• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
This whole Hyuga debacle is really unfortunate. In the end it was his fault but he doesn't deserve his smash career taken from him, but it is what it is.

In the smash community, if you **** up with women once, you're done, no matter how clouded you're judgment was at the time (he was drunk). That's not to say what he did wasn't wrong, but the amount of punishment he's getting from this is messed up.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
This whole Hyuga debacle is really unfortunate. In the end it was his fault but he doesn't deserve his smash career taken from him, but it is what it is.

In the smash community, if you **** up with women once, you're done, no matter how clouded you're judgment was at the time (he was drunk). That's not to say what he did wasn't wrong, but the amount of punishment he's getting from this is messed up.
What happened? Link?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

I'm not sure you'd say that if you were molested.

Not like I've been molested, and Hyuga is doing the right thing by taking full responsibility, but it would be pretty terrifying to wake up being attacked by your friend in a room full of your friends while sleeping next to your significant other twice in one night. That's the sort of trespass that can cause long term trust issues, security issues, and emotional problems that may never go away whether your meant to or not. Think about it, if you can't feel safe with your friends and lover in your own bed, where can you feel safe? That weighs heavier than a visa or smash career.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm not sure you'd say that if you were molested.

Not like I've been molested, and Hyuga is doing the right thing by taking full responsibility, but it would be pretty terrifying to wake up being attacked by your friend in a room full of your friends while sleeping next to your significant other twice in one night. That's the sort of trespass that can cause long term trust issues, security issues, and emotional problems that may never go away whether your meant to or not. Think about it, if you can't feel safe with your friends and lover in your own bed, where can you feel safe? That weighs heavier than a visa or smash career.
Smash is his life though, so for something like this to happen is devastating. His life is practically ruined. I dunno man but I still don't feel like he deserves all of this.

Dang. Just now saw this. So like is he going to face any legal actions for this?
I'm not sure at this point, but a police report was already filed so the damage has been done. Anything else would just be overkill imo.

Last edited:

Alfador!

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaswhere
3DS FC
5043-5454-9792
I hate drama, but this is irritating. Ok. Ok...so:
He isn't a LINK player, and I don't know the guy personally, so there's literally no reason I would publicly defend the guy out of my way, but let's be real if a police report was filed, I trust the sponsors to know whether it was a bad situation. They dropped him, it sounds shady af, so yeah. That's all we know.
---
Also just saying, if you commit a crime you may face consequences such as losing sponsorship. It's not 'overkill' because you're lucky to not be arrested.

Last edited:

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Smash is his life though, so for something like this to happen is devastating. His life is practically ruined. I dunno man but I still don't feel like he deserves all of this.

I'm not sure at this point, but a police report was already filed so the damage has been done. Anything else would just be overkill imo.
Alright.
I'm not going get angry at you or talk down to you, or say that you should take my word for it. I'm sure some people would, but I mean, realistically, I don't think you're likely to have any extensive psychological or medical expertise or experience with victims, and I'm sure as a smasher and a dude who loves Smash you're more able to relate and empathize with Hyuga, so that wouldn't be fair. Plus, I like Hyuga too. He's of the strongest clan and his Tink is fun to watch. That's what it is, and I don't think lesser of you for your feelings on the matter, but if you'll let me, I'll share some situations I've come across as someone who does have some medical and psychological expertise, and maybe you can take it into consideration intellectually if not emotionally.

If you've ever seen someone practically have their entire life ruined, who has become unable to fully love or trust or enjoy the company of others, to lose something integral and innate to human existence as a social creature because of **** and molestation, who can never feel at ease or fully relaxed in the because of the terrifying lingering thought that they could, for no reason, end up powerless and violated without any warning, that is having your life ruined.

I've talked to them, I've been friends with them, I've worked with them, and I've seen others try to help them professionally to varying degrees of success. I've seen guys and girls who can never be intimate with their lovers and had their relationships ruined for it, because the affections of the people they love take them back to their traumatic moments. I know there are victims who sometimes can't even sleep in the same room as anyone else, or who dedicate their lives to self defence seminars, sleep fully clothed or with running shoes, and invest in all manner of weapons and home security systems and live their entire lives on edge. I knew of one woman who told me she stalked her own daughter to see if she would notice she was being followed, because this was something she now felt she had to do to prevent her child from suffering like she did, and wake her up to the terrors of the world. Knowing this, I still can't imagine or process what it would be like to never be able to have sex with a gentle kind supportive waifu who loves me dearly because I'm terrified of her for no rational reason, or to lose the ability to fall asleep on my couch watching Netflix because of involuntary terror, or any of the other things I've mentioned. My mind actually goes blank trying to process this, because it's too far outside the scope of what I can relate to - what most people can relate to, and at times I've questioned if what I'm hearing and seeing can even be real, (the same as if you study exotic diseases and conditions) before being reminded that it is real, and I've had to accept that.
So as an experiment, ask yourself if you'd rather live like any of the above people, or if you'd rather lose Smash 4 as a career option or your visa to play in another country. Quick disclaimer, this isn't every case, because every person is a little bit different, but the average outcomes aren't good, and this is some of the potential of this kind of offence, and there's no way to know exactly how someone will react and which way they will cope until it happens to them. That's why penalties are strict, and I'd like to think that's why Hyuga is okay with whatever legal or social penalties are laid on him, and understands how hard he has to work to make amends even after that. If you took the time read this, thank you for your time and efforts, and I hope it was of some value to you. I don't like drama and I don't really want to get involved in it, so I'll leave it at this.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but at the same time if what he was saying is true, then the person who molested the girl isn't necessarily the same guy, though at the same time drinking is no excuse. It wasn't in his nature to do something like that. However I understand why she took it the way she did.

This is more of an alcohol issue than it is a molestation issue if anything, imo. But two wrongs don't make a right. I'll just leave it there.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
lol everone is a news reporter now, I just play the game and if some things happen it's not my business
(((maybe she wouldn't feel so bad if every smasher out there wasn't discussin it)))

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
Watching that Link get scrubbed up by Falln made me really interested in playing the Rosa matchup at a higher level. I really should grab a hold of @Xaltis and grind the matchup soon.

In other unimportant news, I feel like I don't know how to properly lab. As of now, it seems only managed to just mash frame data together to figure out rudimentary things...

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Yea that really sucks for hyuga and the toon link community. But he did what he did and yea it's not right, and there definately needs to be some consequences. Vikkykitty has all the right she was Streight up violated

So when I heard somebody got molested I thought of Streight up ****. But he Streight up groped her, hands down her pants and brawl is that technically ****?

On another note I'm thinking about starting a stream strictly link, would I get people s support on here?

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
In other unimportant news, I feel like I don't know how to properly lab. As of now, it seems only managed to just mash frame data together to figure out rudimentary things...
Any questions? Just PM me and I can help you out.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I saw someone call I////////z/////////////a//////////w Europe's best Link. Hasn't he only got 1 result? No wonder people think Link's bottom tier. :facepalm:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Naw man I think link is mid tier at best 20.I just think people don't use him how he is most effective, everybody likes rushing in or playing offense when to a certain extent defensive play and fighting ppl with projectiles is his trump card.

On another note , ****en hyuga why you got to go proving trumps quotes right now people are going to look at us Mexicans the wrong way

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
First time ever being on this site NOT being a ghost and the immediate discussion is a Link main under charges for him doing something drunk...hmm...seems like an appropriate welcome.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
First time ever being on this site NOT being a ghost and the immediate discussion is a Link main under charges for him doing something drunk...hmm...seems like an appropriate welcome.
He is a Tink main, not a Link main. And he isn't under charges. And that isn't really a welcome.

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
Alright then. And I'm aware it isn't an actual welcome. On another note, someone mentioned Izaw being the best European Link main. I hope that can be confirmed/deconfirmed.

Stryker95

Smash Journeyman
Alright then. And I'm aware it isn't an actual welcome. On another note, someone mentioned Izaw being the best European Link main. I hope that can be confirmed/deconfirmed.
Let's save Foxy some work and not bring that up. If you want to discuss this just PM me.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you want to confirm it show me all the tournament's he's won with Link.

Moving on, Link is mediocre but SSB4 is very well balanced so even he can compete. IMO he's not bottom tier with characters like Zelda, Puff and Ganon. Link's either lower mid tier or high low tier depending on how you separate tiers.

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
I was asking because I'm not in the position to say who the best in Europe is, and if someone IS better then I'd love to look him/her up.

Anyways, I agree that Link is low mid or high low. I'm fairly certain Link will at least be in the 30s come the next tier list. The question that I ponder is whether he will be above Shulk or not, because I was somewhat phased by him being higher than Link. That was the character in his range of the tier list other than Mac and Doc that I was sure he would be above.

Rizen

Smash Legend
TBH tier list don't mean much, especially in SSB4. If you want to play Link go for it. Just know he has some bad match-ups.

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
Tiers have never been a reason I play as a character. I find Link to be fun and very viable in this game. Even back when he was considered an awful character, I've played as him. However, I am always intriuged as to where his spot on the list will be. I know thus far it's never been a very good spot, but seeing him go up even one position on the list will be very welcomed to me.

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Tiers have never been a reason I play as a character. I find Link to be fun and very viable in this game. Even back when he was considered an awful character, I've played as him. However, I am always intriuged as to where his spot on the list will be. I know thus far it's never been a very good spot, but seeing him go up even one position on the list will be very welcomed to me.
Me personaly I have link in between 15 to 20 on the tier list. I make a lot comparisons to link to street fighter dalhsim becuase they both can fight you at a far distants, and yea it's a patient and slow type of fighting style but done right it is really effective.

I haven't really seen to many defensive links, so my personal opinion I don't think ppl have unlocked the full pontential of link, kind of like megaman Damm did people think that character was even viable before Evo?

Swevester

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swevester
Honestly, probably not. He's always being overshadowed by Gay, saying his Bomb combos are more effective, his Boomerang is better, etc...which while you can't change facts, the thing that bothers me the most is that whenever I MENTION Link could do with some buffs, people say he doesn't need them. That is partially the reason I joined SB was to see if I could find any hope in this community. So far, looks pretty good.

While I'm here, I wish to ask a question: what if Link had the ability to Shield Bash like he could in Skyward Sword? When a projectile nears his shield (implying it is up, mind you) he has a 10 frame window to press the shield button, which will cause him to Shield Bash and reflect the projectile back. It could make his somewhat-shotty shield mechanic actually have some matchup-changing use.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Next Smash Limelights contest is Windbox kills. Wonder if we can collude together and get 10 Links in the vid. We've got 47 hours to do it.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
I have two potential clips if humor is a factor. One was tapping someone off stage with the edge of the gale boomerang and gimping them just enough.

The other was technically a dumb semi-spike with the multi-hit of up-b after pulling someone coast to coast with a boomerang.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I have two potential clips if humor is a factor. One was tapping someone off stage with the edge of the gale boomerang and gimping them just enough.

The other was technically a dumb semi-spike with the multi-hit of up-b after pulling someone coast to coast with a boomerang.
Upload them both, and we'll help you pick one out to send in.

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
Upload them both, and we'll help you pick one out to send in.

I originally used this to play with youtube's editor so it has goofy music and dumb note cards at the end. I don't feel like re-doing it.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
won a tourney today with about ~50 people, 100% link, also won dubs with df

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman
That's how it goes. I've unintentionally dropped every other character because they weren't Link.
There are several characters I like that I just don't practice. Robin and Kirby being two. They're fun, but they're only really fun when you're good, and do I really want to invest myself in another technical mid-tier character that isn't Link?

Top Bottom