• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I actually did not get that person de-modded. And I do not intend to piss off people. It just sort of happens on accident. But don't explain your reasoning for defending the innocent.[/quote]

BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA! AHHH HAH HAA HA HA HAAAAAAA! HEE HEE HEE HAW HAW HAH HAAAAAAH!

Smokebumm.png

Edit: Sorry Foxy, you fixed this before, but I needed to change something with it. Not sure how to make it the way you did either.

Last edited:

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I just have to say that @smokebomb12 is a intent of little troll that doesn't work at all. @Hyrule Hero seems to be a good guy/child, @ Lozjam Lozjam is overreacted to a child trying to be cool (which seriously, he doesn't) and @ Catana Catana is a typical anime girl steriotype...

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sup' Links? Just popped in after a bit of a break studying.

*Sees smokebomb causing typical trouble*

Well, I'm glad I took that break then...

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, it's my Birthday today!!! :D

And if you read all the way through this and stick around @ The Merc The Merc I pray you don't take it personally. Nothing on the internet outside of legitimate death threats with substantial proof should ever be taken personally, and to do so is a simple case of shooting yourself in the foot. Try to work on your uptake of sarcasm and facetious statements, as it'll aid you greatly in life. If you don't feel like playing Link, cool. If you don't wanna play :4tlink:, cool. Play whoever you want, pray that Young Link has a shot at being real again, and don't expect the the "Link Boards™" of all places to bat an eyelash. Do so and I promise the bad men won't be able to bother you nearly as much.
Nah, I wasn't taking any of it personally. In fact, at the start, I didn't even know people were assaulting me until someone pointed it out.
On a side note, I actually have really good hope for Young Link. I mean, we already have 29 supporters over at the Young Link DLC thread, so that makes me happy.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hey guys, it's my Birthday today!!! :D

Nah, I wasn't taking any of it personally. In fact, at the start, I didn't even know people were assaulting me until someone pointed it out.
On a side note, I actually have really good hope for Young Link. I mean, we already have 29 supporters over at the Young Link DLC thread, so that makes me happy.
I actually wouldn't mind having Young Link back simply for the better air speed and his moves not having loads of endlag like Toon Link's. In fact, it's kinda ironic Toon Link ended up having the aerials with more endlag than Link's. lol

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I actually wouldn't mind having Young Link back simply for the better air speed and his moves not having loads of endlag like Toon Link's. In fact, it's kinda ironic Toon Link ended up having the aerials with more endlag than Link's. lol
Exactly. It just doesn't make sense.

Are amicability and productivity really that mutually exclusive?
No, they are not, and you will find, should you choose to look, that we can be quite pleasant when people are being productive. However. Honest and useful discourse should never be dulled or slowed by misplaced concerns. If someone is posting misinformation, intentionally sowing discord, or otherwise making themselves not only useless, but obstructive, it bears making it clear to them, and to others who might read their posts, that those posts are useless drivel.

It's efficiency over comfort, and it works for us and always has. This does not mean that we are incapable of being nice, it means that we won't be nice if it slows down the metagame or someone disrespects our community.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Your pathetic attempt to defend the weak is rather amusing.

Please, do entertain me further.
Well, I guess we're amusing each other then. Ladies first.

@smokebomb12 if what you are saying is true then you somehow managed to make the entire Link boards deem you intolerable within a week by accident. That's what you're saying...

Actually, don't reply to this smoke, just think about it. I'm done talking about this already...

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
BWAAA HAAA HAAA HAAAA! AHHH HAH HAA HA HA HAAAAAAA! HEE HEE HEE HAW HAW HAH HAAAAAAH!

View attachment 66395
Well, he really had it coming. I even warned him.
So I will give you two options.
1. Man up, and own up to all of the mistakes you have made in these boards. Become a respectful, intelligent member of this community. You need make decent posts around here, and try to earn back your dignity. Work on your grammar as well. I recommend that you go back to 7th grade English class.

2. Leave these boards. If you choose not to go with the above option. I will find a way to make this happen. I promise.
I just have to say that @smokebomb12 is a intent of little troll that doesn't work at all. @Hyrule Hero seems to be a good guy/child, @ Lozjam Lozjam is overreacted to a child trying to be cool (which seriously, he doesn't) and @ Catana Catana is a typical anime girl steriotype...
That's what I get payed for! BAHAHAHA!

Well, the curse of Ganondorf brought down Smokebomb, as the smoke clears from this fierce battle. We can see that things are starting to return the way they used to be. With a little work and elbow grease, you Link's should be fine. This case isn't hopeless as I originally thought. I am pretty happy after today.
So heed this.
Work on your skills, don't be scrubs, and be an active and helpful part of the community. Teach the scrubs and kids this, and let the words of Smokebomb never reach their ears.
@ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste
I know you aren't one to say thanks, but I know your watchful eye is thanks enough. So you are welcome. I am glad to be able to help.

@ The Merc The Merc
Stick with me, and you will be fine. I will vouch for you if necessary. You yourself are fine most of the time. Just make sure you do not cross the wrong people.

@ link and ike lover link and ike lover
Hello once again. Just no that none of my actions have been against you specifically. However, it seems many Link posters here are driven mad because of you. So, we will have to find out that reason together. I can train you to survive here if you would like. After I am done with you, the Link boards will hardly recognize you!
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Kind of felt like breaking the ice on a new topic: Anyone here ever heard of Zelda Classic?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Oh yes. And a PSA for all of you.
Tri Force Heroes will release on October 24th. I will indeed be picking up the game. So if you want to play with Uncle 'Dorf, you may be able to,
Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a special edition in both Europe and the US(With the US one being unique). I will also be getting this game, as Xenoblade is an amazing series. So if you vermin would wish to be cultured gamers, I would suggest you pick this up as well. No exceptions. You need to give my friends at Monolith Soft your money. They actually help tremendously with other great Nintendo games as well, such as Splatoon and Zelda. SO BUY IT OR I WILL KILL YOU!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have no interest in Dress-up Heroes. XC X however looks awesome! I already have it reserved :smirk:
Kind of felt like breaking the ice on a new topic: Anyone here ever heard of Zelda Classic?
Unless you mean the NES LoZ game, no.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Unless you mean the NES LoZ game, no.
I can see where that understanding would come from, but no, not quite. It's a fan-made Zelda engine where you can make your own Zelda mods (called "quests") and even mess with the program a bit via a unique scripting feature whose limits reach the sky. Think of it as the Mario Maker of Zelda, only 50x more deep and customizable, even as far as editing and importing the graphics and colors even.

http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

http://www.purezc.net/

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
I can see where that understanding would come from, but no, not quite. It's a fan-made Zelda engine where you can make your own Zelda mods (called "quests") and even mess with the program a bit via a unique scripting feature whose limits reach the sky. Think of it as the Mario Maker of Zelda, only 50x more deep and customizable, even as far as editing and importing the graphics and colors even.

http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

http://www.purezc.net/
It's quite possibly the neatest thing on the net, and I use neat very sparingly.
On the other hand, Zelda Outlands Challenge is pretty rad too.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Oh yes. And a PSA for all of you.
Tri Force Heroes will release on October 24th. I will indeed be picking up the game. So if you want to play with Uncle 'Dorf, you may be able to,
Xenoblade Chronicles X will get a special edition in both Europe and the US(With the US one being unique). I will also be getting this game, as Xenoblade is an amazing series. So if you vermin would wish to be cultured gamers, I would suggest you pick this up as well. No exceptions. You need to give my friends at Monolith Soft your money. They actually help tremendously with other great Nintendo games as well, such as Splatoon and Zelda. SO BUY IT OR I WILL KILL YOU!
Damnit, why do I love you Lozjam?

Now you young'uns hear me here.
This here is Uncle 'Dorf when dealin' with uncultured gamers.

I hear tell he's got a wicked punchin' fist, so you new'uns gather round an' culturize yerselves.

All that being said, you and I need to get a few rounds of Splatoon in man.
Also, anyone here a Monster Hunter fan?

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
No, they are not, and you will find, should you choose to look, that we can be quite pleasant when people are being productive. However. Honest and useful discourse should never be dulled or slowed by misplaced concerns. If someone is posting misinformation, intentionally sowing discord, or otherwise making themselves not only useless, but obstructive, it bears making it clear to them, and to others who might read their posts, that those posts are useless drivel.

It's efficiency over comfort, and it works for us and always has. This does not mean that we are incapable of being nice, it means that we won't be nice if it slows down the metagame or someone disrespects our community.
Aye, that's a very fair point, mate. I do understand the need to keep things tidy and organized, and like I said before, I'm impressed with how much of a hub of information the community has managed to make this place. Credit where credit is due: Things are being done, and that's always good to see.

But the issue is that there are times when it feels like it's going too far. Ignoring the fact that one would not use this sort of ribbing for, say, code reviews (and that would be extremely inefficient, I guarantee it), I mean, this is the Social. By definition, this is not meant or even expected to advance the meta and is, instead, a place for Link mains (and other mains, of course!) to come together and goof off. Talk about random things and all that jazz.

But when someone comes onto the Social saying that he wants to main Link but feels like he isn't compatible with him? And then gets grilled for it like someone would if he posted that sort of thing elsewhere, or asks a duplicate question, or pours his salt into anything that demands meta discussion? That is the sort of thing that makes people hesitant to post anywhere, myself included.

It's understandable if he were to get grilled for it elsewhere. But here? All that does is encourage the establishment of an echo chamber.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
It's quite possibly the neatest thing on the net, and I use neat very sparingly.
On the other hand, Zelda Outlands Challenge is pretty rad too.
If not for Zelda Classic, I wouldn't have ran into amazing things like Hero of Dreams. That mod is amazing enough to be considered better than most Zelda games that aren't 3D titles IMO.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I was just playing on Hyrule Castle 64 (because I love me some smash 64), and I'm not used to the new blue colour of the tornados yet, so I had this moment of utter terror when I saw out of the corner of my eye the gale boomerang returning to me along the ground from off-camera. Every instinct I had was saying, 'Oh ****! It's an angry tornado!' - which I guess is what I always used to call the tornadoes when they sped up; come to think of it, I don't know if these blue tornadoes get 'angry' anymore.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Well, he really had it coming. I even warned him.

That's what I get payed for! BAHAHAHA!

Well, the curse of Ganondorf brought down Smokebomb, as the smoke clears from this fierce battle. We can see that things are starting to return the way they used to be. With a little work and elbow grease, you Link's should be fine. This case isn't hopeless as I originally thought. I am pretty happy after today.
So heed this.
Work on your skills, don't be scrubs, and be an active and helpful part of the community. Teach the scrubs and kids this, and let the words of Smokebomb never reach their ears.
@ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste
I know you aren't one to say thanks, but I know your watchful eye is thanks enough. So you are welcome. I am glad to be able to help.

@ The Merc The Merc
Stick with me, and you will be fine. I will vouch for you if necessary. You yourself are fine most of the time. Just make sure you do not cross the wrong people.

@ link and ike lover link and ike lover
Hello once again. Just no that none of my actions have been against you specifically. However, it seems many Link posters here are driven mad because of you. So, we will have to find out that reason together. I can train you to survive here if you would like. After I am done with you, the Link boards will hardly recognize you!
BAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
I was annoying awhile back and know no not to be a selfish wifi warrior. And dont be cocky. And sure teach me the ways my old friend. The link boards will hardly recognize me? .-.

Last edited:
Aye, that's a very fair point, mate. I do understand the need to keep things tidy and organized, and like I said before, I'm impressed with how much of a hub of information the community has managed to make this place. Credit where credit is due: Things are being done, and that's always good to see.
You should've seen us in our heyday. We held the keys to Link's metagame, it's a shame Brawl was such a bad time.
But the issue is that there are times when it feels like it's going too far. Ignoring the fact that one would not use this sort of ribbing for, say, code reviews (and that would be extremely inefficient, I guarantee it), I mean, this is the Social. By definition, this is not meant or even expected to advance the meta and is, instead, a place for Link mains (and other mains, of course!) to come together and goof off. Talk about random things and all that jazz.
Context is everything. On one hand, this is the social, on the other, it's also the only thread on the board we keep open not exclusively dedicated to doing work. It is the only place we have to rip into one another when appropriate that does not derail another, important, thread.

At the end of most of these scuffles things go back to the status quo. We've frequently had vets here rip into one another as a matter of course, it's what we do. This community does not operate like most sanitized online Common Interest Hugboxes. We behave like real people, real friends. We laugh, we fight, we staunch our bloody noses and shake hands at the end.

And in the context of this being the Link boards, this is actually all quite tame. I can think of a grand total of four people on this entire site who have earned themselves a life time pass to Stay The Hell Outsville™, four. Only one of them has posted in this social in the last 15 pages or so. He's banned. Anyone else, anyone who we've ripped into and flamed and trolled remains welcome.

Abide the rules.
Don't intentionally sow discord.
Don't spread misinformation.

Even Izaw, who is a popular target for community disapproval for what can be perceived as egocentric behaviour, always has a free pass to come back here, and has done so in the past and even been treated well. (When he isn't posting a ****ing Sheik video on the ****ing Link boards. ****.)

But when someone comes onto the Social saying that he wants to main Link but feels like he isn't compatible with him? And then gets grilled for it like someone would if he posted that sort of thing elsewhere, or asks a duplicate question, or pours his salt into anything that demands meta discussion? That is the sort of thing that makes people hesitant to post anywhere, myself included.
Then he's open to criticisms, Unknown Hero has been posting her since the release of Smash4, and he knows what the culture is. He's also a victim of his own obliviousness. We've told him time and again to do what he wants and play what feels good. It's a recurring issue with him that has apparently rubbed raw with a few members. C'est la vie. Even so, as Zane the Patience outlined, he's welcome to stick around. It'd be nice if he read more than one post above his own before replying, however.
It's understandable if he were to get grilled for it elsewhere. But here? All that does is encourage the establishment of an echo chamber.
In an echo chamber situation I wouldn't be addressing you, oh foul dissenter. The social is the only thread on the board which is open season, and when dealing with the Link mains, people know what to expect, especially people who have been here for some time. We're not sensitive, and we don't filter ourselves, but we are not close minded. What would be the point of promoting such an uncensored dialogue among the members here if we weren't listening to each other speak?

If beneath your avatar you have a picture of a blonde man with a goofy looking green hat, you are welcome here so long as you can:

Abide the rules.
Don't intentionally sow discord.
Don't spread misinformation.

If you lack that little floppy green hat, then you're free to post and hang out, but we will not change for you. And I think this is the thing that bothers people about us. We are not willing to change our ways for them. It's been a frequent frustration for this community to have people without that floppy hat come to our board and demand we change how we behave to suit their needs.

No. We do the work, if you wish to benefit from it, you will have to tolerate our culture in the process.
All of that aside, even visitors with no experience dealing with us tend to be treated well in this thread so long as they don't disrespect our community.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
Zelda Classic is pretty cool. That's how I played Zelda 1 back in the day when I didn't have my NES around. It had a level creator, but to be completely honest, I never really cared to put in the effort to create levels. Lunar Magic (Super Mario World maker however), now THAT I spent a ton of time with since it was just so easy to use. Hopefully Mario Maker turns out great as well, as NWC definitely convinced me to buy it :).

Also can't wait for Triforce Heroes. It's basically all I wanted from 4 swords back in the day. Triforce Heroes = 3 Swords Adventures Online = awesome fun where every game generally devolves into killing each other (at least with friends).

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
Anyone who believes you're safe from everything here just because its social is an idiot.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
At the end of most of these scuffles things go back to the status quo. We've frequently had vets here rip into one another as a matter of course, it's what we do. This community does not operate like most sanitized online Common Interest Hugboxes. We behave like real people, real friends. We laugh, we fight, we staunch our bloody noses and shake hands at the end.
Case in point a certain recovery item from Final Fantasy and I did like sporting gentlemen and took it to PMs where the differences were solved in a calm, relaxed, and humorous manner. You'd be utterly astounded by how many of the scuffles end exactly this way.

Last edited:

Tshadow7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tshadow7
Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself to the Link community,

I'm Tshadow a fellow Link player with very little Competitive experience, wanting to learn more how to play link better, I've only played LNIM hopping to play some of you and get better so I can represent Link in my country, I'm from the Dominican Republic.

Ive used Link since 64 heheehhe :D

Top Bottom