• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Spike Is Awsome!!

Hate/Slim

Smash Rookie
lol the down tilt is so simple and when it works its awesome i was playing a against rice 's samus and i got him into a 6 hit combo 0 to death!!! forward air up tilt forward air up tilt forward air and then the down tilt spike!!!:laugh: it was awesome

Hate/Slim

Smash Rookie
you down tilt and if you hit them right they fly down its funny and awesome because it hardly works but when it does heck yaaaaaa!!!1

Link226

Smash Ace
He said ''what spike'' because its not a spike....its a meteor smash...people on SWF like it when your specific...even though its obvious you dont know much of this game....they will still bash you

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's unique because if they're a good meteor cancellor you can just keep doing it over and over since they jump into it D:

Skler

Smash Master
The dtilt meteor is bad and should not be used. It is difficult to hit with the hilt without being in danger of getting hit yourself, it has a massive startup time, average lag and is easily canceled.

If your opponent is good at meteor canceling you can hit once, they cancel and hit you while you while Link is getting ready for his dtilt.

The downtilt is, IMO, Link's worst move. I try to use it never unless I'm bored or have a really predictable opponent. The arrow has more uses then this attack.

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
The dtilt meteor is bad and should not be used. It is difficult to hit with the hilt without being in danger of getting hit yourself, it has a massive startup time, average lag and is easily canceled.
most people don't dtilt with hopes of executing the meteor. instead, they use it to pop up their opponent and react accordingly.

If your opponent is good at meteor canceling you can hit once, they cancel and hit you while you while Link is getting ready for his dtilt.
good point. however, i doubt someone would attempt another dtilt after their opponent cancelled the first meteor.

The downtilt is, IMO, Link's worst move. I try to use it never unless I'm bored or have a really predictable opponent. The arrow has more uses then this attack.
the dtilt is not as bad as you're making it out to be. it may be the most less used move, but every move has it's specific time to be used effectively. i use dtilt for edge-guarding only, although rarely. there are situations when you don't have time to do anything else besides ftilt, dtilt, or dmash. however, if your opponent is coming from a steep angle below, sometimes ftilt won't do. furthermore, if your opponent has a high percentage, a dsmash will send them too high to combo them afterward. thus, dtilt can be the best possible course of action in certain situations. i mean, just look at aniki; he uses dtilt quite often and has good results.

anyway, my point is: don't dtilt with hopes of meteor smashing.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
does rice's samus know how to DI or what? if someone got hit by 3 forward airs in a row i think they're stupid and wouldn't know how to DI

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Btw all Link's Tilt's are all spikes if you hit your opponent in a certain angle.

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
it is not awesome

example: your opponent is at 150%. instead of dropping a nair or just getting on the edge you meteor him, your opponent meteor cancels, gets back on the level and kills you.

Top Bottom