• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Shield Reflects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
So I was playing All-star mode for the ump-teenth time (I don't like to use continues) and I was using Lucario against the Zelda, TL, Ganon, Link team. I was at around 60% when this happened.

I threw a fully charged Aura Sphere at Link and it hit his shield... and, well, I was near him at the time and I was immediately launched to my death.

I assume that, during the time that his shield glows and absorbs a projectile, the shield is a powerful hitbox.

If this is already known, I apologize for spam

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
So you say that Link's shield hit you when it stopped Lucario's aura sphere?

I don't think I've heard of that before... or it could be that the aura sphere tipped away from his shield like when you regularly shield something.

Either way, it doesn't seem practical at all though.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
No Franklin Badge, just his shield. I'm not talking about his R/L shield, I'm talking about his Mirror Shield.

I don't see any great uses for this either, but it is interesting to know at least.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
So you say that Link's shield hit you when it stopped Lucario's aura sphere?

I don't think I've heard of that before... or it could be that the aura sphere tipped away from his shield like when you regularly shield something.

Either way, it doesn't seem practical at all though.
after the aura sphere comes into contact with anything other than a reflector, it loses its hitbox and is just there to look pretty

Link probably had a Franklin Badge and you just didn't see him pick it up

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Lucario's Aurashere has reflective properties. Sonic's Fair can reflect them too, along with other characters.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Lucario's Aurashere has reflective properties. Sonic's Fair can reflect them too, along with other characters.
I've done this with ivysaur's fair and bowser's nair, too. It freaked the crap out of me. Does anyone know exactly how this is done yet? Like, opening frames of the attack's hitbox collide with the projectile to reflect, or what?

well this makes it more intresting, but Im pretty sure links sheild just eats the sphere, does the size matter?

I meant the size of Lucarios Aurasphere

@oddler: is that the rick roll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom