• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's kill move

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
in the last picture under "basic rules"
link had just finished off mario,
and link is in this pose.

i didn't really play link so i cant tell
if it is one of his old moves or they
give him a new move

what yall think?

WaterTails

Smash Lord
VlaD, could be his taunt or like a backswing, or the cooldown lag after an F-smash

next time I hear "kill move" I'll start poppin' caps!

Phil Ashio

Smash Cadet
G*D I hope not. I never thought of "kill move" and Smash in the same category except when you are refering to Ness's throw in the original SSB 64.

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
i wasn't really meaning kill move as a KILL MOVE
i was just referring to it as that because that move killed mario...
haha

well what move do yall think it was, does it look like any of his old moves?
thats what i was trying to ask..lol

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
Basic A attack. One thing I just noticed though, that death line doesn't appear to be to far away from the stage platform.

WR3K

Smash Ace
yeah, after his smash attack you can press Z, leading a second strike, this is the end of that 2nd strike

or dash attack

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I personally think it might be a dash attack.
I was thinking either a dash attack, as you suggested, or the second strike of a Fsmash. It couldn't be his upB because we've seen it in trailers and the pose is different. Link's Fsmash creates dust in Melee, but I really can't say for sure what it is here. What I CAN say, however, is that both Link's Fsmash and his dash attack had upwards knockback in Melee, while Y. Link's had fowards knockback. If this attack is one of the above mentioned two, and Mario is dying off-screen only a bit above Link's head, he must have had an amazing amount of horizontal knockback, especially considering Mario's floatiness from the NWT. Evidence of a complete re-working of Y. Link? Will we see a new representor of him? Or will he suffer the same fate which Mario's new Fair suggests of Doc?

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's his Smash attack, based solely on the fact that his shield is on his back.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
if mario was highly damage and he was attack by link second slash, mario should of died on top of the screen not on the side. With that said, there is some possibilities: Mario was only killed on the first slash and the player decided to do the second slash anyways, its a whole different move, or the change the trajectory or his so that they the victim will go horizontal instead of vertical.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I was thinking either a dash attack, as you suggested, or the second strike of a Fsmash. It couldn't be his upB because we've seen it in trailers and the pose is different. Link's Fsmash creates dust in Melee, but I really can't say for sure what it is here. What I CAN say, however, is that both Link's Fsmash and his dash attack had upwards knockback in Melee, while Y. Link's had fowards knockback. If this attack is one of the above mentioned two, and Mario is dying off-screen only a bit above Link's head, he must have had an amazing amount of horizontal knockback, especially considering Mario's floatiness from the NWT. Evidence of a complete re-working of Y. Link? Will we see a new representor of him? Or will he suffer the same fate which Mario's new Fair suggests of Doc?
We can only pray that this isn't true. Ylink was one of my mains.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
It's the end of his second slash of his f-smash. Definevitly. I've seen that pose a million times playing Link in Melee.

EDIT: It's not even close looking like his dashattack. Note that Link has his sheild on his back. The only sword-move he uses without the sheild on his arm is his F-smash

blakinola

Constantly Delicious
You think the kill cloud would be a little higher, cause of the trajectory one goes when hit with the second part of link's smash.

If it is even two hits anymore...

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
It's either the second hit of the forward smash, or like what was said before, it's a dash.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That's the Fsmash, alright. Really, the only two interpretations of this that make sense to be is that the second attack was arbitrary, and Mario had already been knocked off, or they changed the trajectory of Link's second attack.

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
it does look like mario died inches from the platform...

you think the new stages will be thinner and have lower ceilings possibly?

and maybe make all players alittle bit heavier,
that would put the lighter characters at a disadvantage,
because their great 3rd jumps would have less use...
they would die before being able to use them

muahaha

Keta

Smash Journeyman
It might just look that way, we don't really know how the new "death explosions" look right now. ..and that could be the beginning, middle, or end of the animation. Assuming beginning due to Link's pose. Who knows.. *shrug*

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Maybe Mario got knocked of the stage by Likn's first slash in his F-smash, and then slashed a second time when Mario got KOd?

Deva

Smash Lord
It's the F-smash. The shield is on his back, and he used the second smash after he hit Mario, which is why he didn't go up. It's pretty obvious.

Top Bottom