• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's fast fall...

Hagar

Smash Cadet
I've SD'd more than I would've like while trying to pull out a bomb in midair... It just seems so much faster than everyone elses.

Go on battlefield, get on the top platform, take out a bomb, double jump so at the height of your jump you're above either of the lower platforms. At the height of your jump, throw the bomb downwards, shortfall, and right before you hit the lower platform airdodge. He can actually catch the bomb right before you hit the ground if you do it right:(

On another note, when I use link, I tend to constantly pull bombs and just throw them up into the air for no reason. Falling bombs on edgeguarders have saved me more than once:laugh:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
On another note, when I use link, I tend to constantly pull bombs and just throw them up into the air for no reason. - Quote

I usually do that with bombs to, it makes the opponent run to you for some reason leading them into a grab..

Kikuichimonji

Smash Apprentice
Why is a quick fastfall a bad thing? It makes it harder to juggle you. If you can't pull out bombs in midair without fastfalling, go to B-sticking. With practice, his fastfall is extremely useful.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I have nothing against b-sticking and I am sure I will get use to the fast fall and make great use of it.

It is just that I have worked DAC into my approach game (its the one of the best way except for zair to approach in my opinion)

I therefore want to leave c as smashes.

Is it a timing thing to not do fast fall?

Help me out Marth is my primary but I am trying to find a defensive secondary and link seems perfect for defence.

jalued

Smash Lord
lol, i've died quite a bit by pulling out a bomb while rcovering and causing myself to fastfall justa bit 2 far. beware the fastfall, link needs ll the recovery he can get

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
It makes no diffrence, link will get killed anyway by a good edgeguarder so fastfall all you want, it wont make any diffrence.

Onitsoga

Smash Rookie
yeaa that happens all the time to me too.. so the more force u put into determines if ull fall or not?

Top Bottom