• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
I once knocked out 2 people using one KO punch, during an 8 player smash game. Best feeling ever.

Seriously though, his recovery is so ****, I only use him when I feel like dominating over a scrubby player on FG.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Couldn't get a W at all last night in FG, normally i hover around 50% but i just couldn't beat anyone. So depressing.
Some games were close, but it felt like every opponent i versed knew my exact movements. Every move i made was a mistake basically.
Looks like you were playing very repetitively. Bed to vary more. Also, FG isn't a great place to learn and grow competitively. I'd suggest playing people from the boards or go to AiB for the ladder.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Couldn't get a W at all last night in FG, normally i hover around 50% but i just couldn't beat anyone. So depressing.
Some games were close, but it felt like every opponent i versed knew my exact movements. Every move i made was a mistake basically.
Yeah my Link suffers greatly in any form of lag. My Ganon tends to do really well, though. Maybe I'll switch.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Lol people interested in Zelda, let me just say, as soon as you try to pick her up, you'll no longer be interested. *runs*

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Lol people interested in Zelda, let me just say, as soon as you try to pick her up, you'll no longer be interested. *runs*
Not really. I'm interested in her, picked her up and learned her a bit. I enjoy her quite a bit but that's it. She's like Peach now, just a pocket char but not an actual alt. Though I don't really have actual alts since I always go all Link at every tourney I play in.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Why do you think I've never picked her up seriously? lol
Some other characters I like playing but DON'T pick up seriously would be peach, zelda, ganondorf, marth, ike, robin, ROB, and samus.
<3

Not really. I'm interested in her, picked her up and learned her a bit. I enjoy her quite a bit but that's it. She's like Peach now, just a pocket char but not an actual alt. Though I don't really have actual alts since I always go all Link at every tourney I play in.
Zelda's definitely fun to play as, just game mechanics/Sakurai hating her makes it difficult. I'd never stop playing her, you just have to put up with stupid **** that you shouldn't have to with her a lot.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
<3

Zelda's definitely fun to play as, just game mechanics/Sakurai hating her makes it difficult. I'd never stop playing her, you just have to put up with stupid **** that you shouldn't have to with her a lot.

That sounds as if you're talking about Brawl Link.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I also like playing gay just so I can jump off the stage and die.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
In Brawl I had a pocket random. Got 4th place in a Random only Rainbow Cruise only tournament in GA. I lost to Scatt (3rd in GA at the time) and DEHF. That tournament was totally for serious, guys. It had a $1 entry fee and everything.
>Rainbow cruise only
Why hasn't APEX called you guys yet?

D

Deleted member

I continue to main Link and Shulk, but I have been learning Sheik lately. I appreciate the fact that she's now seperate from Zelda and has a down+B attack.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I main Link and Ganon but I dabble in a slew of others. Dedede (PInky De) has been my favorite as of late, mostly because his crouch animation is pretty much the best taunt ever. It goes perfectly after ridiculous shenanigans. Others include Ike, Puff, Purpizard, and Honkey Kong.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Oh, I forgot to mention that I also pocket Sheik now. Just love her mobility and combo-ability (it's insane).

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I main Link and Ganon but I dabble in a slew of others. Dedede (PInky De) has been my favorite as of late, mostly because his crouch animation is pretty much the best taunt ever. It goes perfectly after ridiculous shenanigans. Others include Ike, Puff, Ridley, and Honkey Kong.
Fixed~

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We've already had people, even Izaw himself, share this video in no less than 3 different threads. We don't need any more spam of it.
I actually appreciate him posting it, that was amazing and I had yet to see it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I've been keeping my Link/Marth combo solid while expanding to Meta Knight in recent weeks.
Something about playing him nerfed like this is neat. A certain what if for all those sad losses to planky unskilled MKs of Brawl.
That and ya'know, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVFpRQdOuQ0
Seriously. I learned MK in Brawl and he was by far the easiest character to win with. I wasn't very good but MK's ability to shut down everything is ridiculous.
Yeah my Link suffers greatly in any form of lag. My Ganon tends to do really well, though. Maybe I'll switch.
Lag really hurts Link. Not as much as in Brawl though.
^This. IMO Brawl Zelda would have done better in SSB4 than SSB4 Zelda.
Late to the party but, I play Fox when I'm sick of people's shields. Just run on in and Grab everything. All the things. It's so freeing.
We'll have to start calling you 'Link Is Openly Deceptive'.
We've already had people, even Izaw himself, share this video in no less than 3 different threads. We don't need any more spam of it.
^This. Seriously I'm so sick of that hack; he pulled the same **** on the Brawl forums:
http://smashboards.com/threads/izaw-matches-new-matches-against-a-pro-dedede.173455/
At least this time he didn't make an entire thread. That's the same Haze he claimed was a "Truly Pro Dedede" in a thread he made to inflate his ego that created a ton of spam. Those games were mediocre at best. He just plays bad people and makes a big song and dance about it and youtube scrubs aka Izombies worship him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrvgR-c1VQ&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534
This is not high level play. Look at 0:55 why did CF retreat after throwing Link offstage? Why not go for a gimp like a good player? Same thing at 1:29. Are they just bad or was this game staged?
He posted a new thread in 3 separate forums including this Link forum about Sheik, with 'By Izaw' in the title.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-sheik-guide-art-of-sheik-by-izaw.383240/
This is why scrubs like CoH exist. People thought DAC was an approach in Brawl when any good player easily stop it from Izaw's attention w***ing. If his ego grows any bigger his head will collapse from its own gravity and create a black hole, ending the world.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
We'll have to start calling you 'Link Is Openly Deceptive'.
Sure! Absolutely. I mean if you want, you know, like I don't mind either way or anything.
Survival log. Day 2245:
I made an unforeseen breakthrough today following the close call with the distraction hat experiment. I must be careful not to act rashly under the assumption of the best case scenario here, as it may yet turn out to be an elaborate trap, but I believe the Links are no longer suspicious of me. I can relax my efforts to show that I am useful to them. My true identity remains a mystery. They still don't suspect a thing.
Note to self: Unknown Hero still has one of my Keaton masks. I must get it back next time I see him.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Sure! Absolutely. I mean if you want, you know, like I don't mind either way or anything.
Say Fox, can I borrow that Keaton mask? I need to go to Death Mountain for a sec. I mean, you're using it all the time anyways so I'm sure you'd also want to let your face breathe for s sec.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
That's good. Just be sure not to relax your efforts to show how useful you are to us; that would be suspicious.
BTW is LoZ Minish Cap worth playing or should I watch this speedrun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzLzHnpY3M
Minish Cap is a fun game. A bit slow at the start but it's good when you get inside. Worth a try. You can watch the speed run to get a feel of the game, you probably won't remember much about it.
I think a saw a little short guy running around wearing one, was that yours? I dunno, something about him seemed...off
Did this short person have purple hair?

Top Bottom