• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of New Remixes

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I never really played much of the DKC series at all but I'm extremely happy to see they're putting so much better effort into the song picks this time.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I never really played much of the DKC series at all but I'm extremely happy to see they're putting so much better effort into the song picks this time.
Yeah DKC has an amazing soundtrack and it's a shame that prior to this they rarely ventured out of remixing the Jungle Level theme, whene whenever they did they made great remixes like with Stickerbrush Symphony.

Naoshi

By the way, what's up with the total lack of DKC3 music in Smash? Is there any royalty issues or something? I ask this since DKC3 GBA had a completely different soundtrack.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
By the way, what's up with the total lack of DKC3 music in Smash? Is there any royalty issues or something? I ask this since DKC3 GBA had a completely different soundtrack.
Well we know the original DKC3 was mostly composed by Eveline Fishcer, with a couple of arrangements made by David Wise. She stopped composing video game music during the 2000s, but I don't know if there was issues with Eveline not giving Nintendo the rights to her music. The GBA version OST was completely remade by only David Wise.

Last edited:

TheEgilHasLanded

Smash Rookie
There's not much I can easily make out from Ally's channel, but here's what I was able to find:

The big new one is "Boss Battle 4: Samus Returns". I assume a port (potentially of this), though it's impossible to hear so I can't verify it. Looking back at the direct, it seems like there might be an additional Samus Returns song we don't know about too.

Magnus's theme is back.

Ruins from Wario Land Shake it also returns.
Based on my fervent wish that Diggernaut's theme be in this game, I took a listen.

Aaaaaaand... you actually can kinda hear it because there's a few high-pitched notes. From what I heard it definitely doesn't sound like Diggernaut's theme, but I don't think it's the Zeta Metroid theme either; the song that sounded the closest to me was the Gamma Metroid theme.

https://youtu.be/H20d8oOZUe0 have a listen

Shame because I prefer both Zeta's and Diggernaut's themes but it's not too bad I guess. imo they really should've done a medley because there's so many good boss tracks in the game.

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet
Anybody else worried Wario is gonna get snubbed on music again? We haven't even gotten any ports so far.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Anybody else worried Wario is gonna get snubbed on music again? We haven't even gotten any ports so far.
I wouldn't be surprised. The only new game he's had since Smash 4 was Warioware Gold (which came out recently), so he hasn't been in the spotlight that much. The only other route to represent him would be via Wario Land, but Sakurai seems to mostly ignore that series.

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Well we know the original DKC3 was mostly composed by Eveline Fishcer, with a couple of arrangements made by David Wise. She stopped composing video game music during the 2000s, but I don't know if there was issues with Eveline not giving Nintendo the rights to her music. The GBA version OST was completely remade by only David Wise.
I think Ice Cave Chant is an Eveline song, so that probably isn't the case.
It's my greatest fear.
Hopefully we get something soon!

lukaskindt1997

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't be surprised. The only new game he's had since Smash 4 was Warioware Gold (which came out recently), so he hasn't been in the spotlight that much. The only other route to represent him would be via Wario Land, but Sakurai seems to mostly ignore that series.
Which is really unfortunate!
Come on, a remix of the main theme from the original Wario Land is all I'm asking for.
As well as Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, has Nintendo completely forgotten about those GameBoy classics?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Which is really unfortunate!
Come on, a remix of the main theme from the original Wario Land is all I'm asking for.
As well as Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, has Nintendo completely forgotten about those GameBoy classics?
Well we have the Underground Theme remixed from Super Mario Land, but that's it.

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
Hooray for Crocodile Cacophony! Now can we get some Tropical Freeze music pls
I second that. My personal shortlist for TF music would be, in no particular order, Big Top Bop, Sawmill Thrill, Grassland Groove, Scorch N Torch, Frantic Fields, High Tide Ride, Aqueduct Assault, and the Snowmads Theme. Honestly, in a perfect world, the entire Tropical Freeze OST should be in.

Last edited:

fersmashing

Smash Cadet
In Barcelona, there will be another Smash Bros. demo the first two days of december. So we will be watching

Naoshi

If you ignore Kirby and Pokemon, Gameboy music is barely existent in Smash Bros.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
If you ignore Kirby and Pokemon, Gameboy music is barely existent in Smash Bros.
I mean, we got a few Dr. Mario songs, a couple Tetris songs, a song from Super Mario Land, a song from Link's Awakening, even a pretty obscure game like X is represented musically. Its not bad - but I agree its rather lacking overall.

Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening deserve a couple more remixes each. (Birabuto Kingdom and Ballad of the Windfish maybe?) Return of Samus could definitely use a song, probably Surface of SR388. And obviously having nothing from Wario Land is a big oversight.

Naoshi

I mean, we got a few Dr. Mario songs, a couple Tetris songs, a song from Super Mario Land, a song from Link's Awakening, even a pretty obscure game like X is represented musically. Its not bad - but I agree its rather lacking overall.

Super Mario Land and Link's Awakening deserve a couple more remixes each. (Birabuto Kingdom and Ballad of the Windfish maybe?) Return of Samus could definitely use a song, probably Surface of SR388. And obviously having nothing from Wario Land is a big oversight.
I did say "barely" for a reason. That's still very little! Even with Kirby and Pokemon in mind though, it has a relatively very low count compared to other systems.

On that note, I thought Dr. Mario was considered NES but I found out the GB version came out at the same time. Huh

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Found that bowser zeki on YouTube posted the original version of crocodile cacophony.

Not sure if he has a legit source or if hes just guessing for the time being like crunchii.

Naoshi

Found that bowser zeki on YouTube posted the original version of crocodile cacophony.

Not sure if he has a legit source or if hes just guessing for the time being like crunchii.
Could be guessing or placeholder. Have they been doing this with other tracks like that?

JaredG

Smash Apprentice

It's honestly baffling to me that Ballad of the Windfish hasn't been in Smash yet. It has a better chance now of being included in the form of the Breath of the Wild Hyrule Castle theme at least, but if even THAT doesn't make it in, there's no justice in this world.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's honestly baffling to me that Ballad of the Windfish hasn't been in Smash yet. It has a better chance now of being included in the form of the Breath of the Wild Hyrule Castle theme at least, but if even THAT doesn't make it in, there's no justice in this world.
Technically, it has. There's a list of cut music from Brawl, including a remix of Ballad of the Windfish. You can find the music here.

JaredG

Smash Apprentice
Technically, it has. There's a list of cut music from Brawl, including a remix of Ballad of the Windfish. You can find the music here.
Yeah, but all those songs were cut so they don't really count. Also, I've seen these tracks a lot as supposedly being what was found in the game, but I'm pretty sure they're actually fanmade. The ssbwiki says that the only thing left in the game was file names that made no sound. There's not even actual evidence that Beware the Forest's Mushrooms was one of the tracks, and it could have been Toadwood Forest from Partners in Time instead.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
10 minutes
Thanks, these streams are always comfy to watch. Will keep my eyes peeled for any new music, the japanese voice overs are usually less loud and obnoxious and the footage is direct feed, but the song titles are all in Japanese so I'll really need to listen.
Also
Are you trying to tell me we missed out on Sonic CD music? We better get something like Stardust Speedway to make up for this

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Thanks, these streams are always comfy to watch. Will keep my eyes peeled for any new music, the japanese voice overs are usually less loud and obnoxious and the footage is direct feed, but the song titles are all in Japanese so I'll really need to listen.
Also

Are you trying to tell me we missed out on Sonic CD music? We better get something like Stardust Speedway to make up for this
We got Sonic Boom, just not You Can Do Anything. But, yes, either US or JP (or both!) Stardust Speedway please.

Top Bottom