• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Capu

Smash Rookie
Is there any 3DS player by the name of "Tiih" around here? i just played him and his Link was superb! I go by the name Diego btw.

http://challonge.com/Sm4sh_Hardcore

2nd Place last night keep it rolling with the same energy tonight hopefully!
Hey dude i saw your fighting m2k, you played pretty well against him. what can you say about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Autumn is my favorite season. I'm drinking some hot apple cider and CO is a gorgeous state.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Autumn is my favorite season. I'm drinking some hot apple cider and CO is a gorgeous state.
OH MY! that is beautiful! I wish I could live out there with a gorgeous view of the Mountains. perfect nature walk setting :)

Last edited:

BlueWing

Smash Rookie
Hey there Link boards!

I come here due to finding out via a mod PM'ing me about the situation.

So let me explain: After Genesis 3 I decided to play a Link ditto MM with Izaw because I thought that would be fun that's why I wanted to go Link, not because I went there with the intention to win (Otherwise, why not go my actual tournament mains...). So yes, we did play. He ended up winning 2 close games, and taking it, so yes, it happened, but what happened next was that he insisted on saving the replays. I mentioned to him I didn't want there to be replays, because they'd be uploaded, and I just don't enjoy how seriously people take these things.

He then proceeded to bother my friends for weeks for them to send them over to him, to the point of harassing online, eventually my friend told me (and it's how I found out he was reaching out to them about this, because I wasn't aware anything was happening) what was going on because he was sick of getting harassed and wanted him to stop, so he wanted me to say something to him. I then said what I said to him in person, so no.

He continued to harass my friend who eventually got tired of it and simply gave the replays to him under the condition that he wouldn't put them online (He kept saying that he wasn't going to, and he just wanted to watch them as a souvenir from coming to America to play and that he was just a fan of me).

He then uploaded the set, and proceeded to post it everywhere on twitter, facebook and even here from what I just saw, clearly lying to me and my friend and going against his word.

Why am I posting here about this? To clear the situation up. I don't like the whole ordeal this video caused. And also because the video isn't available anymore.

I messaged him recently about this after finding out he went against his word, and he apologized and deleted it.

Hope this clears everything up.
Damn im thinkin this is toon link community lol

This is some deep ****

Last edited by a moderator:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Speaking of jellyfish, and friend brought his HTC Vive to school. I was in a simulation under water, and I got to "touch" jellyfish, and saw a massive squid. It lasted for about 5 mins. It was amazing.

LinkEa

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! Here LinkEa, I come to leave a match to played between Drigo Toes and in the region of Concepcion (Chile) tournament, you can see the rest of the fights on the channel that was published this fight, soon will post the updated fights playlist tournament if anyone cares :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdOYzJV45fs

Rizen

Smash Legend
What's up? I played Xenoblade CX again. It's fun but I wish you could start a new game without deleting your current one. So much time farming global nemeses to upgrade my skell and equipment. I noticed that using the gamepad makes my wrists sore quicker than game cube controllers.
I went to the gym a few times so that's good. My kitten's cute but a handful.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Heard a rumor Smash 4 would get a remaster on the NX. If it's true, I wonder if you can use GCN controllers with it still.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Heard a rumor Smash 4 would get a remaster on the NX. If it's true, I wonder if you can use GCN controllers with it still.
So many remasters and re-releases. Your avatar looks like a pokeball when it's a little thumbnail. Did you do that on purpose?

Last edited:

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
So many remasters and re-releases. Your avatar looks like a pokeball when it's a little thumbnail. Did you do that on purpose?
No, but that's pretty cool, I suppose. It was supposed to be a gif of Kenshin drawing his sword, but I couldn't get it to work so I said "**** it, close enough." I don't even know if Smashboards allows gifs for avatars. Can't remember if I saw one or not.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
So the Switch just got revealed, I'm very happy with the amount of 3rd party support this time around. The only major concern I have though is the battery life, because what's the point of playing Skyrim on the go, if you can only do it for 15 minutes? Overall, looks promising and already on a better track than the Wii U. Thoughts?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
It looks okay (provided it gets a lot of good games) but I'm not into handhelds. I don't go outside to play videogames lol.
I think it's main point is that you don't have to stop playing console games. It's not like the Wii U where you can only take it to the other room. You can take it literally anywhere. I really like the idea of playing Skyrim/Breath of the Wild while laying on my bed, or taking it over my gf's, ****'s awesome. If they can keep the 3rd party support they're promising, then I'm sold.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It sounds great for a lot of people but it's not my thing. I'd rather not have electronics (sans headphones) outside and I live alone when I'm home. In many ways the Switch looks like what the Wii U should have been.

I finished watching Game Grumps LP of Wind Waker. I'm going to get flack for this but the ending was really dumb. That game isn't my thing at all. I'm not saying it's a bad game but after seeing it played all the way through I personally like it less.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Hey guys, coming in here to say there's a chance I'm going to Don't Park on the Grass! Any tips for a fellow Link main?

Also ESAM and Captain L are there so I've got a Doc too.

Also if any of you could tell me how to plug a Pro controller into the console/remove batteries from it that'd be huge, thanks <3

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I found where the 'Hero is defeated' Zelda timeline comes from:

In other news mom mom has cancer and my grandma is in hospice so I've been depressed.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Hey guys, coming in here to say there's a chance I'm going to Don't Park on the Grass! Any tips for a fellow Link main?

Also ESAM and Captain L are there so I've got a Doc too.

Also if any of you could tell me how to plug a Pro controller into the console/remove batteries from it that'd be huge, thanks <3
I'm going to Don't Park on the Grass also.
Tip for the controller: Use the GC one.

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
I found where the 'Hero is defeated' Zelda timeline comes from:

In other news mom mom has cancer and my grandma is in hospice so I've been depressed.
Oh my! I hope everything works out. i'm so sorry to hear that. i'll keep them in my prayers. :)

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I don't own a GC one. I actually practice primarily (read: Exclusively) on a 3DS, so it'd be quite the adjustment for a GCN one.
I'm not sure if the pro controller has a removable battery as it just charges w/usb like the gamepad. I think you may need to de-synch the controller after each set. That is, unless you're talking about the classic controller pro, which just needs to be attached to a wiimote that you can easily remove the AA's from after each set.

You could always pull a Vermanubis and ask your TO/opponents if it's ok to use your 3ds.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey Foxy, remember when I was talking about how dangerous sociopaths are? Well this man, this demagogue who sexually assaults women is now the most powerful man in the world.
I have lost all faith in humanity.

This isn't about you guys or people on smashboards. Most people here have been great and it's a wonderful community. I'm just done. I've had 3 family members die, 2 untimely at middle age, in the last 6 years and my grandma is in hospice and my mom has cancer in her spine and a 50% chance of living more than 4 years. The world is a horrible place.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Yo guys there's tons of funny meltdowns:
"im literally going to kill myself"
"im literally crying right now"
"im literally sick in my stomach right now"

I was at an all-night screening (I didn't sleep for this **** ;( ) and all students are for HIllary, somebody got drunk, yelled some expletives very loudly and threw his chair

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Well, don't park on the grass is going to be my first and last out-of-canada tournament.

Also, I'm so, so, sorry for all the Women, Muslim, LGBTQA+, and/or non-white people living in america right now.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Yo guys there's tons of funny meltdowns:
"im literally going to kill myself"
"im literally crying right now"
"im literally sick in my stomach right now"

I was at an all-night screening (I didn't sleep for this **** ;( ) and all students are for HIllary, somebody got drunk, yelled some expletives very loudly and threw his chair
I'm thinking of visiting Europe.
Think you can house me for the next four years?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^This.

I've decided to get a PS4 to play games like Darksouls 3, Skyrim, FFXV. It's cheaper than building a computer. Do you guys have any suggestions for good openworld/adventure/fantasy/exploration games?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I've decided to get a PS4 to play games like Darksouls 3, Skyrim, FFXV. It's cheaper than building a computer. Do you guys have any suggestions for good openworld/adventure/fantasy/exploration games?
Uncharted 4 looks very good. Guardian too.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm thinking of visiting Europe.
Think you can house me for the next four years?
We could always get a room together. There are possibilities.

I am actually planning to visit the US though -- for summer school. No one does it so you actually get paid for it: they give grands. Only options are the universities of Maryland, Connecticut and Ohio. The first two are obviously somewhat near very active smash regions, while Ohio would give me the great opportunity of making ****** sisters out of The Soulless One's siblings... Things to consider.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDK why I bother talking to people sometimes. You have someone post about hate crimes get infracted and you have the SOB who calls the people who took the pictures "trash" and they get nothing but likes. Why the hell do we bother teaching history? It repeats its self and the most despicable sociopaths rule, then people rationalize and defend them. I don't know why we teach science, people think they can choose how the world works. I am so ****ing sick of people.

Top Bottom