• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Slug King

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlugKing
while FF is confirmed 2 tracks.... at least street fighter seems to have friggin 36!
Likewise, with the other series not mentioned that they skimmed over:

Star Fox - 17 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Game and Watch - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Wii Fit - 10 total (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Sonic - 20 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Bayonetta - 11 total (same as Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4)
EDIT: Forgot some!
Metroid - 25 total (up from 17 in Smash 4)
Yoshi - 14 total (up from 12 in Smash 4)
Kirby - 39 total (up from 31 in Smash 4)

The Street Fighter boost seems crazy, and it sucks seeing Final Fantasy get shafted like that, unless they're hiding tracks from us.

I'm wondering if they consider ones like Galaga Medley as part of the "Pac-Man" franchise or if there's legit 10 more tracks just related to him

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Likewise, with the other series not mentioned that they skimmed over:

Star Fox - 17 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Game and Watch - 2 total (same as Smash 4)
Wii Fit - 10 total (up from 6 in Smash 4)
Sonic - 20 total (up from 14 in Smash 4)
Bayonetta - 11 total (same as Smash 4)
Pac-Man - 13 total (up from 3 in Smash 4)

The Street Fighter boost seems crazy, and it sucks seeing Final Fantasy get shafted like that, unless they're hiding tracks from us.

I'm wondering if they consider ones like Galaga Medley as part of the "Pac-Man" franchise or if there's legit 10 more tracks just related to him
theres a thought did they say we'd have all tracks from the start? are there still cds

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
ALRIGHTY, so I actually ran over to a Starbucks on my lunch break to use the Wi-fi specifically to watch the direct today.
Now that I'm home from work I can finally write up my thoughts on the direct, music-wise!
  1. We were right in our predictions that Ultimate's soundtrack would be bigger than ever. 800+ tracks is ridiculous, dwarfing SSB4's soundtrack which had around 450 songs if I remember correctly - and SSB4 already had quite the formidable soundtrack. Ultimate's soundtrack is going to be colossal, seriously an impressive achievement. Considering its massive scope as well as the calibre of arrangements we've heard so far, this could very well be one of the greatest video game soundtracks of all time.
  2. Including Simon Belmont makes me happy, even just for the music alone! The Castlevania series has an excellent soundtrack and its good to see that the music team are giving it so much love.
  3. The Bloody Tears remix is awesome, and I'm so glad to see that Maki Kirioka has returned - she has only made a few arrangements for Smash but (in my opinion) they are some of the absolute best, such as Bramble Blast and the Ocarina of Time Medley!
  4. Id (Purpose) definitely seems to be a new remix, based on the longer version we hear during Chrom's reveal.
  5. New Brinstar Depths remix is amazing, I love the blend of electric guitars and violins.
  6. I love how the New Donk City stage has music as a central focus, allowing you to gather up the band members and gradually build up the background track!
  7. My Music is now grouped based on series - I was a tad bummed out at first, because I think there was always something charming about each stage having its own unique soundtrack, but since they have over one hundred stages I understand why they did it. Now that I think about it, I'm going to have a lot of fun making my own soundtrack for each stage! I'm going to choose songs based on what I think fits each stage and try to make each one have a unique selection.
  8. My prediction that the Bonus Room Blitz remix was going to be a revamped medley with Simian Segue was correct! It sounds great, probably one of my favourite of the new remixes so far!
  9. The new Duck Hunt Title Theme remix is indeed another medley. Makes me wonder what other snippets of songs will turn out to be medleys.
  10. The new Wrecking Crew medley is deliciously jazzy!
  11. MEGA MAN X MUSIC, YES! Here's hoping we get Storm Eagle or Spark Mandrill too!
  12. Shovel Knight assist trophy... I wonder if we will get a remix of "Strike the Earth?"
This direct was a treasure trove of music!

Slug King

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlugKing
Could the "Area 1-5 Torrid Zone" be the Magmoor Caverns theme as it appears in Samus Returns? It would seem to suggest such as the track that's linked for it currently is much more atmospheric and the name references a hot zone. The 1-5 is ambiguous, as it could just be referencing room(s) in Area 1 or mean Areas 1 through 5.

Looking over the Samus Returns maps, I'm pretty sure this is it. Areas 6 and 7 don't have red rooms that this song plays in.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Alright, I've gone through the direct and made a massive update to the OP!

This direct confirmed a truckload of older arrangements and ported-over songs, as well as a generous handful of new remixes, including:
-A new arrangement of Gangplank Galleon from Donkey Kong Country
-Vs. Parasite Queen from Metroid Prime
-The Trainer Battle Theme from Pokemon Sun & Moon
-A new Wrecking Crew Medley
-Opening Stage from Mega Man X
-Vampire Killer from Castlevania
-A medley of Bloody Tears and Monster Dance from Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
-Divine Bloodlines from Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

There are still a few songs I need help identifying, however:
-Song during Dracula's Castle showcase
-Song during Dracula's reveal
-Song during Alucard's reveal
-Song from Dark Samus' character trailer (I think this is the new Parasite Queen remix, right?)
-Song from Chrom's character trailer (I know its Id Purpose, but is it the original or the remix? It sounds different than the one in Robin's trailer.)

Also, I'm not going to try to sort the big list of Castlevania songs just yet, as it will be too difficult to determine which one's are new remixes (besides the ones we already know, obviously) and which ones are original... and if original which particular version (many Castlevania songs have multiple renditions in many games). I'm sticking it in an "unconfirmed" section until further notice.

Could the "Area 1-5 Torrid Zone" be the Magmoor Caverns theme as it appears in Samus Returns? It would seem to suggest such as the track that's linked for it currently is much more atmospheric and the name references a hot zone. The 1-5 is ambiguous, as it could just be referencing room(s) in Area 1 or mean Areas 1 through 5.

Looking over the Samus Returns maps, I'm pretty sure this is it. Areas 6 and 7 don't have red rooms that this song plays in.
Yeah, that one was tricky, I definitely had to do some guesswork as I've never played the game. Smash has always been a bit weird with naming some tracks...
I think your guess is better than mine, I'll put it down as the Samus Returns version of Magmoor Caverns until further confirmation.

Last edited:

Slug King

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlugKing
Song during Dracula's reveal is Nothing to Lose, ripped from Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Song during Dracula's Castle showcase is Out of Time, remixed from the original Castlevania
Song during Alucard's reveal is a remix of Dracula's Castle from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (you have the wrong one in OP)
Song from Dark Samus' trailer definitely sounds like the new Parasite Queen remix.
Song from Chrom's trailer sounds like just normal Id Purpose ripped from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Also regarding the two Vampire Killers, the one in the reveal trailer during Simon's showcase (which seems to be the Castlevania Judgment version) is different from the new remix in his site spotlight (which uses a different guitar and 8-bit elements), so I assume these cover the two listed.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Molgera battle is back. It shows it when merging Pirate Ship and Skylofts tracks. It was missing from smash 4, right? This might've already been mentioned

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
dont like that the my music pages are shared between series now
I sort of like it. What I plan to do is basically curate the stage music myself (ie Not have every song play on every stage, but divide them up how I see fit).

That way I can choose which stage a track plays on, and for a music lover such as myself, that's a really cool option.

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
So I'm sorta new to this thread and not 100% sure I'm posting this right, but anyway...

I think something that hasn't really been talked about (from what I looked over) was that music during the rathalos showoff in the trailer. I assume it's monster hunter music, but I can't tell anything like which song/game and if it's a port or not so, might be nice if any monster hunter fan could confirm what it is.

EDIT: Also, there was that seemingly new, a little more "jazzy" for lack of a better word remix of the smash theme during the rules section, and at the end it seemed to have a bit more choir singing then before, may just be me.

Also, I think they mislabeled the wrecking crew medley originating from Smash Wii U as being from brawl

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think something that hasn't really been talked about (from what I looked over) was that music during the rathalos showoff in the trailer. I assume it's monster hunter music, but I can't tell anything like which song/game and if it's a port or not so, might be nice if any monster hunter fan could confirm what it is.
That's the original Rathalos' Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5UKn1SZlEc

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I sort of like it. What I plan to do is basically curate the stage music myself (ie Not have every song play on every stage, but divide them up how I see fit).

That way I can choose which stage a track plays on, and for a music lover such as myself, that's a really cool option.
is that how it works? i thought they all shared the one my music page

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I thought the way they described it was that there would still be a My Music page for each stage, but instead of a set list of songs the stage would have all music from its series available.

ie. Any Zelda stage can use any Zelda song, etc

PixelPasta

Smash Lord

I definitely plan on curating mine similarly; I want to give each song its own distinct and fitting selection of songs. This new change basically lets you create your own soundtrack for each stage, which sounds pretty fun to me.

I thought the way they described it was that there would still be a My Music page for each stage, but instead of a set list of songs the stage would have all music from its series available.

I think this is correct. I hope so, anyway.

So I'm sorta new to this thread and not 100% sure I'm posting this right, but anyway...

Thanks for the catch, I missed this one!

EDIT: Also, there was that seemingly new, a little more "jazzy" for lack of a better word remix of the smash theme during the rules section, and at the end it seemed to have a bit more choir singing then before, may just be me.
I noticed this one too - not sure which mode it is specifically for, so I am not listing it for now. It sounds really cool though.

Also, I think they mislabeled the wrecking crew medley originating from Smash Wii U as being from brawl
Yes they did! Probably just a minor error that will hopefully be corrected in the final game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

hmm may need to watch it again to check but if it works that way id be fine with that

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try and wait it out til we see the final game and not attempt to jump to conclusions about the soundtrack overall.

Let's not forget we still have 17 weeks worth of remix samples until the release so maybe we'll be surprised here and there.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998

Battlefield and Big Battlefield had seperate My Music pages in Smash 4 despite having the same songs, so that's probably how it'll work in Ultimate.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
So apparently even within their own company SE has trouble using old FF tunes for the likes of XIV and XV.

Guess it is incredibly over expensive licensing fees and an immense amount of red tape after all.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
re watched the direct and the wording did sound like its the same song list for each stage of a series rather than the one page or all of them

BrightEmber

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm so grateful to you for compiling this list and keeping it updated! I'll do anything I can to help, though it's likely anything I find will have already been documented, haha. I'm curoius though, where did you find the original Ballad of the Goddess was returning? It wasn't on the list of Zelda songs in the new Direct. Was that list just incomplete, and it was heard in the E3 demo or the like?

(Well, a song called 'Ballad of the Goddess" WAS on the list, but I'm guessing that's the remix that was shown to be returning in the stage transform portion of the direct.)

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm so grateful to you for compiling this list and keeping it updated! I'll do anything I can to help, though it's likely anything I find will have already been documented, haha. I'm curoius though, where did you find the original Ballad of the Goddess was returning? It wasn't on the list of Zelda songs in the new Direct. Was that list just incomplete, and it was heard in the E3 demo or the like?

(Well, a song called 'Ballad of the Goddess" WAS on the list, but I'm guessing that's the remix that was shown to be returning in the stage transform portion of the direct.)
Glad you've found this list useful! I'm happy to see other music fans taking interest in this thread.

The original Ballad of the Goddess actually was from the list of Zelda songs in the direct! Since it was just listed as "Ballad of the Goddess" I think it is referring to the original song and not the remix, because the remix is a medley - its full proper title is "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme." I guess they could have changed the title of the remix, but I don't see why they would do that.

I'm assuming the song list they showed is not complete - its missing a lot of Zelda songs from past Smash games that I highly doubt they would cut (Death Mountain, Dark World, Ocarina of Time Medley), and plus there were some placeholder "dots" at the bottom of the list which I think is meant to indicate that there are still more songs to come.

BrightEmber

Smash Rookie
Glad you've found this list useful! I'm happy to see other music fans taking interest in this thread.

The original Ballad of the Goddess actually was from the list of Zelda songs in the direct! Since it was just listed as "Ballad of the Goddess" I think it is referring to the original song and not the remix, because the remix is a medley - its full proper title is "Ballad of the Goddess / Ghirahim's Theme." I guess they could have changed the title of the remix, but I don't see why they would do that.

I'm assuming the song list they showed is not complete - its missing a lot of Zelda songs from past Smash games that I highly doubt they would cut (Death Mountain, Dark World, Ocarina of Time Medley), and plus there were some placeholder "dots" at the bottom of the list which I think is meant to indicate that there are still more songs to come.
Oh, thanks for the clarification! I'm really hoping that's the case. I'm a sucker for the original, haha.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I was afraid this game was going to be unbalanced musically like Smash 4 was, but seeing as we have a nice variety for the weekly updates and 300 songs more than Smash 4, I'm inclined to believe that we were not shown the final music count for each series. I mean, while some series got really good treatment now (Metroid got like 8 more songs), I find it hard to believe that Yoshi gets only 2 more and Star Fox just 3 more, and Star Fox has a LOT of untapped potential in Smash plus a whole lot of good songs from Star Fox Zero.

I mean, I guess it's very possible I'm just setting myself up for disappointment like I was with Smash 4 (even though what we currently have on the website greatly surpasses it in variety already), but I also gotta wonder where probably like 200+ unconfirmed tracks went to, I sure can't believe they would go just to Mario and Zelda.

Last edited:

Freecs

Smash Cadet
I think the direct had the Tourney mode music. It sounds so much better than any remix of the Smash 4 theme.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Today be music day ladies and gents...I think...it may be tomorrow instead...

Regardless what are you hoping is the new remix update for this week?

Personally holding out for either DK or Sonic myself!

Also find it a bit odd that Bayonetta still has the same amount of music from Wii U, since she would've seemed warranting of new additions.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Hoping we get Xenoblade music today. I'd be down for EarthBound music as well, since EarthBound and Mother 3 have kino soundtracks.

EDIT: I didn't get a Xenoblade track, but the guys doing the Gangplank Galleon remix worked on the music for Xenoblade, which is too amazing for words

This also means that we now have the full version of K. Rool's theme from the trailer. I can't wait to hear someone mash the two parts together.

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I don't think there yet exists a super clean mix of the K rool's trailer music.

Also, Yay for more indecipherable music lyrics! (seriously though, I love that last bit were it starts sounding more "heroic" yet "deseperate")

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Interesting, I never would have guessed that ACE were the arrangers all along!

I wasn't expecting such a heavy emphasis on vocals/rapping either. Definitely seems like they are giving each arranger a lot for freedom, because all the arrangements sound super unique and distinct from one another. My guess is they just tell them which song to arrange and then let them just run with it haha

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
I love dumb lyrics in video game music like that
Probably the main reason I prefer Xenoblade X's soundtrack to 2's

Gloyd

Smash Rookie
This game is going to have the best soundtrack ever theres so much variety
We can expect around 16 more songs before release if the trend continues

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
"this remix even includes a rap!"

Quietest rapping I've ever heard, haha, might not have even noticed had the site not pointed it out. Anyone able to make it out?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Interesting, I never would have guessed that ACE were the arrangers all along!

I wasn't expecting such a heavy emphasis on vocals/rapping either. Definitely seems like they are giving each arranger a lot for freedom, because all the arrangements sound super unique and distinct from one another. My guess is they just tell them which song to arrange and then let them just run with it haha
Yes, I hope that is the case. Or at least say "X and Y are arranging this, can you do something else?". Even though we already heard like 4 or 5 re-remixes of previous songs (This is happening twice with DK even), they're still very good and very unique.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
"this remix even includes a rap!"

Quietest rapping I've ever heard, haha, might not have even noticed had the site not pointed it out. Anyone able to make it out?
Much like with the F-ZERO Medley... the lyrics are completely indecipherable, at least to my ears. I can't even tell if its in English or Japanese...

Also, GameXplain just uploaded a video where they spliced together the version from the website and the version from the Direct! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Jicw_RWNI

Last edited:

BlueDrgn

Smash Cadet
I got a lyrics sheet from a discord friend who only says the lyrics are transcribed by "someone"

"You can do it, whelp.
You can claw 'im, gnaw 'im, stone 'im, beat 'im.
I'll do this with my mind, you just obey ME!
And do you stammer, stammer seein' my claw?
You better star me, steam me, see me, scrub me, feed me my cod.
You ready already, or wheezy oh?
And bestial crushin', easy though.
And total-ly the very top
D N A, now!
You need a shanty, shanty, shanty: a song.
You're an extremely scary regent that conquers us all,
You go "

I can't tell if it's just ears hearing what they want to hear, but I actually could sorta see it.

EDIT: also same friend says it's suppossedly what David Wise sounds like, but I don't think i've ever heard him sing so, ehhhh?

Last edited:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
I got a lyrics sheet from a discord friend who only says the lyrics are transcribed by "someone"

"You can do it, whelp.
You can claw 'im, gnaw 'im, stone 'im, beat 'im.
I'll do this with my mind, you just obey ME!
And do you stammer, stammer seein' my claw?
You better star me, steam me, see me, scrub me, feed me my cod.
You ready already, or wheezy oh?
And bestial crushin', easy though.
And total-ly the very top
D N A, now!
You need a shanty, shanty, shanty: a song.
You're an extremely scary regent that conquers us all,
You go "

I can't tell if it's just ears hearing what they want to hear, but I actually could sorta see it.

EDIT: also same friend says it's suppossedly what David Wise sounds like, but I don't think i've ever heard him sing so, ehhhh?
Well it certainly fits the King, wonder how accurate those are.

Top Bottom