• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link has his own Glide toss(VID)

4Serial

Smash Lord
I've seen NinjaLink, along with a bunch of other players, using glidetossing with ROB, Diddy, and Peach and it's really insane how they makes it work. It's a little bit hard to do it consistently with Link, but I'd love to see someone fully utilize his bombsliding variations at its full potential. I believe these are already known, but good job getting good quality vids up. lol

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I'm extremly glad you are finding out these things on your own props.

Unfortunately this has been known for a little while. We call it bombsliding.

On the bright side. Your the first one to put up a really good vid of it so I shall thank you for that.

By the way Terywj.. I love that new sig.

sasook

Smash Champion
Awesome video, but shouldn't this have been posted in the other "Reverse Bombsliding" topic? I don't think an entire new topic was needed.

sasook

Smash Champion
*sigh* I just cannot get the timings right. I mean, I had the bombslide consistent, then when I started to get this, my normal bombslide timing got messed up. It's like every time I get the hang of a new one, the old one fades from muscle memory. Also, I keep throwing the bomb directly down. Tips?

4Serial

Smash Lord
when you DAC, you normally use c-stick DOWN to do it right?
i find it so much easier to use forward or backwards.
Even if you mess up the timing, the bomb at least goes somewhere that isn't under your ***

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Lol, so we meet again, God-is-my-Rock. xD This time in a place more formal then Youtube comments. lol.

4Serial: Zomg, now I feel like a tard... I shoulda thought to try different directions than Cdown. I tend to JC Dthrow it at my feet alot. lol.

sasook

Smash Champion
when you DAC, you normally use c-stick DOWN to do it right?
i find it so much easier to use forward or backwards.
Even if you mess up the timing, the bomb at least goes somewhere that isn't under your ***
I tried that too, but then I'd just end up throwing it without sliding. So I decided to turn off tap jump. Miraculously, I was able to control all the bombslides a lot better.

To experiment, I went back and turned it on. Again, I pretty much blew myself up or just threw them.

I went back and forth 3 times, and I dunno how, but tap jump apparently affects bombsliding.

I would always perform it much better (and much easier) with it off.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I tried that too, but then I'd just end up throwing it without sliding. So I decided to turn off tap jump. Miraculously, I was able to control all the bombslides a lot better.

To experiment, I went back and turned it on. Again, I pretty much blew myself up or just threw them.

I went back and forth 3 times, and I dunno how, but tap jump apparently affects bombsliding.

I would always perform it much better (and much easier) with it off.
It's because with TapJump on, you end up JCing you're throws. X_X

4Serial

Smash Lord
I don't know.. I like the idea of having Tap Jump off so that I don't waste my jumps, but I feel like I lose a lot of other things. Up+B (I know) and U-smash (I think) out of shield isn't as easy to do. It's still easy without tap jump, but I'd have to get used to it... lol I dunno I just feel like I lose a lot of other stuff. I'll try it out some time though.

sasook

Smash Champion
It's because with TapJump on, you end up JCing you're throws. X_X
What does JCing mean?

I don't know.. I like the idea of having Tap Jump off so that I don't waste my jumps, but I feel like I lose a lot of other things. Up+B (I know) and U-smash (I think) out of shield isn't as easy to do. It's still easy without tap jump, but I'd have to get used to it... lol I dunno I just feel like I lose a lot of other stuff. I'll try it out some time though.
I know what you're saying, I feel the same way. I like tap jump, it can, in certain situations, provide a better short hop than my X button. And though I've never actually played a match with tap jump off, I just have an inkling that the spin attack doesn't go as high.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
JCing means jump canceling. And it's hard to DAC with tap jump. X_x Seriously, I'm hardly able to do it when I forget my name lol. Plus, it messes with my game. I've adapted to tap jumpless meta game lol

4Serial

Smash Lord
oh, i only jump with the X button, i never purposely do it with the control stick lol i guess i might double jump sometimes with it though, i dunno it just feels weird without it.
When you run and dash throw a bomb, there's lag, and you can only go forward. Jump Canceling cancels the lag and allows you to throw it forward and backwards, I dunno about upwards and down. The jump cancels the dash, and the throw cancels the jump.

sasook

Smash Champion
JCing means jump canceling. And it's hard to DAC with tap jump. X_x Seriously, I'm hardly able to do it when I forget my name lol. Plus, it messes with my game. I've adapted to tap jumpless meta game lol
DAC, the normal one? Really? I can do it very easily with tap jump on, never found it hard. Unless you're talking about bombsliding, then yes I agree.

oh, i only jump with the X button, i never purposely do it with the control stick lol i guess i might double jump sometimes with it though, i dunno it just feels weird without it.
When you run and dash throw a bomb, there's lag, and you can only go forward. Jump Canceling cancels the lag and allows you to throw it forward and backwards, I dunno about upwards and down. The jump cancels the dash, and the throw cancels the jump.
.....Totally lost me there lol

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Really? I can DAC without a problem with TapJump on. It's just BombSliding that's difficult. Do you have you're controls modified? I have my R set to attack, I use it for DAC and BombSmashing.

I don't really/have ever used BombSliding in a real match though, so I'm not worried.

I like to keep my options of Usmash and UpB out of shield though.

Yeah, JC is Jump Cancel like they said. During a dash, just start to jump, and while Link is in his "hunkered down" getting ready to actually leave the ground frames, you can throw the Bomb in any direction, and oh, you won't jump afterwards either. So it can let you say... dash to retreat, have the ****** you're fighting follow you, and you can instantly throw the Bomb strait in their face. lol.

sasook

Smash Champion
I see....

I kind of understand. But why does this (jump canceling) affect bombsliding so much? It's ridiculous how much easier I find it without tap jump.

BTW, I'd like to incorporate reverse bombsliding, reverse fakes, "glide tossing" motion (because the normal one has the upthrow lag), and upthrow sliding all into my game. I think it would make someone that much more unpredictable.

I rarely use anything out of shield, so that doesn't bother me too much. I'm just worried that the aerial spin attack won't go as high without tap jump (don't ask why, its like a superstition).

ShieryuSilvr

Smash Apprentice
I watched it a few times and it looks like its a jump canceled up smash throw. I use tap jumps off, so this is kinda easy trying it like that.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I see....

I kind of understand. But why does this (jump canceling) affect bombsliding so much? It's ridiculous how much easier I find it without tap jump.

BTW, I'd like to incorporate reverse bombsliding, reverse fakes, "glide tossing" motion (because the normal one has the upthrow lag), and upthrow sliding all into my game. I think it would make someone that much more unpredictable.

I rarely use anything out of shield, so that doesn't bother me too much. I'm just worried that the aerial spin attack won't go as high without tap jump (don't ask why, its like a superstition).
The reason it affects the BombSliding is because when you press up, just like in the DAC, it initiates a jump instead, so you end up JCing it.

BombSliding always sounded fun to incorporate to me, but I never really found any amazing uses for it, who knows, maybe you could.

I don't really Usmash out of shield too often, but UpB out of shield is a great killer for any tard who tries to do a ledge attack while recovering. lol.

sasook

Smash Champion
The reason it affects the BombSliding is because when you press up, just like in the DAC, it initiates a jump instead, so you end up JCing it.

BombSliding always sounded fun to incorporate to me, but I never really found any amazing uses for it, who knows, maybe you could.

I don't really Usmash out of shield too often, but UpB out of shield is a great killer for any tard who tries to do a ledge attack while recovering. lol.
Well, I mean, I learned about attacking out of shield like....2 weeks ago tops. Before that, I'd have no problem dropping shield and attacking right after. My fingers are quick enough for that. So to me attacking out of shield isn't a big deal.

I just want to make sure that I'm convinced to turn off tap jump before I actually do so. No one has yet answered my upb recovery question? Does tap jump off make it go less higher?

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Well, I mean, I learned about attacking out of shield like....2 weeks ago tops. Before that, I'd have no problem dropping shield and attacking right after. My fingers are quick enough for that. So to me attacking out of shield isn't a big deal.

I just want to make sure that I'm convinced to turn off tap jump before I actually do so. No one has yet answered my upb recovery question? Does tap jump off make it go less higher?
I'm pretty sure his UpB is a constant regardless of tapjump on or off.

@ Soup: Lol, I'm sorry, but it was really, really funny to watch your hopes be raised and dashed in all of about 5 mins, from 1st to 2nd post. xD

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure his UpB is a constant regardless of tapjump on or off.

@ Soup: Lol, I'm sorry, but it was really, really funny to watch your hopes be raised and dashed in all of about 5 mins, from 1st to 2nd post. xD
Well TL can do it :), not as good as Link, but he can do the backwards toss, which Im sure we will find a way to incorporate this into his game :).

Top Bottom