• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Linux

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Hi
If you run linux could you reply with what Disto you are using and wat desktop environment you are using. im running ubuntu and kubuntu. Gnome and KDE.

I want to turn this into a discussion about anything about linux from install help to media players to gaming.

everyone who runs linux come on and use this bar to show u are a user not a loser

----------------------------------------------

Gerudo Warrior - ubuntu (imac)

Tibarn - Ubuntu with Gnome.

DarkLink567 - Ubuntu and Mandriva with KDE.

Varuna - Suse 10.0

phil Ivey - Ubuntu and Kubuntu

UMBC Super Smasher - Suse Linux 10.1 running the KDE desktop.

scap - Debian Sid (laptop + desktop) running gnome.

Synch - SuSe 10.1,running KDE

Peeze - ubuntu?

Sensai - ubuntu 6.10

Jammer - Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon

barboachtraner - Ubuntu 7.10

Tibarn

Smash Rookie
Running Ubuntu with Gnome, but soon I'm going to switch to Kubuntu with KDE.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
I actually don't have sound on the computer that I run linux on, bad sound drivers or something along those lines, so I don't media players of any kind. Sorry GW.

As for skipping songs, do you mean from an Audio CD or MP3s? Does it occur in other media players? Try reinstalling the player and see if that remedies it. Otherwise I don't know what else the problem could be.

flaco

The Terminator
Well I dont understand lynux very well is that the program they use on macs or not becuase I had use mac in school and now I have windows xp.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
The program they use on Macs is Mac OS X. But they are similar. Mac OS X is Unix based. Linux is Unix like. So usually programs that run on mac run on linux.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Just to let people know. If you have no idea what linux is i am curently making a guide to linux with screenshots of my computer and if you want to try out linux get some free cds shipped to you. http://www.kubuntu.org/ This will include a live cd. A live CD is a cd which will run linux on your computer. But when you take the cd out linux will be gone from your computer. While using linux with the live c - d all the programs that are on linux usually will be on your computer. You can instant message and surf the net like you normally do while enjoying linux.

in the mean time have a look at some linux eye candy.:)

http://www.kde-look.org/

flaco

The Terminator
thanks man am downloading the cd now bro thanks lol comcast is fast lol o lets see how it works lynux thanks.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
no problem man. It makes me happy to see someone have linux:) . I hope you enjoy it. If you have any questions about it il help. Thats what this thread is for. Hope you enjoy linux :)

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
I do enjoy linux more then XP. The only bad thing was the compatiblity issues with some of my stuff like foobar2000. But after i found out all the programs and started to undersand it better using progams like WINE which is a windows emulation program. I now enjoy linux much more than windows XP. Instead of having foobar2000 I now use XMMS as my media player. Another major problem is ADOBE FLASH player. But i worked my way arround that using WINE. So i do enjoy linux more than windows XP

flaco

The Terminator
bro am having a problem i cant use linux in my pc it says something about afile that cant find that suck o well no linux for me lol.

flaco

The Terminator
k who you get the cd is it free pay no shipping or nothing like that let me get the cd becuase i wanna try linux thats all thanks man you be must helpfuli give you rep but i dont know if i did already did lol.

flaco

The Terminator
well i guess so i just seen the dashboard and **** it looks pretty cool i hope i dont messed up my pc lol.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
You are better off just to get the the live cd shipped in. It is very complacated to install. You cant download the Live cd but i dont really know what your asking?

ploogle

Smash Cadet
Yes! Ubuntu is awesome! Linux in general is awesome! If you are porgrammatically skilled, then you should check this out: www.linuxfromscratch.org

You can build your own custom Linux system from the ground up; talk about bragging rights!

flaco

The Terminator
oh k i got confused I thought it was actually a sing or a line of people in the computer using linux oh k lol

flaco

The Terminator
nah i havent i try to put in my email adress and its like spam and it delets it am like dam so i cant get it.Also is flaco not falco lol.

flaco

The Terminator
dont worry about my name bro is just nothing lol so i might try a different way to get linux could you please give me the link again and dont worry about the name.

flaco

The Terminator
lol nice it happend o well i never ment to get that cd o well lol thanks for triying aol msn and yahoo account deny access to that email thing why

Top Bottom