• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

links arrows?

tappy

Smash Ace
i have noticed that i rarely ever use links arrows, so i tried using them in a battle and they seemed kind of hard to use. i know they can actually be pretty useful but not as much as his boomerang and bomb...

i guess they'd be easier to use when you're farther away from your opponent, do you guys have any tips for me?

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes when I'm just messing around I get my opponents to high % and use a fully charged arrow -> dair combo. I saw Aniki do it in a video once, it's fun. =P

But other than that, I don't really use em. Just bombs/ boomerangs.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Arrows are a bit impractical due to the fact that you can't move. I really only use them when I beat someone across the stage and they're too far away to hit w/ a Boomerang or a Bomb. Or if I knock Fox and Falco off the stage, I try to snipe them out w/ uncharged arrows. If you hit them while they're charging the upB, they'll sink; also if you hit them anywhere during their sideB.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, don't use the arrows in real play. Just stick with bombs and boomerangs. If you're just messing around with someone, feel free to do whatever you want.

Deva

Smash Lord
arrows are awesome approaches just sh arrow, its amazing.
Arrows have actually become a fairly large part of my game against characters like Shiek. Since most Shieks are looking to get in for a chain grab, I spam bombs and boomerangs to slow their approach. Then when they think they finally have a chance to get in, I launch and uncharged arrow. It is the fastest projectile to launch when uncharged but its use is very situational. It will stop their approach right in front of you so you can start your own combo with something like a d-smash. Sh arrows work pretty well too though I recommend the rang more for that style.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
well the boomerang is more for opponents a little further away, in my opinion. the SH-arrow move should work just fine if you don't spam it. you might even be able to dsmash right after and start a combo.

StoneColdLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WHAT007
I would only use arrows if to keep people off the level or try to hit people while they use there upB. Young Link is the only one i use arrows for cause you can release a good 2-3 arrows with one full jump, its helpful if you want your opponent to be on guard and most people dont really see them coming. If you use them wisely, they can be handy

Top Bottom