• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure if I post anymore here it'll be something that infracts me. I like most of you guys but the flood gates were swung open and now it's a swamp. Peace.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Can this umm.. "thread" please stop discussing this pointless topic please? This is the only thread on any character board that even bring this king of thing up... Jez..

Yes i'm referring to the "top link" discussion
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree wholeheartedly with Izaw. You children need to grow up and grow a pair while you're at it.

Also, link and ike lover link and ike lover , you'll be a wifi Link until you place in a tourney, doesn't matter who you beat nor how many times you do it. Deal with it.

LakerLink LakerLink The irony of your silly post flew past your head so fast that it distorted gravity. Gg scrub, try harder next time plz.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree wholeheartedly with Izaw. You children need to grow up and grow a pair while you're at it.

Also, link and ike lover link and ike lover , you'll be a wifi Link until you place in a tourney, doesn't matter who you beat nor how many times you do it. Deal with it.

LakerLink LakerLink The irony of your silly post flew past your head so far that it distorted gravity. Gg scrub, try harder next time plz.
In a tourney. Anywhere you go youll be referred to a FG Link

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
User was warned for this post
Lol yawn. Yea it's been a couple months since I competed at a local I placed 4 th out of 46 in my last one. Elessar Elessar a ti te gustan los hombres.

"Top link" forever a taboo subject in the link forum

Yea I will start competing so all you guys can start talking crap about my link bunch of trolls.

link7 link7 quit double posting, I'm the newest member here and even I know not to double post.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
LakerLink LakerLink Should I be impressed by your baseless boasting? Because all you keep proving is that your a scrub. Also, nice going with the Spanish, you almost made me smirk.

I would say "try harder scrub", but I won't because you're clearly trying too hard already.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
link7 link7 quit double posting, I'm the newest member here and even I know not to double post.
The one time someone duplicates a post because of shoddy internet shenanigans everyone screams. Stop riding the coattails of vets who actually deserve to insult me you prepubescent child.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this, but here we are. Read the following very carefully as it will apply to you regardless of whether you have read this post or not.

I've had quite enough of the cringe-inducing trash talking.
'Trash talking' (in the broadest sense imaginable) is a privilege, a privilege earned by doing work. It is a privilege to be used only on rare occasions for the greater good when it is not only in the best interests of the person it is being directed towards, but in the best interests of the community as a whole. Yes, calling someone out on their lack of merits can in fact be used constructively if worded correctly, if it comes from the right person, and if it is used in the right context.
Anything less than this is nothing but useless spam, pathetic trolling, and/or unnecessary flaming. From this post onward, I will be treating all such posts as such. I will be warning/infracting any and all such posts that might be considered 'mere trash talking' and I will also be deleting them on sight. If I feel that your presence is sufficiently disruptive and warnings/infractions are not enough of a deterrent, I have the option of thread-banning you, and I've been itching to try it out. So please, make my day, try to have the last word.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
@Izaw Btw I asked you this before, but out of curiosity did you find anything interesting between StaticManny's vs. Ixis's Sonics? Just wondering since you've played at least two really high level Sonics now as Link.

@~Unknown~ Who was Techei playing as?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
vets who actually deserve to insult me
:l truly a cringe-worthy statement.

I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to this, but here we are. Read the following very carefully as it will apply to you regardless of whether you have read this post or not.

I've had quite enough of the cringe-inducing trash talking.
'Trash talking' (in the broadest sense imaginable) is a privilege, a privilege earned by doing work. It is a privilege to be used only on rare occasions for the greater good when it is not only in the best interests of the person it is being directed towards, but in the best interests of the community as a whole. Yes, calling someone out on their lack of merits can in fact be used constructively if worded correctly, if it comes from the right person, and if it is used in the right context.
Anything less than this is nothing but useless spam, pathetic trolling, and/or unnecessary flaming. From this post onward, I will be treating all such posts as such. I will be warning/infracting any and all such posts that might be considered 'mere trash talking' and I will also be deleting them on sight. If I feel that your presence is sufficiently disruptive and warnings/infractions are not enough of a deterrent, I have the option of thread-banning you, and I've been itching to try it out. So please, make my day, try to have the last word.
Well said.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
So please, make my day, try to have the last
if we're doing favorite clint eastwood lines mine is

[Bounty Hunter]: A man's gotta earn a living.
[Eastwood's Josey Wales]: Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.

honorable mention to

[Psychologist]: I only handle young, single women.
[Eastwood's Coogan]: Yeah, me too.

Real best is from White Hunter, Black Heart, by far most underrated Eastwood movie, possibly his best, go see it and you'll know what I'm talking about, sure as hell won't be dodging these censors here

Last edited:
I'm a fan of all his racially charged banter with the Polish barber in Gran Torino.
:l truly a cringe-worthy statement.
And in exchange he gets to dole it out himself. Mutual respect is a funny thing, isn't it? It's almost like human social interaction is complicated.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Not trying stir up any trouble, but I'm getting a serious case of Déjà vu with these last few posts on this thread lol.

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I'm a fan of all his racially charged banter with the Polish barber in Gran Torino.

And in exchange he gets to dole it out himself. Mutual respect is a funny thing, isn't it? It's almost like human social interaction is complicated.
I totally get it. Friends mess around with eachother. But it gets hard to see the jokes sometimes in between ****-measuring, ya know?

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Some guys just wanna watch the world burn, others would set the world on fire to prevent it from being burning down.

Link vs Bayonetta feels pretty fun from first looks. I'm gonna run some sets with AeroLink soon to get a better impression.
Cheers

Some guys just wanna watch the world burn, others would set the world on fire to prevent it from being burning down.

Link vs Bayonetta feels pretty fun from first looks. I'm gonna run some sets with AeroLink soon to get a better impression.
Cheers
My first impression is that she struggles a bit against characters who can space her. We'll see how correct I turn out to be over the next few months.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Signed up. Paid up. Hotel rented. Carpool with the rest of the top of SC PR set. Time to go body some scrubs. Nothing is stopping me from going to this one, snow or blizzards or hurricanes be damned.
Good luck! I guess I'll mention that I'm trying to attend the next Pacific Northwest Majors from April 29th to May 1st.
@DJTHED if you plan going, and they run Wii U Dubs, care to team?

Lord Renning

Smash Journeyman

Cheers
Zone her out until upthrow kills her and your friendship with AeroLink.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hello, My name is 7NATOR

I Recently introduced my self by SPAMMING THE CHARACTER BOARDS

THAT'S ALL

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
Hello, My name is 7NATOR

I Recently introduced my self by SPAMMING THE CHARACTER BOARDS

THAT'S ALL
Good somebody needs to take the attention alway from me lol I pissed off everybody in here

Hey so I was wondering I never use up throw to kill is it effective ?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Good somebody needs to take the attention alway from me lol I pissed off everybody in here

Hey so I was wondering I never use up throw to kill is it effective ?
It kills at 160% or so without rage which isn't really that bad, so yeah. It's a good option when you're in rage and as a last resort to take the stock when people live for too long. Keeping the move fresh is important (pretty easy to do since killing is all the use it has besides positional advantage), and you might want to pummel at least once before Uthrowing to insure the stock is yours a little more. Just don't be stupid and fish for grabs too much. That's not something you want to be doing a lot as Link.

Last edited:

LakerLink

Smash Cadet
DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 well I will keep that in mind that it kills at 160 percent. I been having troubles with a local pikachu I get him at kill percentage faster then he does to me, but killing him is the hard part because pikachu is small and quick.

I'm sure pikachu has the matchup advantage. I try spamming forward airs to kill it, but now I know up throw is a option.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 well I will keep that in mind that it kills at 160 percent. I been having troubles with a local pikachu I get him at kill percentage faster then he does to me, but killing him is the hard part because pikachu is small and quick.

I'm sure pikachu has the matchup advantage. I try spamming forward airs to kill it, but now I know up throw is a option.
Don't spam Fair. Spam bombs so that you can convert them into Fair. Throwing bombs is way safer and faster than Fair (just be mindful of where you pull them out), though Fair on it's own can be a decent option in some situations. Pika is a pretty hard MU but he's not as bad as Sheik at least. Here's a good example of the MU: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAUqXqvrKJI

Top Bottom