• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac is NOT OP! Here's why.

Do you think Little Mac is OP?

• Total voters

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Of course MEta Knight was OP. I'm just saying a newer person will feel that mac is OP because he caters to him:

Ground game? check. Noobs are usually on ground
Air game. Nope. doesn't matter noobs don't use aerials well.
Comboed easily? Check. Lol, noob vs noob there are no combos.
Edgeguarding and followups? Like hell he does it well, he can only gimp himself!. But i don't need to explain this one
Recovery? there are what, 4 characters(doc, Ganon, Bowser without mashing and DK) that have worse vertical recovery? And noobs generally suck at recvering.
Spammable jab, dash and smashes. Check, check and check. Those are the moves noobs spam.
Survivability? Wait, what is that? A noob wouldn't survive long anyways!

You see, EVERY benefit Mac has caters to noobs, EVERY drawback are for thing noobs are bad at. Which is why in a noob vs noob scenario, Little Mac is light-years away from the others(and Wario is last because Bike SDs and weird attacks). So a starter has every the right to say that mac is OP, because at their level he's more broken then a million dropped plates. It doesn't make them right though. in an expert vs expert scenario, Mac is a solid character with armor, speed and power, but suffer from drstic drawbacks to more of an extent than any other character. He's not OP. But for a noob, he's beyond OP.
That explains it a little more for me, thanks :D

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Of course MEta Knight was OP. I'm just saying a newer person will feel that mac is OP because he caters to him:

Ground game? check. Noobs are usually on ground
Air game. Nope. doesn't matter noobs don't use aerials well.
Comboed easily? Check. Lol, noob vs noob there are no combos.
Edgeguarding and followups? Like hell he does it well, he can only gimp himself!. But i don't need to explain this one
Recovery? there are what, 4 characters(doc, Ganon, Bowser without mashing and DK) that have worse vertical recovery? And noobs generally suck at recvering.
Spammable jab, dash and smashes. Check, check and check. Those are the moves noobs spam.
Survivability? Wait, what is that? A noob wouldn't survive long anyways!

You see, EVERY benefit Mac has caters to noobs, EVERY drawback are for thing noobs are bad at. Which is why in a noob vs noob scenario, Little Mac is light-years away from the others(and Wario is last because Bike SDs and weird attacks). So a starter has every the right to say that mac is OP, because at their level he's more broken then a million dropped plates. It doesn't make them right though. in an expert vs expert scenario, Mac is a solid character with armor, speed and power, but suffer from drstic drawbacks to more of an extent than any other character. He's not OP. But for a noob, he's beyond OP.
Just to put this out there, I'm not a noob :p

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
@ warriorman222 warriorman222 you gotta admit @ jmanup85 jmanup85 has a point. :p

Anyway, I joined Smashboards earlier this year because I am interested in the competitive community. I knew absolutely nothing on Smash and I would have considered myself a noob. I do believe my skill has improved (I can actually tech now though not all the time) and my knowledge grown but I have no way of testing my skill level because my internet is so bad every time I go online with Smash it lags. How then would I "prove" that I'm not a noob.

Top Bottom