• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link taunts

Sourz

Smash Cadet
↑ taunt: He twirls his sword twice and sheaths it. (just like in Twilight princess!!! =P)

←→ taunt: Oh. A fairy. (this one looks neat)

↓ taunt: Is this his mysterious pose from the Nintendo 64 version?! (thank God! the hair flip taunt from melee has been removed!)

Up taunt is definitely my favorite, it's actually the one that i had been hoping for ever since seeing link do that in TP. N64 taunt is kinda weird... but way better than link flippin' his hair in melee.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
But the Hair Flip rocked!
Well... my opinion actually depends on what the N64 taunt is like. If it's really cool and pisses people off, I guess I'll be fine...
But still! I loved the hair flip :(

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Personally, I'm glad the 64 taunt is back! I loved it along with his "hup!" that went with it!

The TP taunt is priceless, and probably the favorite of the crowds.

As for the Melee taunt, yeah, too bad that it's not still here, but IMO the fairy taunt is a nice alternative from it. =]

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I think I'm going to miss the hair flip. It would have been the nonchalant taunt as opposed to the two badass ones. Imagine beating the hell out of your opponent, and then flipping your hair as if to say they were nothing compared to you.

The fairy one looks stupid.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
But I liked the hair flip. It actually showed cockyness, it was like "ehh yeah, I know I just pwned you."

The fairy one doesn't seem that good...
Exactly my point! Link + cocky Hair Flip = pwnage
And I wanted to see TP Link flipping his hair XDD

Sourz

Smash Cadet
The hair flip taunt doesn't seem like something link would do, that's why i don't like it. but yes, it's great for pissing people off.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
It was a given that a TP-based Link would get the whole "flourish finish"-esque taunt. As for leaving out his hair flipping from Melee, I'l be one to admit that it's probably the most out of character thing I've seen him do in and out of a game. And while I never hated it, I always found it to be a tad...fruity (even though one of his taunts in this game involves a fairy, but whatever).

But last time I checked, Link twirled his sword three times in Twilight Princess whenever he did that victory pose (or at the very least, there were three swing sounds before he sheathed it).

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
It was a given that a TP-based Link would get the whole "flourish finish"-esque taunt. As for leaving out his hair flipping from Melee, I'l be one to admit that it's probably the most out of character thing I've seen him do in and out of a game. And while I never hated it, I always found it to be a tad...fruity (even though one of his taunts in this game involves a fairy, but whatever).

But last time I checked, Link twirled his sword three times in Twilight Princess whenever he did that victory pose (or at the very least, there were three swing sounds before he sheathed it).
It was more like two slashes while stepping forward, then raising the sword above his head, twirling it, and sheathing it. But all of that is probably too long for a taunt.

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace

Wasn't he cocky in the old tv show though? Neither was he ever quiet. This is going off of memory though.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Up taunt is great, that was on my mind for Smash as soon as I saw it in TP. The fairy is cool, and I actually like the N64 one :o. The Melee one wasn't all that great IMO.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't he cocky in the old tv show though? Neither was he ever quiet. This is going off of memory though.
I refuse to believe that that was Link! Well fine, I never DID see the show properly before, only saw a clip of the "Well ExCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me" and that was bad enough. But still!

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, Link was never really "manly".
Eh, that's just cuz of how young he usually is. The oldest he's ever been is a teenager after all. Besides, at least he's not like one of those effiminine Japanese RPG characters (no offense to their fans). That said, it's not like Link is the greatest source of manliness in video games(that spot's already taken by another game character IMO), especially since I doubt that was ever an intention anyway (because like I said, he doesn't seem to be any older than his teens).

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Eh, that's just cuz of how young he usually is. The oldest he's ever been is a teenager after all. Besides, at least he's not like one of those effiminine Japanese RPG characters (no offense to their fans). That said, it's not like Link is the greatest source of manliness in video games(that spot's already taken by another game character IMO), especially since I doubt that was ever an intention anyway (because like I said, he doesn't seem to be any older than his teens).
Yeah, it's probably because of his age.

By 'not manly', I don't mean he's 'girly' like Marth or something. Link has the 'I'm too cool' factor going on for him. He's so cool he can get away with wearing a floppy hat with elf ears and still be pretty badass.

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's probably because of his age.

By 'not manly', I don't mean he's 'girly' like Marth or something. Link has the 'I'm too cool' factor going on for him. He's so cool he can get away with wearing a floppy hat with elf ears and still be pretty badass.
And the tights. Never forget the tights. And Young Link doesn't even wear tights, he's that badass XD

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
The TP taunt and the N64 taunt are truely badass (way better than the hair flipping - it was kinda out of character). The fairy one is silly :psycho:. I can definitely see myself using all three.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The hair flipping was more of a ladies man, pretty boy, attitude. Link is naturally a ladies man, but he doesn't acknowledge it, so the hair flip was definitely out of place.

True fax about the YL being so darn badass.

However, I'm going to use Up and Side because Side is reminiscent of Navi, whose been cut before she it was really truly her time......::sniffle:: <CRY>

HiIH

Smash Lord
I am always going to use the fairy taunt, and shout out in a high pitched voice "HEY! LISTEN!"

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Heh heh, yeah that would be funny. She was so annoying in OoT! Most of the time all I heard was:
CLANK! CLANK! "HEY!...HEY!...HEY!...HEY!...HEY!" and when you finally press c-up, she says "LISTEN!" and tells you the exact thing you are trying to do. :p

Edit: That was directed to HiIH.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Don't forget everytime you z targetted someone or actually listened. "What's up?" with an improper inflection.

HEY! LISTEN! How can you sneak around guards with a fairy shouting every 5 minutes!?!

DeathShadoe

Smash Rookie
Navi, STFU please.

Don't forget everytime you z targetted someone or actually listened. "What's up?" with an improper inflection.

HEY! LISTEN! How can you sneak around guards with a fairy shouting every 5 minutes!?!
5 minutes? That is a long time for Navi not to be talking.

Top Bottom