• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's at apex

Zodiac

Smash Master
How many link players will be at apex? I for one will be at apex.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Hopefully HDL and Germ.
I don't think anyone else has a real shot of making it very far.
Germ beat Hax in pools at Genesis 2.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
So are there any Links at Apex right now?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Myself and j666 were at apex, we ditto'd, I got wrecked, then I raged, then I left

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Myself and j666 were at apex, we ditto'd, I got wrecked, then I raged, then I left
Sounds like you had a bad time =/.

@ BRLNK88 I'm sure that it would be pretty hard for HDL to travel often considering that he lives in Puerto Rico...
Other than that I wonder if someday we'll meet since we both live in Texas o_O.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Lots of players (including ones worse than HDL) travel from Europe, PR is closer than Europe.
:p
I met Problem 2 at a tournament in Austin not too long ago, so maybe some day!
So you're from RGV, I imagine you know Broly then?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Sounds like you had a bad time =/.

@ BRLNK88 I'm sure that it would be pretty hard for HDL to travel often considering that he lives in Puerto Rico...
Other than that I wonder if someday we'll meet since we both live in Texas o_O.
Actually I had a very good time at apex, despite raging once or twice.

Zodiac

Smash Master
sorry didn't mean to get you mad :/
Oh its not your fault, I have a slight rage problem with video games, but your link was pretty awesome man, I just wish I was doing a little better so we could have had a real link ditto.

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Lots of players (including ones worse than HDL) travel from Europe, PR is closer than Europe.
:p
I met Problem 2 at a tournament in Austin not too long ago, so maybe some day!
So you're from RGV, I imagine you know Broly then?
Yeah I do know Broly :bee:, he's a friend of mine; amazing guy btw. He kinda recently moved to Houston. Also I've yet to meet Problem2 though. At least you guys are somewhat nearby each other, I have a hard time going faraway places since I'm like at the bottom part of Texas =/. I almost went to Houston last month for Melee's birthday and to hang out with Broly but my ride got gayed out.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Yeah I do know Broly :bee:, he's a friend of mine; amazing guy btw. He kinda recently moved to Houston. Also I've yet to meet Problem2 though. At least you guys are somewhat nearby each other, I have a hard time going faraway places since I'm like at the bottom part of Texas =/. I almost went to Houston last month for Melee's birthday and to hang out with Broly but my ride got gayed out.
I faced Broly in pools at FOTC in Austin.
He ***** me in a Marth ditto, so I switched to Link and took him to Brinstar, almost won!!
Actually, every Marth I take to Brinstar with Link I either beat or give a run for his money.
btw, people who are fascinated by how Javi holds his controller haven't met Broly...

Skeith

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skeith1
3DS FC
2019-9982-9908
Nice! As for the Marth dittos I've seen him do that a lot to others >_>. Other than that I'm sure he's probably getting more attention now since there should be a bigger smash community where he lives.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I was at Apex... ohwait, I don't play this game.

I did get wrecked by Javi in pool 1, though. I thought I did decent-ish for my first Melee tourney. The shame is on youtube if anyone wants to see.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Oh, that's you? lol, alrighty then, thanks for the input.

I wish I had people to play Melee with, I actually enjoy it more than Brawl, but there's really no one good here in North Dakota, so Brawl it is.

Yeah, I kept facepalming when I did those grabs. I forget about dashdancing in Melee, since you don't really see it often in Brawl. In Brawl I've developed an annoying habit of calling people out on tons of their approaches and just intercepting them with grabs, so I practically baited myself into grabbing against Javi like that, xD.

I actually felt I did very well for it being my first real tourney, too.

If anyone else would be up to give critcism/feedback, I'm always more than happy to get what info I can.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Oh, that's you? lol, alrighty then, thanks for the input.

I wish I had people to play Melee with, I actually enjoy it more than Brawl, but there's really no one good here in North Dakota, so Brawl it is.

Yeah, I kept facepalming when I did those grabs. I forget about dashdancing in Melee, since you don't really see it often in Brawl. In Brawl I've developed an annoying habit of calling people out on tons of their approaches and just intercepting them with grabs, so I practically baited myself into grabbing against Javi like that, xD.

I actually felt I did very well for it being my first real tourney, too.

If anyone else would be up to give critcism/feedback, I'm always more than happy to get what info I can.
I wouldn't sweat it if there's no one good to play Melee with in your area, you can still play it with them. Playing people who are better than you makes you better for sure, but you can really sharpen your offensive game by playing those that are worse than you. A player thats better than you will inevitably put you on the defensive, which gives you fewer opportunities to practice combos and gimps. I enjoy Project M more than Melee, and I still play it more even though there are fewer people to play it with, mainly because the people I play Melee with are tier *****s and ***** about the fact characters like Falcon and Falco aren't completely identical to their Melee counterparts.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Link dittos are meh...
It all comes down to your playstyle. Going up against a really campy Link is incredibly frustrating since Link is hardly good at approaching.
He does combo himself very well.

Top Bottom