• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
Hey guys just dropping to talk about Genesis a bit I went mostly link I lost my first set in winner's as Greninja then went link the rest of the tourney I'm definitely motivated to push link even further I had the set against haruki's sheik but dropped my dthrow uair several times I'm bad at buffering fh uair out of dthrow -____- but I feel like that mu isn't as horrendous as I initially thought I've gotten deeper into it with better and better sheik players its still bad but not by a large margin IMO also hung out with kirin/izaw/kila/fierce and dove into link's meta for awhile, we're just one movement speed/dash attack/boomerang buff away from high tier IMO most of us agreed to that but link is really strong as he is right now with the recent changes but he does have some difficult match ups that just make him obsolete due to him being very immobile but in due time we'll find a way around it sorry for the giant wall of text :/
I hope this isn't too much to ask but could you answer a few questions about Gensis? What were your thoughts of other links, particularly Kirin and Izaw since we haven't seen the latter in almost a year and not too much from Izaw. Did you meet Erow or have any interactions? Also it's really great to have you post here, the more giant walls of text the better. Also congrats on your results! You made us proud.

i think he's the (relatively obscure but really good) snake from brawl, ctrl+f for some results here or check his old smashboards account for more -- if he's him and still in cali he might just barely play and be carried by brawl fundamentals, ima ask around

there is also an erow powerranked in Reno and players from there did go (see their facebook):

Edit: no never mind reno sucks that's not him suddenly switching chars or anything
According to the smash.gg he's "RSC Erow" from Nevada. American Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScizorVX

Smash Apprentice
I hope this isn't too much to ask but could you answer a few questions about Gensis? What were your thoughts of other links, particularly Kirin and Izaw since we haven't seen the latter in almost a year and not too much from Izaw. Did you meet Erow or have any interactions? Also it's really great to have you post here, the more giant walls of text the better. Also congrats on your results! You made us proud.

I didn't see anyone by the name of erow that played link I must have missed him at some point and kirins projectile and smooth neutral are still top tier like it was in brawl hes still incorporating the smash 4 stuff since hes been on hiatus for such a long time but he will definetly become an enormous threat soon and izaw exceeded my expectations I thought he was legit free LOL he's really good excellent spacing aerial spacing way better than my own by a large margin a great projectile game slightly weaker than mine and kirin's but still great nonetheless excellent use of platforms, rang, edgeguards, and kiting he's hands down the best edgeguarding link ATM and I'm trying to steal most of his edgeguarding tech lol
Edit: I play tilt stick I think that's the best way to play link imo I'm trying a new claw-esque hand motion on dthrow uair I'm still slightly sloppy at it and get nairs by accident due to the weird smash 4 cstick giving Nair instead of uair if you hit a corner of the cstick

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight

damn than it is that wario probably, from reno, nevada, but he might be that same person, as there is an Erow Devastates joining tournaments with other members from the RSC crew... and he follows that Irow account on smashboards, watch this channel if future vids have erow using link

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
User was warned for this post
Upon closer inspection it was indeed a stage spike, But it happened so fast I couldn't pick up on it thanks for the clarification.
lmfao such inspection. ****ing moron. if you could actually inspect things to begin with you'd know these arent ''impressive combos''. ****ing sad dumb kid.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Wow did i hit a nerve? Seriously I don't know whether to laugh at or pity you. If my comments or post annoy you then i have some simple advice... Ignore.. it does wonders, But i guess that's hard to do huh? and Catana If I wanted a *****, I would have bought a dog. I'm not going to start an argument over the internet especially over something as trivial as me "annoying" someone or coming off as a "****ing Moron" as you so eloquently put it. Responding with sentence's like that only shows how much of an ass you make yourself look and you're not impressing anyone. Sorry if my presence disturbs you but as i stated previously I'm not going anywhere so you guys better suck it up and remove the stick out of your behind.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Wow did i hit a nerve? Seriously I don't know whether to laugh at or pity you. If my comments or post annoy you then i have some simple advice... Ignore.. it does wonders, But i guess that's hard to do huh? and Catana If I wanted a b**ch, I would have bought a dog. I'm not going to start an argument over the internet especially over something as trivial as me "annoying" someone or coming off as a "****ing Moron" as you so eloquently put it. Responding with sentence's like that only shows how much of an *** you make yourself look and you're not impressing anyone. Sorry if my presence disturbs you but as i stated previously I'm not going anywhere so you guys better suck it up and remove the stick out of your behind.
> "I'm not going to start an argument"
> proceeds to argue

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Wow did i hit a nerve? Seriously I don't know whether to laugh at or pity you. If my comments or post annoy you then i have some simple advice... Ignore.. it does wonders, But i guess that's hard to do huh? and Catana If I wanted a b**ch, I would have bought a dog. I'm not going to start an argument over the internet especially over something as trivial as me "annoying" someone or coming off as a "****ing Moron" as you so eloquently put it. Responding with sentence's like that only shows how much of an *** you make yourself look and you're not impressing anyone. Sorry if my presence disturbs you but as i stated previously I'm not going anywhere so you guys better suck it up and remove the stick out of your behind.
lmfao this post is so hilariously hypocritical and ignorant, your brain capacity must equal the size that of a walnut. im laughing hard at how much of an ignorant, pathetic kid you are.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
> "I'm not going to start an argument"
> proceeds to argue

If that's an argument to you then you must have pretty easy lives, But what do I know and Catana most of the time when I see people call others "kids"? They're kids themselves. It's like hanging a sign around their neck... but again what do i know?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
If that's an argument to you then you must have pretty easy lives, But what do I know and Catana most of the time when I see people call others "kids"? They're kids themselves. It's like hanging a sign around their neck... but again what do i know?
I agree, it's like [inappropriate content]

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
damn than it is that wario probably, from reno, nevada, but he might be that same person, as there is an Erow Devastates joining tournaments with other members from the RSC crew... and he follows that Irow account on smashboards, watch this channel if future vids have erow using link
Man there's a lot of links in Reno. Maybe one of the other links there went in his place? Idk its probably just a mistake on Smash wiki's part but there's always a chance, did you ask them in the Nevada Facebook group?

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I seem to have been bitten by a lab rat in my sleep, since I've been having a real itch to lab out what moves always put Luma into tumble. I'll probably look into how much percentage Luma needs to have taken to go into tumble for moves that don't put into tumble at zero as well.
Having the information easily on hand should make the Rosalina matchup easier for us (though I already think it's actually in our favor), and it's very helpful for me since I've got Xaltis at my locals:estatic:

Acenea

Smash Rookie
What happens to Xat? I checked it sometime ago but no one, same was for RainbowTroopers.

Top Bottom