• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Today's music day boys!
As usual, I'll be hoping for Xenoblade music. There's been no real pattern to these updates, other than they seem to be shying away from bigger franchises such as Mario and Pokemon, or even Fire Emblem, which has three new confirmed remixes. This makes me hopeful that underrepresented franchises can get more songs this time, considering how skewed it was in the last game.

For reference:

:ultmario: - 20 Remixes
:ulttoonlink: - 8 Remixes
:ultpikachu: - 8 Remixes
:ultkirby: - 6 Remixes
:ultvillager: - 6 Remixes
:ultmegaman: - 6 Remixes
:ultmarth:- 5 Remixes (1 through DLC)
:ultdk: - 4 Remixes
:ultpit: - 4 Remixes
:ultness: - 3 Remixes
:ultwiifittrainer: - 3 Remixes
:ultpacman: - 3 Remixes
:ultsamus: - 2 Remixes (An actual tragedy for such a popular franchise)
:ultfox: - 2 Remixes
:ultyoshi: - 2 Remixes
:ultolimar: - 2 Remixes
:ultlittlemac: - 2 Remixes
:ultryu: - 2 Remixes
:ultbayonetta: - 2 Remixes
:ultfalcon: - 1 Remix
:ultwario: - 1 Remix (JP only)
:ultshulk: - 1 Remix
:ultduckhunt: - 1 Remix

Obviously it's telling when Pokemon and Zelda combined have less remixes than Mario. I'm not sure whether or not we got less remixes than Brawl, but having less remixes per franchise overall would make sense considering how many new franchises we have to represent. My biggest issue just comes from the skewed proportion.
Wow, when you line it up like that it is crazy how heavily SSB4's soundtrack leaned towards the Mario franchise. I think Metroid, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, and EarthBound could all use an increase in the amount of tracks.

I personally don't want any of the Mother songs that already had remixes to get additional ones because I was disappointed with the song selection for the series in Smash 4. Mother only got 3 remixes and only 1 of them (Magicant) was completely new. For Ultimate I'd rather have remixes of different songs from the series.
That's a fair point. The Mother series could definitely use a bit more variety in terms of music - I feel like its missing a battle theme, they are a pretty iconic part of EarthBound's soundtrack. Pokey Means Business, Hippie Battle, Sanctuary Guardian, or even a big medley of a bunch of its quirky battle themes would be fantastic.

When I think of the best themes from Smash 4 I always think of the new songs we got, like the Mario World boss theme done by the Xenoblade composers or the Fire Emblem Gaiden remixes. The most iconic songs are always overexposed in the public, so unless you want to do something much different it won't have an effect on us, and instead ruins perfectly good tracks such as putting the underground theme and the starman theme in the Good Egg Galaxy remix when the rest of it sounded fine.
Yeah, I feel like that was the biggest fault with SSB4's music selection. As others have said, it really doesn't need 7-8 variations of Jungle Hijinx.

As for shoehorning old themes into a new remixes, I'm personally okay with it, only if its subtle. The Good Egg Galaxy arrangement would have been fine with just the Ground Theme intro leading up to the chorus IMO - I think its a nice touch. But the Underground and Starman themes were definitely overkill.
I think some better examples of this is how Mother's Eight Melodies were incorporated into the Smiles and Tears remix, or the sneaky reference to the Light Plane theme in the Turbo Jet remix.

But overall I agree with you, the most standout songs from SSB4 are the ones that felt completely new. Bob-Omb Battlefield, The Great Sea, Comet Observatory, Forest / Nature Area, Mario Paint Medley, Kapp'n's Song, etc. Which is why I'm so excited that we already have so much more of this for Ultimate's soundtrack.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That's a fair point. The Mother series could definitely use a bit more variety in terms of music - I feel like its missing a battle theme, they are a pretty iconic part of EarthBound's soundtrack. Pokey Means Business, Hippie Battle, Sanctuary Guardian, or even a big medley of a bunch of its quirky battle themes would be fantastic.
EarthBound's battle themes are so weird and trippy which makes me very interested to see how they'd adapt them for a game like Smash Bros. Since most of them are fairly short, I could see them making a medley of themes, maybe using synth to modernize a lot of the funny sounds from the original songs.

The quirky nature of the Mother 2 battle themes is why I think they opted to go for non-battle themes, and the only battle themes we got were from Mother 3 which had a much more conventional soundtrack.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel that with Smash 4 they tried so hard to make sure that the most iconic and main themes for series got represented first. For example, around 40% of the Mario music had some variation of the original and underground theme and we had 2 remixes of the Zelda main theme which I feel wasn't necessary when Brawl already had a good rendition. It goes further, with almost every new Donkey Kong song being a remix of the DKC theme and not having any original Metroid or Star Fox tracks.

When I think of the best themes from Smash 4 I always think of the new songs we got, like the Mario World boss theme done by the Xenoblade composers or the Fire Emblem Gaiden remixes. The most iconic songs are always overexposed in the public, so unless you want to do something much different it won't have an effect on us, and instead ruins perfectly good tracks such as putting the underground theme and the starman theme in the Good Egg Galaxy remix when the rest of it sounded fine.
Funny enough I actually really dislike the Gaiden Fight 1 remix. Honestly every single other version of it is better IMO, especially Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s and all three versions from SoV. It was just so disappointing due to how much energy was lost in the remix.

Though that's getting somewhat off topic, so I'll stop. :p

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Funny enough I actually really dislike the Gaiden Fight 1 remix. Honestly every single other version of it is better IMO, especially Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.'s and all three versions from SoV. It was just so disappointing due to how much energy was lost in the remix.

Though that's getting somewhat off topic, so I'll stop. :p
I've only listened to the Smash 4 variation and the original, so I don't know for sure if it really was the best version. The actual fight theme wasn't that stellar, but I really liked the latter half of the song. I'm not sure what themes are mixed in but it sounds pretty good.

theres now a galaga medley on the website now
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html
If the Pac Maze stage from 3DS returns this should definitely play there. I'm glad we're getting actual remixes of Namco songs instead of rips from 30 year old arcade games mashed together.

Last edited:

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Galaga remix is dope.

Probably obvious, but the medley consists of the main opening theme, followed by the Ship Captured music.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Totally wasn't expecting a Galaga medley - I love it so much!!
Again, quite a different style from a lot of past Smash remixes.

The intro is so cool, an echoey version of the original arcade theme that swells into a glitchy remix. The re-harmonization of the Intro theme sounds so tasty. I love how various sound effects are spliced in! And the Ship Captured part sounds so cool, I like how they switch up the rhythm and bassline!

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Been a while since I last posted in this website overall but man this OST is sounding better and better with every passing week!

This was another very pleasant surprise and so glad Yusuke Takahama is back since I dug his past works such as Shadow Man Stage, Athletic/Ground Theme, and of course X Tunnel Scene!

While they are amassing quite the line up of extremely talented Japanese composers, can't help but feel more and more doubtful that they reached out to any western composers to contribute.

Still holding out hope for the coming days, it's just becoming harder and harder to predict.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Been a while since I last posted in this website overall but man this OST is sounding better and better with every passing week!

This was another very pleasant surprise and so glad Yusuke Takahama is back since I dug his past works such as Shadow Man Stage, Athletic/Ground Theme, and of course X Tunnel Scene!

While they are amassing quite the line up of extremely talented Japanese composers, can't help but feel more and more doubtful that they reached out to any western composers to contribute.

Still holding out hope for the coming days, it's just becoming harder and harder to predict.
Takahama has certainly contributed more than just a few noteworthy arrangements. He definitely has a distinct style to his remixes too.

I'm not too sure on the likelihood of western composers either. But oh man, it would be a dream come true to have someone like David Wise join the lineup of Smash composers. He's one of my all-time favourite composers! I'd love to hear what he would do with a Mario or Zelda song. He really has a knack for atmospheric themes, imagine his take on Dire Dire Docks, or the BOTW Shrine Theme, or something from Metroid? It would be fantastic.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Ultimate's music has a such a brawl-esque groundbreaking soundtrack and hype to them compared to smash 4. There has not been one track imo that has been underwhelming. And some of my favorites have returned so far as well (Destroyed Skyworld).

Can't wait to hear the final soundtrack.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Alright, so this isn’t EXACTLY “confirmed”, but while they were setting up for the EVO exhibition, I noticed a new Kirby’s Adventure medley playing during the wait screen. It seems like this might be an early look at a new track!

I was able to find a snippet of a Twitch clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/RichSnappyCarabeefKappaRoss

(Not mine, found it on Reddit)

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so this isn’t EXACTLY “confirmed”, but while they were setting up for the EVO exhibition, I noticed a new Kirby’s Adventure medley playing during the wait screen. It seems like this might be an early look at a new track!

Actually that is the exact one from Smash 4.

Butter Building Ver 2 to be exact.

I recognize the medley and instrumentation.

Superstar Saga

Smash Rookie
One Winged Angel, J•E•N•O•V•A, and all the other good themes better be in.

And Yes I'm salty of One Winged Angel not being in first time around.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

Actually that is the exact one from Smash 4.

Butter Building Ver 2 to be exact.

I recognize the medley and instrumentation.
Darn, had my hopes up for split second thinking we got a sneak peak at a new song! Oh well, its good to know that Butter Building Ver. 2 is (most likely) returning.

Space Armada from Star Fox is returning.

Confirmed in the EVO Smash Ultimate stream. Tempo vs Panda Global on Lylat Cruise.
Thanks for the heads up!

I appreciate everyone who posts these music discoveries; I have been a bit busy lately and don't have a lot of time to watch these Smash streams and events myself. If anyone else hears a song that isn't listed in the OP, please let me know, it would be a huge help!!

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Do we know for sure that the music for the breaks wasn't just the EVO staff playing stock music from Smash 4?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do we know for sure that the music for the breaks wasn't just the EVO staff playing stock music from Smash 4?
in the past its been music from the games theyre showing, and for the most part most of the songs they played were heard else where only the original version of splattack at that other splatoon song (forgotten which it was) werent heard else where i think

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
IT'S MUSIC DAY BOYS!!!

Once again, I'm hoping for a Xenoblade track
I hope you get your wish, if not today maybe tomorrow - I'm sure the Direct will confirm a good handful of new tracks! I can't wait!

Myself, I think its time we hear some new EarthBound music.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I hope you get your wish, if not today maybe tomorrow - I'm sure the Direct will confirm a good handful of new tracks! I can't wait!

Myself, I think its time we hear some new EarthBound music.
You've got some patrician taste there. I'd kill for new EarthBound music, we barely got any in Smash 4.

Gloyd

Smash Rookie
The music sure is late today, maybe their planning to hold off another song release until tomorrow to coincide with a new character reveal in the direct? (maybe its a third party?)
Or maybe its just late lol

Gloyd

Smash Rookie
I'm about to panic over freaking Smash music

EDIT: It's a bloody tears remix, Simon Belmont confirmed for Smash!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APSRqnT8hvo
loooool dont spoil it some people dont know yet XD jk i think everyone knows now - also its mashed up with 'monster dance' i think
But yeah looks like castlevania is getting some representation whether its simon (most likely) trevor or alucard remains to be seen

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Just... wow. I'm gonna need some help identifying all of those songs played or shown in the direct haha

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Damn we got a lot of tracks today!

Vampire Killer - Castlevania
Opposing Bloodlines - Rondo of Blood
Parasite Queen - Metroid Prime
Ganplank Galleon - Donkey Kong Country
Opening Stage - Mega Man X

and so much more!

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Guys I'm not sure if we're getting any new Final Fantasy music
sad.PNG

Above all the series' musics is the total time of all the songs, and for FFVII it's only 3:28, which is enough for about 2 songs, the same as in Wii U.

King Zekrom

Smash Apprentice
PixelPasta PixelPasta We got a Sun/Moon Trainer battle remix during the 'Pokemon' section.

Also, we're getting the Breath of the Wild Trailer Theme (2017), which is rad seeing as it wasn't eve in the game.

Last edited:

Slug King

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlugKing
The items section of the direct shows that the Bonus Room Blitz track also becomes the DKC Map theme in the later half

SamsonRules2020

Smash Rookie
I'd just like to note, from the most recent direct, They confirmed that, Calamari Inkantation, and Ink or Sink will be songs avalible for the stage Moray Towers. Also confirming that Bomb Rush Blush is for that stage as well, as well as confirming there are 23 total songs that will be avalible on the stage Moray Towers.
At the top of the menu you see it says 23 songs. Id also like to point out. On each song, some of them seem to have little red spots in the top right corner. I'd speculate that these are songs that are remixed (as it says remix right next to it on the splatattack song). Seeing as we've heard a remixed version of splattack in multiple trailer videos, and we know that bomb rush blush is remixed.

Link to the clip in the video here:
https://youtu.be/P-kQWJrjRV4?t=13m7s

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well that is disappointing
ouch... thats disappointing. the saddest part is i'm 100% confident is not sakurai's or nintendo fault... and i even suspect it may not be Square enix fault... not at least the Gaming department of square enix. probably licenssing Final Fantasy Music for smash is being a hell?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to note, from the most recent direct, They confirmed that, Calamari Inkantation, and Ink or Sink will be songs avalible for the stage Moray Towers. Also confirming that Bomb Rush Blush is for that stage as well, as well as confirming there are 23 total songs that will be avalible on the stage Moray Towers.
At the top of the menu you see it says 23 songs. Id also like to point out. On each song, some of them seem to have little red spots in the top right corner. I'd speculate that these are songs that are remixed (as it says remix right next to it on the splatattack song). Seeing as we've heard a remixed version of splattack in multiple trailer videos, and we know that bomb rush blush is remixed.

I also notice that when they were showing off the Sound Test aswell:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-kQWJrjRV4&feature=youtu.be&t=14m14s

Actually, along with there being tracks marked with red, there were plenty tracks marked with blue which all seems to be returning remixes (though strangely the Wrecking Crew Retro Medley wasn't marked).

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Seeing how few red songs we have, I'm concerned we'll be getting fewer new remixes than in past games

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I don't need a ton of remixes with all of the good returning music. Plus, there's already dozens of confirmed new tracks. Color me excited!

Top Bottom