• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
I was using Ness and Shulk. On that note, Shulk just doesn't seem to do well against Link in general. It's impossible to get in.
Meta thread. Page 1, post 1, spoiler 1 entitled DThrow Combos, Strings, and Mixups. Inside that, click spoiler 2, first spoiler by Foxy. Find your character. Bask in the glorious organization and details. Oh, and learn what you want to know.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I've noticed this for a while but I really do have a massive problem facing Shulk. Does anyone have any general tips for fighting him?

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
How's it going fam ^_^

I've noticed this for a while but I really do have a massive problem facing Shulk. Does anyone have any general tips for fighting him?
Can't say I have a endless amount of experience vs one but you gotta pay close attention to whatever Monato Art they are currently using.

Look to punish his unsafe moves as often as possible.

Beat him out in the neutral and maintain stage control as this should make it much more difficult for a Shulk to win.

Be aware of his huge hitboxes too they generally catch people sleeping.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Stand perfectly still and when he does his faggy Speed/Jump art to get inside, sheild the aerial and grab him.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Today I worked hard building a house*!

*in Skyrim.

Seriously though, Skyrim is a fun game. I love all the different ways you can used things from the world to make potions, armor, etc. I'm going for a rounded at low skill levels, sneak assassin/destruction mage at high skill levels build.

Rizen

Smash Legend
New Zelder*, new Martyo, new Kawby, new Bros Smash*. Nothing on Zero F, Metwoid.

*"new" as in ported games that are available for the Wii U.
FTFY

edit, I think this snail is cute.

edit 2 new LoZ trailer is looking goooooooooood.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
So I noticed that some idiot decided to make a unneeded thread concerning patches.
There's been word going around that there will be an incoming patch this January. Thought I'd let ya'll know that we'll either be jumping for joy, smashing our hands into our faces, or do absolutely nothing.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
With the Switch confirmed with a payed subscription online service, we might see a drop in For Glory warriors.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
genesis next week, going to socal tomorrow and stay with scizor as he houses me for it. super hyped

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I kinda want to screenshot a special someone's profile posts and leave them here. Something about never needing to play offline because he was amazing or some other BS. Can I Foxy? Pleeeeeeaseeeeeee?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Congrats to Scizor and Cat for getting 7th and 17th at Mega Smash Mondays 81 (185 entrants | SoCal)!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Does anyone else play Skyrim? I want to post about it but it only makes sense if other people play it too.

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
New art of link by izaw is out, with help from me, foxy and stryker.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah i have played it. Not the HD port though just the original

:135:
I bought a PS4 so that's probably the HD port version. ATM I'm trying to save up enough money to buy a house in Solitude. They cost 5 times as much as other territories :facepalm:. Solitude is the 'Aspen Colorado' of Skyrim; it's this big scene with preppy people and winter sports.
I'm taking Lidea as my follower. The main benefit is have 2 people to haul loot. I kind of like her but she can be racist ("Skyrim belongs to the Nords", "Stupid Ogre", "There's no place for your kind here") :c

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I bought a PS4 so that's probably the HD port version. ATM I'm trying to save up enough money to buy a house in Solitude. They cost 5 times as much as other territories :facepalm:. Solitude is the 'Aspen Colorado' of Skyrim; it's this big scene with preppy people and winter sports.
I'm taking Lidea as my follower. The main benefit is have 2 people to haul loot. I kind of like her but she can be racist ("Skyrim belongs to the Nords", "Stupid Ogre", "There's no place for your kind here") :c
I'd say just buy a house a Whiterun. It's cheap and one of the most visited locations you have. Though if you are short on money, maybe join the Thieves Guild or Dark Brother hood, you can get a lot of cash easily that way. Unless of course you are a pure hearted hero then maybe just stick with the Companions (another reason to have a house in Whiterun)

I'm sort of 50/50 on followers. I mean they are good to have to carry stuff and when you are still weak and die to a simple mage. But after a while idk they just sort of become impractical. I mean 90% i a thief class when i play so i never really carry much and followers suck a lot when you are trying to be sneaky.

Oh she says that stuff? I never noticed before though it does make sense for her being a nord (Nords are pretty big ***holes, reason why i never join the stormcloaks)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Skyrim Stuff:
I'm a completionist and am trying to get all the properties. I enchanted loot weapons with paralyze then sold them for easy money and bought the house. Later I learned the banish enchantment which has really good payoff, even with petty soul gems.

Followers suck for sneaking. My khajiit "build" is based around sneak, enchanting/conjuration and archery with lesser emphasis on restoration, destruction, alchemy and both one and 2 handed weapons as needed. Kind of a hero (assassin) for hire.

Lidea has messed me up many times and I accidentally killed her a few times, lol. Thank goodness for quick saves. I almost never die anymore but have to worry about her.
She is very helpful in some combat situations since I equipped her like a tank with Orc armor, heavy armor and health boosting enchantments and a 2 handed axe with stamina drain. I can sneak and get damage bonuses while she takes the enemies head on, healing her with healing hands as needed. And of course her carrying loot is useful.

I'm level 35ish and have done the main quest to the grey beards wanting me to retrieve the horn. I've wandered much more and done several subquests. Ebony weapons and armor are starting to appear for me.

My character is helpful but unaffiliated to either side. I like to have friends in high places but never be under them. I dislike both sides of the civil war. The imperials tried to kill me at the start, occupied Skyrim and dictated how they can worship, i e banning Talos worship. The Stormclokes can be backwards thinking and often prejudiced of other races, even though it is their land and technically the duel where Stormcloke killed the high king sounds legal. I like Jarl Elifel (?) of Solitude better as a ruler but think the imperial general is really running the show and he seems as bad as Stormcloke. Either way sucks for khajiit.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Skyrim Stuff:
I'm a completionist and am trying to get all the properties. I enchanted loot weapons with paralyze then sold them for easy money and bought the house. Later I learned the banish enchantment which has really good payoff, even with petty soul gems.

Followers suck for sneaking. My khajiit "build" is based around sneak, enchanting/conjuration and archery with lesser emphasis on restoration, destruction, alchemy and both one and 2 handed weapons as needed. Kind of a hero (assassin) for hire.

Lidea has messed me up many times and I accidentally killed her a few times, lol. Thank goodness for quick saves. I almost never die anymore but have to worry about her.
She is very helpful in some combat situations since I equipped her like a tank with Orc armor, heavy armor and health boosting enchantments and a 2 handed axe with stamina drain. I can sneak and get damage bonuses while she takes the enemies head on, healing her with healing hands as needed. And of course her carrying loot is useful.

I'm level 35ish and have done the main quest to the grey beards wanting me to retrieve the horn. I've wandered much more and done several subquests. Ebony weapons and armor are starting to appear for me.

My character is helpful but unaffiliated to either side. I like to have friends in high places but never be under them. I dislike both sides of the civil war. The imperials tried to kill me at the start, occupied Skyrim and dictated how they can worship, i e banning Talos worship. The Stormclokes can be backwards thinking and often prejudiced of other races, even though it is their land and technically the duel where Stormcloke killed the high king sounds legal. I like Jarl Elifel (?) of Solitude better as a ruler but think the imperial general is really running the show and he seems as bad as Stormcloke. Either way sucks for khajiit.
Yeah that is a pretty good way to level up. Two other ways i can think of is just continually smithing Iron Daggers and selling them and also going to tutors, getting them to level you up and then pickpocket the money you just gave them. Two birds with one stone all for free.

Yeah i normally go khajiit for thief just cause they are the best for it (though sadly that is their stereotype in this game). Also the way you describe your guy makes me think of like Deadpool or Speed o' Sound Sonic (except good, even though technically Deadpool is a good guy now). Tbh, Alchmey isn't all that bad to learn, especially if you don't want to bother leveling up on Magic, like i never ever both with restoration magic ever. I only need the simple heal spell or Potions and that will do me. Also two handed weapons for sneak class always felt off for me. The most i will ever go is a sword but general it's one or two handed daggers for me

Oh Man I know that feel. I'm just lining up the perfect shot or swing my dagger like crazy in a group of enemies and then Lidea walks in front of me and dies. And while she is carry about 8 dragon bones and scales as well. Eh by level 20ish if i get my sneak up enough the enemy never spots me so i never have to worry about head on battles. But that's probably cause i never bother to give her any armour. But yeah she is good for carrying extra stuff around.

I finish the Grey Beards quest up until Fos Ro Dah full sho. I mean it's basically the main shout of the game, I know it's useless but I still have to get it. After that then i focus more on side quest and side stories

Yeah i know right? The Jarl of Solitude is a top block but the imperials are just extreme jerks with everything else. I mean banning a religion? They are literally just as bad as the Stormclocks. I'm like you never choosing a side even later in the story when you ahve to arrange a truce

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been in a rotten mood lately.

Anyone like Games Done Quick? I saw a speedrun of this on ADGQ. It was a cool premise for a game but the execution looks weak. No personality or depth; it's a shame.
It's like a discount Alice Madness Returns.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I came to smashboards hoping to see Rizen's kitten.

I am most pleased.

She's at that mid-way point between cute and beautiful.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Breath of the Wild is coming out March 3rd, I reserved my copy :) I'm giving my hands a break from Skyrim today. Open world exploration games are really fun. The 'Night to Remember' and subsequent Markarth quests really pulled me in and I didn't want to stop playing.

It's nice to have video games when the real world sucks so hard.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of Breath of the Wild, apparently it is confirmed to have DLC in the from a expansion (season) pass. And there has been quiet the rage about it.

Honestly, i don't full understand the whole thing, but to me it just seems like Nintendo is releasing a bundle pack DLC for the game that you can purchase before the release. And that it is new content being add onto a completed game, not like them releasing half the game next month and the rest of the game as DLC

Top Bottom