• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Real Up-B Cancel

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
People really didn't know about this? I thought everyone did, but it was never mentioned because this sucks and is really hard to do. >_>

shadic101

Smash Apprentice
I don't think this is new but I've been wanting to really look into it. I think it was in SDM's "Perfect Control" where he made Link do ledge cancelled B-ups over and over again really fast. lol

Also, now that I think about it a lot of b-ups have strange edge techs. Bowser, Yoshi, CF, Ganon, and others have things similar to this. Maybe I'm just crazy or naive though. :|
Ganon don't have any edge tricks or not that i've heard of...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Ganon don't have any edge tricks or not that i've heard of...
i think he's refering to gannon's ability to drop and jump to hog again, giving him invulnerability. i did however, find a way around that, i was playing sheik, and all i had to do was run off and back air, and it hits...

shadic101

Smash Apprentice
i think he's refering to gannon's ability to drop and jump to hog again, giving him invulnerability. i did however, find a way around that, i was playing sheik, and all i had to do was run off and back air, and it hits...
oh i thot he was talking about his b up and anther way is that u wave dash and take the edge causing them to SD

Smasher89

Smash Lord
I haven´t read the twhole thread, but you can do double shieks up-b th is way too, which might works as mindgames but it´s real hard to perform since most often you go off the ledge..

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
thats a real well made vid. and I was thinkin bout somethin while watching it.

Up-b cancel hogging, ledgehop onto level, waveland back, up-b cancel hog again repeat?

that make sense?

if not i'll try to make a vid to show (if its even possible)

technomancer

Smash Champion
This is actually pretty cool... IMO follow with a nair off the stage to catch sweetspotters, and it's probably fantastic against Foxes and Falcos that like to mix up phantasming and foxfiring, allowing you to hit both timings with a double spin. Mindgraines!

linkmanuel

Smash Cadet
thats a real well made vid. and I was thinkin bout somethin while watching it.

Up-b cancel hogging, ledgehop onto level, waveland back, up-b cancel hog again repeat?

that make sense?

if not i'll try to make a vid to show (if its even possible)
ok if you made something like that , don[t forget to tell me

Sliq

Smash Master
The fact that the hit is week makes this seem remotely useless...might as well just jab, or ledge cancel Spin onto the ledge, then bair (if you plan on hitting them with a weak spin anyways).

It is cool and all, but there are much more practical alternatives...even more practical impractical alternatives, as much as an oxymoron as that is.

Cool find though. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but your time would be better spent practicing l-canceling than practicing this.

linkmanuel

Smash Cadet
The fact that the hit is week makes this seem remotely useless...might as well just jab, or ledge cancel Spin onto the ledge, then bair (if you plan on hitting them with a weak spin anyways).

It is cool and all, but there are much more practical alternatives...even more practical impractical alternatives, as much as an oxymoron as that is.

Cool find though. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but your time would be better spent practicing l-canceling than practicing this.
mY L-cancel if perfect so I try other moves to, L-cancelling if helpfull but not is all.

Les Money

Smash Cadet
so just wondering.... would the hit be weak? cuz from the video that linkmanuel gave up, the animation looks like it would make it a strong hit. and if it is a strong hit than i think it would be kinda useful if you want to edge hog in teams.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't know if a 3 month bump is bad... but i have a question about how you do this.

Could this be done with other characters? Like with Samus's Missile? Or is the reason this is possible because he rises into the air a tiny bit?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
The reason this is possible is because his Up-B does have him move his body up a bit, but also because it slides off the stage, like a few other up-b's. It's done by trying to find the perfect timeing and spacing to do the falling off Up-B, then pulling back, like DI, so he lands back on the level, canceling the animation.

I think that's the biggest explanation i've given of the move so far, and hopefully it helps.

Top Bottom