• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Because we actually follow the rules unlike you who posted his topic without reading the rules, or posting it in the Q&A thread wich are both stickied to prevent clutter on our boards, you scrub.
Here you go Breadloaf, your chance to flame a scrub.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
You and the others are actually *******s. This and the other posts are enough to make me quit Smashboards
Man, all you had to do was read our stickies, acknowledge our rules, then ask aloud "is this question worth asking?" on these boards.
The question of, "How great is Link for tiers"...on the Smash brothers forums...on the Link boards...with a group of people that if you read one thing about any of us you would know we don't care about tiers or anything like that, we play Link because Hell yeah.

You had one job - think before you post. You didn't.
Now, kindly take your head, shove it up your ass, take a deep breath, savor it, and then come back later if you decide to have an actual question.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hello Hylians. How are y'all today?
Ganondorf has brought you a gift.
Tidings of Zelda Wii U speculation! This time, MUSIC!
A user named Cleffer Notes has made what he thinks Zelda Wii U will sound like.
It's pretty good, yet I do no think that is the style Zelda Wii U will go for. From everything we have heard, the music will be simplistic and use few instruments. Sort of like a NES style, but with real instruments. They will go for using memorable melodies instead of... Whatever unforgettable thing Skyward Sword had going on.
You and the others are actually *******s. This and the other posts are enough to make me quit Smashboards
YOU ARE SO WEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You deserve to be trapped in Lanayru desert to rot!
Maybe that will make you a true man.

Last edited:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Hello Hylians. How are y'all today?
Ganondorf has brought you a gift.
Tidings of Zelda Wii U speculation! This time, MUSIC!
A user named Cleffer Notes has made what he thinks Zelda Wii U will sound like.
It's pretty good, yet I do no think that is the style Zelda Wii U will go for. From everything we have heard, the music will be simplistic and use few instruments. Sort of like a NES style, but with real instruments. They will go for using memorable melodies instead of... Whatever unforgettable thing Skyward Sword had going on.
I actually liked a lot of SS songs, there weren't many new ones, but some were amazing.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I actually liked a lot of SS songs, there weren't many new ones, but some were amazing.
Actually wrong and proves my point. There were barely any new songs, just so many of them were so forgettable. Skyward Sword did have some fantastic songs... But a lot of the soundtrack was good, but it was forgettable. The songs that aren't forgettable are a real standout though, like Groose's or Ghirahim's theme

All right, I think it's time for us to lay all of our cards on the table. We've got a royal flush all lined up.

We knew all along, Ama. We knew who you were, and we put you on the front lines. One month ago we were discussing how best to arrange the bones of your accounts once they'd been picked clean. And you have delivered on the promise of intense laughter.

But... You know, since then, you've learned our ways, and while you did try to decieve us, you have passed your trial by fire. For now, anyway. It's about time you put up your NNID and played some games with us.

Welcome to the Link boards, for real this time. Stay out of my shed.

FSK

Smash Ace
I think a reason why the songs become less memorable is that there are less restrictions on the audio medium today. Back in the N64 and previous days, they had very little flexibility so they had to optimize the songs. This resulted in many memorable/catchy tunes from that era.

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
All right, I think it's time for us to lay all of our cards on the table. We've got a royal flush all lined up.

We knew all along, Ama. We knew who you were, and we put you on the front lines. One month ago we were discussing how best to arrange the bones of your accounts once they'd been picked clean. And you have delivered on the promise of intense laughter.

But... You know, since then, you've learned our ways, and while you did try to decieve us, you have passed your trial by fire. For now, anyway. It's about time you put up your NNID and played some games with us.

Wait what, but i liked AMA i trusted AMA and your'e telling me it was all a lie? AMA please tell me you just have a brother who is really scrubby and likes gay cause if you don't i dont know what to believe in anymore.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I think a reason why the songs become less memorable is that there are less restrictions on the audio medium today. Back in the N64 and previous days, they had very little flexibility so they had to optimize the songs. This resulted in many memorable/catchy tunes from that era.
TP and ALBW were completely memorable, and had mostly the same capabilities as the Wii's sound system. It is less of the quality of instruments, but of the quality of the composer

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
@ ama99 ama99 You can't troll the trolls Ama. However, nicely played you have amused us sufficiently today. This month of waiting has paid off beautifully.

Welcome to the community; it's good to see that you've stopped being a tier wench scrub. Flame well.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I think we have another image to add to the archive, gentlemen! Congratulations, Ama.

ama99

Smash Journeyman

Well played, it was fun while it lasted.

I'll be back, however, and you can bet it'll be under a new IP. But you won't ever know who it is.

Boy is this gonna be fun.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Did you ever end up doing that Beer and Steak doubles team in Brawl, or did that just blow over when everyone sobered up?
We did a couple times, actually. Not yet in this game, though.

There were two really notable moment.
  1. I set-up a spring, Lawz jumped on it and killed an opponent up top with a rising dair.
  2. I grabbed, did a Bthrow, and Lawz promptly jumped and dair'd for the kill. We actually practiced this one the night before.
tl;dr
Let Sonic be fast and make Link kill with dair.

Wait, really? Holy ****. Also, the amount of users reading this thread has jumped significantly. What a hype display.

What a twist! A ShinTwist, if you will.

But seriously, I wasn't in on it so... Damn. Well played everyone.

Glad I chose today to hang out here.

:093:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

I'll be back, however, and you can bet it'll be under a new IP. But you won't ever know who it is.

Burn in hell.

Edit: Oh Cam, don't forget to mention that Atomsk was our victim for the backthrow...

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Edit: Oh Cam, don't forget to mention that Atomsk was our victim for the backthrow...
Ah, yes. How humble of me.

Specifically, it was versus Vex and Atomsk. We had just killed Vex and before he had time to respawn, we pulled off the Bthrow>Dair combo, in which Atomsk audibly said, "That was really good."

If either of you are name searching...
Vex: Glad I've finally gotten to see you a few times again since the old days.
Atomsk: Do you play this game?

Breadloaf

Smash Apprentice
So how many of you actually knew it was me.
Well not me thats for sure, also thanks for the pm stating how you're deeply remorseful of betraying all of the link mains trust and just cannot stand the shame for getting caught and are now making a new account called DJ Sparkles and hope to atone for what youve done.

Hey, man, if you wanna do it all over again. You can't troll trolls, we will find you.

What you should do is just keep posting as ama99, and make this day your legacy. ****, I'd do it.
All of us.

As has been said. No use making a new account, you're known to us now. You can stay, or make a new account, but we have long memories and this was a memorable day.

Ah, yes. How humble of me.

Specifically, it was versus Vex and Atomsk. We had just killed Vex and before he had time to respawn, we pulled off the Bthrow>Dair combo, in which Atomsk audibly said, "That was really good."

If either of you are name searching...
Vex: Glad I've finally gotten to see you a few times again since the old days.
Atomsk: Do you play this game?

Burn in hell.

Awesome.

You guys should do this again, I'd have a hearty laugh if you threw someone into a Dair spike off stage.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Every old link main. Also, why create yet another account? You've been trolled and accepted, game's over.
My intention was never to be accepted. Also, js, I have another account on the Link boards right now, you guys can try to find him.

Although, considering how fun this boards seems to be, staying doesn't sound too bad.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
This is why I love these boards; this is why being a Link main is the best decision. This community is too damn good no matter what any damn carebear brainfarts into a post.

And as Shin said, this is your legacy with us. You're accepted now, no need to change accounts.

This is your combo video, your ChrisTheBrawler, your 2girls1cup, you shin's photobucket ambush, and your googling tentacle with safe search off.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I was foolish and didn't think to check your IP. I just stopped in at random today and had no idea it would come to this.
Awesome.

You guys should do this again, I'd have a hearty laugh if you threw someone into a Dair spike off stage.
Hm, Dair spike could lead to some shenanigans.

Although Sonic's Bthrow is actually a kill move itself now, so I think we'd need to innovate once again.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I was foolish and didn't think to check your IP. I just stopped in at random today and had no idea it would come to this.
We've been planning this for weeks. You couldn't have picked a better time to pop into the Link boards.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We've been planning this for weeks. You couldn't have picked a better time to pop into the Link boards.
I'm honored.

EDIT: Wait, how is this not a sticky?

Last edited:
Top Bottom