• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Links vs. Stinks? (Edit: General low tier crew battle?)

Links vs. Stinks?

• Yes

Votes: 65 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.7%

• Total voters
NNID
dansalvato
I've had a bunch of people tell me how much they loved the crew battle, but I'd like to see how many people are interested in this making a return. Or, if you have any ideas on giving the crew battle a fresh spin, I'd love to hear it.

Overall I think it would be great to have some sort of low tier showcase at Apex, and this is one way it could happen. Please vote in the poll and post your thoughts!

Edit: A lot of people like the idea of a general low tier crew battle, and I am in agreement with that. There's no reason to put so much focus on one character, and having a larger variety would be more interesting.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's vs ... otherlowtieri's would be pretty cool. See what yoshi can do vs low tiers.

Corona

Smash Apprentice
See, I kind of enjoyed it, even though the Links got steamrolled and would probably lose just as badly again. I just think this was good as a one time experiment. I also know at least a couple of the players from last year wouldn't do it again. If something similar were to happen, I do like the idea of having another low tier character be the main focus. Yoshi is a good idea (good looks, foshio); Mewtwo would be something, too.

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
West coast vs. East coast low tier crews? Just a suggestion.
I don't really care what you guys end up doing, just so long as I get to see some kind of low tier shenanigans.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I like the idea of Mid tiers vs the Low tiers. Dr. Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Ganondorf, Luigi, Mario vs everyone lower than them

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
I'd say either all low tier east coast vs west coast, or just divide every character Doc and under, and then a team of docs, yoshis, nesses, etc can fight a team of Ganons, DKs, Young Links, Links, etc. and just split all the mid to low tier characters into teams, where the top main(s) for those characters will square off against each other. I'd call Shroomed's Doc and Hbox's ness as captains because I know that Armada won't do it.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Rather than Links vs. Stinks, they should do another character other than Links this year with a crew of mains for a different character.

Mario? Luigi? DK? A mid low tier character with a decent representation at Apex.

D

Deleted member

Rather than Links vs. Stinks, they should do another character other than Links this year with a crew of mains for a different character.

Mario? Luigi? DK? A mid low tier character with a decent representation at Apex.
'Marios VS Uhohs'

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Low tier draft crews. Armada's YL and Hbox's Ness are captains.
I'm all for draft , but I'd rather see low tier mains featured as opposed to top players playing their low tier secondaries. That being said, who are the noteable low tier mains that will be attending Apex?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
As a spectator, one sided crew battles aren't fun to watch.

Low tier EC vs WC sounds better. Or character crew battles. I know character crew battles existed at Apex 2012 for brawl as I took part in that and recorded one. All you got to do is ask another character boards about it. Also don't plan more than 3.. No time for everyone to fight everyone.

I'd say Link vs Ganon would be the most entertaining to watch.

oliman

Smash Journeyman
Low tier draft crew battle

with the 2 captains Taj/Axe/Vman and some really good low tier player not associated with Arizona

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I like the idea of low tier crew battle but not one that which so much focus on one character.

D

Deleted member

Ness VS Rest :ness:

(That could be Ness VS all the other Low Tiers)

D

Deleted member

Pros vs Joes

(Pros: ex: Mango, M2K, Hax, Shroomed, etc all playing low tier characters.)
(Joes: Unknown newcomers, or plain newcomers play regular characters.)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Last time was a great thing to watch. Please do something like that this time too.

D

Deleted member

I posted this idea earlier on some FB thread but we never got around to doing it at WT6:
Pokemon Battle crew battle. (This works best in Project: M due to it's wide variety of balanced pokemon, but it could work well in Melee too...)

Two Teams, each with 5 people must meet this criteria:
You can only have 1 human character in your team and have 4 other pokemon players.

Since there are only 4 playable pokemon, you may want to allow dittos on the same team. For pure hellish awesomeness, restrict the use of ditto characters in a single team; Each team must have one of each pokemon. If you do this, you may want to force people to use low tier humans.

1x Human (Ex: Link, Young Link, Mario, Luigi, Marth, Roy, Ness, Zelda, Captain Falcon, Icies, or Ganondorf)
1x Jigglypuff
1x Pichu
1x Pikachu
1x Mewtwo

Example of a (unrestricted) Team:
Marth, Pikachu, Puff, Puff, Mewtwo

Example of a (restricted) Team:
Ness, Puff, Pichu, Pikachu, Mewtwo

This set up of a crew battle creates a bit of a strategy buffer. Not only must team captains think about which player is better or worse, but they must also lay out every character's strengths and weaknesses to figure out how to win against the other team though many tough matchups.

Thor

Smash Champion
I've watched the Links vs Stinks crew battle a bunch, so this is a more of a fanboy vote (read: you might just label this spam or something) but:

Links vs Stinks again would be awesome (although I doubt we'll get "All I want me for Christmas is some big booty DONKEY KONG!")
Actually anyone at/below Luigi (Luigis, Roys, etc.) vs Stinks would be awesome (wants to see more low tiers).
Pros vs Joes would be awesome too (as long as they aren't too Joe-ish - shouldn't have M2K/Mango clear out half the crew with Kirby or Bowser).
Low-tiers v Low-tiers would be awesome (from wherever - EC/WC/etc.).
Pros playing a tier opposite their main (and not a character they secondary) would be funny but not necessarily likely (ex: M2K plays G&W or Bowser while Gimpyfish/Mofo/insert good low-tier main plays ICs or something).
Pokémon crew battle would also be great.

I don't know that this could ever EVER work or if it's even been attempted, but tag team crew battles (maybe I've just never seen it)? Would probably make the most sense for Pokémon (it'd be a double battle [gets slapped]). Probably too much emphasis then on doubles skills but I think it might be an interesting twist (ex: double Link vs Bowser and Kirby?)

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Gold Dart" post: 15740451 said:
Weat coast vs. East coast low tiers? Just a suggestion.
I don't really care what you guys end up doing, just so long as I get to see some kind of low tier shenanigans.
I completely agree with this. Just a good arbitrary fairly-fair division to use.
I don't really want to promote EvW hate (and there hasn't been much now that foreigners are a bigger part of the scene imo) but it seems like a good idea to me.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
A crew battle HAS to happen, the theme is a secondary but important concern.
Hype is vital as well, but if done right, hype will build with no advertisement.
Just the announcement of one happening should do it.

Top Bottom