• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Link's Metagame Thread (Informative Quotes Can Be Found in the OP)

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I have a 3DS so I can help.
You're gunna need someone deticated to help you with DI. There's lots of characters, but you at least have the basic kill percents down so it won't be as difficult. All you gotta do is scale up the damage to where the opponent can't survive even if they DI, or to the point where the combo isn't true anymore (if it wasn't already not a true combo). You don't have to worry about DIing in since no one would be dumb enough to do that in tournament play. We can't rely one someone making stupid mistakes. It's just more unnecessary work.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
You're gunna need someone deticated to help you with DI. There's lots of characters, but you at least have the basic kill percents down so it won't be as difficult. All you gotta do is scale up the damage to where the opponent can't survive even if they DI, or to the point where the combo isn't true anymore (if it wasn't already not a true combo). You don't have to worry about DIing in since no one would be dumb enough to do that in tournament play. We can't rely one someone making stupid mistakes. It's just more unnecessary work.
Or you know, you could just test DI by yourself with two controllers, like me. http://smashboards.com/threads/foxys-guide-to-testing-and-labbing.417822/

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I've theorized an edgeguard setplay that should cover every single option from ledge and wanted to share it here to see if there are any holes in my idea.

The idea behind it is that your opponent can buffer 3 options (ledge jump, ledge roll, get up attack) after a tether trump that essentially negate the tether trumps effectiveness. A successful tether trump leads to a guaranteed drop from ledge, jump back dair aka death but your opponent can always buffer 3 options so the setup never truly works.

The concept is to set up 2 bombs quickly. One as close to the ledge as possible. This bomb will blow up (jokes) any opponent that decides to jump or do a getup attack.

And the second bomb will be at a distance that covers ledge roll.

So the setup is after you send your opponent off stage
1. full hop bomb pull z drop right at the ledge.
2. Bomb pull run off stage toss bomb towards stage. This if timed accurately sets up a bomb at roll distance that will not blow up but sit there.
3. Now you're conveniently facing stage and just have to tap z to tether and up to trump
4a. Your opponent decides to hold ledge and get trumped. You ledge release jump back dair and take their stock
4b. Your opponent decides to hold get up attack or jump. They make contact with the bom. You ledge release jump straight up dair and take their stock.
4c. Your opponent decides to ledge roll into your conveniently placed bomb. You ledge release jump forward and captitalize off of bomb. You can up-smash or footstool into jab lock or whatever you want.

Any thoughts here? I am probably going to start working on this setplay and making a video about it shortly unless there are any concepts I am describing that won't work.
Unknown ledgetraps with bombs. It's all avoidable though. Cat tends to try and time normal get-up (which is by far the most problematic get-up) with Ftilt, which has a fairly long lasting hitbox.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Given the latest patch grab OOS no longer works on aerials that have 10 frames of landing lag as your opponent can just buffer a spot dodge or roll. In some MUs it's even worse with say ZSS doing FF Nair to her frame 1 jabs.

I've been trying SA OOS lately to try solve that issue. Given that SA is frame 8 and grab is frame 12 the four fewer frames should make a difference. It should also be enough of a difference to work given that I still see Yoshi mains using Nair OOS which works. Yoshi's Nair OOS also takes one extra frame at 9 (6 for jumpsquat + 3 for Nair) so by the numbers SA OOS should be viable.

Note that to SA OOS you have to jump-cancel it meaning while you hold shield you must input jump then immediately Up-B to do a grounded SA. The jump is necessary to skip the shield drop frames so as to keep this option at frame 8. It would help to set one of L or R to jump to execute this smoothly.

In any case I've bumped into a problem which I'm not quite sure is if it's my fault or just due to the new patch. Specifically I mean right after getting hit (not a PS) you mash out the SA OOS only to find Link doing a SH instead. I originally thought it was myself messing up the timing on the input of Jump -> Up-B but I no longer think that's the case. Instead I think only the jump is being buffered during the shield stun frames which in turn either requires a different timing on the Up-B or just doesn't work.

This doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough that I worry about using this option.

Can anyone verify or test this? SA OOS seems like a very useful option if it truly does work.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Given the latest patch grab OOS no longer works on aerials that have 10 frames of landing lag as your opponent can just buffer a spot dodge or roll. In some MUs it's even worse with say ZSS doing FF Nair to her frame 1 jabs.

I've been trying SA OOS lately to try solve that issue. Given that SA is frame 8 and grab is frame 12 the four fewer frames should make a difference. It should also be enough of a difference to work given that I still see Yoshi mains using Nair OOS which works. Yoshi's Nair OOS also takes one extra frame at 9 (6 for jumpsquat + 3 for Nair) so by the numbers SA OOS should be viable.

Note that to SA OOS you have to jump-cancel it meaning while you hold shield you must input jump then immediately Up-B to do a grounded SA. The jump is necessary to skip the shield drop frames so as to keep this option at frame 8. It would help to set one of L or R to jump to execute this smoothly.

In any case I've bumped into a problem which I'm not quite sure is if it's my fault or just due to the new patch. Specifically I mean right after getting hit (not a PS) you mash out the SA OOS only to find Link doing a SH instead. I originally thought it was myself messing up the timing on the input of Jump -> Up-B but I no longer think that's the case. Instead I think only the jump is being buffered during the shield stun frames which in turn either requires a different timing on the Up-B or just doesn't work.

This doesn't happen all the time but it happens enough that I worry about using this option.

Can anyone verify or test this? SA OOS seems like a very useful option if it truly does work.
Normally with buffering the order of priority is Special button > Shield button > Attack button > Jump button, and yet here we seem to be seeing an example of the jump button out-prioritising the special button. But that's not the case. I believe that the reason why the jump button works and the special button doesn't is because (up) special isn't an option that can technically be used directly OoS by itself (and you can only buffer one option), and so the game ignores the special input and only registers the jump input if you do them both while in shield-stun. If instead you tried to do U-smash OoS within the shield-stun frames, 'attack' is something that can be inputted directly OoS, and so you'll get a grab instead.

Essentially, you just have to get used to the new amount of shield-stun and use the Up-B or U-smash later than what you're used to. Alternatively, if you're doing Up-B OoS, I guess technically you could just mash the special button while holding up once you've hit jump... I mean so long as you can mash faster than once every 7 frames XD. You know what, just learn the new timing. Just delay it slightly.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
Normally with buffering the order of priority is Special button > Shield button > Attack button > Jump button, and yet here we seem to be seeing an example of the jump button out-prioritising the special button. But that's not the case. I believe that the reason why the jump button works and the special button doesn't is because (up) special isn't an option that can technically be used directly OoS by itself (and you can only buffer one option), and so the game ignores the special input and only registers the jump input if you do them both while in shield-stun. If instead you tried to do U-smash OoS within the shield-stun frames, 'attack' is something that can be inputted directly OoS, and so you'll get a grab instead.

Essentially, you just have to get used to the new amount of shield-stun and use the Up-B or U-smash later than what you're used to. Alternatively, if you're doing Up-B OoS, I guess technically you could just mash the special button while holding up once you've hit jump... I mean so long as you can mash faster than once every 7 frames XD. You know what, just learn the new timing. Just delay it slightly.
I tried that but I've ended up with ASAs instead :[. A few times I've hilariously done SH jump -> Arrow. Talk about being off.

Anyways by delaying slightly things become tricky. In particular I mean the timing and window before your opponent puts up shield or another defensive option is slim as it is. I notice whenever I get the accidental SH that mid way through the jump they can already act. Given the numbers I think that means a delayed SA OOS isn't worth the risk. It has a four frame advantage over grab but if you need to delay just a bit it's easy to accidentally go over those four frames and eat a punish. Also since shield stun frames varies with the power of the hit this is probably too tricky to reliably do.

Given that's the case it's probably not a good idea to use SA OOS then. However it might actually just be worthwhile to compile a list of moves that SA OOS or grab can reliably work on and just depend on the the specific cases where it works? The lack of OOS options even on PS has been really hurting me in matches with some MUs seeming impossible as my opponents can just sit on my shield :[.

Nimious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nimious
In my quest for Link OOS options I've been looking at Perfect Parry from Tech of the Week and well it looks like this is the answer.
https://youtu.be/RlGQpPg5PQc?t=1m39s

What does this mean for us Link mains? It means if we utilize PS we can have an additional 7 frames to work with (these would be your shield drop frames) over a normal shield OOS option. Additionally your retaliatory option is buffered meaning it comes out frame perfect. By my understanding this means we can punish anything that hits our PS with a Jab, Up-tilt or SA.

To put this into contrast let's look at an example where we're hit by say a ZSS Nair. ZSS' Nair has 10 frames of landing lag and normally this means so long as she buffers her frame one jab or a spot dodge our fastest OOS option grab (frame 12) would not work. While there's a chance for our SA OOS to work, based on my findings above I really doubt we can depend on something that would need to be frame perfect. Now with Perfect Parry our PS will take up 3 frames of the 10 frames of landing lag giving us at least 7 frames to retaliate with (at least 7 as it is unlikely ZSS hit you at the last possible frame before landing). This means at the very least you can safely jab (frame 7) her before she can act again.

Now this is all based on my understanding and I have yet to lab any of this out to confirm but given that the Tech of the Week series is ran by legitimate Smashers I think it's safe to say this is the answer to our OOS woes. However if I have anything wrong please correct me.

Also I would advise setting X to shield to do Perfect Parry as you can quickly tap X then A.

While the following has nothing to do with being an OOS option it is still pretty interesting. Essentially on whiff you dash and your SA input is ignored but on hit the SA comes out frame perfect. This provides a bit of protection say if your opponent goes for a shield grab but is a bit too slow. However given there is no turn-around this wouldn't be a true combo.
https://youtu.be/QqnAIOyhTu4?t=3m40s

GerMoj

Smash Cadet
NNID
GerMoj
3DS FC
2595-0240-5750
I was actually wanting to investigate about the bomb edgeguarding. Found that it is really useful when the opponent is recovering low because it places them perfectly for a better punish, although it's effectivity remains dependant on the character, it can really wreck some linear recoveries. Also edgeguarding with bombs allows us to mantain better stage control without commiting into a more risky edgeguard.

I share a video where I show how can bombguarding can really mess with Falcon (it's just an example) as the bomb forced him to go into the perfect position for a spike.

https://youtu.be/RZ0gD2gY7qE?t=31

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
@Hyrule Hero you're going love this. LOL

So I found a way to make zair trump> dair a little bit safer. If you lay a bomb at the end of the edge, Link will grab the bomb when he does dair after the zair ledge trump.

What does this mean? It means that the bomb explosion will help Link from getting punished for re grabbing the ledge. When the bomb explodes, Link will get his invincibility back when he grabs the ledge. The problems with this are the timing for setting the bomb and trumping the opponent.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So I found a way to make zair trump> dair a little bit safer. If you lay a bomb at the end of the edge, Link will grab the bomb when he does dair after the zair ledge trump.

What does this mean? It means that the bomb explosion will help Link from getting punished for re grabbing the ledge. When the bomb explodes, Link will get his invincibility back when he grabs the ledge. The problems with this are the timing for setting the bomb and trumping the opponent.
That is actually really cool. I was just thinking today that it had been a long time since we'd seen any real advancement of the meta.

You can pull a bomb, immedaitely soft throw it so that it lands on the edge, run over, RAR off the ledge, Tether Trump and attempt an immediate hit away from the ledge DJ Dair to catch the bomb and have it explode with perfect timing. There's even a bit of lee-way so you can adjust the trump timing. I'm really liking this.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
That is actually really cool. I was just thinking today that it had been a long time since we'd seen any real advancement of the meta.

You can pull a bomb, immedaitely soft throw it so that it lands on the edge, run over, RAR off the ledge, Tether Trump and attempt an immediate hit away from the ledge DJ Dair to catch the bomb and have it explode with perfect timing. There's even a bit of lee-way so you can adjust the trump timing. I'm really liking this.
I was trying new methods for guarding ledge options. My first idea was putting the bomb near the edge to scare the opponent from doing a ledge option. Then I thought to myself 'wouldn't this be a good way to try to get a zair trump> dair?' I did it and link grabbed the bomb. I stared at the tv for a long time, awed at what I just discovered. LOL

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well it's pretty sick and compensates really well for the great risk involved in going for that otherwise high risk high reward maneuver.
I've added the info to the AT thread, and also quoted you in the OP of this thread.

Oh and at some point earlier today I got the OP of this thread up to date.

Importantly, I made a note at the top of the OP basically saying that we're experiencing technical difficulties with the OP atm. I'm still working on a solution. If warchamp can't fix it, I may have to create separate threads which will be locked immediately and will contain all the quotes from this thread but more dispersed so the site can handle it, and these threads will eventually get lost underneath the other threads so then in the OP of this thread I'll just have links to them. It's a hassle, and I don't even know if it will work so it may require some experiementing, but it may be the only choice I have. If anyone else has any other ideas let me know.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Okay, so I was on FG yesterday, and I fought a DK. Here's the match.

Nothing too special. But, I want us to take a look at the 2:20 mark. My tether should have snapped to the ledge, but the DK hit the tether with a sideb, and stopped it, causing a KO.
Is this a cause for concern? If characters have the ability to stop our tether like this, it cripples our recovery options. I'm not sure if this has been labbed, but maybe it would be a good idea to see what moves could potentially stop us from reaching the stage, without even touching us.
Or did I simply screw up the recovery?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay, so I was on FG yesterday, and I fought a DK. Here's the match.

Nothing too special. But, I want us to take a look at the 2:20 mark. My tether should have snapped to the ledge, but the DK hit the tether with a sideb, and stopped it, causing a KO.
Is this a cause for concern? If characters have the ability to stop our tether like this, it cripples our recovery options. I'm not sure if this has been labbed, but maybe it would be a good idea to see what moves could potentially stop us from reaching the stage, without even touching us.
Or did I simply screw up the recovery?
Putting it on full-screen, HD, 0.25 speed, it would seem that you were simply a fraction of a pixel too far away when you tethered. DK did not hit the tether (this is impossible). To be certain, I set up a situation on a custom stage and put Link at the same distance visually from a ledge and sure enough he was just short of tethering.
To clarify, there is a distance at which the Zair will turn into a tether, the claw will look like it touches the ledge, but you will be too far away from the ledge for it to work.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Putting it on full-screen, HD, 0.25 speed, it would seem that you were simply a fraction of a pixel too far away when you tethered. DK did not hit the tether (this is impossible). To be certain, I set up a situation on a custom stage and put Link at the same distance visually from a ledge and sure enough he was just short of tethering.
To clarify, there is a distance at which the Zair will turn into a tether, the claw will look like it touches the ledge, but you will be too far away from the ledge for it to work.
Phew, thank god I'm a scrublord then.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
If Link stales his Dthrow would it not launch as far and have easier followups?
I'm in the middle of extensive labbing on D-throw follow ups, so now was a good time to ask. As you know my labbing methods are typically restricted to training mode, but to answer your question I was able to accurately test some examples in a real match (well, as 'real' as 'special smash set to slow making use of handicaps to set percents exactly where I want them in an infinite time match against myself with two controllers' is).

The answer, as far as I can tell, is basically that a stalled d-throw lets you extend already guaranteed combos, and only in circumstances where you already have enough hitstun but the opponent gets knocked too far away will it open up new combos (typically only at around mid-percents).

So for example, without staleness Sheik will be able to airdodge a FH Nair at 80%, but with a staled D-throw (assuming Link has no rage) she no longer gets hit high up enough by the D-throw to make Link have to travel too far such that he is wasting precious frames on the way there.
Robin (just for example as that was the last character I tested) is always able to airdodge FH Uair, and staleness will not alter this fact according to my tests (e.g. by raising Robin's percent to 125% such that he/she will still be in range of FH Uair but only if the D-throw is staled, only to find that Robin can still airdodge the Uair).
But then take Bowser for example. As I found fairly early on, Bowser was technically immune from all D-throw follow-ups at any percent (with staleness not being a factor). At 60% Bowser is finally unable to airdodge U-tilt, but he can still avoid it by DJing out or simply doing nothing because the D-throw hits him too far away. We have the required hitstun, just too much knockback. If the D-throw is staled, assuming Link has no rage, U-tilt becomes unavoidable.

You'll have to keep this stuff in mind when reading through the post I'll eventually be making on D-throw follow-ups, because the amount of factors I'm testing are already ridiculous without having to worry about staleness and rage.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Good stuff. It sounds like staling Dthrow is a good plan to make follow-ups easier in general and get a few more guarantees. Alright, the meta's advancing :)

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
oh just dropping by to let you guys know that nair dash attack is a thing on every character somewhere from 85-110 depending on weights/fall speed its a good set up off of dthrow jump read an air dodge into nair dash attack and kill super early L; (Edit again) every nair version works with this hard nair is at like 40-55ish again depending on weight/fall speed, also the kill one is off soft nair

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So this took longer than expected. Here's hoping they don't change D-throw...

The following is very self explanatory (which is why I'm about to explain it). It is all you'll ever need to know about D-throw follow ups in relation to all of your opponent's relevant options at 10% intervals for every character. It is important for me to note early on that staleness and rage will affect the results as obviously it will matter how far the opponent was launched. However, staleness and rage will not change what d-throw follow-ups are possible (outside of like a staled d-throw at 0% of course), they will merely shift the percent where the guaranteed combos will work.

I am only interested in guaranteed followups out of D-throw. Therefore I will not be mentioning any punishes you could potentially get out of reads. You can figure that stuff out for yourself.

You'll notice that beside the name of each character there is a rating out of 5 as well as an indication as to what the FAF (first actionable frame) out of D-throw is. The rating is a rough estimate to let you know how good/bad D-throw is in that particular MU (without Platform Drop options being a factor). So a 5/5 means they get destroyed, and a 0/5 means that nothing is ever guaranteed. The FAF gives you an indication of when you will need to input your actions out of D-throw without having to guess. The FAF will change of course depending on the weight of the character being thrown.

Inside the spoiler for each character you will find another spoiler which contains a less detailed list of guaranteed follow-ups and advised follow-ups [work in progress]. The advised follow-ups will be what I believe should be used in a more practical sense, and it will assume opponent miss-inputs where what is required is e.g a frame perfect DJ airdodge. I will advise to go for FH Uairs even when they are not strictly guaranteed and you have to follow DI and get the late hit of Uair. Aerial Up-B is a tricky one because it does great damage but it is less reliable, so it will be less advised, even if it is technically guaranteed.
Use the second spoiler merely as a quick reference and feel free to make your own minds up about what options you will use given the information provided.

Keep in mind that each percent given represents a segment, so 10% to 20% doesn't necessarily just mean 10%, 11% .... 19% and 20%, it could in fact, for all you know, mean 1% to 29%, but a more prudent estimate would be 5% to 25%. So bare that in mind.

Note that for the sake of keeping things concise, if I don't mention it, assume it isn't an option for one reason or another.

I have assumed frame perfect inputs taking advantage of buffering from both players, but at the same time, in places, especially where there is no buffer window, I have been realistic and specifically mentioned that something needs to be frame perfect to emphasise the fact that mistakes can be made.

Recently I added Sourspot Uair stuff. Just note that because the point of this follow-up is to force and airdodge then outlast the airdodge with your Uair, sometimes you will actually need to delay the Uair at higher percents, otherwise it won't outlast the airdodge.

Shout-out to @Stryker95 for labbing out the SHUFF percents against the rest of the cast.
Please note that with the SHUFF I will only list it as working if you have a guaranteed follow-up such as Jab which you need at least 7 frames for. This is because some characters begin to be forced to airdodge the SH Uair at percents where you end up having a greater frame advantage than 7, but for some you will have less at the beginning. For more detailed SHUFF information including where you can get a guaranteed re-grab follow-up among other things, see here https://smashboards.com/threads/lin...-found-in-the-op.379659/page-50#post-21581626

Bayonetta: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
20% to 30%: U-tilt.
30%: U-smash.
40% to 80%: Platform Drop Up-B
50% to 90%: FH Nair.
70% to 90%: Aerial Up-B.

Recommended:
0%: Don't use D-throw unless you want to shield and see what they do.
10%: U-tilt, otherwise go for a read.
20%: U-tilt. U-smash if you don't think they'll DI away.
40%: U-smash if you don't think they'll DI away.
50% to 90%: FH Nair.
Bayonetta is a difficult character to talk about combos with because of 'Bat Within' ('BW'). When Bayonetta goes to airdodge (i.e. the only currently relevant move that will activate BW) she has invulnerability starting on frame 5, which is super bad. If however she gets hit on frame 1 to 4 it will activate BW. Technically this counts as a hit, and therefore a combo, it's just that there will be reduced damage and you wont cause any hitlag/hitstun/knockback, so I won't be saying that Bayonetta 'avoids' something if BW is activated. It then becomes a question of who regains control first and whether or not you're ok with that outcome.

0%: Bayonetta can airdodge or DJ airdodge to activate BW if you U-tilt, otherwise she can Up-B you before U-tilt hits. She can avoid U-smash by doing a DJ airdodge or by using Up-B.
If Bayonetta airdodges to avoid U-tilt you will be able to act 4 frames sooner than her (i.e. you'll have a 4 frame advantage).
If Bayonetta DJ airdodges to avoid U-tilt she has a 5 frame advantage.

10%: If Bayonetta DIs behind Link she can barely airdodge and activate BW if you U-tilt, giving you a 4 frame advantage. If Bayonetta DIs either away in front or behind Link and airdodges she will activate BW against the first hit of U-smash and avoid the second and third hits giving her a huge frame advantage.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. If Bayonetta DIs away in front of Link and airdodges she can activate BW against U-smash.

30%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. If Link tries to Dash forwards before U-smashing, BW can be activated by airdodging.
Platform Drop Up-B works.

50%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable.

60%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range.

70%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option and U-smash is out of range.

80%: As above.

90%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

100%: FH Nair can be avoided. An airdodge can activate BW against Aerial Up-B.

Beyond, it's not worth going for anything.

Bowser: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 61.
Guaranteed:
Nothing.

Recommended:
20% to 60%: U-tilt to at least force a DJ, or just don't D-throw.
80% to beyond: FH Uairs, though be wary of ballsy Dairs and Down-B's even if you have lagless landings. Otherwise don't D-throw.
0%: Bowser can airdodge or DJ to avoid U-tilt. U-smash will catch airdodge but not DJ.

10%: As above; Bowser can simply DJ to avoid everything.

20%: As above.

30%: As above.

40%: As above.

50%: As above.

60%: Bowser can no longer avoid U-tilt with airdodge unless he DIs behind Link, but can still avoid U-tilt and U-smash with DJ.

70%: U-tilt is out of range. So lol, D-throw to U-tilt never works on Bowser. And DJ still avoids U-smash, and it also avoids FH Nair. Platform Drop Through to Up-B can always be airdodged.

80%: You may as well start going for U-airs. Nothing is guaranteed. Bowser can DJ or Airdodge to avoid it, but FH U-air autocancels so it's pretty safe. Depending on whether Bowser DJ's or airdodges will depend on whether you want to FH Uair or DJ Uair.

90%: As above.

100%: As above.

Beyond, as above. It doesn't get any better. Bowser is thoroughly immune.

Bowser Jr.: Rating = 0.5/5. FAF = 57.
Guaranteed:
(50% to 70%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
80% to 90%: FH Nair.
89% to 111%: SHUFF.
120% to 130%: Sourspot FH Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 50%: U-tilt. (U-smash if you note that he's not DIing behind you)
70% to 90%: FH Nair.
91% to 111%: SHUFF.
120% to 140%: Sourspot FH Uair.
0%: Bowser Jr. ('BJ') can airdodge or DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt. U-smash will catch airdodge (because of the third strike) but not DJ.

10%: As above except that U-smash will now catch both airdodge and DJ. In order to escape the U-smash BJ must DJ and immediately airdodge or DI the D-throw behind Link and DJ away.

20%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are now only avoidable if BJ DI's the D-throw behind Link.

50%: As above except Platform Drop To Up B works.

60%: As above except that BJ can avoid U-tilt by DIing anywhere away from Link.

70%: As above except that U-tilt is now out of range even with no DI. FH Nair is now only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJing.

80%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works, U-smash is now out of range, and FH Nair is now unavoidable.

89%: SHUFF works.

100%: Nair is avoidable. Technically FH immediate Aerial Up-B is a thing.

112%: SHUFF no longer works.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, though it can work as low as 100.

130%: As above.

140%: Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing but only if Link was facing left (z-axis interaction). In any case, it will stop working beyond this.

Captain Falcon: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 56.
Guaranteed:
0% to 10%: Jabs.
30% to 50%: U-tilt.
40% to 50%: U-smash.
(40% to 90%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
60% to 80%: (Dash) U-smash.
60% to 100%: FH Nair.
80% to 90%: Aerial Up-B.
85% to 118%: SHUFF.
120% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 10%: Jabs.
20% to 50%: U-smash.
60% to 80%: (Dash) U-smash.
0%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DJ airdodge frame perfectly, which is why Jab is unavoidable.

10%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to airdodge into the ground, but Jab is still unavoidable.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge. Jab can be avoided by DIing behind Link too. (If they DI behind you, B-revered Up-B is unavoidable, though whether you want to go for it is up to you).
The only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link then DJ airdodge.

30%: As above except U-tilt is unavoidable.

40%: As above except U-smash is now also unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes in for a frame or two first.

70%: As above.

80%: As above except that Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, though again, U-smash can still work if Link dashes for a frame or two in the direction of the DI.

85%: SHUFF works.

90%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range, and Dash to U-smash no longer works for following DI away.

100%: As above except U-smash is now out of range, and Aerial Up-B no longer works.
Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

110%: FH Nair no longer works.

119%: SHUFF no longer works.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI. Just note that you'll have to dash in first if he DI's away.

140%: As above.

150%: As above.

160%: As above.

170% Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing.

Charizard: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 59.
Guaranteed:
(60%: Platform Drop Up-B.)

Recommended:
0% to 10%: Don't D-throw.
20% to 60%: U-tilt or attempt to punish DJ.
100% and beyond: FH Uair when Charizard doesn't DI away.
0%: Charizard can airdodge or simply DJ to avoid U-tilt, but then he can also take the hit with the super-armor of Up-B or Down-B and then inflict more damage on you than you did to him.

10%: As above.

20%: As above except Down-B will not help Charizard avoid U-tilt any more and Up-B will no longer hit Link.

30%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link then DJing away or airdodging, or by DIing in front and away from Link then DJing.

40%: As above except Charizard can also avoid U-tilt be DIing away in front of Link then airdodging.

50%: As above except Charizard can also avoid U-tilt be merely DIing the D-throw away in front of Link.

60%: As above except Charizard can also avoid U-tilt be merely DIing the D-throw behind Link.

70%: U-tilt is out of range and Platform Drop Up-B no longer works. Nothing works.

Beyond, nothing works, but at around 100% you may as well go for FH Uairs. Charizard can avoid it entirely by DIing away then DJing away, but without DI if Charizard airdodges his airdodge will end before he lands allowing us to hit him with the long-lasting hitbox of Uair.

Cloud: FAF = 55.
Without Limit Charged: Rating = 3/5.
With Limit Charged: Rating = 4/5.
Without Limit Charged:
Guaranteed:
20% to 50%: U-tilt.
(40% to 80%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
60%: U-smash.
70% to 80%: (Dash) U-smash.
78% to 108%: SHUFF.
110% to 170%: (Dash) Sourspot FH Uair.
180%: (Dash) Sourspot DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 50%: U-tilt.
81% to 108%: SHUFF.
110% to 170%: (Dash) Sourspot FH Uair.
180%: (Dash) Sourspot DJ Uair.

With Limit Charged:
Guaranteed:
20% to 60%: U-tilt.
40% to 60%: U-smash.
60% to 90%: FH Nair.
70% to 90%: (Dash) U-smash.
80% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
88% to 121%: SHUFF.
130% to 180%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
190%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 20%: U-tilt.
30% to 60%: U-smash.
70% to 90%: (Dash) U-smash.
91% to 121%: SHUFF.
Without Limit Charged:
0%: Cloud can avoid U-tilt by using airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: Cloud must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he must airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

40%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works.

50%: As above. Cloud can still completely avoid U-smash be DIing behind Link and simply DJing.

60%: U-smash and FH Nair are unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

70%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make it work if you dash forwards for a frame or two before doing U-smash.

78%: SHUFF works.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except U-smash is also out of range.

100%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B can be airdodged.

109%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you will need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

120%: As above.

170%: As above.

180%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

190%: DJ Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away.

With Limit Charged:
0%: Cloud must DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt; if he just airdodges he'll land while U-tilt's hitbox is still out and get hit regardless of DI. Obviously DJ by itself won't work, and Limit Climhazard's intangability comes out too slow.

10%: Cloud must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he must airdodge or DJ airdodge.

30%: As above except the only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and DJ airdodge.

60%: As above except now FH Nair is also unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make U-smash work if you dash forwards for a frame or two first.

80%: As above except Aerial Up-special is now an option.

88%: SHUFF works.

90%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

100%: As above except U-smash is also out of range and FH Nair no longer works.

110%: Aerial Up-special no longer works.

122%: SHUFF no longer works.

130%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you will need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

180%: As above.

190%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

200%: DJ Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away.

Corrin: Rating = 3/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
40% to 50%: U-smash.
(40% to 70%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
60% to 70%: (Dash) U-smash.
70% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
77% to 103%: SHUFF.
110% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
170%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
10% to 20%: U-tilt.
30% to 50%: U-smash.
77% to 103%: SHUFF.
0%: Corrin can avoid U-tilt by using airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Corrin must DI behind Link and airdodge or do a frame perfect DJ airdodge.

30%: As above except U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJ airdodging.

34%: Note that Corrin will be able to DI away and airdodge to avoid U-smash at this specific percent. At 33 and 35% it will not work and no other DI is relevant.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but Link can still make it work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two before using U-smash.

70%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option and U-tilt is out of range.

77%: SHUFF works.

80%: As above except U-smash is also out of range.

100%: FH Nair no longer works.

104%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Aerial Up-B no longer works. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, though you will need to dash forwards to follow DI if they DI away.

170%: FH Sourspot Uair will stop working, but you can keep making Sourspot Uair technically unavoidable if you do a quick DJ Uair, still dashing forwards slightly if they DI away, and still forcing them to airdodge then following their DI.

180%: DJ Sourspot Uair stops working.

Diddy: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
50% to 80%: FH Nair.
75% to 103%: SHUFF.
110%: Sourspot FH Uair.
170% to 190%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 10%: U-tilt.
75% to 103%: SHUFF.
170% to 190%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: The only way for Diddy to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then immediately airdodge. DJ will get hit and airdodge will avoid it initially but then get hit by the latter frames of U-tilt when Diddy lands. Trying to hit Link with an aerial is too slow.

10%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing the D-throw behind Link and airdodging into the ground. We cannot punish the airdodge into the ground if it was used to dodge an U-tilt.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing away and airdodging or DIing behind Link and DJing then immediately airdodging.

30%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

50%: As above except FH Nair is now also unavoidable regardless of DI. Also FH Bair is only avoidable if Diddy DI's away in front of Link, which can then combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair.

60%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can now be avoided by DIing the D-throw away or behind Link (unless Link dashes briefly before the U-smash).

70%: As above except that FH immediate Aerial Up-B is unavoidable now too. FH Bair is still possible, but it now needs to be delayed slightly, not buffered out of the jump-squat frames, only now nothing combos out of it.

75%: SHUFF works.

80%: As above except U-tilt is now completely out of range, and U-smash hits at the very tip, causing the opponent to be able to escape, so consider it out of range from this point onward as well. Nair, Bair and Up-B work, all of which should be delayed slightly to hit the higher opponent.

90%: As above except Nair and Platform Drop Up-B no longer work.

100%: Bair no longer works. Up-B is guaranteed still.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge.

120%: As above except you'll need to dash in for a frame or two if Diddy DI's away to get the Sourspot Uair.

170%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to get the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

190%: As above.

200%: DJ Sourspot Uair will no longer work.

Donkey Kong: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 60.
Guaranteed:
40% to 60%: U-tilt.
(50% to 90%: Platform Drop Up-B.
70%: U-smash.
90%: Aerial Up-B.
150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
70% to 90%: Nair.
150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: DK can airdodge or DJ to avoid U-tilt.

20%: DK can DJ to avoid U-tilt, but with no DI airdodge will not work.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is unavoidable in its entirety with no DI (airdodge and Up-B can avoid the first hit), but can be avoided if the D-throw is DI'd behind Link.

50%: As above except the first swing of U-smash cannot be avoided anymore where there is no DI, though the move can still be avoided by DIing behind Link.
Also Platform Drop Up-B works.

60%: As above.

70%: U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable regardless of DI, and U-tilt can be avoided by DIing the D-throw away either in front or behind Link.

80%: U-tilt is out of range, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away from Link (dashing forwards briefly will not help). FH Nair is still unavoidable if you follow the DI though

90%: As above only now U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now technically a thing.

100%: Nair and Up-B can be avoided with DI away. Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge.

150%: As above except you'll need to dash in for a frame or two if DK DI's away to get the Sourspot Uair.

160%: Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing way and DJing.

Dr. Mario: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
30% to 40%: U-tilt.
(40% to 60%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
77% to 91%: SHUFF.
100% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
150% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Don't D-throw.
10% to 50%: U-tilt.
60% to 70%: FH Nair.
77% to 91%: SHUFF.
0%: Doc Nair or Up-B us before we can U-tilt him, otherwise he can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid it.

10%: Doc must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can reverse Up-B, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Doc can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around).

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt is out of range.

70%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

90%: FH Nair no longer works.

91%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge. You will need to dash in for a frame or two if they DI away.

110%: As above.

150%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to get the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

170%: DJ Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing.

Duck Hunt: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
40% to 50%: U-tilt avoiding the Can.
50%: U-smash.
74% to 97%: SHUFF.
110% to 130%: Sourspot FH Uair.
140% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
160% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
Not worried about the Can?:
Worried about the Can?:
30% to 50% U-tilt.
74% to 97%: SHUFF.
140% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: DHD can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging. DHD also has the option of spawning the Can, but then this won't avoid U-tilt and will just cause both players to be damaged by the explosion as you hit it into DHD. This would only be worth it for DHD if Link was on a higher percent such that DHD gains a significant enough frame advantage. Note also that DHD can spawn a Can in between the hits of U-smash.

10%: DHD can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging. DHD must DI behind Link in order to spawn the Can.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. Though the Can will not help DHD avoid U-tilt, it is still an option if DHD DI's behind Link.

30%: As above except U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and doing a frame perfect DJ to airdodge. (Naturally the Can can be spawned as well.)

40%: It is no longer possible to spawn the Can by DIing behind Link before U-tilt hits. U-smash can now be avoided by DIing behind Link and simply DJing away.

50%: As above except U-smash is now unavoidable (and the Can cannot be spawned). Also FH Nair (and Bair if DHD doesn't DI away, though nothing combos out of it) are unavoidable, but the Can can be spawned.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either in front of or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. FH Bair no longer works. FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing to either side.

74%: SHUFF works.

80%: As above except U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Nair is no longer an option.

98%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge.

140%: As above except to force the airododge and get the Sourspot Uair you will need to dash in slightly if they DI away, otherwise they can DJ out.

160%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

180%: DJ Sourspot Uair will stop working.

Falco: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
0% to 40%: U-tilt.
20% to 40%: U-smash.
(30% to 70%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
40% to 80%: FH Nair.
50% to 60%: (Dash) U-smash.
60% to 80%: Aerial Up-B.
63% to 93% SHUFF.
70%: FH Uair.
150% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 40%: U-smash.
63% to 93% SHUFF.
0%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

20%: As above except U-smash is now also unavoidable.

30%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works.

40%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable too, and FH Bair is a thing and can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair hits with Falco inside Link (e.g. if there was no DI and you just jump straight up).

50%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two before doing U-smash. Link can no longer combo out of Bair effectively.

60%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well, though again as before, Link can dash in the direction of the DI and still get the U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

63%: SHUFF works.

70%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. Also FH Uair is now unavoidable. FH Bair in no longer a thing.

80%: As above except FH Uair can be avoided by DIing away from Link (Dashing in first won't help).

90%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

94%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: As above except Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge; you will need to dash forwards briefly if they DI the D-throw away.

150%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

180%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Fox: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
0%: B-reversed Grounded Up-B.
0%: Turn around Jab.
0% to 8%: SH, Z-catch, footstool, down-throw, re-footstool, Nair, FF, Nair Lock.
10% to 30%: U-tilt.
(20% to 70%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
40% to 60%: (Dash) U-smash.
56% to 87% SHUFF.
70% to 100%: FH (Dash) Uair.
(70% to 100%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
150%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Nair Lock if a Bomb is at your feet, B-reversed Up-B if it will hit them off-stage, otherwise try Turn around Jab or don't D-throw.
10% to 40%: U-smash.
61% to 87% SHUFF.
88% to 100%: FH (Dash) Uair.
0%: Fox lands behind Link and can shield any attack except for a B-reversed Grounded Up-B, or a frame perfect Turn Around Jab. (To help with the later, try holding backwards after the D-throw and timing the Jab input by hitting the A-stick diagonally.)
However if you are near a bomb on the ground, you can also SH, buffer a Z-catch during your jumpsquat frames, immediately do a grounded footstool and throw the bomb down, re-footstool, Nair lock. This will work up until 8%.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable. The only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and do a frame perfect DJ airdodge.

20%: As above except U-smash is now also unavoidable.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but Link can Dash forwards and U-smash which will still easily work. FH Nair is now unavoidable, and FH Bair is a thing but it won't combo.

56%: SHUFF works.

60%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well; as with before though, Link can dash in the direction of the DI and still get the U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option, but it doesn't connect well into the last hit, so not worth it.

70%: As above except that U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. FH Uair can be unavoidable if you're perfect enough even if Fox DI's away from Link and airdodges (requires you to Dash forwards for one frame only to follow DI away).
Platform Drop DJ Fair works.

80%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

87%: SHUFF no longer works.

90%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

100%: As above except Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable if you are slightly off your timing when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge; you will still need to dash forwards briefly if they DI the D-throw away.
Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

110%: FH initial hit Uair can now be avoided by DIing away and airdodging even if you only dash forwards for a single frame.

150%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

160%: DJ Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing.

Ganon: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 58.
Guaranteed:
20% to 40%: U-tilt.
120% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
11% to 19%: Beware of DJ away Down-B beating U-tilt, in which case try counter it with FH Fair.
80% to 100%: Aerial Up-B if you want to risk it.
0%: The only way for Ganon to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then airdodge. U-smash can be avoided in the same way or by hitting Link with Uair.

10%: As above except just airdodge will avoid U-tilt as well now.

11% to 19%: Ganon can avoid U-tilt by DIing away and DJing, and he can then punish an U-tilt attempt with Down-B. If you know this will happen, counter with a buffered FH Fair jumping forwards.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI.

40%: As above except U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

60%: As above except FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and DJing.

70%: As above except FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing away from or behind Link and DJing away. Also U-tilt is now out of range.

80%: As above except U-smash is now out of range. Aerial Up-B is an option now; unlike FH Nair, immediate Aerial Up-B cannot be escaped by DIing away and DJing away, but as always the timing is strict due to there being no bufferable window like with FH Nair in the jump-squat frames and so you risk it being avoided by airdodge. If you get it right however, at this stage it is the only thing that is guaranteed.

90%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works

100%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged.

110%: Nothing works reliably.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge; you will still need to dash forwards briefly if they DI the D-throw away.

150%: Sourspot Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing.

Greninja: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
30%: U-tilt.
90% to 120%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 9%: Punish scrubby Shadow Sneak attempts, or if a bomb is at your feet, SH Z-catch, grounded footstool, Down-throw, re-footstool, Nair, FF, Nair Lock.
10% to 30/40%: U-tilt.
0%: Greninja will land and be able to shield any follow ups.
However if you are near a bomb on the ground, you can also SH, buffer a Z-catch during your jumpsquat frames, immediately do a grounded footstool and throw the bomb down, re-footstool, Nair lock. This will work up until 9%.

Note that Greninja is a strange one due to being able to use shadow sneak during non-tumble hitstun i.e. in this case as soon as he is thrown between 0 and 9%. While it will always allow Greninja to avoid the first follow up, he will then be leaving himself open to another follow up.

10%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing behind Link, at which point either airdodge or just DJ away will work.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link.

80%: FH Nair is no longer an option. Nothing works.

90%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge; you will still need to dash forwards briefly if they DI the D-throw away.

130%: Sourspot Uair stops working reliably if they DI away and DJ.

Ike: Rating = 3.5/5. FAF = 57.
Guaranteed:
30% to 60%: U-tilt.
50% to 60%: U-smash.
(50% to 80%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
170%: Sourspot (Dash) Uair.

Recommended:
170%: Sourspot (Dash) Uair.
0%: Ike can avoid U-tilt by simply DJing.

10%: Ike can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge.

40%: As above except the only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and DJ immediate airdodge.

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable.

70%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range, U-smash can be avoided by DIing to either side, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except U-smash is also out of range.

100%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work. Nothing works.

110%: Nothing works reliably.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge; you will still need to dash forwards briefly if they DI the D-throw away.

170%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

180%: DJ Sourspot Uair will stop working.

Jigglypuff: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 49.
Guaranteed:
10% to 50%: FH Nair.
40% to 100%: FH Uair.
(50% to 60%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
110% to 140%: Sourspot DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0%: U-tilt.
10% to 30%: FH Nair.
40% to 100%: FH Uair.
110% to 140%: Sourspot DJ Uair.

10%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable, but the hits don't connect well, and FH Nair is unavoidable.

30%: As above except U-tilt is out of range. Aerial Up-B is a thing but the hits don't connect well.

40%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable. Also U-smash is out of range.

50%: As above. Platform Drop DJ Fair works.

60%: As above except FH Nair and Aerial Up-B are no longer things.

70%: As above. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

110%: FH Uair is out of range. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a DJ Uair and follow DI after airdodge.

140%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

King Dedede: Rating = 3/5. FAF = 59.
Guaranteed:
30% to 70%: U-tilt.
(50% to 100%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
70%: U-smash.
70% to 80%: FH Nair.
90% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
118% to 152%: SHUFF.
150% to 170%: Sourspot FH Uair.
180% to 200%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
210% to 220%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
30% to 70%: U-smash.
80%: FH Nair.
90% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
118% to 152%: SHUFF.
150% to 170%: Sourspot FH Uair.
180% to 200%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
210% to 220%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: DDD can avoid U-tilt and U-smash by DJ immediate airdodging. (If DDD tries to airdodge he will land and get hit by U-tilt.)

10%: As above except DDD's Nair will trade with U-smash.

20%: As above except Nair will not trade and U-tilt can be avoided by simply airdodging.

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable and U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link then doing a frame perfect DJ airdodge.

50%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works.

70%: As above except U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable. FH Bair also works and it can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair is used inside DDD.

80%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

90%: As above except U-smash and Nair can also be avoided by DIing behind Link. Also Aerial Up-B is an option now.

100%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and FH Bair is no longer a thing.

110%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too and Aerial Up-B no longer works.

118%: SHUFF works.

150%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI after airdodge.

153%: SHUFF no longer works.

180%: As above except you will need to dash forwards for a frame or two in order to force the airdodge and make the Sourspot Uair still unavoidable if the DI away.

200%: As above.

210%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

220%: As above.

230%: DJ Sourspot Uair stops working.

Kirby: Rating = 5/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
0% to 30%: U-tilt.
10% to 30%: U-smash.
(10% to 40%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
30% to 50%: FH Nair.
45% to 55%: SHUFF.
50% to 70%: Aerial Up-B.
60% to 110%: FH Uair.
(70%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
120% to 140%: Sourspot DJ Uair.

Recommended:
40%: FH Nair.
45% to 55%: SHUFF.

10%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

30%: As above except now FH Nair is also unavoidable.

40%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by simply DIing the D-throw away in front or behind Link.

45%: SHUFF works.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

56%: SHUFF no longer works.

60%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable now and FH Nair can be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: As above. Platform Drop DJ Fair works.

80%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works as Kirby can avoid it by DIing behind.

120%: FH Uair can be avoided. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a DJ Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

150%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Link: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 56.
Guaranteed:
70%: Dash U-smash.
79% to 103%: SHUFF.
80%: Aerial Up-B.

Recommended:
70%: Dash U-smash.
79% to 103%: SHUFF.
0%: Dark Link can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, and airdodge. The airdodge into the ground cannot be punished if it was used to avoid an U-tilt.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link

30%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJing.

40%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works

60%: U-smash is now unavoidable, but note that if the opponent doesn't DI the D-throw, the second swing of U-smash will miss if you buffer it, so you'd need to slightly delay the U-smash if they didn't DI. FH Bair can only be avoided by DIing away infront of Link while FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away or behind Link.

70%: As above except now U-smash is avoidable by DIing away or behind Link if Link doesn't Dash in the direction of Dark Link's DI briefly first.

79%: SHUFF works.

80%: As above except now U-tilt and U-smash are out of range (U-smash can barely nick with the tip of the first swing but then they'll escape). Also Aerial Up-B is unavoidable. And Bair no longer works.

90%: Nair and Up-B stop working.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you will need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

170%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Little Mac: Rating = 5/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
(30% to 80%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
60% to 100%: Aerial Up-B.
70% to 90%: FH Uair.
75% to 104%: SHUFF.
110% to 120%: Sourspot FH Uair.
130% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
170% to 180%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Don't use D-throw.
10% to 50%: U-smash.
60% to 70%: Dash U-smash.
80% FH Uair.
84% to 104%: SHUFF.
110% to 120%: Sourspot FH Uair.
130% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Mac can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, airdodge, Nair, or Up-B.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is barely unavoidable but only if Mac DI's behind Link then DJ's and immediately airdodges.

30%: As above except now U-smash is also unavoidable.

40%: As above except now FH Nair is also unavoidable. FH Bair is only avoidable by DIing away from link in front of him, and it will combo into DJ Bair or Aerial Up-B for big damage.

50%: As above except you won't be comboing out of Bair anymore.

60%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front and behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing in front of Link if Link doesn't dash forwards slightly first. Also Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable.

70%: As above except now FH Uair is unavoidable. Also you need to delay Bair slightly if you want it to hit.

80%: As above except now U-tilt and U-smash are now out of range.

90%: As above except Bair and Nair won't work.
Also Platform Drop Up-B stops working.

100%: As above except FH Uair can be avoided if they DI away and airdodge as you will be forced to spend at least one frame dashing forwards to reach them.

105%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Aerial Up-B stops working. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge. (If they don't DI away, the initial hit of Uair can still connect.)

130%: As above except you will need to dash forwards for a little if they DI away.

190%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Lucario: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
(50% to 90%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
85% to 106%: SHUFF.
110% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
180% to 190%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
80%: FH Nair.
85% to 106%: SHUFF.
110% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Lucario can DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt entirely. Alternatively, he can Dair us or airdodge.

10%: As above except that Dair will no longer help Lucario avoid U-tilt and Lucario can no longer simply DJ out, but must DJ airdodge (or airdodge).

20%: Lucario can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging into the ground.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. U-smash can now only be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but then this can be covered by dashing forwards for a frame or two then using U-smash to make it unavoidable.

70%: As above except Lucario can DI behind Link to avoid U-tilt and U-smash, but U-smash can still work if Link follows their DI and dashes towards them. FH Nair is unavoidable.

80%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range. Also, Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

100%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

107%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

180%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

200%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Lucas: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
(30% to 60%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
80% to 90%: FH Uair.

Recommended:
10% to 40%: U-tilt.
50% to 70%: FH Nair.
0%: Lucas can avoid U-tilt with airdodge, DJ airdodge, or just by DJing behind Link.

10%: Lucas must DI behind Link and airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point if he continues to DI away we get no follow-up.

50%: FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

60%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

80%: FH Nair is no longer an option. FH Uair is unavoidable.

100%: FH Uair can avoided by DIing away from Link and airdodging, and we cannot punish the airdodge.

Beyond, as above.

Luigi: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
(40% to 50%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
90% to 110%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
120%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
120%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: Luigi can Nair you to trade with U-tilt or he can avoid the U-tilt with airdodge or DJ.

10%: Luigi can avoid U-tilt only by airdodging with no DI, otherwise he can DI behind Link and DJ away.

20%: Avoiding U-tilt is only possible if Luigi DI's behind Link.

40%: As above except Platform Drop Through Up-B works.

50%: As above except even with no DI U-tilt won't work.

60%: Platform Drop Through to Up-B stops working.

70% Start attempting SH/FH U-airs, but they are not guaranteed as he can do DJ airdodge or even Nair if you get too close.

90%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

120%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

130%: DJ Uair no longer works.

Mario: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
77% to 90%: SHUFF.

Recommended:
0% to 20%: Don't D-throw.
77% to 90%: SHUFF.
0%: Opponent DI does nothing.
Mario can Nair or Up-B you before you can do any attacks. You get nothing guaranteed.
Dash away or shield or don't d-throw at all.

10%: From this point DI is a thing.
With no DI, Mario's Nair, Up-B, airdodge and DJ will come out, but they will not be quick enough to stop Link from getting an U-tilt.
DIing away from Link (i.e. in the direction Link is facing) only makes matters worse for Mario.
DIing behind Link will allow Mario to airdodge U-tilt or B-reverse an Up-B to hit Link. Turning around to U-tilt in this case will only help if you are literally frame perfect, so I won't be bothering much with that sort of thing.

30%: As above except that DIing behind Link will no longer help to avoid U-tilt even if Link doesn't turn around.

40%: As above except that U-smash is now unavoidable in most scenarios whereas before Mario could Nair and trade.
Mario can avoid U-smash by DIing behind Link and airdodging or DJing, assuming that Link doesn't turn around U-smash, in which case only DJ will help.
Also Platform Drop Through to Aerial Up-B is unavoidable.

50%: As above except that U-tilt will stop working if Mario DI's away and DJ's, and U-smash will stop working too if you don't dash forwards slightly to follow the DI.

60%: As above except that U-tilt will not work, and U-smash will not work if Mario DI's upwards. However FH Nair works except when the opponent DI's behind Link and airdodges.

70%: Platform Drop Through Up-B stops working. Nothing except FH Nair works as indicated above.

80%: FH to immediate aerial Up-B works though you have to be very precise otherwise Mario can airdodge. Mario's Nair trades with our FH Nair.

90%: FH immediate aerial Up-B still works.

91%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

170%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Marth/Lucina ('Lucitha'): Rating = 3.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
60% to 80%: FH Nair.
66% to 96%: SHUFF.
100% to 110%: Sourspot FH Uair.
120% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
10%: U-tilt.
60%: FH Nair.
66% to 96%: SHUFF.
0%: Lucitha can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and using Dolphin Slash (in the air it is intangible from frame 1), but it won't hit Link and so unless Lucitha is under e.g. the middle BF platform, this option will not be taken. Be aware however that it is an option and so instead of an U-tilt you may read the DS to the platform and get an Uair instead.

20%: As above except the only way for Lucitha to avoid U-smash now is to use Dolphin Slash which again will not hit Link.

30%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable and Lucitha must DI behind Link in order for DS to avoid U-smash.

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable. FH Nair can only be avoided by DS, but it hits us so not worth it.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of or behind Link and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. FH Nair is now unavoidable.

66%: SHUFF works.

70%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link too.

80%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Uair is only avoidable by DIing away from Link and airdodging which will barely avoid the Uair if Link Dashes forwards for a frame or two before the FH Uair (otherwise Lucitha is simply out of range). FH Nair can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

97%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: As above except Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

110%: As above except Aerial Up-B doesn't work.

120%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards if they DI away to force the airdodge and guarantee the FH Sourspot Uair.

160%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Mega Man: Rating = 3/5. FAF = 56.
Guaranteed:
120% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
120% to 170%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DJ immediate airdodge.

10%: MM must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

40%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works. MM must DI behind Link and DJ airdodge to avoid U-smash.

50%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: As above except FH Nair is also unavoidable.

70%: As above except Aerial Up-B is an option. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but then U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes in for one or two frames first.

80%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, but as before, if Link dashes in the direction of the DI for one to two frames U-smash is still unavoidable.

90%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

100%: FH Nair no longer works and Aerial Up-B must be frame perfect so forget that too.

119%: SHUFF no longer works.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you will need to dash in for a frame or two if they DI away.

200%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Meta Knight: Rating = 4.5/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
62% to 84%: SHUFF.
70% to 100%: FH Uair.
110% to 140%: Sourspot FH Uair.

Recommended:
10% to 60%: U-smash.
85% to 100%: FH Uair.
110% to 140%: Sourspot FH Uair.
0%: MK can only avoid U-tilt by airdodging. MK can avoid U-smash by trading with Dair or it can do a frame perfect DJ airdodge away from Link.

10%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is by DIing behind Link and airdodging. The only way to avoid U-smash is to DI behind Link and DJ airdodge.

20%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable.

30%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

40%: As above except FH Nair is also unavoidable, and FH Bair is a thing which can be comboed into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair.

50%: As above except Bair will no longer combo.

60%: As above except U-tilt no longer works and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

62%: SHUFF works.

70%: As above except FH Uair is unavoidable, Aerial Up-B is now an option, U-smash is out of range, and FH Bair no longer works.

85%: SHUFF no longer works.

90%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

100%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works. FH Uair is still unavoidable.

110%: FH Uairs can be avoided by DIing away from Link. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

150%: FH Uair will no longer reach so you'll have to do a DJ Uair and you'll have to dash in for a frame or two if they DI away to ensure the Sourspot Uair.

Mewtwo: Rating = 5/5. FAF = 50.
Guaranteed:
0%: Grounded Up-B.
0% to 30%: U-smash.
(20% to 50%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
30% to 70%: FH Nair.
40% to 50%: (Dash) U-smash.
60% to 70%: FH Uair.
60% to 90%: Aerial Up-B.
(70% to 90%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
80% to 110%: (1 frame Dash only) FH Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 30%: U-smash.
40% to 50%: Dash U-smash.
60% to 70%: FH Uair.
80% to 110%: (1 frame Dash) FH Uair.
0%: U-tilt, Grounded Up-B, and the last two hits of U-smash are unavoidable.

10%: As above except Grounded Up-B is no longer unavoidable and U-smash is completely unavoidable.

20%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works.

30%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable and U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. Also FH Bair to Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair works.

40%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two first. Also FH Bair no longer works.

50%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

60%: As above FH Uair is unavoidable, U-smash is out of range, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: FH Nair no longer works. FH Uair can be avoided by DIing the D-throw away then airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging only, though if you dash forwards for a frame only, FH Uair is still unavoidable. If you dash forwards for two frames though, Mewtwo will be able to airdodge then can drift behind you to avoid the Sourspot Uair.

100%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

120%: FH Uair no longer works.

Mii Brawler: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
60%: (Dash) U-smash.
78% to 107%: SHUFF.
160% to 180%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Don't use D-throw.
78% to 107%: SHUFF.
110% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Brawler can avoid U-tilt by using Nair, airdodge, DJ airdodge, or by simply DJing behind Link.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Brawler must DI behind Link and airdodge or do a frame perfect DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

60%: FH Nair can be avoided by DIing behind. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. U-smash will start to work, but it can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though you can still make it work if you dash forwards for a frame or two.

70%: FH Nair is unavoidable. As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

80%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except Aerial Up-B and FH Nair no longer work.

108%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair not yet reliable enough.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

Mii Gunner: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
86%: SHUFF.
100%: Sourspot FH Uair.
110%: to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
150% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
110%: to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
150% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Gunner can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ airdodging.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Gunner must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can get a guaranteed Grounded Up-B.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging. U-tilt is out of range.

80%: FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

86%: SHUFF works.

87%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

110%: As above except you'll have to dash forwards for a frame or two to force the airdodge and ensure the FH Sourspot Uair.

170%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works

Mii Sword: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
78% to 101%: SHUFF.

Recommended:
60% to 77%: FH Nair.
78% to 101%: SHUFF.
0%: Sword can avoid U-tilt by airdodging, DJ airdodging, or just DJing behind Link.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Sword must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airodge.

20%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

102%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

Mr. Game & Watch: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
(30% to 40%: Platform Drop Up-B.)

Recommended:
40%: FH Nair.
0%: GW can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge, and airdodge. If GW airdodges into the ground, this can be punished with a turn around U-tilt (if you don't turn around it can be powershielded) or even better you can just buffer a grounded Up-B without needing to turn it around.
Technically it can also be avoided with Oil Panic but it won't hit Link so whatever. Because GW has Oil Panic which is a frame 2 move than is invulnerable from frame 1 through to 6, it is especially important to only go for guaranteed follow ups when GW has it fully charged, otherwise don't use options that need to get in his face. I will not mention it again because I refuse to fill it up every time I test something.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash is almost unavoidable too in that U-smash will catch DJ and the third strike will hit an airdodge attempt unless GW DI's behind Link.

20%: As above except that DIing behind Link will not help avoid the U-smash anymore.

30%: As above except now the first hit of U-smash is completely unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

40%: U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link, and FH Bair is possible if they don't DI away in front of Link.

50%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works. Nothing is guaranteed. May as well go for Uair as GW can only avoid it with airdodge.

70%: FH Uair (A-stick up during the jump-squat frames) is unavoidable.

110%: FH Uair can be airdodged. You can still get a FH Sourspot Uair by following the airdodge though.

120%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Ness: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
40%: (Walk) U-tilt.
(30% to 50%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
80% to 100%: FH Uair.

Recommended:
40%: (Walk) U-tilt.
50% to 70%: FH Nair.
80% to 100%: FH Uair.
0%: Ness can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Ness must DI behind Link and airdodge to avoid U-tilt, and if he continues to drift away he can avoid a turn-around Jab.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link. Both can be covered by walking in that direction for a couple of frames then U-tilting.

50%: U-tilt is out of range. FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

60%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

80%: FH Uair is unavoidable. FH Nair no longer works.

110%: FH Uair can be avoided by DIing away and airdodging, then we cannot get a Sourspot Uair

Olimar: Rating = 5/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
10% to 40%: U-smash.
40% to 70%: FH Nair.
46% to 67%: SHUFF.
50%: (Dash) U-smash.
50% to 80%: Aerial Up-B.
(70% to 80%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
140% to 150%: Sourspot DJ Uair.

Recommended:
10% to 40%: U-smash. (Use U-tilt instead if their SDI is on-point.)
46% to 67%: SHUFF.
68% to 110%: FH Uair.
140% to 150%: Sourspot DJ Uair.
0%: Olimar can only avoid U-tilt with airdodge, at which point we can get a turn around Jab, U-tilt or even a frame perfect U-smash (good luck), though if you're feeling lazy you can just buffer a grounded Up-B.

10%: U-tilt and U-smash are unavoidable.

30%: As above except now FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link.

40%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable.

46%: SHUFF works.

50%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link follows the DI and dashes toward Olimar for a frame or two first.

60%: As above except now FH Uair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

68%: SHUFF no longer works.

80%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

90%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

120%: FH Uair can be airdodged. You can still get a FH Sourspot Uair by following the airdodge though.

140%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

160%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Pac-Man: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
(40% to 50%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
90% to 120%: Sourspot FH Uair.
130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
140%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
80% to 120%: Sourspot FH Uair.
130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Pac can Nair us or DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Pac must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can Nair, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link.

70%: Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

80%: Sourspot Uair is not yet reliable but it can work.

90%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

130%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

140%: FH Uair will stop reaching, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Palutena: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:

Recommended:
50%: FH Nair.
0%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and then airdodging or DJing.

20%: Palutena can avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and then DJing.

30%: U-tilt is only avoidable by DIing away in front of Link. U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link then DJing.

40%: U-tilt is out of range. U-smash can be avoided by DIing either behind or in front of Link.

50%: As above except now FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link.

60%: As above except U-smash is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

70%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged now.

90%: Aerial Up-B can be airdodged now. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

120%: Sourspot FH Uair can be avoided by DIing away and DJing, and trying to dash in and DJ Uair won't help.

Peach: Rating = 2/5. FAF = 53.
Guaranteed:
(30% to 40%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
70%: Aerial Up-B.
110%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
110%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Peach can DJ out.

10%: Peach is unable to avoid the U-tilt.

30%: As above except now U-smash is an option too. Without DI the first hit cannot be avoided, but then it may have trouble linking into the other hits. If Peach DI's behind Link and DJ's she can avoid the U-smash.
Also Platform Drop Through to Up-B works.

40%: As above only now U-tilt no longer reaches high enough.

50%: Nothing works as now even U-smash and Platform Drop Through to Up-B don't work and Nair is too slow.

70%: Start attempting FH U-airs, but they are not guaranteed. It is technically possible to get an aerial Up-B to connect but it is very precise and probably not worth going for.

80%: Peach cannot avoid FH U-air, so just follow her DI. You will not need to dash anywhere first; if she DI's away from Link, just FH in that direction and buffer the U-air out of the jump-squat frames with A-stick. Note that when buffering the FH out of the D-throw you must not hit the A-stick Up too early otherwise you'll just get an U-tilt.

100%: Peach can airdodge the FH U-air. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

110%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

120%: Sourspot FH Uair can be avoided by DJing, and trying to DJ Uair won't help.

Pikachu: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
40% to 50%: (Dash) U-smash if necessary.
40% to 70%: FH Nair.
50% to 80% Aerial Up-B.
54% to 77%: SHUFF.
(70% to 90%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
40% to 50%: (Dash) U-smash.
54% to 77%: SHUFF.
78% to 100%: FH Uair.
140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

10%: As above except U-smash is now only avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJ airdodging or avoiding the third hit of U-smash by simply DIing the D-throw behind Link and using thunder.

20%: As above except U-smash is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and using thunder to avoid the third hit of U-smash.

30%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by Dashing forwards for a frame or two before doing U-smash.
FH Nair is unavoidable now though, and FH Bair is a thing and can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair if the first Bair hits with Pikachu inside Link (e.g. if there was no DI and you just jump straight up).

50%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link, though Link can still make U-smash work by dashing towards Pika's DI first.
Also Aerial Up-B is now an option.
FH Bair is no longer a thing.

54%: SHUFF works.

60%: As above except U-smash is out of range too.

70%: As above except that now FH Uair is unavoidable. Platform Drop DJ Fair works.

78%: SHUFF no longer works.

80%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

90%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works.

100%: As above. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

110%: As above except now Pikachu can DI away in front of Link and avoid the initial U-air by airdodging.
Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

140%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

170%: DJ Sourspot Uair no longer works.

Pit and Dark Pit ('Pit'): Rating = 2/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
40% to 50%: U-tilt.
80%: Aerial Up-B
110% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
90% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Pit can avoid U-tilt with airdodge or DJ airdodge, and I guess he can trade with the first hit of Nair, but that would be dumb.

10%: Pit can avoid U-tilt only by DIing behind Link and then airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging. If Pit airdodges into the ground it is possible to turn around Jab Pit before he can shield.

20%: As above except Link can turn around U-tilt Pit before he can shield and it is technically possible to turn around D-smash too if you're good enough (though it would be safer and easier to just buffer a grounded Up-B).

30%: Pit can avoid Utilt by DIing behind Link and simply DJing away.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away either in front or behind Link.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

80%: As above only now Aerial Up-B is an option and FH Nair can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

90%: Up-B is no longer an option. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

170%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

R.O.B.: Rating = 3.5/5. FAF = 57.
Guaranteed:
97% to 100%: SHUFF.

Recommended:
20% to 60%: U-smash.
0%: Rob can airdodge or just DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash is only avoidable if R.O.B does a DJ airdodge with only 1 extra frame of padding.

30%: As above except in order to avoid U-smash the DJ airdodge must be frame perfect.

40%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

70%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link (dashing forwards first will not help as Rob can DJ away in time).

80%: As above except now U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well.

90%: U-tilt and U-smash are out of range, and FH Nair no longer works. Nothing works.

97%: SHUFF works.

101%: SHUFF no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

120%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

190%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Robin: Rating = 3/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:

Recommended:
0%: Robin can avoid U-tilt by airdodging or DJ immediate airdodging.

10%: Robin can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

50%: As above. (U-smash can still be avoided by simply DIing behind Link and DJing)

60%: U-tilt is now avoidable by DIing away in front of Link. FH Nair is now unavoidable. (U-smash can not be avoided by DIing behind Link and DJing, but now it can be avoided by simply DIing away in front of Link.)

70%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link and Nair can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

90%: As above except FH Nair is no longer an option. Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

100%: Beyond, Aerial Up-B stops working. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

110%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

180%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Rosalina: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 51.
Guaranteed:
(Assuming Luma is unable to interfere.)
(20% to 40%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
50% to 70%: Aerial Up-B.
(70%: Platform Drop DJ Fair.)
120%: Sourspot DJ Uair.
130%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
(Assuming Luma is unable to interfere.)
50% to 60%: Aerial Up-B.
120%: Sourspot DJ Uair.
0%: Luma will hit you if it's nearby, otherwise she can just DJ out.

10%: If Rosalina is by herself, then U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash is almost unavoidable insofar as DJ will not be able to avoid the first hit but then the second hit will get messed up and allow Rosalina an opportunity to escape, and airdodge will only dodge the first two hits before landing and getting hit by the third strike. Otherwise Luma will either hit you or get hit by U-tilt/U-smash which will delay it long enough for her to get away.
You can try to grab Rosalina toward the end of the grab and instantly D-throw to separate her from Luma even if it's still alive, otherwise just hit it away first.

20%: As above. U-smash is still avoidable by DIing behind Link and DJing or airdodging.
Platform Drop Through Up-B works.

30%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing in front of or behind Link.

40%: U-tilt is now out of range.

50%: FH immediate Aerial Up-B is now unavoidable. Platform Drop Through Up-B no longer works.

70%: As above except FH U-air is also unavoidable now. (DI will not avoid Aerial Up-B or U-air if you jump towards them.) Platform Drop DJ Fair works.

80%: Rosalina can airdodge Aerial Up-B now, but not Uair. Platform Drop DJ Fair no longer works.

100%: The initial hit of FH Uair can be avoided with airdodge. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

130%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

140%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Roy: Rating = 3.5/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
80% to 109%: SHUFF.
90%: Aerial Up-B.
120% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash for a bit longer) FH Uair.

Recommended:
83% to 109%: SHUFF.
120% to 160%: Sourspot (Dash for a bit longer) FH Uair.
0%: U-tilt can only be avoided with a DJ immediate airdodge.

10%: Roy must DI behind Link and airdodge or do a frame perfect DJ immediate airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

40%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, though U-smash can still be unavoidable if Link dashes forwards for a frame or two first.

80%: As above. SHUFF works.

90%: As above except U-tilt is out of range, dashing forwards then doing U-smash no longer works if Roy DI's away, and Aerial Up-B is now an option.

100%: U-smash is out of range, and FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.
Platform Drop Up-B no longer works. Nothing works.

110%: SHUFF no longer works.

120% Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

150%: As above but note if they DI away you have to Dash in for a bit longer than normal.

160% As above.

170%: Sourspot FH Uair can be avoided by DIing away.

Ryu: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 56.
Guaranteed:

Recommended:
20% to 70%: U-tilt.
Beware that Ryu has invulnerability on frame 1 of True Shuryuken (TS), which means if you are close enough he can hit you any time he can absorb a hit with Focus Attack (FA) below.

0%: Ryu can avoid U-tilt by using Nair, FA, TS, airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: In order to avoid U-tilt Ryu can FA or TS. You can beat FA by doing Jab 1 to 2, but regardless of what you do TS will hit you if you don't shield/dodge.

20%: U-tilt can only be avoided by DIing behind Link using FA or TS. FA must be reversed in order to face Link, which can be avoided with a roll even if released as early as possible. If Ryu DIs behind you and does a TS then reverses it, he will avoid the U-tilt but will miss you.

40%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link.

70%: Aerial Up-B can be beaten FA + SDI or just using TS. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing behind Link as well.

80%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

100%: Aerial Up-B can be airdodged.

110%: FH Uair is only avoidable by DIing away and either using FA or airdodging. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away. They can still DI away and FA the Uair though.
Note, if Ryu tries to TS, you will be beneath him and will get a Sourspot Uair.

120%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame if they DI away. If you dash forwards for anything more than a frame, the Uair can be absorbed with FA.

130%: As above except you may dash forwards for up to 3 frames, a generous enough window to make this reliable.

150%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ. If you're on-point and they DI away you can hit them before FA or DJ come out.

160%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works if they DI away.

Samus: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 57.
Guaranteed:

Recommended:
0%: Samus can DJ out.

20%: Samus has to DJ then airdodge to escape U-tilt without DI, otherwise she can just DI behind Link and DJ.

30%: Samus must DI behind Link then DJ to avoid U-tilt.

50%: As above except U-tilt can also be avoided by simply DIing away in front of Link.

60%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing either away in front or behind Link.

70%: U-tilt is out of range entirely.

80%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works. Nothing is guaranteed. Go for Uairs.

150%: Sourspot FH Uair no longer works and doing a DJ Uair won't help.

Sheik: Rating = 4/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
0%: Jab.
20% to 30%: U-smash.
62% to 77%: SHUFF.
70% to 80%: Aerial Up-B.
100% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Jab.
10%: U-tilt.
20% to 30%: U-smash.
62% to 77%: SHUFF.
(Between 70% and 110%, (Dash) FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away and airdodging.)
100% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Jab is unavoidable. Sheik can avoid U-tilt by airdodging and can avoid U-smash only by DJing away to an immediate airdodge, or by hitting Link with Nair.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable. Jab no longer works.

20%: As above except that U-smash is unavoidable now too.

40%: FH Nair can only be avoided by DIing behind Link. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, but this can be countered by dashing forwards for a frame or two first. FH Bair is a thing if Sheik DI's behind you, but then there are no followups.

50%: As above except that FH Nair is unavoidable and U-tilt can also be avoided by simply DIing behind Link.

60%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range and FH Nair can be avoided again.

70%: As above except U-smash is now out of range, Aerial Up-B is now an option, and FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link, however if Link dashes in for a frame or two first, the only way to avoid Uair is to airdodge.

90%: As above except Aerial Up-B no longer works .

100%: As above except Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

120%: FH initial hit Uair no longer works (when they weren't DIing away). Sourspot Uair still works though.

140%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ and make sure your dash in far enough if they DI away.

150%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works when they DI away.

Shulk: FAF = 56.
Default: Rating = 2.5/5.
Jump: Rating = 3.5/5.
Speed: Rating = 2.5/5.
Shield: Rating = 2/5.
Buster: Rating = 2.5/5.
Smash: Rating = 2.5/5.
Guaranteed:
78% to 95%: SHUFF.
100% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
0%: Shulk can avoid U-tilt by DJing behind Link among other things.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around).

40%: As above except that Platform Drop Up-B works.

50%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIng away in front or behind Link. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front of Link, and dashing forwards first will not help.

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

96%: SHUFF no longer works.

100%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

160%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

180%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Jump
Guaranteed:
30% to 60%: U-tilt.
40% to 70%: U-smash.
80% to 90%: (Dash) U-smash.
85% to 119%: SHUFF.

Recommended:
40% to 70%: U-smash.
80% to 90%: (Dash) U-smash.
91% to 119%: SHUFF.
0%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DJ immediate airdodging.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: Shulk can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging; we cannot punish the airdodge if it was used to avoid an U-tilt.

40%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable too.

60%: As above except FH Nair is unavoidable.

70%: As above except U-tilt can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but you can still make U-smash work if you Dash towards the DI for one or two frames.

90%: As above except U-tilt is out of range.

100%: As above except U-smash is out of range and FH Nair can be avoided by DIing behind Link.

110%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

120%: SHUFF no longer works.

130%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

190%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

200%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works if they DI away.

Speed
Guaranteed:
70%: (Dash) U-smash.
70% to 80%: Aerial Up-B.

Recommended:
70%: (Dash) U-smash.
0%: Shulk can airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge, at which point grounded Up-B is unavoidable.

50%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: As above except FH Nair is now unavoidable. U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

70%: As above except U-tilt is out of range. U-smash can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still work if Link dashes towards the DI for a frame or two before doing U-smash. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

80%: As above except U-smash is out of range.

90%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

100%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

160%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

180%:

Shield
Guaranteed:
120% to 150%: U-tilt.
(130% to 160%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
140% to 150%: U-smash.
150% to 180%: FH Nair.
160% to 170%: (Dash) U-smash.
170% to 180%: Aerial Up-B.
176% to 198%: SHUFF.
120% to 270%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
280% to 300%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 130%: U-tilt.
140% to 150%: U-smash.
160% to 170%: (Dash) U-smash.
176% to 198%: SHUFF.
120% to 270%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
280% to 300%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: U-tilt is avoidable by DJing behind Link or by DJ airdodging.

10%: As above, no need to DI.

30%: Shulk can on longer DJ behind Link and avoid U-tilt (regardless of DI). DJ airdodge is the only way to avoid U-tilt, no need for DI.

60%: As above except now Shulk can also airdodge to avoid U-tilt, no DI required.

90%: Shulk must DI behind Link and either airdodge or DJ airdodge in order to avoid U-tilt.

100%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge, at which point we can do a Grounded Up-B which Shulk cannot shield.

120%: U-tilt is unavoidable.

130%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B works.

140%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

150%: As above except now FH Nair is unavoidable too.

160%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, however U-smash can still work if Link dashes towards the DI for a frame or two.

170%: As above except U-tilt it out of range. Aerial Up-B is now an option.

176%: SHUFF works.

180%: As above except U-smash is out of range.

190%: FH Nair and Aerial Up-B no longer work.

199%: SHUFF no longer works.

210%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

220%: As above.

230%: As above.

240%: As above.

250%: As above.

260%: As above.

270%: As above.

280%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

290%: As above.

300%:

310%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Buster
Guaranteed:
160%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
160%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: Shulk can airdodge, DJ airdodge, or DJ behind Link to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Shulk must DI behind Link and airdodge or DJ airdodge to avoid U-tilt.

20%: The only way to avoid U-tilt is to DI behind Link and airdodge into the ground, at which point we can do a grounded Up-B which is unavoidable.

50%: As above except U-smash is also unavoidable.

60%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avodied by DIing either way in front or behind Link (dashing forwards first will not allow U-smash to connect).

70%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

170%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Smash
Guaranteed:
(20% to 40%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
40%: (Dash) U-smash.
40% to 60%: FH Nair.
56% to 72%: SHUFF.
80% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
40%: (Dash) U-smash.
56% to 72%: SHUFF.
80% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

30%: As above except U-smash is unavoidable too.

40%: FH Nair is unavoidable. U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by DIing either away in front or behind Link, but U-smash can still work by dashing towards the DI for a frame or two first.

50%: As above except U-tilt and U-smash are out of range.

56%: SHUFF works.

70%: FH Nair no longer works.

73%: SHUFF no longer works.

80%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

140%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

150%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Sonic: Rating = 1/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
75% to 77%: SHUFF.
90% to 100%: Sourspot FH Uair.
110%: to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
75% to 77%: SHUFF.
110%: to 130%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Sonic can avoid U-tilt by using Up-B (U-tilt hits the spring), airdodge or DJ airdodge.

10%: Sonic must DI behind Link in order to avoid U-tilt, at which point he can airdodge or DJ immediate airdodge.

20%: Sonic can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, at which point we can hit him with a grounded Up-B (no need to turn around), or a turn around re-grab among other things.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by DIing away in front or behind Link.

60%: FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing behind Link and airdodging.

70%: FH Nair no longer works.

90% Sourspot Uair becomes unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

100%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

140%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

Toon Link: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 54.
Guaranteed:
80% to 110%: Sourspot FH Uair.
120%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
130% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 40%: U-tilt.
80% to 110%: Sourspot FH Uair.
120%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
130% to 140%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: The only way for Toon to avoid U-tilt is to DJ then airdodge. If Toon tries to only DJ, Utilt will hit. If Toon tries to just airdodge Link will be able to punish the landing lag with another U-tilt or even a D-smash among other things.

10%: Toon will only be able to escape U-tilt by DIing behind Link and DJing then immediately airdodging. If Toon just airdodges into the ground, then we'll be able to punish with an U-smash or turn around U-smash depending on DI (though grounded Up-B will cover everything).

20%: U-tilt is only unavoidable if Toon DI's behind Link and airdodges, but then we can punish even with an unavoidable turn around re-grab or an F-smash.

40%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away in front or behind Link.

50%: U-tilt is out of range.

80%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

120%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

130%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

Villager: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:

Recommended:
0%: Villager can DJ out or Nair us to avoid U-tilt.

10%: Villager can DI behind and DJ out to avoid U-tilt.

50%: U-tilt can be avoided by simply DIing away from link or behind him.

60%: U-tilt is out of range.

70%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works.

90%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

130%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away and FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ

140%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Wario: Rating = 1.5/5. FAF = 57.
Guaranteed:
89% to 103%: SHUFF.
110% to 150%: Sourspot FH Uair.
160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
89% to 103%: SHUFF.
110% to 150%: Sourspot FH Uair.
160%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: Wario can Nair us before we can hit with U-tilt, or he can airdodge or he can DJ to instant airdodge.

10%: As above except that Wario's Nair trades now.

20%: Wario can only avoid U-tilt if he DI's the D-throw behind Link (and DJ's or airdodges).

30%: Wario can only avoid U-tilt and U-smash if he DI's the D-throw behind Link.

40%: As above except U-tilt is now unavoidable regardless of DI.

50%: As above except that Platform Drop Up-B works.

60%: As above except U-tilt is avoidable by DIing D-throw away or behind Link.

70%: As above except that FH Nair is only avoidable by DIing the D-throw behind Link.

80%: As above except Platform Drop Up-B no longer works, U-tilt and U-smash are out of range, and FH to immediate Aerial Up-B is technically a thing now but must be done perfectly. At this point go for Uairs only.

89%: SHUFF works.

90%: As above except Nair is no longer a thing.

100%: Aerial Up-B no longer works.

110%: Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge.

160%: As above except you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

170%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Wii Fit Trainer: Rating = 0/5. FAF = 55.
Guaranteed:
(50% to 60%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
110% to 120%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.

Recommended:
110% to 120%: Sourspot (Dash) FH Uair.
0%: WFT can avoid U-tilt by simply DJing out.

10%: WFT can DI behind Link and simply DJ out, otherwise there's airdodge or DJ airdodge.

20%: WFT must DI behind Link to avoid U-tilt, but can still simply DJ out.

40%: As above except WFT can also just DI away in front of Link to avoid U-tilt.

50%: U-tilt is out of range.

70%: Platform Drop Up-B no longer works. Nothing works.

80% As above.

130%: Sourspot FH Uair no longer works, and DJing does not help.

Yoshi: Rating = 1/5. FAF = 56.
Guaranteed:
130% to 140%: Sourspot DJ Uair.

Recommended:
0% to 30%: Don't D-throw.
40%: U-tilt.
80%: FH Uair.
130% to 140%: Sourspot DJ Uair.
0%: Yoshi's DJ and Nair say no.

20%: And here things get interesting. U-tilt will hit Yoshi if he tries to airdodge or DJ, but then the heavy armor on DJ means that Yoshi can take the hit and then Down-B to hit us before we can shield. So as far as I'm concerned, DJ says no.

40%: U-tilt and U-smash will connect before DJ can come out, but then they can be avoided entirely if Yoshi DI's behind Link and DJ's.

50%: As above except U-tilt is now out of range.

60%: U-smash now out of range too. Platform Drop B-reverse Up-B will hit beat a Yoshi trying to DI behind you and DJ, but then it won't beat no DI DJ.

70%: Nothing works.

80%: You may as well start going for U-airs. U-air will eat through the DJ heavy armor.

130%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

Zelda: Rating = 2.5/5. FAF = 53.
Guaranteed:
40%: U-smash.
40% to 60%: FH Nair.
60% to 70%: Aerial Up-B.
64% to 75%: SHUFF.
130% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.

Recommended:
50% to 60%: FH Nair.
64% to 75%: SHUFF.
130% to 150%: Sourspot (Dash) DJ Uair.
0%: Zelda can avoid U-tilt with DJ immediate airdodge only. If she does just a DJ the U-tilt will hit. If she does just an airdodge the lag will mean she cannot avoid the next U-tilt (but will be able to shield an U-smash). If she does neutral special to avoid the first U-tilt it won't hit Link and she'll be open to being hit by anything you want. (I won't bother testing neutral special from this point.)

10%: Zelda can only avoid U-tilt by DIing behind Link and airdodging, which can then be punished with a turn around U-smash among other things. Just doing another U-tilt however will be powershielded. Personally I'd just go for a buffered grounded Up-B, no need to turn it around, easy, no risk.

20%: U-tilt is unavoidable. U-smash can only be avoided with a frame perfect DJ to airdodge.

30%: As above except U-smash can be avoided by DIing behind Link and DJing.

40%: U-smash and FH Nair are now unavoidable and U-tilt is out of range. FH bair is possible if they don't DI away in front of Link but you won't get any followups so I won't bother testing it from this point.

50%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too.

60%: As above except Aerial Up-B is now an option.

64%: SHUFF works.

70%: As above except FH Nair no longer works.

76%: SHUFF no longer works.

80%: FH Uair is unavoidable. Aerial Up-B no longer works.

90%: FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link. Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

130%: FH Uair will stop reaching in time, so to force the Sourspot Uair you'll need to DJ.

160%: Sourspot DJ Uair no longer works.

Zero Suit Samus: Rating = 3.5/5. FAF = 52.
Guaranteed:
(30% to 80%: Platform Drop Up-B.)
40% to 70%: (Dash) U-smash.
80% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash far enough) FH Uair.

Recommended:
40% to 68%: (Dash) U-smash.
69% to 84%: SHUFF.
85% to 130%: Sourspot (Dash far enough) FH Uair.
0%: ZSS can avoid U-tilt with DJ to airdodge, airdodge, or Flipkick.

10%: U-tilt is unavoidable regardless of DI. U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link at which point it's a simple matter of DJing out.

20%: As above except U-smash can only be avoided by DIing behind Link then either DJing and immediately airdodging, or Flipkicking.

30%: As above except now U-smash is unavoidable regardless of DI as well.

40%: FH Nair is unavoidable and FH Bair is only unavoidable if ZSS DI's behind Link (and if you jump backwards Bair can combo into Aerial Up-B or DJ Bair). U-tilt and U-smash can be avoided by simply DIing away in front of Link, though U-smash will still easily work if Link dashes forwards briefly first.

70%: As above except now Aerial Up-B is unavoidable. FH Uair can only be avoided by DIing away from Link and airdodging. Also U-tilt is out of range, and FH Bair is no longer a thing.

80%: As above except U-smash is now out of range too.
Sourspot Uair becomes unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

85%: SHUFF no longer works.

90%: As above except FH Nair can be airdodged.
Sourspot Uair becomes reliable and unavoidable when you do a FH Uair and follow DI, forcing them to airdodge; you'll need to dash forwards for a frame or two if they DI away.

110%: As above except aerial Up-B no longer works.

130%: As above but note you'll need to dash forwards far enough if they DI away.

140%: FH Sourspot Uair no longer works if they DI away and DJ. You can't get there in time.

Last edited:

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
Ah I'm glad to see you guys know this stuff like dthrow spin slash, bair spin slash, etc. I still have a lot more stuff I'm going to be posting soon since I kind of want links meta to explode since I'm pretty much holding most of it and I don't see it being figured as fast as I found it :L

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Ah I'm glad to see you guys know this stuff like dthrow spin slash, bair spin slash, etc. I still have a lot more stuff I'm going to be posting soon since I kind of want links meta to explode since I'm pretty much holding most of it and I don't see it being figured as fast as I found it :L
screw you scizor, stop hiding in the shadows with your silly dark link and have the courage to step into the light as a true wielder of the triforce by helping your fellow, hard-working link players

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
I have links future in a notebook lol I'll have it up tomorrow when it's not 2:30am lmao but it's great food for thought mix ups guarantees/horse **** kills

Nd_KakaKhakis

Smash Apprentice
This d-throw guide is mad helpful Fox.
Also we're totally on the cusp of a Link Meta Explosion. I've been collaborating with some people on the boards here and should be releasing a comprehensive guide on nair locks and optimal combos soon.

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I have two questions about the Hylian Shield that I didn't see in the information about it on the OP, so I figured I'd ask.
  1. At what frame in the pivot animation does Hylian Shield begin working? I've been hit by lots of aura spheres and charge shots that I thought a pivot Hylian Shield would cover only to be sadly mistaken.
  2. How does the stun of Hylian Shield work? Is it a set amount of stun or is it calculated similarly to shield stun and if so, is there any situation in which Hylian Shield would be the better option?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I have two questions about the Hylian Shield that I didn't see in the information about it on the OP, so I figured I'd ask.
  1. At what frame in the pivot animation does Hylian Shield begin working? I've been hit by lots of aura spheres and charge shots that I thought a pivot Hylian Shield would cover only to be sadly mistaken.
  2. How does the stun of Hylian Shield work? Is it a set amount of stun or is it calculated similarly to shield stun and if so, is there any situation in which Hylian Shield would be the better option?
Hylian Shield blocks on frame 12 of the pivot (i.e. standing turn around) animation, which is to say that it will not work for the entire duration of the pivot animation.

Hylian Shield works better than power-shielding. Not only do you go through slightly less shield-lag/stun than power-shielding, but you are able to dash or walk immediately after shield-stun (whereas with power-shielding while you can do any other option immediately after shield-stun, you have to wait for some shield-drop frames before you can dash/walk).

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Uair start-up autocancel ends on frame 10 (Uair is out on frame 11), so there's just one frame before Uair is out that doesn't autocancel on landing. So if you combine this with airdodges' IASA frames, you can essentially completely avoid any type of landing lag besides the obvious 5 frames of hard landing lag. Cool stuff. I can't find the numbers for when you can act out of airdodge though, so yeah.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
tl;dr at the bottom before the quote.

Ok so I wanted to look into whether and to what degree SH bomb throw down to Nair was a pseudo block-string. I already knew that it wasn't a true block string, but I figured it would be nice to know how well it can be used in such a way that the opponent must shield the Nair or else get hit by it.

The first thing you need to note is that it will work differently on different characters. E.g. note the difference in spotdodge intangibility frames. http://smashboards.com/threads/roll-air-dodge-frame-data.401323/
When dealing with something that is determined largely by a matter of mere frames, the difference between a 2 frame spot-dodge and a 3 or 4 frame spotdodge means everything.

The situation I am testing is Link SHing (slightly forwards) throwing a Bomb down then buffering a Nair. The ideal situation is where Link throws the bomb down on frame 16 of the SH (including the jump-squat frames), because this will mean that if the Nair is buffered it would put the hitbox out on the last airborne frame; though it should be noted that for the purposes of getting the bomb throw to Nair to work as a pseudo block-string, you can throw the bomb down on frame 13 to 16, i.e. such that you're throwing it down at around the peak of the SH and such that a buffered Nair comes out just before you land. Not difficult.
Obviously the situation I am testing assumes that the bomb blast was not power-shielded.

Using the linked thread above as a reference, here are the results:

Any character with a 2 frame spotdodge will be able to avoid the Nair entirely.

Any character with a 3 or 4 frame spotdodge will not be able to avoid it entirely and must either block Nair or get hit by it.

If a 2 frame spotdodge character does spotdodge the Nair, you have a significant frame advantage over them, at which point depending on which way you're facing and where they are in relation to you, you'll want to use something with a decent amount of active hitbox frames that is also relatively quick, e.g. U-tilt, U-smash, or Grab, and they will not be able to avoid this.

Naturally every character can simply shield Nair, at which point everything hinges on how late the Nair hit their shield (i.e. was it the last airborne frame or do you still have 4 frames left to fall before you land) and how fast their OoS options are.
I won't go into this too much as it is a long and arduous tangent, but as a frame of reference, if you throw the bomb down at the ideal time then buffer the Nair such that its hitbox comes out on the last airborne frame, the opponent will have a 2 frame frame advantage over you but will be limited to OoS options. We will be able to spotdodge frame 5 options and roll to avoid frame 6 options, and the fastest grabs are frame 6.

Against characters with slow OoS options it will be relatively safe to throw out an attack after the Nair is shielded, but there is absolutely no situation in which the Nair leads into a pseudo block-string because Link's options are too slow and Nair doesn't give enough frame advantage. Every character will be perfectly capable of avoiding the attack following Nair if they want to, but whether or not they'll be able to attack you depends on the character.

tl;dr - SH > bomb throw down > buffered Nair such that it hits just before you land, will work as a psuedo block-string on all characters in a sense. Characters with a 3 or 4 frame spotdodge (see the link above) will have the option of shielding the Nair or being hit by it, while characters with a 2 frame spotdodge will have these options plus the option of spotdodging the Nair, at which point they will be unable to avoid your next attack (e.g. U-tilt, U-smash or Grab). However, for the sake of safety, this approach should only be used against characters who either have very low shields or who have poor OoS options, otherwise you will always put yourself in a disadvantageous position by landing on top of their shields with Nair.

Uair start-up autocancel ends on frame 10 (Uair is out on frame 11), so there's just one frame before Uair is out that doesn't autocancel on landing. So if you combine this with airdodges' IASA frames, you can essentially completely avoid any type of landing lag besides the obvious 5 frames of hard landing lag. Cool stuff. I can't find the numbers for when you can act out of airdodge though, so yeah.
The first actionable frame of Link's airdodge is frame 34, i.e. on frame 34 you can have the first frame of Uair out, and airdodge will autocancel regardless from frame 36. If Link lands on frame 34 or 35 without using (e.g.) U-air he will incur the airdodge landing lag, but if you buffer U-air as a 'just in case' sort of thing, and you happen to land on frames 34 or 35, then you will get the normal landing lag, and if you would have landed on frame 36 or more anyway (up to frame 43), nothing would have changed.

The issue is of course the fact that Link's SH airborne time is 33 frames. One more frame and it would be perfect.

So what can we do with this U-air autocancel that we can't otherwise?

Well we can FH buffer airdodge from the side platforms of BF onto the top platform and land with normal landing lag only if you input the Uair (or Nair, or Dair).

Again, we can fall through the top BF platform and immediately airdodge and land with normal landing lag only if we use the aerial autocancel.

Not much else though (?).

Just note that if you input an aerial during airdodge then you input shield soon after (within like 10 frames), Link will do a Zair, so when trying to go for the aerial autocancel, don't press shield until you land, or else do anything else.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the D-Throw guide Fox! Also, I guess the thing that concerns me is that a lot of characters seem to just be able to DI behind Link and DJ to avoid the UTilt at low %s. Is that something that's fairly easy to do?

Second for a completely random thought, if you were aware of certain kill combos of other characters, would it ever make sense to bomb yourself to get your % out of that range? Or is that too hard to do considering rage and what not?

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks for the D-Throw guide Fox! Also, I guess the thing that concerns me is that a lot of characters seem to just be able to DI behind Link and DJ to avoid the UTilt at low %s. Is that something that's fairly easy to do?

Second for a completely random thought, if you were aware of certain kill combos of other characters, would it ever make sense to bomb yourself to get your % out of that range? Or is that too hard to do considering rage and what not?
Well it's certainly easy enough to do if they know they have to do it. As soon as people see themselves get grabbed they would simply have to react and hold towards him, then they have a ten frame buffer window to input the DJ. As to whether anyone will actually do this, well I'm not about to tell them. It's good to be aware of for us in any case, especially so that when we go for D-throw to U-smash we know for a fact that regardless of what they do it will work on X percent, because that's not something you want to miss.

I think in Brawl for a while there there was some talk of damaging ourselves in certain matchups e.g. against Falco to avoid D-throw to Dair setups at low percents. I don't think it ever really caught on though (please correct me if I'm wrong) and the consensus was that we should just camp harder at low percents, and the same could apply here. If you know the opponent has a kill setup at a certain percent, then good for you, now camp harder till you're out of that range. The trouble is of course that in damaging ourselves with bombs, we'd be leaving ourselves open to the very kill combo we're trying to avoid, or perhaps something else. So unless the range of it is super specific, e.g. within a range of say 5% but no higher or lower, then I can't say it'd be worth it imo. Of course, I'm always open to persuasion.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
In the past I've had trouble dealing with shield pressure when Link has been on a platform and my opponent has been below me doing u-airs or other aerials, but recently I discovered that if you FH d-air, the move will auto cancel on the next closest platform/stage for the majority of the platforms in the game, without losing its hitbox until the moment you touch the ground most of the time. I know this isn't a lot, but it does give Link an extra option when on top of platforms - and on battlefield/Miiverse/Dreamland you can auto cancel d-air into auto cancel d-air to land on the main stage - it's a little flashy but its applications are incredible. I've found that an occasional auto cancel d-air into grounded up-b, grab, u-tilt, or jab are all great ways to punish your opponent for attempting to punish you since they're so used to our 32 frames of landing lag.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Remember when I noticed how you were able to cancel the early parts of a roll with a bomb toss? Yeah, well it seems to be a pretty good option OoS. It works just like a perfect pivot when it comes to micro spacing, only it's much easier to pull off and just better in general. Those few frames of invincibility might also come into use, you never know.

Also, Zair combos are pretty underrated imo. It combos into the Dtilt spike hitbox almost every time, no matter the % lol. I've also been able to edge cancel Zair > Nair/Fair pretty consistently.

Last edited:

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Btw, I was trying the Soft hit nair to Dash attack against a CPU and the CPU kept rolling out of the way after the nair. It definitely was a kill combo in training though. Am I missing something?

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Remember when I noticed how you were able to cancel the early parts of a roll with a bomb toss?
Which was already known since brawl, yes XD.
Yeah, well it seems to be a pretty good option OoS. It works just like a perfect pivot when it comes to micro spacing, only it's much easier to pull off and just better in general.
As an option OoS, maybe. It's certainly far better as an option when used with the backwards roll because the forwards roll barely makes you move anywhere and the backwards roll actually has some utility in that it allows you to move backwards and do a forward throw back in the direction you came from (unlike dash away JC throw backwards) which means the bomb is thrown sooner. But even then, 'micro' is certainly the right word to use here, because at best, i.e. throwing the bomb on the 5th frame of the backward roll, it moves you roughly half the distance of a PP which is in and of itself limited due to how minor the distance covered is. It's certainly not better than a PP when not already in shield.
Those few frames of invincibility might also come into use, you never know.
From memory it was just the one frame of invulnerability. I remember because it was the post that I made to find out how many frames of invulnerability you can gain in a RCIT that led to the testing methods involving the 2 frame and 1 frame skips. In that post I made it very clear that this one frame of invulnerability was useless.
Also, Zair combos are pretty underrated imo. It combos into the Dtilt spike hitbox almost every time, no matter the % lol. I've also been able to edge cancel Zair > Nair/Fair pretty consistently.
Zair combos are rated poorly, deliberately, for a few reasons. In order to use it as a combo tool you need to do an empty jump toward the opponent, leaving yourself open in the mean time, then throw out a small hitbox that does extremely poor damage with poor range (when used for this purpose) which you will use to land with. If the opponent attacks, you will in all likelihood be beaten; if the opponent shields, Zair is laughably unsafe on shield and you will be right on top of them; if the opponent ends up being even slightly further away from where you were expecting them to be, you will miss entirely.
As for edge cancelling stuff, I guess I'd like to see it developed a bit more before I make my mind up about it. Edge cancelled Zairs and Arrows are really good in theory, but difficult to do on the fly consistently and limited in practical application.

Btw, I was trying the Soft hit nair to Dash attack against a CPU and the CPU kept rolling out of the way after the nair. It definitely was a kill combo in training though. Am I missing something?
Never trust anything the combo counter in training mode tells you.
I'm yet to look into Nair to Dash attack in any real detail, but I can tell you that it's very percent specific and possibly character specific.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Which was already known since brawl, yes XD.

As an option OoS, maybe. It's certainly far better as an option when used with the backwards roll because the forwards roll barely makes you move anywhere and the backwards roll actually has some utility in that it allows you to move backwards and do a forward throw back in the direction you came from (unlike dash away JC throw backwards) which means the bomb is thrown sooner. But even then, 'micro' is certainly the right word to use here, because at best, i.e. throwing the bomb on the 5th frame of the backward roll, it moves you roughly half the distance of a PP which is in and of itself limited due to how minor the distance covered is. It's certainly not better than a PP when not already in shield.

From memory it was just the one frame of invulnerability. I remember because it was the post that I made to find out how many frames of invulnerability you can gain in a RCIT that led to the testing methods involving the 2 frame and 1 frame skips. In that post I made it very clear that this one frame of invulnerability was useless.

Zair combos are rated poorly, deliberately, for a few reasons. In order to use it as a combo tool you need to do an empty jump toward the opponent, leaving yourself open in the mean time, then throw out a small hitbox that does extremely poor damage with poor range (when used for this purpose) which you will use to land with. If the opponent attacks, you will in all likelihood be beaten; if the opponent shields, Zair is laughably unsafe on shield and you will be right on top of them; if the opponent ends up being even slightly further away from where you were expecting them to be, you will miss entirely.
As for edge cancelling stuff, I guess I'd like to see it developed a bit more before I make my mind up about it. Edge cancelled Zairs and Arrows are really good in theory, but difficult to do on the fly consistently and limited in practical application.

Never trust anything the combo counter in training mode tells you.
I'm yet to look into Nair to Dash attack in any real detail, but I can tell you that it's very percent specific and possibly character specific.
Yes, I knew that it was in Brawl lol.

Top Bottom