• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Best Players at Respective Characters

Man of Ham

Smash Rookie
:foxmelee: FOX
Best: Mango
Notable: Hax, Leffen, Chillin, Silent Wolf, Fiction

:falcomelee: FALCO
Best: PPMD
Notable: Westballz, Zhu, Mango

:marthmelee: MARTH
Best: PPMD, Mew2King
Notable: PewPewU, The Moon

:sheikmelee: SHEIK
Best: Mew2King
Notable: Kirby Kaze

:jigglypuffmelee: JIGGLYPUFF
Best: Hungrybox
Notable: s0ft

:peachmelee: PEACH
Best: Armada
Notable: MacD

:falconmelee: CAPTAIN FALCON
Best: S2J
Notable: Scar, Darkrain

:icsmelee: ICE CLIMBERS
Best: Fly Amanita
Notable: Chu Dat, Nintendude

:pikachumelee: PIKACHU
Best: Axe
Notable: Pikachad

:samusmelee: SAMUS
Best: Plup
Notable: Darrell, Duck, HugS

:luigimelee: LUIGI
Best: Eddie Mexico, Abate
Notable: Vudujin, Blea Gelo, Vist

:ganondorfmelee: GANONDORF
Best: Kage
Notable: Bizzarro Flame, Loki, Mr. Branondorf

:drmario: DOCTOR MARIO
Best: Shroomed
Notable: Boss

:yoshimelee: YOSHI
Best: aMSa
Notable: Vectorman, Leffen

:mariomelee: MARIO
Best: A Rookie
Notable: Boss, Mango

:younglinkmelee: YOUNG LINK
Best: Armada
Notable: Axe, Laijin

:linkmelee: LINK
Best: Germ
Notable: J666

:dkmelee: DONKEY KONG
Best: Green Ranger, Phish-It

:zeldamelee: ZELDA
Best: The Lake
Notable: Mew2King

:roymelee: ROY

:mewtwomelee: MEWTWO
Best: Taj
Notable: Mew2King

:gawmelee: MR. GAME & WATCH
Best: GimR

:nessmelee: NESS
Best: Mofo
Notable: Hungrybox

:bowsermelee: BOWSER
Best: DJ Nintendo

:pichumelee: PICHU

:kirbymelee: KIRBY
Best: Triple R

I wanted to make this list because I could not find a decent recent one. If such a list already exists please post the link.
This list is by no means definitive and is meant to facilitate finding the best players at certain characters to help learn strategies, matchups, and technical skills with certain characters and to be in general awe of how good these players are.
Any additional information (especially on players that excel at their character) and comments are gladly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
I'm pretty sure there is a list out there somewhere but I'll contribute.
(Also people might give you crap for recently joining Smashboards and making a post like this, but ignore those people.)
Here are some that I think you might wanna include:
:foxmelee: Fiction
:falcomelee: Zhu, Mango
:luigimelee: Vist, Blea Gelo
:younglinkmelee: Laijin
:dkmelee:Strong Bad
:roymelee: Sethlon, Neo
:gawmelee: Qerb, Mew2King
:bowsermelee: Gimpyfish?
:kirbymelee: Hack

Last edited:

Electro Swoosh

Smash Rookie
Add some more notables (in addition to what's already been said)

Fox: Cactuar, Colbol, Kels, ZeRo
Sheik: Ice
Peach: Bladewise
Falcon: Lord, SilentSpectre
Zelda: Cosmo (tied for best)

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
This list is pretty good. However, I'd make a few changes:

Sethlon's Roy is better than Mew2King's lol.

When Hax did main Falcon, his was the best, so it should be mentioned.

Lastly, I think Abate's Luigi is better than Eddie Mexico's, if only because Abate is better at more important matchups; he beat Hax's Fox at RoM 7 AND his Falcon at Zenith 2013, both matches were 2-0s. In contrast, Eddie Mexico lost to SilentSpectre's Falcon at last year's EVO, and lost to him regularly in non-tournament matches before that.

Last edited:

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Wait I thought it was solid in everyone's minds that Kage was the best Ganon

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Oh yeah, I totally looked over that; Kage is definitely the best Ganon.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
:zeldamelee:: Cosmo should be notable at least
:kirbymelee:: Hack is definitely the best
:icsmelee:: Wobbles should be notable at least
:falconmelee:: Hax and Jeapie should be notable
:jigglypuffmelee:: Darc and Mango should be notable
:peachmelee:: Mew2King and DoH should be notable

other than that, its pretty solid

Last edited:

Egadd

Smash Rookie
I'd probably add KoopaTroopa for notable Marios, he's been training under Rookie for a while. Cosmowright is a notable Zelda though I'd say the Lake is better. DoH and VaNz are notable Peaches as well, though I might be out of the loop on that. Notable Falcons should probably include Lord, NMW, and SilentSpectre, along with maybe dropping Scar. Amsah used to be the best player in Europe with Sheik, and I'd put Reno and Ice on the list as well (maybe OverTriforce). Falco should probably include Lambchops. I'd call Darc another notable Jiggs player. That's about it, the list is pretty good.

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
For Sheik, I would put down Mew2King as best, and list the following as Noteables: Shroomed (probably best after M2K in US), Kirbykaze (best in Canada), Ice (best in Germany), Overtriforce (best in Spain).

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I think Cosmo and Qerb should be added for notables in Zelda and Game & Watch respectively. I also don't understand why M2K has a notable Zelda as he has only pulled her out on last stock for a last hit when using Sheik to disrespect an opponent.

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Bladewise is a very underatted Peach from Washington, 25th at evo, same place as MacD if you want to you count him in

JoeTango

It Takes Two
:zeldamelee:: Cosmo should be notable at least
:kirbymelee:: Hack is definitely the best
:icsmelee:: Wobbles should be notable at least
:falconmelee:: Hax and Jeapie should be notable
:jigglypuffmelee:: Darc and Mango should be notable
:peachmelee:: Mew2King and DoH should be notable

other than that, its pretty solid
Definitely need to note Cosmo, it's very impressive he is so good at a character like Zelda and is one of the best speed runners out there

DeepDish

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure whether Neo's Roy should still be considered or not for a notable Roy. He hasn't been recorded playing in a while but damn it's still impressive to watch. And Sethlon's Roy is definitely better than M2K's. You should also put down Lord HDL for a notable Link.

Watofu

Smash Rookie
can we stop calling gimr the best G&W
This is the second list i've seen with this

Sashimi

Smash Ace
OP subtly listing the characters in order of where he thinks they belong on the tier list.

Pretty clever :troll:

1000g2g3g4g800999

Smash Journeyman
These types of threads usually get closed. Oh well, here goes nothing.
HDL is probably still the best Link, Vwins should be a notable for Peach, if Taj is still active enough to keep best Mewtwo, he could probably be put as a notable for Marth.
Weon-X was pretty dominant in Ontario ever since KirbyKaze's hiatus and could be listed as a notable for Fox. Javi, Sfat, and Lucky could also be listed here.
Amsah's been winning big tournaments in Europe lately, and was once the best player on the continent. Ice is considered top 3 in Europe currently, took a set off of Mango last year, beat Shroomed and Hax this year... Overtriforce has nearly beaten Mew2King before and is considered one of the best players in Europe still. Darkatma is arguably the best player in the Midwest and got 17th at Apex. Swedish Delight is capable of beating every player in his region, and for that matter, has beaten everyone in it (unless you still count M2K as Tristate), and kept his games with Hungrybox at Shuffle V close. He also prevented S2J from getting out of pools at Apex. Flash is one of the best players in Japan, beats aMSa without even really chaingrabbing, etc. There's a lot of players that could likely be mentioned as notables for Sheik, depending on who you ask.
Hax was literally the best Falcon in the world before, NorCal has two Falcons most people would probably put before Scar, Wizzrobe has been doing really well recently, and Gucci is still like, top 2 in Japan; Falcon could have some other people as notable (obviously keep Darkrain).
Probably any Ganon from Florida could be a notable, as others have said, Sethlon > M2K for Roy, Qerb is the best G&W, Cosmo could potentially be put as best Zelda... If anything, Mew2King should be a notable for Fox, (and I could see Armada there too, last I checked, the only European player to beat his Fox was Leffen).
WarriorKnight and Eikelmann could be put as notable Bowsers, possibly Gimpyfish as well (not sure how much Melee he still plays).
Ka-Master is back and could be mentioned under Luigi, Anther is playing more PM now, but could probably be mentioned for Pikachu, DJN could be mentioned for Mario, and I'm pretty sure however active Nicknyte and INSANECARZYGUY are, one of them could take Pichu from M2K.
Lamb/Porkchops, th0rn, Tuga, DEHF, Bam or Baxon could be added to Falco. Shiz is apparently making a comeback, and might become eligible for the list soon. Leffen, Armada, and Axe all have very good secondary Falcos.
I'm not sure how long you'd like these lists to go on, but I doubt you'd like to say, add every Sheik I mentioned. Feel free to do as you please.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
:icsmelee: Should at least include Wobbles as an honorary mention.
:roymelee: Sethlon > Mew2King
:pichumelee: There are better Pichus out there. No, really. They get better. I just forget their names...

Yeah, it's short. I don't pay a lot of attention to tournament matches.

Last edited:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I'm bored:

Pretty sure most peoples GnW is better than GimR's. Put QERB or bust.

Dunno how M2K isn't mentioned for Fox.

Dunno how EVO 2013 2ND PLACE (Wobbles) isn't mentioned for ICs. Don't care if he quit for awhile.

For DK add Nedech, Eikelmann, RockCrock to notable. RockCrock used to be the best but he plays less now. Maybe myself too, but that's adding too many.

For Link add HDL to best, reverse Germ and J666, and add Internet Explorer to notable.

For Zelda, best is Comso no question. UmberonMow, MaxyB, and TheLake to notable.

Add Koopa Troopa 895 to Mario.

Add Okami to Pika.

Last edited:

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
DOH is a pretty notable Peach in my opinion

Also I think Laijin has the best YL but because he uses it on bad matchups he looses more. He took 3 stocks and nearly 4 out of mango's Falcon

Last edited:

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
Why isnt ice under sheik?
Ice is like top5 in europe with nerfed sheik

Japsy

Banned via Warnings
M2k should be under notable for Fox (imo)
Definetly should include Homemadewaffles for Dr. Mario "notable" though. And maybe Wobbles for ICs.

strawhats

Smash Master
Amsah should be a notable for sheik, along with Overtriforce, Kirbykaze, Ice , and Shroomed. Lucien (mostly due to inactivity as he challenged Shroomed, SFAT, and PPU at his peak) and Darkatma are a tier below those names along with Flash from Japan who takes sets from aMSa w/o chaingrabbing, and Swedish Delight who is a tier below that if only slightly. But yeah if we're doing notables by weight of acomplishment the first 4 names need to be on their. I would also include KDJ as notable for sheik ..Captain Jack is making a comeback to smash too so maybe he might be a notable for sheik again soon. (he's certainly a legend alongside Amsah and Korean DJ)...drephen gets a shoout too 4 MW old school rep
Marth: PewPewU, AustinRC, Dart, KDJ, Ken, Taj, TAI, Salepate, Makenshi, Aska, Beat, Neutroni, Hyprid, I.B. Diakonos, Zoso, and Swiftbass should be notables for marth. Honorary mention to Ice, Cactuar and FLT (Fast like Tree)
Puff should also have mango as a notable at least, along with darc, tekk and ...well I was gonna say Thomas but he's not up there just yet imo. Infernum from France should be a notable for puff (was the best puff in Europe for years and I believe he's still active-
Jeapie, Hax, Lord, and SS need to be on the falcon notables list at the very least...Gucci should be on that list too
Samus notables should include Cyr
Cosmo is still the best Zelda in the world and should be listed. The Lake, Dark Musician, and Umbreon Mow should be on the notables list for Zelda.
Wobbles is still the best ICs in the world and should be listed.
Dashizwiz should be listed as a notable for falco, same with Blunted Object, Bam, Sion, Calle W, DEHF, thorn, Tuga/twin, Lambchops, and Baxon...Bombsoldier for legend status
Hack should be notable for Kirby...KrazyKirbyKid for old school status along with t!mmy
Taj is still the best m2, Vman also played m2 even though he's more notable with Yoshi , iori can also be put as a notable for m2
SFAT, Unknown 522, Javi, M2k, Weon-X, and Zero should be notables for Fox.
Querb is the best GnW... Joot and Phenom should be
listed for GnW notables. Direvulcan is the OG GnW though (legend status)
DJN best bowser, gimpyfish and warriorknight as notables for bowser
Mario: Scorpion Master is definitely the best Mario. Notable Mario players of years past include Green Mario, Brown Mario and Eggs (best Mario Main outside
of scorpadorp)
KDJ and Unknown have better pichu than m2k
Lord HDL is still the best Link, and add Skler as a notable for Link
Jash can be put as a notable for YL (legend status)
Yoshi: Mind Trick, Fumi (old school legendary Japanese Yoshi), Savampen and Lil Fumi should be notables.
Doc: Homemadewaffles should be a notable along with Dogysamich,Bob$, FoxRoar...and maybe Captain Jack if u wanna go super old school. honorable mention to kirby squad (Europe old school doc main)
Peach:Cort, Vwins, XiF, Vanz, Vidjo, Sastopher, DoH and Mike G should be listed as notables
Ganondorf: Rock Crock, and Linguini need to be mentioned as notables. Eddie, Joe Bushman and Renth for O.G. ganondorfs
Ness: simna, mofo(best Ness main) angrylobster, and tuna.
DK: Bum, Captain Jack, Rock Crock, and Nedech should be notables at least.
Luigi: Ka Master needs to be on the notables list at least...the best to have ever done it with Luigi
Sethlon and Neo should be on the list for Roy...sethlon being the best Roy and m2k and neo as notables for Roy along with Ripple who now uses DK and Samus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom