• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs. jiggs

Deva

Smash Lord
just throwing projectiles doesn't work. Use them to force jiggs into a u-air cuz that'll kill her as early as the dair would on other characters. In general, use projectiles to screw up her approach and jump in for an attack.

ONE IMPORTANT NOTE: only use spaced arials and jabs since they have little lag. Jiggs can jump towards you even after a d-smash and rest or cc into a rest, AND NEVER use the grab or spin attack cuz if you miss, you get rested.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Thanks Deva for the most par thats what i try to do but it hard on a good jiggs cuz one mistake and its going to cost you one stock. I have a really hard time getting jiggs with the uair could at first when we played but now he seems to DI back and then i can't get close enough to do it.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
Ya i looked at it but it didn't help much (I'm assuming you are talking about 8000's guide) the part on jiggs was more just saying jiggs is bad and it shouldn't be a hard match up.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
no boomerang is terrible in this match up since she can easyly swat it away with her feet and attack you at the same time same goes for arrows bombs are more important for this match up. I'd say lol

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
SPAM EVERYTHING WHEN IT COME TO JIGS. Also catching your rangs will speed your game. Don't aprouch jigs, jigs come to you. and when that ballon does spam everything. the way i kill jigs is after a bomb i follow up with a dair.

algandar88

Smash Journeyman
SPAM EVERYTHING WHEN IT COME TO JIGS. Also catching your rangs will speed your game. Don't aprouch jigs, jigs come to you. and when that ballon does spam everything. the way i kill jigs is after a bomb i follow up with a dair.
nice job sir that my play as well

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Limit trying to grab jigs. Also watch out for the COUCH CANCELL TO REST. Its very gay. trust me. Leave your grapple as the last resort for recovery. Or just mix it up. NEVER EVER APPOUCH A BOLLON WITH A NAIR.

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
Moves NOT to do unless you are SURE you will get her: Up+B, Hookshot and second F-smash, dash attack, I know this because I alt Jiggs and play with Link. I'm not saying never grab b/c if you're fight a blocking jiggs it may help you to grab, especially if you use the D-throw D-air combo. I'm not saying never up+B just be sure you'll hit her with it (DO NOT SPAM IT) . Basically spacing projectiles and aeials (Except maybe fair) will build up her damage and mostly anything you do will finish her off just don't get panicky when she doesn't die and UP+B, also mind game her when you recover air dodge a direction and hookshot.

Sliq

Smash Master
Use the boomerang when she is above or below you, because either it'll hit her, or she'll be forced to block it with her fair, and putting her on the defensive by blocking the boomerang allows you to hit her before she is able to pull off another move, and if she moves away, no loss, seeing as you want her away from you. Bombs are your friend, as they stuff her enough for you to up air or dair her, which is the best way to kill her.

Up b out of shield is effective if you see the Jiggs mis-space an aerial or if she attempts to land right behind you for an up tilt (or if she tries any ground based moves that are laggy, like f smash or dash attack, in which case, depending on which way you are facing, you could grab instead). If a Jiggs lands behind you, NEVER jump out of shield, they will up tilt rest you. Roll away from her, and there isn't really anything she can do to you because she is so slow.

Almost always tech away from Jiggs. She is not fast enough to catch you, and if you tech in place or towards you can be punished. This does not apply when you are too close to an edge and teching away moves you nowhere, so your best bet is to not tech, and just do your standing animation.

This whole match is basically about projectile setups, spacing, and priority. Arrows aren't that useful due to the lack of hit stun and damage, not to mention the arc they fly and the leg. Y.Links are actually useable, but not Link. Boomerang and bomb to aerial, space fairs, out prioritize with nair.

To recover, if the Jiggs comes out after you, up b into her. If she tries to place herself between you and the level below the edge, sweet spot the hookshot. She shouldn't be able to come from behind you, because if she remains and the stage, sweetspot a hook shot.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
So i was doing all the **** you guys suggested and it was working but on a grab combo i jumped to do a D-air and got rested out of it. Is this something that can happen every time or was it just luck?

And i only grabbed after a kick cuz of the stun so i knew i would land.

OcarinaLink

Smash Journeyman
By the time you land the d-air on Jiggs, her stun will have worn off, and she can rest you. On top of that, landing the d-air after a d-throw involved the same spacing that a rest requires to hit...so don't do it =P Try following up with a up-air after a d-throw, or just u-throw her, period.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Sliq giving away Jiggly info, just to make our matches more fun since Link is one of my favorites to fight :chuckle:

But the thing about the boomerang which you mentioned, doesn't help if a Jiggly approaches with N+air. The boomerang gets knocked back and you get to catch it and the N+air.

Sorry I can't really help on the thread but good luck. I guess the worst thing for a Jiggly against Link is getting U+air juggled. But otherwise...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Lmao ohh yeah i forgot bout this tip... its not using your nahs at all its using your brain, count your jumps. Cause i see a lot of Link players getting rested and saying it was the controllers fualt that he died cause he didn't have a jump. Lol. trying to SDI rest works, also when getting rested at lot percentage DI towards in the middle in the stage. Lol.

Top Bottom