• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Though Smash 4 did have free DLC that came with new music tracks, for what it's worth.

As I've said many times, it'd be nice to get more music from series already represented in the base game, such as Shovel Knight and Arms.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/8/17663992/super-smash-bros-ultimate-soundtrack-songs-list

From this side:

"Sakurai also confirmed that there will be additional songs added to the gigantic track list after launch, with plans to update the soundtrack on a regular basis. Ultimate has the largest number of music available in any Smash Bros. game by far, effectively turning your Switch into the most jam-packed, Nintendo-exclusive iPod ever. You can even make your own playlists, which is probably the most important part."

Edit: What about New Game+ ? Maybe in the chests there?
That article is about the August Direct and yet Sakurai didn't say anything like that in the August Direct...

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I got super excited for a second, but yeah, this is probably just a misinterpreting of the August DIrect's "we're still adding to the soundtrack before release" statement.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As I've said many times, it'd be nice to get more music from series already represented in the base game, such as Shovel Knight and Arms.
It still astonishes me that we don't have a single ARMS song.

Like. Legitimately astonishes me. I would have lost that bet.

KisukeKuchiki

Smash Rookie
Sry for the wrong information then.

Another Question: "What about Mew, I just saw it in a Pokeball, but I didnt get anything."

I was hoping to get a CD or anything like that from mew but welp I didnt get a single thing not even a Milestone

ned_ballad

Smash Apprentice
Are the individual components of the Kirby Retro Medley not selectable?

For some reason I thought I remembered demo footage where Castle Lolo or Float Islands or whatever was on its own. And the songs appear on their own in Spirit battles, complete with a proper name.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet

For some reason I thought I remembered demo footage where Castle Lolo or Float Islands or whatever was on its own. And the songs appear on their own in Spirit battles, complete with a proper name.
To add to this, it seems the 8-bit ground theme for Super Mario Bros 3 is missing as its own theme but the other tracks with on Mario Maker switcher-track are available individually.

Also it seems the trophy gallery music from Melee and Brawl aren't available as menu themes, just available in the sound test.

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
The new remixes in this game are some of the best in Smash ever! I wish there were more (particularly for Kirby, Metal Gear, and Bayonetta, as well as some more variety in the Mario remixes), but the soundtrack is the game is fantastic as is.

This is what I voted for in the poll, though admittedly I haven't listened to all the remixes. It was pretty difficult to narrow it down to ten songs. Would have included Destiny (Ablaze), Id (Purpose), Bloody Tears, the Wild World theme, and Gang-Plank Galleon if I was able to go a bit further.

Fortress Boss (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Termina Field
Story Trailer Theme (Breath of the Wild)
Brinstar Depths
F-Zero Medley
Battle! Trainer (Sun and Moon)
Title Theme (Happy Home Designer)
Afternoon on the Island
Divine Bloodlines
Snake Eater

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Wanted to mention I am eagerly anticipating your video review for Ultimate's OST overall PixelPasta, since I very much enjoyed your three part analysis of Mario Odyssey's score with just how through and deep rooted it was in focusing on each kingdom!

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Noticed a few days ago that people were speculating that 876 is the max number of tracks (pre-DLC, anyways). I hit 876 today, so I guess I've unlocked all music in the base game, unless someone can confirm that there are more.

Odd that there is no milestone (I guess) for not unlocking all music. Didn't past games have a milestone/notice for unlocking all music?

I wonder if, through DLC, the total number of tracks will reach 1000! Should at least come close, assuming they add as much music as series like Castlevania did.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
I'm at 873, not sure what else I need to unlock and I've hit a wall right now
Have you gotten the true ending in World of Light? If you did that already, there are a few other challenges that unlock music like getting a high score with Pac-Man's final smash, KOing a level 9 CPU with Robin's jab flurry, and several on the Classic mode page. Or you may have missed one in a treasure chest.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Have you gotten the true ending in World of Light? If you did that already, there are a few other challenges that unlock music like getting a high score with Pac-Man's final smash, KOing a level 9 CPU with Robin's jab flurry, and several on the Classic mode page. Or you may have missed one in a treasure chest.
I'll do those challenges, thanks

Also anyone else feels like Galeem's theme fits so much better as a Final Destination theme for Ultimate?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'll do those challenges, thanks

Also anyone else feels like Galeem's theme fits so much better as a Final Destination theme for Ultimate?
This theme is just so godlike, and I'm not referring to Galeem itself. It's just so grandiose. The intro, the choir, the calm part a 1:17, how it goes stronger at 1:43...
Personally it's on both FD and BF.

But I have to say that Dharkon's theme is a really good theme for FD as well.

Also, I noticed something interesting, it's that Galeem theme is a rearrangement of the first part of the main theme, while Dharkon theme is based on the second part.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've gotta say that the standard Battlefield and Final Destination themes this time around are pretty underwhelming compared to some of the ones from World of Light.

The Dark Realm is also one of my favorites.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Wait so are you able to play Lifelight or the menu themes on Battlefield or FD because I can't find them on my music?

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I've finally listened to all songs and decided my top 10:

1. Vega Stage
2. Brinstar Depths
3. Battle! Lorekeeper Zinnia
4. Kass's Theme
5. Lament of Innocence
6. Lost Painting
7. Crocodile Cacophony
8. Fortress Boss
9. Divine Bloodlines
10. Snake Man Stage

There's three Castlevania songs and I'm not even a fan of the series. Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said the music team really likes Castlevania, they went all out on the series' remixes.

SmashBasher123

Smash Cadet
I'

I've noticed this too. It's a little silly that the game can play individual parts of a medley but we can't...

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Now that the game has been out for a few weeks, I was wondering if there are any songs you are liking more than you did at first? Could either be songs you were initially disappointed in, or just songs you overlooked and didn't pay much attention to until now.

Although I'm still disappointed overall about the EarthBound remixes in Ultimate, I'm warming up to the new version of Fourside. I definitely think it fits the aesthetic of the stage and is a fun song for battling. Dark Man is another remix I was a bit disappointed in at first, but I've now come to see it as a pretty cool remix!

The Wii Fit Medley and the Yuyuki Medley were two songs I was sleeping on for a while, but I've come to really appreciate them. Same with a lot of the Mega Man songs - at first I was overwhelmed by how many there are, but now that I've spent some time listening to them all I've decided that Bomb Man, Guts Man, Hard Man, Top Man, and Gravity Man are among my favourites!

R O F L

Smash Ace
Now that the game has been out for a few weeks, I was wondering if there are any songs you are liking more than you did at first? Could either be songs you were initially disappointed in, or just songs you overlooked and didn't pay much attention to until now.
Main Theme - Pikmin is the only one so far.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I doubt anybody's checking this thread anymore, but I figured I'd go ahead and add in the three new confirmed remixes!
  • Beneath the Mask
  • I'll Face Myself
  • Aria of the Soul
Any Persona fans have thoughts on the music selection, new arrangements or ports?
I've never played Persona, the only song I'm familiar with is I'll Face Myself, which is a pretty awesome tune so I'm looking forward to hearing the full remix.

EDIT: Beneath the Mask remix is by ACE, as confirmed on Sakurai's Twitter account! And the vocals are a completely new recording by the original singer, Lyn Inaizumi!!

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm still reeling from that Direct...

How about the Spiral Mountain remix... just glorious!

Any DQ fans know the song(s) from the Erdrick & Friends trailer, whether new remixes or from another source? I gotta add them to the thread for the sake of completeness ;)

EDIT: It's on the website. THEY ACTUALLY GOT GRANT TO DO IT. I REPEAT. GRANT KIRKHOPE.

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeQGo6L-kYo This is one of the songs of the trailer. The other one is the Overture of the entire saga of Dragon Quest, but there a lot of symphonic versions of it and I don't know exactly which it is. The real concern is how are they going to depict the Dragon Quest music in the game. Koichi Sugiyama, the composer, is very restricitive about his authorship. While in the games he only allowed to depict the music in MIDI format, he after release the soundtrack by himself performed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphonic Orchestra (in the DQ trailer you can actually see a Copyright mark for Sugiyama and the orchestra). Maybe Nintendo will have to pay a lot of money to use his music or arrange it.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeQGo6L-kYo This is one of the songs of the trailer. The other one is the Overture of the entire saga of Dragon Quest, but there a lot of symphonic versions of it and I don't know exactly which it is. The real concern is how are they going to depict the Dragon Quest music in the game. Koichi Sugiyama, the composer, is very restricitive about his authorship. While in the games he only allowed to depict the music in MIDI format, he after release the soundtrack by himself performed by the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphonic Orchestra (in the DQ trailer you can actually see a Copyright mark for Sugiyama and the orchestra). Maybe Nintendo will have to pay a lot of money to use his music or arrange it.
Hmm, so none of the songs in the trailer were new Smash-exclusives? Dang, I had a bad feeling DQ would end up in the exact same boat as Final Fantasy.

I just did a quick YouTube search and yeah, there are a ton of orchestral versions of the Dragon Quest Overture, its going to be really hard to identify specifically which was used in the trailer. Think we might need to just wait this one out.

I still can't get over this new Spiral Mountain remix, I've been listening to it repeatedly. I can't believe they reached out to Grant Kirkhope to do it! That's honestly huge - he's the first western composer who has ever contributed an arrangement to Smash. Here's an interesting interview about how it happened! The Smash Team clearly recognized that Grant's music was such a huge part of what made BK so special. I hope it paves the way for more overseas collaborations in the future, maybe from David Wise and the like!

Also, I'm sure others have noticed already - the part that starts around 0:36 in the preview incorporates little motifs from a bunch of area themes from Banjo-Kazooie!
In order:
-Treasure Trove Cove
-Freezeezy Peak
-Gruntilda's Lair
-Mayahem Temple
-Rusty Bucket Bay

Finally, I want to remind everyone that the poll is still going, now updated with Spiral Mountain! Please retake it with your current top 10! Spiral Mountain is definitely in my list of favourites!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm going to wait to hear the full version before casting judgement. Half jokingly expect there to be a rap.

But from what we've heard/what we know in terms of how Grant Kirkhope being approached for this (first time Sakurai had ever done so for an "overseas composer") and what it meant to Grant personally (plus the crippling nostalgia of all of this being possible in the first place), it's nigh impossible to not have this in my favorites for any game, not just Smash specifically.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm going to wait to hear the full version before casting judgement. Half jokingly expect there to be a rap.

But from what we've heard/what we know in terms of how Grant Kirkhope being approached for this (first time Sakurai had ever done so for an "overseas composer") and what it meant to Grant personally (plus the crippling nostalgia of all of this being possible in the first place), it's nigh impossible to not have this in my favorites for any game, not just Smash specifically.
Its huge. Having Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, complete with a remix of Spiral Mountain by the Grant Kirkhope - what more could you ask for?

So, assuming the other DLC packs will follow the same music pattern as Joker (3 remixes, 8 ports), what would be everyone's picks for the remaining Banjo-Kazooie songs?

I'd go for:
Opening Title - Banjo-Kazooie [REMIX]
Gruntilda's Lair - Banjo-Kazooie [REMIX]
Mumbo's Mountain - Banjo-Kazooie
Click Clock Wood - Banjo-Kazooie
Final Battle - Banjo-Kazooie
Isle o' Hags - Banjo-Tooie
Glittergulch Mine - Banjo-Tooie
Final Battle - Banjo-Tooie
Main Theme - Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Showdown Town - Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
https://vgmdb.net/album/4459 Okay, I found that the Dragon Quest Overture that appears in the trailer is from this album, the 2005 symphonic arrange of Dragon Quest III. Unfortunately, it seems that this specific version (yeah, there are other symphonic arranges of this theme from the third game of the series, but the exact version of the trailer is from the 2005 release) is not on Youtube. I had to download the album. I leave this page with info from the exact album if anyone's interested

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
The track that appeared on today's video (while Sakurai was testing the B-Down special on Dragon Quest scenario) was War Cry from Dragon Quest VIII. It had MIDI quality, so it is the original version, not a remix.

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
We can expect MIDI quality for Dragon Quest VIII and XI tracks. Now we have to know which versions of the Dragon Quest III and IV tracks will be used. Famicon versions? Nintendo DS for DQIV, for example?

Edit: also the official web page of SSBU didn't update music previews, so I don't think that any of this tracks may be a remix. If one of theme were, they would upload something. Like the Banjo-Kazooie remix.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
We can expect MIDI quality for Dragon Quest VIII and XI tracks. Now we have to know which versions of the Dragon Quest III and IV tracks will be used. Famicon versions? Nintendo DS for DQIV, for example?

Edit: also the official web page of SSBU didn't update music previews, so I don't think that any of this tracks may be a remix. If one of theme were, they would upload something. Like the Banjo-Kazooie remix.
Did they do this for Joker as well, or...?

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
Did they do this for Joker as well, or...?
No, they didn't. But they indicated which songs were arrangements on the announcement video as you can see in the picture below. They didn't do it for Dragon Quest tracks.
Captura.PNG

Edit: the track "The Hero Goes Forth with a Determination" from DQXI appears on the video when the Yggdrasil scenario is introduced and is the original version (MIDI quality).

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JxIqemAXGk

So the "Adventure" version from DQIII in SSBU is actually the one that appeared in the DQXI soundtrack (it acts like the second overworld theme for that game).

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI9RjdIMJnY

The same for "Battle for the Glory" of DQIV. I think that all songs that may have a DQXI version will feature that version in SSBU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FVs3-XRj70

"Unflinchable Courage" is the original from DQXI.
And the "Marching through the Fields" (DQVIII) SSBU version is the same as Theatrhythm Dragon Quest.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So what songs would you hope for if Three Houses got any representation? Mine are:

(Note: bold indicates a remix)
Fódlan Winds (by Motoi Sakuraba)
Edge of Dawn (Eng. and JP.)
Life at Garreg Mach (by Yoko Shimomura)
Tearing Through Heaven (by Tomoya Ohtani)
Blue Skies and a Battle
Edge of Dawn (E3 2018 Trailer version)
Apex of the World
God-Shattering Star
The Land Beloved by the Goddess (by Takeshi Kuramochi)

Sorry for the black text at the end. I couldn’t get it to stay the normal color.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I had a feeling there wouldn't be a single new arrangement from DQ and that they would all be in MIDI quality.

Then again Koichi Sugiyama is an incredibly difficult individual to work with so it couldn't be helped in this case.

Ah well.

I can just revel in how much more substantial the song selection is here as opposed to FF7.

This goes for the franchise's representation altogether actually.

Top Bottom