yeah...if you don't currently see the girl too frequently, being single doesn't free up a whole lot of extra time >_> that's kinda what I'm going through...ugh.
*hug*@Sudai

Also, that's exactly how I feel about Torpedo Ball hah

on a related note, I WILL MM anyone in Billiards [preferably 8-ball, I'll play 9-ball if you really want to]
If you're going to Jubilee, and Karn has that same pool table, seee meee sonnnn ^_^

I hope to record tourney matches after this weekend and next weekend. If you don't check this thread frequently, just subscribe:
www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Sudai

Stuff here
*hugs toasty then wipes the crumbs off his shirt but leave the ones that got on his pants because he wants toasty all up on his pants*

I subscribed. I check this thread all the time, but I still subscribed. XP

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I will mm anyone in torpedo ball for any amount of money. That vid was from the first day and I was a lot better by the second day. I even took $ from Tope who was supposed to be one of the best torp ball players there. Didn't get a chance to mm Chillin though.

P-Wubbs is my best friend btw, who I'm trying to get into competitive smash. I told him when he gets bored at work he can swing by this thread since it's more or less the ROB social thread at this point. Not sure where the whole poem thing came from though:confused:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Watch the video toasty posted. That's torpedo ball in a nutshell. I ended up playing more torpedo ball than smash that weekend cause it was so fun.

Top Bottom