• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link Pros

VanHero

Smash Cadet
I'm new to cmpetitive gaming, so i wanted to know who are considered the best Link Players, maybe that way I can see how I compare to them.

Brett~*

Smash Rookie
Well I know that my Link is really good. He's my number one main and I use him alot. But, considering how I don't come on here a whole lot and im not well known around here, I wouldn't compare yours to mine. Plus I don't even have a video of him to show....

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Izaw, Deva, Anika (from Melee), the list goes on. All of these guys have videos, especially Izaw who stunned me and got me into competitive Brawling in the first place. Linkageddon is one godly video.

If you're looking for any other great Link mainers, there's a thread named "Another experienced Link Player joins the forums", and it has a list of some very talented players.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Force(lots of hardcore ranged videos), Trevyn( lots of good videos versus Falco players), Deva (lots of good videos), Legan (lots and lots of good videos), Izaw (awesome Advanced technique videos) Arkivezero (lots of videos versus Kirby), and so forth. If I ever could get the equipment for the TV hook up, I'd put some nice matches up versus Wolf, Ness, and Lucas, but until then I can not post, but if you watch these youtube videos, you should be able to get a lot better.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Each pro has their own unique style with Link. I cant explain them but you can sure tell the difference between Deva,Izaw,Trevyn, and other Link pros. I just pick the style that is easiest for me. Find how you play link now and compare it to other link pros and see which one relates to you the most. For me, personally, like Deva cause he basically is the Link that gets good ranks and placings. Dont take my word for it, you have to see for yourself and choose which pro you want to "copy".

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Don't forget Aurashade. ;)
You know, I thought Aurashade was really good, but then I read somewhere Deva saying he wasn't actually good. He's just the biggest troll on these forums. Plus he doesn't have any video references. He started a guide, but that plunged past the first page of these threads. He didn't finish it. I haven't see him around the Link boards lately. So never mind about Aurashade.

DSP

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I know. I was being ironic.
But I hope he'll show up again. Always refreshing to see a little trollin' expertise.

Does anyone know what happened to the Melee pros, specifically GERM and Aniki? I know Aniki quit Link for Samus during Melee, but I've never heard of him or GERM in Brawl times.

D

Deleted member

first of all i'd like to start out saying that watching videos does not mean that you stand a chance against that player in a real match (wifi doesnt count either because i sandbag 100% of my matches lol)

you watch videos to learn approaches, simple combos, and situational tools

you dont watch them for player skill, reading opponents and full proof ways of beating other characters

to answer your question i think deva is the best link(true? idk). legan and dolphins22 are also amazing link's (dolphins goes to AiB)

VanHero

Smash Cadet
first of all i'd like to start out saying that watching videos does not mean that you stand a chance against that player in a real match (wifi doesnt count either because i sandbag 100% of my matches lol)

you watch videos to learn approaches, simple combos, and situational tools

you dont watch them for player skill, reading opponents and full proof ways of beating other characters

to answer your question i think deva is the best link(true? idk). legan and dolphins22 are also amazing link's (dolphins goes to AiB)
i realize that i was just asking to see what videos to look up, so i can see how skilled I am compared to tother players, and to be honest i'd put up a decent fight against them (but still lose most likely)

Jink

Smash Apprentice
I have some replays VS my brother saved on my Wii, I'll add my Wii's message number (is not the Brawl code number, is the one in your Wii with 0000-0000-0000-0000 digits.) in as signature, if anyone is interested to see the way of Jink, please post me your Wii's message code number ;).

Hoey988

Smash Rookie
yeah, I know. I was being ironic.
But I hope he'll show up again. Always refreshing to see a little trollin' expertise.

Does anyone know what happened to the Melee pros, specifically GERM and Aniki? I know Aniki quit Link for Samus during Melee, but I've never heard of him or GERM in Brawl times.
Ive heard from somewhere that GERM is using Wolf in brawl.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Yea, GERM plays Wolf now, he is the only person I have seen that is better than my brother, the guy DEVA played against VISTA, or w/e did not seem nearly as good as GERM, but I haven't seen any good recent videos of WOLF, whoever played Overswam in that one tournament was bad. Germ's wolf is a beast.

D

Deleted member

i realize that i was just asking to see what videos to look up, so i can see how skilled I am compared to tother players, and to be honest i'd put up a decent fight against them (but still lose most likely)
you obviously dont realize anything because just watching a video does not mean you can compare skill, you can compare playstyle sure, but not skill. and we wont be able to tell if you can put up a fight against them until you either play at a tourney or play them offline

Top Bottom