• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link: Full Guide & Discussion Topic

B Link

Smash Lord
Good links are annoying

They make me nervous cuz I never wanna lose to a LINK (unless I'm samus or luigi or something lol)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
exactly

playing as a high tier against a low tier is annoying because you have everything to lose and nothing to gain

like beating a link as a fox means nothing but beating a fox as link counts

guess that's why i play low tiers a lot =3

The Star King

Smash Hero
you're wrong, playing high tier vs low tier is fun because you get to abuse your char and feel like a villain

Sangoku

Smash Master
Playing Link is annoying with any char, because his playstyle implies things we don't like (camp/run away, projectile spam, etc).

inb4 Star King pointing out Euro's campy Links (it's been better lately though)

B Link

Smash Lord
you're wrong, playing high tier vs low tier is fun because you get to abuse your char and feel like a villain
playing high tier vs low tier is fun because you get to abuse your char and feel like a villain
because you get to abuse your char and feel like a villain
you get to abuse your char and feel like a villain
lol

I've always wanted to do one of these

ShadowSmasher98

Smash Cadet
not always, even when i was a (below average in skill) Pika main, i lost to above average Link's and a Samus... though Link is annoying to fight, he's fun to use... I even told a Link player to stop using bombs, so yh, you can tell that I hate fighting campy people... unless i'm using Link aswell :rolleyes:

If you wanna know; he did stop using bombs, though he said "ok, but not everyone will stop using bombs" or something like that.

And fyi, they were on their best stages... Link on Hyrule (obviously), and Samus on MushKingdom.

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Do I have to flame you again? Also that post made it sound like you were doing the opposite of bashing him, so there you go :smirk:

prisonchild

Smash Ace
i must say, it is pretty rewarding to counter your opponents combo with a returning boomerang.

that is my biggest advice to other links, have your boomerang out as much as possible, it's your friend.

my friend put pretty eloquently why link is so annoying to play against the other day: "it's like items off doesn't apply to him"

asianaussie

Smash Hero
a campy fox is objectively more annoying to play against than a campy link

except that when you play link you're expected to win, whereas fox camping is a great strategy you can be unashamed to lose to

Do I have to flame you again? Also that post made it sound like you were doing the opposite of bashing him, so there you go :smirk:
ur dum

M!nt

Smash Champion
link is worse than aids, his whole series should be wiped off the planet.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I think I should start being a camper with link. I keep losing trying to be too aggressive.

I like to think of it as I'm being aggressive, but with the projectiles. Bombs and boomerang to cover options. Force them to act in someway towards me. Then as soon as a hit is made you go into a frenzy of racking up damage whichever way you can make work. If anything, playing link is more satisfying because you don't really win with the zero to death combos. You win by removing options from the opponent and really get a good edgeguard in on them. Occasionally you can land a finisher.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah. Aggressive Link is good.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Oh my god do you live up to your name. Play better opponents, learn to z cancel, short hop, etc etc. watch videos of isai's link.

:phone:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Thanks. I try to live up to my name. Fortunately, I have plenty of people who are better than me so I'll be growing quickly! :)

I'll be looking to share more (and better) vids with you guys as I grow.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not quite sure. I'm not sure how many of our 64 players play online. I know if anything, we'd rather settle our differences in person than online.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Oh wow, I never saw this. As strange as it sounds, last time I looked my web browser didn't display the other pages at the bottom for some reason. Thanks!

Top Bottom