• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac is NOT OP! Here's why.

Do you think Little Mac is OP?

• Total voters

Dazzap

Smash Cadet

Do you remember when you first got smash bros? And you went like OMG GANONDORF OP! Just because he was powerful? Well, Little Mac is fast AND powerful. Ice climbers were only high tier after their Chain Grabbing. To beat LM You have to play the ledge game. Meaning? When Little Mac grabs the ledge, Well... His up+b doesn't have good length to grab the ledge. So, he will end up Killing himself. Dodge! You have to dodge all of his moves; if you play very risky, and don't shield, yo dead. FEAR THE KO PUNCH! Once you hear the Noise, hide and play your range/ledge game. plus, if LM doesn't use it it will run out. Shield rolling is essential for evading his side special if you shield roll, you might be able to get a hit in too. Little Mac is not OP! The smash community has to figure out a counter. Also, Please feel free to comment your thoughts!
Thanks!

Dazzap.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
I don't think he's op, but I think the KO punch is a little ridiculous.

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
JohnnyDelMidwest Said, From the perspective of a casual, Little Mac is crazy OP. It's kind of frustrating because I thought Nintendo knew that the majority of players are casual.
Yeah... not all players are experts. Like me. :mad088:

Last edited:

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
10 minutes after i posted this, I went online, and played for glory, as little mac. *sigh* The irony. :4littlemac:

_pig

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pig
3DS FC
3609-2226-6761
I think he's a bit OP. Quite a few of his moves have super armor and ridiculous knockback. Personally, I think the KO Punch isn't such an annoying move. It's easy to dodge and easier to punish. The only problem I have with it is the charge. It gets charged from both hitting and being hit. Also, his counter seems better than almost all the others. That might just be me raging at Little Macs though.

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
_pig Said, I think he's a bit OP. Quite a few of his moves have super armor and ridiculous knockback. Personally, I think the KO Punch isn't such an annoying move. It's easy to dodge and easier to punish. The only problem I have with it is the charge. It gets charged from both hitting and being hit. Also, his counter seems better than almost all the others. That might just be me raging at Little Macs though.
Yeah, his knock back is pretty OP. You can't get hit though you have to dodge his moves. The super armor is pretty bad too. you have to hit him AFTER he does a move, instead of before, otherwise the super armor will go into play.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Might just be me but Shulk beats Little Mac p well imo. Just use the smash art to gimp him off stage. You also have a counter to use against Mac's powerful attacks. WAAAYYY too early to say this but I think Shulk:Mac will be a pretty polar matchup

Dazzap

Smash Cadet
Mettie7 Said, Might just be me but Shulk beats Little Mac p well imo. Just use the smash art to gimp him off stage. You also have a counter to use against Mac's powerful attacks. WAAAYYY too early to say this but I think Shulk:Mac will be a pretty polar matchup
Yeah, that seems like it would work well, Shield, Buster, and smash would work very well against Mac. Once he gets knocked off stage, it's pretty easy to kill LM. Shulk has like ZERO kill moves. Also, Pac-Man is a good counter due to his stalling and projectiles. And yes, Shulk:Mac would work in Shulk's favor.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Fast, Strong, Super Armor, KO punch, His new Aerial Gimp. He sounds pretty OP to me. You can't compare him to the online random scrubs, you have to compare him to a tourney level player who knows how to stay away form the ledge. The fact that he is the only character that has a comeback mechanic will be kind of broken in the future. He can take your first stock and use KO punch on the second one for free.

He is not the best in the game, but really strong. His weakness is getting gimped easily, but now with his own gimp, he can counter most gimp attempts that aren't projectiles and score a 1 for 1.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think everything up to and including his gimp is 'fair game', but it's his counter that really puts him over the edge. Between that and Smash 4 airdodges, there's not much one can do without a real grab range. Having a counter on such a rushdown character feels... off. His lack of an air game becomes irrelevant when he can't much be juggled, given that gimping rather requires one to actually /get/ him offstage first...

I don't doubt he has a massive skill ceiling, but there's next to no line between beginner and intermediate with Little Mac. Just because it takes as much (or more) effort to reach mastery with him doesn't discount that his learning curve rather lacks for slope until its midpoint. 'Don't suicide' and 'don't dash-attack someone with a shield grab' are often the only two skills needed to play Mac at an intermediate level. And yes, that seems far more a problem of stage pool than anything.

I think that he might be the easiest character to hit 'good' with, but it's far too early for anyone to see where the standings are for who can hit 'great' and how difficult that turns out to be for each that can. He could just as easily be anything from Ike to Metaknight, to use Brawl examples (Ike had a similarly low 'entry level' but wasn't really much use at higher levels of play, and we all know Metaknight...). While I doubt he'll be on either extreme, given Smash 4's balance overall, I think the only real consensus to be had is that he's a bit easier to play 'not badly' than, say, Megaman.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I feel like he has little to know recovery frames on his dash attack and since people constantly spam that move to makes it hard to punish. And his side tilt is probably the strongest in the game, which feels pretty ridiculous with how much knock back it has. And his super armor shouldn't be in the same level as the heavy weight characters. A attacks and weak aerials and special moves? Yes. Smash attacks and moves that cause meteor smashes? Heck no.

And idk if most counters absorb projectile moves, I know Peach's does, but if the others don't like the FE swords and Shulk then Mac's shouldn't either. If we get character patches (which would make sense cuz of the yoshi glitch) then Mac needs a tad fixing. I feel if anything, just make his recovery frames last a little longer, that's the biggest problem I see. And take knock back away from his ftilt

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Alright, I guess he can keep that then -.- haha. I'm not too fond of Little Mac. I like the character, but he's quite the annoying one to fight. I know most Ness characters use his dash for the simple combo, but thats not the case with Mac

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I guess he can keep that then -.- haha. I'm not too fond of Little Mac. I like the character, but he's quite the annoying one to fight. I know most Ness characters use his dash for the simple combo, but thats not the case with Mac
I mean, even if he does counter the projectile, you should be to far away to get hit, shouldn't you. Anyway, I don't finding him annoying to vs CPU (discluding Counter, so annoying) you just have to be very, very patience

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
I went to a tourney this saturday and fought 2 very competent little macs. All i had to do was play patiently and camp the edge of the stage. I would wait for an opportunity to back throw them and that was their stock every time. I got third just to reference my credibility.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
I went to a tourney this saturday and fought 2 very competent little macs. All i had to do was play patiently and camp the edge of the stage. I would wait for an opportunity to back throw them and that was their stock every time. I got third just to reference my credibility.
You'd need to mention the pool of entrants for that to count for credibility. I placed first/second in two melee tournaments, myself, but there couldn't have been a dozen at either of them, so I didn't count it for much. XD

The problem with the 'back throw them' method is threefold, however. First off, think of someone with a terrible grab range (Robin comes to mind, given she can't even shield grab that dash attack...). Second, think of those whose back throw aren't enough on their own to put him outside of recovery range without high enough damage that you may as well be trying for a conventional KO... But, third, and most importantly, there's nothing keeping a Little Mac from remaining just as patient, in theory. There's no reason for Mac to leave center stage, his strong area, unless you happen to seriously threaten him at-range... While I suppose DHD or Megaman might manage this to some extent, shields and sidesteps and so on will let it remain a stalemate indefinitely... which isn't winning, really, as LM rather has the advantage in sudden death more often than not.

Baiting the inexperienced Macs like so is sure to weed out plenty of them, but it's a plan that hinges on a mistake on their part from the get-go, and it's a bit of a character-dependant method between requiring a good shield grab, back throw, and projectile pressure at stage-range.

Graydient

Smash Cadet
This character, with so much speed, armor, and knockback, really does not need a counter, especially one that lasts as long as Marth or Shulk.

It doesn't help that For Glory is almost completely in LM's favor.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
He's not game breaking OP but I do think he's an abysmally stupid designed character. And I say that with him being my third most played character. I would rather him lose his super armor and KO punch and trade it for better recovery and a few air options. I don't think super super strong on the ground but super easily gimped is good character design. Obviously the fact that he's so overplayed isn't helping, initially he didn't bother me that much but you see him so much more than anyone else. Anyone else and my reaction is "cool, I'm excited to see how this person plays " but with little mac it's like 'oh hey another Little Mac, sigh"

Shog

Smash Ace
Little Mac is such a low risk, high reward character, especially in a laggy match where you can literally only do f tilt and his smashes. No wonder anybody uses him, he is cheap and easy to play. Just always roll, counter in air. I literally used him once against someone and won with him only using like 6 attacks from him(jab, f tilit, smashes)

Yams Everywhere

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1934-0304
Little Mac is such a low risk, high reward character, especially in a laggy match where you can literally only do f tilt and his smashes. No wonder anybody uses him, he is cheap and easy to play. Just always roll, counter in air. I literally used him once against someone and won with him only using like 6 attacks from him(jab, f tilit, smashes)
The thing about that is that those tactics are very easy to punish, it just takes some intelligence. Although rolls and counters are much stronger than in previous iterations, you can still punish people who abuse it. The thing about little mac is that he has a very low learning curve, and he appeals to the newer smashers as a result. All you have to do is abuse his absolutely garbage air game and recovery and he becomes much less of a threat. One positive exchange in neutral on your part, and little macs stock is gone. I think people need to give the game some time for it to develop before placing characters in a tier list.

D

Deleted member 269706

I feel like the KO punch is why he's considered OP. I honestly wouldn't have a problem fighting against him if it weren't for that, but the fact that I can get KOed at 20% (or less) when I'm on the platform, bound to the ground does piss me off to say the least.

Last edited by a moderator:

LightLelouch89

Smash Cadet
Not OP in the slightest. Lure him to him edge, grab, knock off the stage, edge-guard, ????, profit?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Really, the word "overpowered" is being overused these days. He really isn't in any way, and saying that the K.O. Uppercut is the reason why he's "OP" is more of an excuse to me.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Like most people, I think the character itself isn't OP (and I'd argue has some rather decisive counterpick characters against him), but the KO punch was really poorly made. I think if it charged at a QUARTER of the rate it does now, it might be a little more fair because then he'd have to work a bit for it and not have it fall in his lap.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I think the lil dude was an excellent addition and is on the edge of OP depending where you're standing and F tier where you're not standing. He advertises how differently the game can be played depending on who you pick, better than many of the cast. I have about 900 games with him and I don't consider him my main, he's just horribly fun to play and if you can switch things up for the sake of yourself and your opponent, you can in fact make for interesting games.

I for one (considering for glory isn't tournament level comp) never use his K.O. punch. It's a crutch, that I often whiff into the wind far away from the opponent in an obvious fashion. Go learn some of his off ledge gimps to keep things spicy. If you are clearly losing his ledge game or even his mid game... and you win with a K.O.P it doesn't make either player feel satisfied, it's an absurdly fast and easy punish and makes for a tedious stalling opponent when it's prepped.

I don't mind seeing the many Macs, he's so fast and fun, it's understandable. And I generally only pick him now to clobber a ditto (it's no wonder I have so many more games played with him, there have been many a ditto opp) I just don't like his rep and the way the majority stale him out, but its to be expected.

If a character's recovery in many cases is entirely based off rock paper scissors with an opponent choosing to attack or not into a counter makes him viably far less consistent. But his on stage (as everyone knows) presence is monstrous. The former is an obvious cut to the OP status the latter brings, and that's easily manipulated.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
KO punch is in the game, it's a part of his moveset, so I use it. Tournament or no, it's not fair to anyone for me to self-impose arbitrary handicaps. I'm just as interested in learning its hitbox and timing as any other move, in any case. I won't call it simple to avoid, but I've never been hit by one in a way that felt any more unfair than Jigglypuff's rest-- the only difference is that you get one solid attempt per-life and that it's much safer on a miss, but the principle's similar enough. I certainly don't think Mac's OP, but I think KO punch gives him a bit more of an edge in a 2-stock format just as the FD stages do.

Either way, though, I don't think he's OP any more than I think he's F-tier-- I mean, they'd need to make 4 new tiers just to define LM in that case, for one, since the current tier list is apt to be 'A and B', given how balanced the cast feels. XD

But yeah, I just don't feel like he's as powerful nor limited in potential as either hype train is making him out to be. ^^"

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
KO punch is in the game, it's a part of his moveset, so I use it. Tournament or no, it's not fair to anyone for me to self-impose arbitrary handicaps. I'm just as interested in learning its hitbox and timing as any other move, in any case...continued"
I completely respect that kind of outlook as well CharZane :] I wouldn't say you're wrong in wanting to make the best out of the character regardless of the scenario, tournament or not. I think my enjoyment with the move is lessened because of the "OP" rants about the move even though I'm aware I can brush it off and keep breaking jaws, I find in FG practicing without it makes for fun rounds.

And for now I like that A and B tier mentality while we're in this fresh stage of the Meta because I too feel we're playing a fairly balanced game.

So, slow down hype train >:C You're moving too fast in every direction... Let the Mac be

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let me say this

Little Mac is probably the best designed Smash character since Olimar in equipping his playstyle from their games.

What makes Mac special is that he is boxer and one thing that people forget is that boxer don't jusmp around attacking. That's why Mac has terrible air game, to compensate you give him that power on the ground and he's more reministic of Snake in Brawl where he was a force of the ground. Super Armor is to give him a chance to not get knocked around easily.

Best way to play Mac is actually play him like a Punch Out game.

-Be patient and defensive
-Strike when necessary
-punish when there's an opening
-use the environment to your advantage

For Glory ruins that since Mac doesn't have to use platformers as more of a strategy and the playing field is up to how he fights in his games. Plus let's be frank, the throw and keep away strategy will work but people aren't stupid, Mac may not have the recovery options but that doesn't mean he's broken or useless.

What makes Mac great is that he's the ultimate extreme. High risk, high reward.
He's gonna have matchups where he's dominate (Mario, Lucario,Zelda, Samus, Link, Ike, Palutena and Pac-Man) and matchups where it will never be in his favor(ZSS, Sheik, Yoshi, Diddy, Robin, Marth/Lucina and Wario)

Besides, if anything Mac is balanced for Free for All and platforms and he's a perfect team mate in 2v2. Besides, don't worry about Mac, worry about everyone else including a certain blue hedgehog who has probably ended up more broken and easy access than Mac ever will

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Wario as it is, is the only Auto K.O. punch lil mac can pull off in the cast from throw. So I wouldn't say "never" in his favor, but you bring up solid lil Mac points all around.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
Sheik is even worse, Mac is one of the good characters such as ZZS,Yoshi,Lucario but he ain't Sheik and Rosalina level OP.
This thread isn't about Sheik or Rosalina though lol. And regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Mac is easy to use. You can play almost perfectly with Sheik and still lose because she has weak KO power unless it's ledge guarding or gimps. Lil Mac is very easy to play and gets free kills off his KO punch set ups and strong smashes with super armor. He's a strong character that has strong tools and is easy to use.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
This thread isn't about Sheik or Rosalina though lol. And regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Mac is easy to use. You can play almost perfectly with Sheik and still lose because she has weak KO power unless it's ledge guarding or gimps. Lil Mac is very easy to play and gets free kills off his KO punch set ups and strong smashes with super armor. He's a strong character that has strong tools and is easy to use.
I know what the thread is about, you called him OP when despite all these OP advantages he still pales incomparican to Sheik who can combo anything out of any throw, easily used needles which are insane in this game, she definitely has killing power especially when she has easy combo's anyone can pick up and pull off successfully. Like Rosalina Sheik doesn't really have glaring match ups unlike Mac.If Mac is OP then the person you main is on a whole different level, you can play perfectly with Mac but lose to Dedede or something see this can go both ways.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
I know what the thread is about, you called him OP when despite all these OP advantages he still pales incomparican to Sheik who can combo anything out of any throw, easily used needles which are insane in this game, she definitely has killing power especially when she has easy combo's anyone can pick up and pull off successfully. Like Rosalina Sheik doesn't really have glaring match ups unlike Mac.If Mac is OP then the person you main is on a whole different level, you can play perfectly with Mac but lose to Dedede or something see this can go both ways.
I said they gave him OP mechanics. Super Armor on Smashes, c'mon. And his smashes are speedy. KO Punch pretty much guarantees a free win if you get the first kill because your KO punch will be up before you die (unless you get gimped). He is the only character in the game with a comeback mechanic. On top of that, in every other game the come back mechanics are meant for the loser to have a chance at coming back, and/or they have a meter bar for when you are aggressive. KO Punch fills up if he is doing damage AND when he gets hit. So a good Lil Mac will get an average of 1-2 KO punches per match (based off 2 stock games). He can win with one button. That is an overpowered mechanic. And again, this thread is not about Sheik, it is about Lil Mac. There can be more than one OP character and more than one OP mechanic, so continuing to talk about Sheik doesn't really prove anything because the question that this thread is asking is if Lil Mac is OP, not how he compares to other fighters.

I do not think Lil Mac is the best in the game, he just has some pretty big pros that no one else in the cast has and in the hands of a good player will dominate.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I said they gave him OP mechanics. Super Armor on Smashes, c'mon. And his smashes are speedy.
F-Smash requires proper spacing or else he'll completely miss, only his down smash is a problem for people who can't handle him.
KO Punch pretty much guarantees a free win if you get the first kill because your KO punch will be up before you die (unless you get gimped).
Or if your good enough get a hit on him then he loses it. There's times where the K.O punch doesn't actually K.O.
He is the only character in the game with a comeback mechanic. On top of that, in every other game the come back mechanics are meant for the loser to have a chance at coming back, and/or they have a meter bar for when you are aggressive. KO Punch fills up if he is doing damage AND when he gets hit. So a good Lil Mac will get an average of 1-2 KO punches per match (based off 2 stock games). He can win with one button.
If you get caught by K.O punches then its your own damn fault, its got somewhat short range after a few seconds he loses it after taking one hit.
That is an overpowered mechanic. And again, this thread is not about Sheik, it is about Lil Mac. There can be more than one OP character and more than one OP mechanic, so continuing to talk about Sheik doesn't really prove anything because the question that this thread is asking is if Lil Mac is OP, not how he compares to other fighters.
And again i know this thread isn't about Sheik, but i'm simply saying if you put Mac is an OP character than Sheik is a step above that i just find it ironic how you call Mac OP when you use someone like Sheik a lot(i think). From now on mac is OP so Sheik and Rosalina are BROKEN, cheers. :)
I do not think Lil Mac is the best in the game, he just has some pretty big pros that no one else in the cast has and in the hands of a good player will dominate.
yet you call him OP. lol i'm done.

Metaler

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-9189-6727
Let me say this

Little Mac is probably the best designed Smash character since Olimar in equipping his playstyle from their games.

What makes Mac special is that he is boxer and one thing that people forget is that boxer don't jusmp around attacking. That's why Mac has terrible air game, to compensate you give him that power on the ground and he's more reministic of Snake in Brawl where he was a force of the ground. Super Armor is to give him a chance to not get knocked around easily.

Best way to play Mac is actually play him like a Punch Out game.

-Be patient and defensive
-Strike when necessary
-punish when there's an opening
-use the environment to your advantage

For Glory ruins that since Mac doesn't have to use platformers as more of a strategy and the playing field is up to how he fights in his games. Plus let's be frank, the throw and keep away strategy will work but people aren't stupid, Mac may not have the recovery options but that doesn't mean he's broken or useless.

What makes Mac great is that he's the ultimate extreme. High risk, high reward.
He's gonna have matchups where he's dominate (Mario, Lucario,Zelda, Samus, Link, Ike, Palutena and Pac-Man) and matchups where it will never be in his favor(ZSS, Sheik, Yoshi, Diddy, Robin, Marth/Lucina and Wario)

Besides, if anything Mac is balanced for Free for All and platforms and he's a perfect team mate in 2v2. Besides, don't worry about Mac, worry about everyone else including a certain blue hedgehog who has probably ended up more broken and easy access than Mac ever will
This! I thought I was the only one who saw him like this! I completely agree. If you're gonna play Mac, you gotta be Zen. Be chill. Sit back and wait. Y'know how Taoists tell you to chill out and "be like water"? "Let go" and all that stuff? That's how it is. That's Mac right there. Mac is chill. He's the chilliest dude in all of Smash, period. He waits like a monk. He strikes like a lion. He's just chillin there at his own, so you go and attack him. Next thing you know, he dodged your move and your character's already flying out of this screen on his way to land on Betelgeuse. That's how Mac plays. It's a waiting game. It's a stand-off. It's boxing. You ever watch a boxing match? Oh, no? Well, you ever play Punch Out? Ah, damn, no?

Well... Well, you still know what I mean. Imagine two muchahos, their guns pointed at each other's heads. They glare at each other with the intensity of a one thousand meteors. Sparks fly everywhere. They wait. And this wait makes them stronger.

That's how Mac plays. That's how his game works. That's how it's been working since 1984 or whatever. That's how 80s kids played Punch Out. That's how we play Smash as him. Beautiful, isn't it? It is. I could compose a poem for him... But, alas, my poetic skills are on par with a drunk 15-year-old attempting horseback riding just to impress his girlfriend who's most likely going to break up with him come New Year's Eve and... Wait, where was I going with this? Oh, right. I suck at poetry. But Mac rules.

But here's the thing. This is it. THIS, the thing I'm about to tell you now, is what is blows my mind about him. There is ONE thing about this pint-sized boxer that's so amazingly mindblowing, you might just need to get that reserve brain you got outta the closet. Pull your pants up, gents. I'm about to blow your mind. You ready?

When playing against Mac...
*drum roll*
You also gotta play like it's Punch Out.

"Don't be silly, you damn wanna-be-female-feline," you protest as you reach for another gulp of your delicious Czech beer, "didn't you JUST say you gotta play Mac like you play Punch Out? What's this now? You going back on your word?!"

Now, now, let me just finish. I understand your impatience. I do, really! But here's the thing: yes, you gotta play him like it's Punch Out... But imagine yourself as one of his opponents in the game. Remember Mike Tyson's Punch Out on the NES? Or Mr. Sandman in the Wii version? Remember how unbelievably tough that was? Hell, remember ALL the tough opponents from those games? They were unpredictable. They patterns were erratic, hard to figure out. Dodging their moves was so hard you might as well just pray Mac's got enough stamina to win the match without having his jawline shattered like that dragon from the third episode of Madan no Ou to Vanadis... Wait, you haven't seen that? Dammit. Well, you can imagine what it's like to get your chin busted.

But that's the thing. You gotta play like you're a Punch Out boss. Be erratic enough that Mac can't figure you out. Just when he thinks he's got you figured out and throws a punch at you, you dodge and punish him. Punish him the same way Katja "punished" the girls of her harem in Seikon no Qwaser... *gets a tomato thrown at him* Okay, maybe I should quit with these obscure pop culture references *gets another thrown at him, hitting him straight in the face*... Okay... not-so-pop culture.

But that's how it is. You can say Mac is OP... But damn, boy, you just gotta be a boss. That's all there is to it. It's not easy, not at all. But that's the best way to play against him. You gotta be Mr. Sandman. You gotta be all the tough bosses in those games.

"But Metaler, I beat that game many times already!"

...............The human psyche is not made of steel.

"Because it's a formless entity and not a concrete object?"

............Yes. Yes, that's it. But you did get what I meant, yes? I hope so. And if you didn't... Well.... I guess I gotta stop being a scrub.

Shog

Smash Ace
Even if Little Mac isn't OP, the fights with him are boring. I mean what is entertaining about playing a boring waiting and gimping game? Ugh. There is a reason i block people online who play him, no matter if I win or if I lose.

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
Even if Little Mac isn't OP, the fights with him are boring. I mean what is entertaining about playing a boring waiting and gimping game? Ugh. There is a reason i block people online who play him, no matter if I win or if I lose.
What's stopping you from just not doing that? Mac isn't the one forcing you to wait. You're choosing to do that yourself. He's a little different than other annoying playstyles like say...Keep away characters. Where you literally are forced to jump through hoops just to get close enough to hit them and then repeat the process over and over again until they die. Since Mac has to get close, there's hundreds of ways you can fight him, but you just choose to use the most boring way and then blame Mac.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
What's stopping you from just not doing that? Since Mac has to get close, there's hundreds of ways you can fight him, but you just choose to use the most boring way and then blame Mac.

Lol, I think you have no idea what you are talking about, because most Little Mac player attack once with lagless ground moves and roll back. Furthermore, Little Mac thanks to his superior ground game has only his ground game approach, which naturally limits his gameplay style. As a Charizard nearly all my attack are useless expect maybe spacing tilits, godly Nair Flamethrower Rock Smash and of course the grabs. If being limited to so ""much"" attacks isn't boring for you, well, good for you.

Btw thanks for this **** designed character I and others are arguing in the first place. But of course we are all noobs and playing for fun is stupid yadda yadda. I see no point in arguing, because arguing in the first place shows how stupid it really is.

Top Bottom