• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Liking posts is Facebook levels of trolling...

:093:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Agreed, but MM 3ds will have to hold me over until we can get something new. The thing is I already have the game right next to my N64... but I'm still gonna buy it. Nintendo knows how to get my money.
I'm super lame and just hoping Zelda, Link, and Ganon all appear so we don't have to use TP models next time. I love TP Zelda, but I miss natural blonde Zelda. Link's look is definitely interesting in Zelda U, if it stays like that. I'm interested, and overall hyped to see a new look for Zelda. Also just because it's a Zelda game, enough said.

I should probably actually finish SS and ALBW first..

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
How come the Link boards aren't getting the Zelda love?
Because Link never gets any Zelda love.

I'm super lame and just hoping Zelda, Link, and Ganon all appear so we don't have to use TP models next time. I love TP Zelda, but I miss natural blonde Zelda. Link's look is definitely interesting in Zelda U, if it stays like that. I'm interested, and overall hyped to see a new look for Zelda. Also just because it's a Zelda game, enough said.

I should probably actually finish SS and ALBW first..
I think I may be one of the few who actually doesn't care about TP models. I mean, it's not like I want them, I just don't really care.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Because Link never gets any Zelda love.

I think I may be one of the few who actually doesn't care about TP models. I mean, it's not like I want them, I just don't really care.
Yea me too, don't really care about the models a lot, but they are interesting to the story line, Twilight Princess Link seems too "realistic" imo.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
You really should.

Also, I'm pretty salty about the reuse of TP models. That was 2006. SS models when? SS being a far superior game to TP only makes the shunning worse.
I'm conviced we'll always have conflicti mg opinions xD I started both of those games and didn't finish, I think I'm kinda close to done with ALBW though? And I kinda hate SS models, that's kinda factoring into why I haven't played it. They could've used those models though, I mean they made a updated shiek model, it wouldn't have been hard to do the same for Ganon.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Holy **** I forgot about this
I'll post my info on Monday, too bust this weekend
I find it hilarious that I'm listed as my old username though.
I don't play seriously online, at all. My playstyle is extremely reactive and everything has to be so precise that I just can't function under the barest amount of lag. I realized that losing to someone who's better has never made me angry but I've only once ever broken an object in anger and it was because of lag. I'll be skipping this tourney.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
yeah but at least it was still there.
Well sure, but what good is it if you never used it? With SS, you used all your items constantly. We did essentially get a boomerang that we could control. It also flew farther. It was called the Beetle.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well sure, but what good is it if you never used it? With SS, you used all your items constantly. We did essentially get a boomerang that we could control. It also flew farther. It was called the Beetle.
The beetle was too damn slow imo. Yeah you can get the speed upgrade which I totally did, but it was still unbearably slow. I only used it when I had to.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
like the whip, the slingshot/scattershot and gust bellows?
the beetle is a cool idea but it's pretty boring. the only fun thing I did with it is send it at bokoblins, watch their alarmed cries, then smack one on the head with it and laugh before plunging my sword into their hearts 10 seconds later.
and I could do that with a bomb as well, without having to get messy.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
The beetle was too damn slow imo. Yeah you can get the speed upgrade which I totally did, but it was still unbearably slow. I only used it when I had to.
That's what I liked about SS though. You HAD to use all your items, at various points throughout the game. The spinner in TP? Used it like 5 or 6 times. That's in the dungeon, and a couple times in the over world. While the Ball and Chain was wicked cool, you only used it a few times, which was really disappointing.
I liked TP for it's dark atmosphere and story, and character designs. The design of the world though was just.... meh. The combat was fun too. But I like SS for it's uniqueness and the overall feel of the game. Oh, and god damn is it a beautiful game. Every piece of equipment you got was useful, and I REALLY like that. People complain about the motion controls, but I really had no problems with them.
I guess what I'm saying is, SS comes before TP in my top 10 Zelda games list. Please don't hate me Uncle Shin.

like the whip, the slingshot/scattershot and gust bellows?
the beetle is a cool idea but it's pretty boring. the only fun thing I did with it is send it at bokoblins, watch their alarmed cries, then smack one on the head with it and laugh before plunging my sword into their hearts 10 seconds later.
and I could do that with a bomb as well, without having to get messy.
The whip you used throughout various dungeons and on the world. You also used it to steal loot. The Gust Bellows were used throughout several dungeons and throughout the world. The Slingshot was used throughout the world. You used it to knock down stuff that would allow you to progress It was essential whenever you needed to take care of a few Skulltullas clinging to walls. You're arrows are finite in SS, and to upgrade a quiver to hold more arrows required you to do work. It was faster than using the Beetle. You used the slingshot ONCE in TP. ONCE. A waste of an item slot and programming.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
So do you guys think that the CPU's in smash 4 were purposely tuned down in order to entice people to buy amiibos? Because the more I think about it, the more that starts to make sense.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The CPU's are weird. When you go to attack them while they are off-stage, it's like they must airdodge, even if it means they won't be able to recover afterwards. Sometimes it's legitimately dumb. You can stand near the edge and Jab when they are about a double jump distance below the edge, and they'll airdodge.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The fun part about TP was you could beat enemies in various ways. You didn't have to use the boomerang but it could be seamlessly pulled out in combat to stun enemies or pick up dropped items. The beetle was too committing.
That's one thing TP had over SS, more versatility in where you used your items. SS had great swordplay but the item usage was very limited, specific puzzle oriented and spelled out; hookshot panel here and hookshot is useless anywhere else, whip branch here but not on any other branches, roll bomb into this enemy as the only way to beat it...

In TP Link could sword jab>hookshot>ball and chain, or gale boomerang>charged leap attack or backslice, arrow>sword, etc. Each enemy had a resistance and weakness to different items. Tektites were weak to impact (bombs, ball and chain, spin attack, jump attack) but took 4 normal swords strikes. Dinofos things were strong vs arrows making close combat more efficient. Bokogoblens were weaker to arrows than sword strikes. The little running bugs that dropped worms could easily be beaten with the gale boomerang to stun them.
The spinner and dominion rod were fun but mostly useless, I'll give you that. But all the other items worked in many situations.

I think TP and SS largely had what the other lacked but lacked what the other had.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I remember once when I was playing TP, I did a helm splitter on a lizalfos by stunning it with the Clawshot instead of smashing its face in with the shield. I couldn't replicate it.

also, I'm bored and don't want to wait 5 hours until the good Japanese players get on, anyone wanna have Link dittos? I need to play a good Link. Or just any friendlies.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I remember once when I was playing TP, I did a helm splitter on a lizalfos by stunning it with the Clawshot instead of smashing its face in with the shield. I couldn't replicate it.

also, I'm bored and don't want to wait 5 hours until the good Japanese players get on, anyone wanna have Link dittos? I need to play a good Link. Or just any friendlies.
Sorry, not home.

While I don't have the dislike to TP that many old mains share, I do think it inferior in many ways. First and foremost, the plot is bad. Well, not bad, but uninspired. TP brings absolutely nothing new to the global plot. Well, maybe only the hero's shade, but that's OoT again. In contrast, the plot in SS was astounding inspiring and it retroactively made every Zelda better. The only good thing TP had plot wise was the final scene of the ending, nothing else.

Also, I'm tired of hearing how TP is better because it's darker. Screw that noise. If you think like this then you suck at Zelda. Zelda has never, never needed sepia tones to be dark and mature and that's the beauty of it. Zelda is extremely dark even with its happy flamboyant style. Heck the darkest Zelda of all is MM by far and it has the same colors as OoT. The only thing TP has darker than MM is its horrible brown palette. I hate that mentality you're expressing with passion.

And before you say anything about SS not being dark, it is. It is extremely dark, far more so than TP. Just think about the lore and the npcs and conversations. Girahim keeps saying things like "you will die screaming as you drown in your own blood". What? Is that not dark enough simply because it didn't use a swear word?

You kids need to read more books. Your imaginations suck. It's like unless you're spoon-fed information and everything is overtly lying in the open you can't see it.

mackman

Smash Cadet
I'll play you.

Sent you a PM. Don't know if I'm qualified as a "good link" yet, but I'm game for some friendlies against those who are.

Top Bottom