• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of chaingrabbers in brawl?

neji49

Smash Cadet
It seems that alot of characters can chaingrab in Brawl. Originall I thought it was a fairly unique technique, but apparently not. Does anybody have a list of all the chaingrabbers and who their chaingrabs work on, effectiveness. Or can they link me to posts that have this info? The only chaingrabbers I know of right now, are Falco and Dedede.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers
Lucario can chain grab via his forward B, but the window of opportunity is very small (0-35%).

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
Zamus can with her up b if there is a platform over her they get stuck in her attack keep doing it forever

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Falco is one of the main chain grabbers, he can chain grab with this dthrow with heavy characters all the way across the stage. With other weight classes, I'm not sure. You'd have to try it yourself.

M@v

Subarashii!
Falco can against wolf. I had decent damage, and a falco player chain grabbed me 3 times before I broke free.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
wario only has a pseudochainthrow. its much easier against bigger characters but if they dont DI away or attack you can grab them again. only works a few times until they catch on

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers and Dedede have the most dangerous chain throws, in that order. Falco chain against some heavy characters, and Game and Watch can tech chase out of his downthrow.

FireFly

Smash Lord
marth can kinda chaingrab metaknight by just grabbing without throwing. metaknight will not move so you can grab, press A rapidly and metaknight will just fall. im pretty sure this can be infinite on a wall.

Blad01

Smash Lord
For Falco : List for his chaingrab

As the guys before me said, there also are Ice Climbers, DDD, Lucario, ZSS (with Forward Throw), Pikachu. I can't tell for others characters...

But at very low percentages, Ganondorf can also chaingrab with his Dthrow :)

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi has a pseudo-chaingrab in which he chews on the opponent until they get released, then running forward and grabbing them out of the air. Only works on floaty characters since they fly out of Yoshi's mouth into the air. Doesn't work on fast-fallers or heavy characters.

I imagine it's also really easy to escape, but it works if they're not paying attention. Makes for a decent setup for other moves, though.

Pikachu's chaingrab works well on heavy or fast falling characters.

Bowser can sorta chaingrab with the Flying Slam since it can grab in the air. It's not that easy to do and is far from guaranteed.

neji49

Smash Cadet
I main Falco, so I'm an expert on his chaingrabbing ability. I looked up soem of the characters and it seems aalot of them have restricting grabs. I suppose my actual question who are the best grabbers in the game?

EDIT: Can't you just jump out of Lucario's chain grab?

Top Bottom