• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
So I was at a tournament today. Faced a Fox after a bye, 2-0 win. Then I faced another Fox, who took at least third, 0-2 loss. Then I faced another Fox, who I lost to 2-1. I also played friendlies a lot with the second one. Lots of double jab locks from them.

Then it gets patched out a few hours later :sadeyes:

In other news, Robin's dthrow got the Link dthrow treatment.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I think dthrow got nerfed. It still sends at the same angle, but i think it has more endlag. (Warning: Might be placebo)

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
I think dthrow got nerfed. It still sends at the same angle, but i think it has more endlag. (Warning: Might be placebo)
No end lag is the same however, hit stun seems to have been increased I can now true combo sheik with dtthrow -> uair at 110% regardless of DI. The hoo hah might be real now.

I will go over the frames to confirm.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So it just has to be colored, then It will be complete. but who care.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Its the Link order from the timeline. Sort of.
MM Link b4 Adult OoT Link cause I did not want 2 young Links in there. I also for got A Link between worlds Link. The last Link is the soon to be released Zelda Wii U Link.

Its based off this picture of Doctor Who.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I was talking to my friend who actually cares about technical crap and we were talking about link and I mentioned link having a frame 7 jab he was like "Did you just say 7?.....why do you do this to yourself, man" lol

BECAUSE COURAGE!

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Once I get my Wii U set up fixed up I oughta get into this game again. It's getting more and more interesting for Link every patch. :)

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Yeah, I guess there was definitely some placebo going around like normal.

I was hoping for a bit more. But any amount of buff isn't a nerf!

Though I'm sad to see some characters who desperately need some help (Samus and her jab nonsense) didn't have anything done to them

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
A lot of characters that I like got some pretty nice buffs such as Ike and Marth. I like when those two get buffs. Marth needs it and Ike deserves it. Charizard too but that's like waiting for the world to end.

But, we should all be thankful that Link didn't get nerfed. Our prayers were answered... for now.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of tournament mode. For me, it was a letdown. To me the biggest reason is not being offline, but there are other reasons as to why.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I'm surprised nothing detrimental happened to Roy with all the pathetic whining about him.
I'm really enjoying Roy and I'm glad nothing really obliterated him. He's steadily moving into a second for me.

@ Nimious Nimious Everyone.

You need to see this. This could change a bunch of stuff.

I strongly advise watching to see what we are dealing with now.

I see what you mean. Marth's Dolphin Slash is TOO DAMN FAST! We can't let this stand!

Though on a serious note, all I can say is, quite interesting. I guess we're playing round robin with who gets cool chains now?
HA didn't even intend that pun.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I'm really enjoying Roy and I'm glad nothing really obliterated him. He's steadily moving into a second for me.

Still deciding on either Ike or Roy for second. Both are really good. It's a tough choice. I think the worst Roy may get in the future is a nerfed Fsmash but I think Sakurai realized that he made Roy just about perfectly.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think of Roy more as a quick character like Mario than as a sword character. He's much better at getting close and comboing than sword zoning.

Last edited:

Linkmario00

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Linkmario00
I think the character you can compare the better with Roy is Falcon. Both are really fast and aggressive characters that get a lot from a throw but suck at the disadvantage because they are FastFaller and quite heavy and have a bad recovery. The difference is that Royis a llittle slower, has disjointed and an hitbox on his recovery.

ZSaberLink

Smash Journeyman
As a Link Main that seconds Fox, you have no idea how much that hurts.
Seems like the Fox boards seem to imply that the Jab at least still combos into some stuff (like Dash Attack with one hitbox & USmash with other hitbox), which is a lot more than you can say for Link's jab nerf.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I think of Roy more as a quick character like Mario than as a sword character. He's much better and getting close and comboing than sword zoning.
I always found the fact that Roy has very short range odd as well. It's one of the reasons i prefer Ike. He's just as capable out of grabs, has much longer reach (like actual sword reach), and much better weight.

Haven't tried Marth post buff though... I like Roy's flashiness but i hate super crazy rushdown C. Falcon types... Think i've used Link too much.

Last edited:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
@ Nimious Nimious Everyone.

You need to see this. This could change a bunch of stuff.

I strongly advise watching to see what we are dealing with now.

All I see is someone here is someone being scrubby and constantly airdodging and leaving themselves open. At any point if they jumped out of hitstun or even used counter then that wouldn't have happened.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
All I see is someone here is someone being scrubby and constantly airdodging and leaving themselves open. At any point if they jumped out of hitstun or even used counter then that wouldn't have happened.
It was a level 8 CPU. But I'm sorry, that scares the **** out of me.

and your welcome.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I love online tourneys. Been waiting over an hour and a half for my guy to show up and play me. It's slowing the tourney down big time.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I love online tourneys. Been waiting over an hour and a half for my guy to show up and play me. It's slowing the tourney down big time.
That sucks; the TO should have disqualified him. In Brawl days the singles part of a live tourney I went to started almost 4 hours late.

@Zane the pure sorry I got back real late. Maybe we can play tomorrow.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
BTW guys, I made into the top 10 in my national ranking using only Link.

Here is the national ranking top 50, updated to July, 29th:

As you can see, ZeRo is 22, because he has just played one tournament in our country.

Top Bottom