• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Links the best edguarder.

cjugs

Smash Ace
i'm only posting about how to edguard marth and fast fallers, and sheik, but i would appreciate any techniques anyone else has as far as forms of edguaring on any char.
Fox/falco

Boomerang to interupt 2nd jump or firefox to dropzone nair.
Pros this along with upb almost always kills even at low percents.
Cons if your boomberang misses you will have to resort to skraaaa!!!!
the returning boomerang can be a pain in the ***.
Upb this is good but when they sweetspot it kind of sucks and up is not useful on Yoshis because they have to come way up to be hit by your upb.

Falcon. it depends on the percent but i like to at mid to high percents grab the edge and when falcon goes for the stage ledgehop nair land on the stage and then grb the edge and just stay there if he goes for the sweetspot if not repeat the nair.
At lower percents this won't work due to nair not causing any stun thats when i like to dsmash over and over to get them to higher ercents

Marth.
grabing the edge and nairing works great.
light shield trick
to dair on him works at high percent or you can light shield trick and then if he goes over you jump back on the stage in front of him and upb its hard to do the first few times.
dropzone nairing i promise it works so well try to use this when they won't be able to tech the stage.
If marth is recovering from high then either up air or wait for him to fall then grab.
Sheik.
press forward on the analog immediatlely after the first pooof then.
Against Sheik you just Spin Attack her back off a bunch of times iirc and then Dair when she's at like some percent. I think you could combo Uair --> Uair or something too if you just wanted to grind damage at lower percent.
If sheik is not at killing percent or recovering from high grab the ledge and make sure you get at least a grab out of if, Dthrow if sheik Di's behind you upb and start the edguard. IF sheik dI's in front of you combo her and try to land a uptilt to dair to knock her offstage again. This edguard will take alot of practice.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Against Sheik you just Spin Attack her back off a bunch of times iirc and then Dair when she's at like some percent. I think you could combo Uair --> Uair or something too if you just wanted to grind damage at lower percent.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If she recovers high you might as well just Dair her and see if you can get a stupid KO off the roof or something. If you can combo into Dair even better. Or do Nair stuff to try to make a horizontal juggle and send her off the other side.

I suggested Uair --> Uair for lower percents when Up+B won't start a gay edgeguard loop on her, and when Dair won't come close to killing her. It does like 30 damage and puts her above you, which is gravy for Link. If she grounds herself trying to CC it, you can just forgo the second Uair and probably jab reset her into something, which is fine.

Skler

Smash Master
The only problem with uair uair is that she crouches when she's in her upB stun, the uair might not catch her.

I generally just spin or dair depending on %, nair can work if you do it at the right position.

I need to play against KirbyKaze more. <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
stos would time the Uair so it would hit me as I'm getting up.

Then he stopped doing it altogether and switched to Dair.

I dunno why. Easier I guess.

I think you should play me more too.

Skler

Smash Master
The dair is sexier. A uair can be DIed decently far away and is stupid difficult to time against a Sheik who's in her upB lag. I find jumping up and grabbing her works really well too, as Link actually has decent combos out of the grab vs Sheik.

Seriously though, the dair is the new hotness.

cjugs

Smash Ace
i don't like grab, the whole point of edge GUARDING her is that once she is off the stage link should have potential to kill her. spin should keep her off stage for awhile but it's hard to say when a dair that skler gets so excited about will kill her. or even dthowndair to add a lil damage and if she dI's off stage we can spin to win.

I need to play both of you period.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The reason for grabbing (or doing not-Dair or not-Spin) is for percents when Sheik's simply not at high enough percent to kill. So, instead of trying to do something you can't, you try to rack as much damage as possible on her as possible.

cjugs

Smash Ace
The reason for grabbing (or doing not-Dair or not-Spin) is for percents when Sheik's simply not at high enough percent to kill. So, instead of trying to do something you can't, you try to rack as much damage as possible on her as possible.
so whats the best way to rack up damage.

Skler

Smash Master
dthrow -> utilt(s) -> dair at mid %s. Dthrow -> dsmash -> followup depending on DI at lower %s or Dthrow -> techchase if the dsmash isn't going to hit. You can also do some bair crap into grabs and whatnot throughout the whole thing.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Mk so grab and if she DIs behind i say upb DI's in front which will most likely happen uptilt bair regrab dthrow uptilt dair that's the best think i can think of because that will hopefully throw her offstage again.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Against marth, falcon and sometimes space animals i think it's a good idea to hold the edge and nair but this is giving me trouble so i need a little super smash bros theory.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I wish i could i'm in school now then i have geometry tutoring then laws to mow then a geometry test i wish geometry was ****** me so hard.

cjugs

Smash Ace
lol loves to text chase. i didn't see any dropzone nairing but it was still kewl, i didn't see very much edguarding that i didn't mention hey can link CG sheik???

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
certain DI, i don't quite remember anymore after not playing link since pound 4. if skler or anyone has any knowledge on it, i'm sure they could tell you.
I think percents around 45-65 will get it for you, very specific... i think it only works if they DI behind you, or no DI at all. Maybe even upward DI will get you the grab.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I love dropzone nairing (didn't know that was what it's called). *subscribed for a later date*

Top Bottom