• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live Free and DI - December 14th, 2013 - Raymond, NH

WyzDM

Smash Cadet

EDIT: RESULTS HERE- http://smashboards.com/threads/live-free-and-di-results.344071/

Yeah, a New Hampshire tournament! I know I'm still very new to the community, but I've traveled as far as Bangor ME and even Hartford CT for Melee and Project M alike. There aren't many events in my area, so I'm taking it upon myself to start one in my home town of Raymond. It's time to get some Super Smash Bros back into New Hampshire!

~Location~
Pop Culture: Cards-Comics-Collectibles-Games
66 Route 27
Raymond NH 03077
Website | Facebook

~Details~
Saturday, December 14th, 2013
Melee Singles/Doubles and PM Singles (maybe PM doubles for side event, if time permits)
$5 venue fee and $5 per game entrance fee (total of $20 with venue fee)
60/30/10 for top 3 of each.
$5 venue fee waved with TV + GameCube/Wii Set up!

~Schedule~
Registration 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
SSBM and PM Singles 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
SSBM Doubles 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Everyone out by 10:00 PM

~Rules~
Melee
[collapse=Project M]
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Starter (Singles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick (Singles)
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

Starter (Doubles)
Battlefield
Dreamland
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville
SSE: Jungle
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

Counterpick (Doubles)
Dracula's Castle
Fountain of Dreams
Green Hill Zone
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
[/collapse]

Just to make one thing clear (after watching the Hbox/Wobbles set), only grand finals is best of 5.

I also need everyone's cooperation with their manners, especially with exclamations. This place has young kids coming in with their parents to buy comic books. We must respect. If they overhear any cursing, we will not only lose any chance for having another tournament here but be asked to leave on the spot. Don't ruin this event for everyone else!

Depending on the success and how big it gets, I will reserve more time into the night for future events, but for right now I will work to make sure everything is finished by 8:00. This is my first time as a TO, so any concerns or questions about the schedule, costs, and venue, please go ahead and ask me. I'm really excited about this but will be taking all the steps necessary to ensure a fun yet successful tourney for us in New Hampshirehhfg

ChicknMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Can't go because school johns, but that pun (the event name) is worth a comment. Good on you sir.

KookyChef

Smash Rookie
Awesome. My friends and I live in verrmont and have been trying to find nearby tournaments for a really long time. hopefully we can carpool down

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
Awesome. My friends and I live in verrmont and have been trying to find nearby tournaments for a really long time. hopefully we can carpool down

Awesome! I know of another carpool from Maine that could come down as well. We could totally do some crew battles if I can get the time. Maybe not this one, but if all goes well I will certainly make another and give us more time for it. Would be fantastic.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
I will most likely be coming to this. If so, I'll probably be able to fit 2-3 more people in my car and can house if needed (I live in Central MA). Let me know if you're interested.

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
I will most likely be coming to this. If so, I'll probably be able to fit 2-3 more people in my car and can house if needed (I live in Central MA). Let me know if you're interested.

Alright Ramo! For some reason I thought you was in NY, but nonetheless it's awesome you can still come!

Landry

Smash Ace
I definitely want to come to this. If I can find a way to get there from school then I'm in.

Landry

Smash Ace
^^Ditto. Osh and I will probably both be coming down from Plymouth for this. I'm pretty excited for a tournament that's not actually a pain in the ass to travel to.

Quick question - what's your reasoning as to why doubles takes place after singles? I doesn't really matter that much, I'm just curious.

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
Quick question - what's your reasoning as to why doubles takes place after singles? I doesn't really matter that much, I'm just curious.

I know this isn't traditional, but I have a few players traveling for the PM scene and may not be able to stay if it was put until later. Also, there will be more new players local to the area I have invited who will be partaking mostly in singles. Because I have until 8:00 I must manage the time for what the event is geared for. If this is a huge hit (which so far looks to be popular) I will certainly look to holding more time for it and perhaps rearrange the schedule to accommodate that. But I can't guarantee it this time around, perhaps another in the following month.

Obligatory Edit: I am a Smash Cadet. Yesh.

Zeonix

Smash Apprentice
Wyzdm, I'm not sure if I will be able to make it, but am still trying. I say this because I have final exams the week after starting on Monday. But I'm still figuring things out. I'll let you know!

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
if the next version of pm is out by this time, will we be using that?

It's not scheduled for release until winter 2013, and I'm expecting the earliest to be late January. But to answer your question; yes, should it be open for download before the date of the tourney. It would make sense to use that as it is the most recent version and updated product available.

EDIT: How quick I am to eat my own words. PM 3.0 is scheduled for release December 9th, and by golly it may be soon but it would be a shame not to use it. Better practice those match-ups early!

Landry

Smash Ace
Out of curiosity, how much interest have you seen for this? I guess what I'm asking is how many people do you expect to come?

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
Out of curiosity, how much interest have you seen for this? I guess what I'm asking is how many people do you expect to come?

I can honestly tell you quite a few. I have 10 players confirmed on my Facebook event, and it looks like another 5-7 here. These are players who have said "Yes, I will be here." Outside of that, a few players I know personally have told me they plan on attending or are very interested in coming. I can promise you at least 20 people are going to this, and I'm still working on bumping it higher. The venue itself can comfortable hold 30 in the area we will be making use of for set ups, so I'm going for full capacity.

In other news, this could be the first 3.0 PM tourney, never mind how long it's been since anything Smash has been hosted in NH.

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
landry who cares if only you, wyz, and I show up IT'S THE FIRST TOURNEY IN NH SINCE LITERALLY 2010

trudat. But for reals, I know of carpools coming down from ME, VT, MA, and perhaps my buddy Zenonix from CT. The only other New England state we need is RI!

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'll probably be at this, no gamecube controller and I've never played PM but this is local so it'll be a fun way to spend a saturday and support NH smash stuff - which we haven't had any of for 3 years

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
I'll probably be at this, no gamecube controller and I've never played PM but this is local so it'll be a fun way to spend a saturday and support NH smash stuff - which we haven't had any of for 3 years

I can spot you a controller. :)

WyzDM

Smash Cadet
Just an update, I got permission to hold the event another hour or 2 later to support doubles. I would edit my OP, but I receive an error stating I've been blocked. It's probably related to the anti-ddos software.

tekkie

Smash Master
i don't play either tournament game but it's seriously like a 5-10 minute drive away so i'll come hang out at some point

edit: i can bring a wii/CRT pretty easily too

double edit: if people want friendlies/MMs in brawl and there's room/time/etc i'm down

Top Bottom