• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Whoa, lots of new music!

Totally wasn't expecting the BotW 2017 Trailer Theme to be a new arrangement. I think this is the first time Smash has remixed a song that didn't originate in a game?

A new arrangement of Figure-8 Circuit would make perfect sense, given that they've been making an effort to remix each stage's main theme (though, part of me hopes its actually a remix of the circuit theme from Double Dash!)

Glad that Snakey Chantey is confirmed as a new remix! It sounds good, but its not quite what I expected/wanted - I was expecting something in a more rock & roll/boogie woogie style. Then again, we've only heard a short snippet of it.
Also, porting "Ice Cave Chant" and "Funky's Fugue" is very strange to me. I'd honestly rather see two Tropical Freeze ports instead

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whoa, lots of new music!

Totally wasn't expecting the BotW 2017 Trailer Theme to be a new arrangement. I think this is the first time Smash has remixed a song that didn't originate in a game?

A new arrangement of Figure-8 Circuit would make perfect sense, given that they've been making an effort to remix each stage's main theme (though, part of me hopes its actually a remix of the circuit theme from Double Dash!)

Glad that Snakey Chantey is confirmed as a new remix! It sounds good, but its not quite what I expected/wanted - I was expecting something in a more rock & roll/boogie woogie style. Then again, we've only heard a short snippet of it.
Also, porting "Ice Cave Chant" and "Funky's Fugue" is very strange to me. I'd honestly rather see two Tropical Freeze ports instead
Given Lord Frederik is a spirit I think we will get at least one new TF rip. Either Frederik's boss theme or Homecoming Hijinx. Spirit battle will probably be Kongo Falls with ice particle effects.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
Oh, that was from Spirits mode? I didn’t notice at first. Sorry, nevermind then.
This is another part of why I wish we just had the option to use any song on any stage, since it seems like Classic mode and Spirit Battles forego the normal music rules in favor of just whatever's fitting who you're fighting. :p

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Wow, there's been a lot of song discoveries lately.

I'm really happy that VS Zinnia and Robobot Kirby are in, they were my most wanted songs from their series.

I'm also happy to see DK songs that aren't Jungle Level remixes, even if it seems most of them are ports.

This game's soundtrack is going to be amazing, the only thing left for me to call it perfect is some sweet new Mother remixes.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, there's been a lot of song discoveries lately.

I'm really happy that VS Zinnia and Robobot Kirby are in, they were my most wanted songs from their series.

I'm also happy to see DK songs that aren't Jungle Level remixes, even if it seems most of them are ports.

This game's soundtrack is going to be amazing, the only thing left for me to call it perfect is some sweet new Mother remixes.
DK music is just plain amazing, so anything that we can get is still going to be great either way. Snakey Chantey being confirmed gives me hope for other non-DKC1 music. Ice Cave Chant and Funky's Fugue give me hope for more rips. I also think its extremely likely that at least Crocodile Cacophany (remix or rip) and either Homecoming Hijinx or Volcano Dome are in (because of the Kaptain K. Rool and Lord Frederik spirits).

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Galleom's theme is the Melee theme Boss Battles mix instead of Boss Battle 1 from Subspace... seriously? And the fact that R.O.B.'s Classic Mode boss is Galleom instead of Tabuu makes me skeptical of Tabuu being back...

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Galleom's theme is the Melee theme Boss Battles mix instead of Boss Battle 1 from Subspace... seriously? And the fact that R.O.B.'s Classic Mode boss is Galleom instead of Tabuu makes me skeptical of Tabuu being back...
ROB's Classic Mode isn't based on the Subspace, it's characters who don't have facial expressions, like Meta Knight

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tabuu doesn't make sense for a Classic Mode boss. That's more fitting for a late boss in World of Light.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Based on general gameplay videos I've seen, I think other bosses beyond master hand can appear in Classic. That said, I really hope boss battles-1 From Brawl returns

Also, I looked up "Yoshi's Tale" because I wondered if it was like keeping the japanese name or something. It turns out that on a soundtrack or two, that's actually what the ending theme to yoshi's story is labelled as, which seems to be going with the attempts to more accurately name music (In a way, I think it's similar to how, while the name "bramble scramble" described it's first level of use when the song got used for brawl, the song has now gone to the official DKC2 soundtrack name of stickerbrush symphony). That said, so far I'm not 100% of any case where the level name/descriptor for original use in game is still used in place of official soundtrack names so far.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Actually we only just got our first batch of new ripped DK music. The new remixes outnumbers the rips (4 to 2) so far.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOB346hSGuM

Rip entry 0:03
Chu Li stage type B 2:54
Monkey watch 3:04
Super Mario 64 Theme 5:19 (This seems the original version)
Hail from the past 10:58
Time to fight! - Xenoblade Chronicles 11:49
Battle (Wild Pokémon) - Pokémon XY 12:22
This video isn't working for me. Weird.

Is "Hail from the Past" a new remix or a port? What about Rip Entry?

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
New song, The Starship Sails from Mario Galaxy 2 @ 6:22
Not sure if this is a remix or not, I haven't played the game in a while.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Galaxy songs really don't need any remixes IMO. I appreciate the ones we got last game but none of them were better than their originals.
I'm just glad we're getting a few more from the sequel this time around!

Also any concerns or worries I've had about this soundtrack overall have completely dissapated!

This truly is going to be the best of the bunch music wise!

And this isn't even taking into account the sets of songs we'll get post game!

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
Yoooo I'm loving that they remixed the BoTW E3 theme, it's so great. I really like the new music additions for most series, especially Moonstruck Blossom. But who's choosing the Pokemon tracks? Why did X/Y wild battle get in :(

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Only element I would be truly bummed about is zero Sonic remixes again, which said dream is looking more and more dead as we approach release.

Makes me wonder why SEGA wouldn't allow for any at all, but then again it could be another franchise where is was incredibly expensive to obtain the rights to use each and every song.

Guess there is a difference between hiring composers from another company and working out negotiations in getting permission to make new arrangements from said other company.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Only element I would be truly bummed about is zero Sonic remixes again, which said dream is looking more and more dead as we approach release.

Makes me wonder why SEGA wouldn't allow for any at all, but then again it could be another franchise where is was incredibly expensive to obtain the rights to use each and every song.

Guess there is a difference between hiring composers from another company and working out negotiations in getting permission to make new arrangements from said other company.
Again, i recall that most of the genesis tracks are locked down, and I guess the vocal tracks might be kinda complicated to get lyrical remixes for.

That said, I feel like the rights of Mania or stage music for modern sonic games really can't be that hard to grab; at that point I just sorta figure the composers simply don't see value in remixing those (or in the case of mania, as a third party game, it might be too recent for composers on a nintendo project to work with). Still, I really feel like a remix of emerald coast/speed highway or seaside hill would make sense: they've been around long enough to be established tracks, no vocals to tie them down, iconic, some of the first Sonic games on Nintendo. Maybe City escape has slight issues with rights, but those other two seem like good candidates.

Last edited:

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Are yall sure Ice Cave Chant is a port? It sounds like a very faithful recreation to me, but definitely not the SNES version.

Top Bottom