• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
Edit: I kinda wish Ninty would make a TP HD remake. It's the only Zelda game I really think deserves one right now.
...what in the ****ing hell is wrong with you? Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, even Phantom Hourglass. The only reason TP might get a remake is because it's the only console game left that hasn't been remade other than SS.

If I had to stare at that ****ing ***** in HD I'd lose my ****.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
...what in the ****ing hell is wrong with you? Link's Awakening, the Oracle games, even Phantom Hourglass. The only reason TP might get a remake is because it's the only console game left that hasn't been remade other than SS.

If I had to stare at that ****ing ***** in HD I'd lose my ****.
Those games didn't really focus on visuals though, mostly gameplay. And I feel like changing or updating their visual would take away from them somehow.

TP on the other hand had possible the most beautiful variation of Hyrule Field in the series. The way you could see the castle from practically anywhere was fantastic and different area's were simply stunning. Unfortunately, it was help back by the limitations of the GC and Wii. I would love to see TP's Hyrule Field in 1080p.

Of course the new Zelda looks stunning too, so I might just settle for that. :)

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
They focused as much on visuals as their medium and style would allow. No Zelda truly focuses on visuals, except for perhaps TP which may be one reason it is ****ing garbage. The only way to take away from them would be to remake them into 3D games. A Link Between Worlds has taught us that there are other options, to be sure.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
You guys are the weirdest trolls. "Blind orphan with cancer?" :rotfl::rotfl:Lmfao Wonder what alcohol or drug you guys take before you post...?

LightLelouch89

Smash Cadet
Mr. Shin, you brought up a couple of things I'd like to briefly address. I think you guys have made up your minds on this issue, so this'll be my last post on the matter unless a request for links is made for any of the matters I discuss below.
Says here you joined in 2014, the only time you are able to discuss is 'of late'. As such, your opinion will lack perspective. An opinion with no perspective has no value here.
I'd say my 'outsider' status gives me ability to give an unbiased viewpoint. But if you'd like, I'm happy to link you to some of the threads I'm referring to. My overall point is that you guys should try to be more civil. Evidence of uncivility is to easy to provide and should make up for my outsider status in your eyes. Of course, that I joined in 2014 is irrelevant to the veracity of my claims. If I walked into a bar and saw one guy randomly beating the hell out of another guy with a wine bottle, the fact that I was new to the bar wouldn't alter my ability to question or even condemn what I was seeing.
Elessar is being quite civil, given just how many of our rules get flagrantly disrespected by outsiders who want to change our board to suit their own tastes. Outsiders like you.
If you guys wish for this board to be your own personal clubhouse, that's fine. You can discuss Link, make others "earn respect" and engage in all of these other rituals that ignorant outsiders like me neither understand nor be worthy of. If, however, you'd like to expand this forum or simply make this a great place for Link mains congregate, then this practice of ganging up on and needlessly shouting down people for posting in the wrong thread is the wrong way to go about it.
And here's an idea, stop trying to change what you don't understand. We do tell them they posted in the wrong place, and we do lock the thread. We just make sure they're absolutely clear about why it happened.
And it's the "making it absolutely clear" part where people tend to have problems at. Every forum on the Internet has people who violate the rules and most forums don't appear to need other users hash out at someone for posting off topic (even after the mod has already said so). Most places just lock the thread and everyone goes about their business.
You're not even making sense, if we didn't care about this being a better place we wouldn't correct misbehaving, lazy scrublords.
If an abusive father didn't want his son to behave better, he wouldn't beat him with a baseball bat, no? Perhaps you sincerely believe that your method of "making things absolutely clear" is for the best, but I'm inclined to disagree and am not the first user to do so (I even recall an admin coming here having to more or less explain the same thing only to be shouted down because "he doesn't know how things work around here."). And sure, maybe I'm just an outsider "who doesn't know how things work", but I know a bit about common sense and am certain that mocking people for posting in the wrong thread is not only not good for this forum, but for any internet forum for that matter.

Again though, if this place is just you're personal clubhouse and not for all Link mains to engage in discussion, then you're absolutely right to dismiss my comments and shout down unworthy blasphemers.
Oh. And what is this "we" nonsense? You're clearly not one of us yet if you want us to hold your hand and guide you on your little adventure into hugs and soft, cuddly feelings.
And that right there is part of problem. You actually think civility automatically equates to cuddly feelings, hugs, kissing and whatnot. You don't seem to understand the difference between "This thread is off topic. " and "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ADORABLE RASCAL, BUT PWEEASE POST IN ANOTHER THREAD, OKAY? HUGS ALL AROUND! BEST FRIENDS FOREVER":love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
Mr. Shin, you brought up a couple of things I'd like to briefly address. I think you guys have made up your minds on this issue, so this'll be my last post on the matter unless a request for links is made for any of the matters I discuss below.
I hope when you say "address" you mean you'd like my to clarify our ways to you so that you can either embrace them or learn to live with them, and not that you're going to come here and try to tell us how to run our own boards.

I also guarantee you cannot link me to a thread where anything I've done was out of line, that isn't the Social thread. Which we are already in. Because sometimes I get drunk and Zane is just so pretty.

I'd say my 'outsider' status gives me ability to give an unbiased viewpoint. But if you'd like, I'm happy to link you to some of the threads I'm referring to.
You'd say that, but it would just mean you're reaching for ways to validate your opinion, which without being founded in facts is just another man's opinion and just so easily disregarded. Sure, link me to me doing what I'm known for doing, and letting people have it. Link mains have always been trolls. "Trolls trolling trolls" is how the Zelda and Ganon boards used to sum us up. Nothing has changed except that a new game of smash has come out, and Link isn't bottom tier, so we get more spotlight time.

My overall point is that you guys should try to be more civil. Evidence of uncivility is to easy to provide and should make up for my outsider status in your eyes. Of course, that I joined in 2014 is irrelevant to the veracity of my claims. If I walked into a bar and saw one guy randomly beating the hell out of another guy with a wine bottle, the fact that I was new to the bar wouldn't alter my ability to question or even condemn what I was seeing.
Oh, there it is. We should... Do what you, an outsider, wants, because...? Why? Why should we, who have been doing this successfully for literally years, who count every successful English speaking Link since 2008 among us, listen to what you say?

Are you so sensitive that a little well intentioned hazing is being compared to real life violence? Are you completely ignoring that your example makes it entirely possible that the man being bottled deserves it? Or ****, they could be filming a movie with a sugar glass prop.

Your example fails because it leaves in the crux of my point. You do not know. You lack the perspective.

If you guys wish for this board to be your own personal clubhouse, that's fine. You can discuss Link, make others "earn respect" and engage in all of these other rituals that ignorant outsiders like me neither understand nor be worthy of. If, however, you'd like to expand this forum or simply make this a great place for Link mains congregate, then this practice of ganging up on and needlessly shouting down people for posting in the wrong thread is the wrong way to go about it.
And here's the part where you blunder due to your aforementioned lack of perspective. Did you know that our board is one of, if not the most active of all of the character boards?

Oh, but wait, if we want 'to expand this forum or simply make it a great place for Link mains congregrate [sic]', we have to do it your way? Sigh. This is already a great place for Link mains to congregate, I don't know if you've noticed, but uh, that's what we do. That's why this is the Link boards. It's almost like everything is already running smoothly.

This practice of ganging up on and 'needlessly' shouting down people for breaking the rules is an age old tradition that has brought many people back, and many of those people who we initially treat so harshly become good friends, the Link boards are very tight knit, the only things you need to do to become one of us are:

1. Have thick skin, you will get trolled.
2. Follow the rules.
3. Stay out of my Shed.
Anytime anyone posts here in the correct thread, proving they have read our rules, and done even the slightest bit of work to learn this character, we help them, when someone does wrong, we correct them, and if they stick around, then we help them.

And it's the "making it absolutely clear" part where people tend to have problems at. Every forum on the Internet has people who violate the rules and most forums don't appear to need other users hash out at someone for posting off topic (even after the mod has already said so). Most places just lock the thread and everyone goes about their business.
It's the 'making it absolutely clear' part that identifies and roots out people who are unwilling to learn. If you can't handle a few harsh words from some grumpy old men on the internet you aren't cut out for losing in tournament play, anyway. Those who want to learn the character won't be discouraged by us handing them the tools to learn, just because we're harsh with them.

Most boards are not this board. This is the Link board.
If an abusive father didn't want his son to behave better, he wouldn't beat him with a baseball bat, no? Perhaps you sincerely believe that your method of "making things absolutely clear" is for the best, but I'm inclined to disagree and am not the first user to do so (I even recall an admin coming here having to more or less explain the same thing only to be shouted down because "he doesn't know how things work around here."). And sure, maybe I'm just an outsider "who doesn't know how things work", but I know a bit about common sense and am certain that mocking people for posting in the wrong thread is not only not good for this forum, but for any internet forum for that matter.
More strawmanning by comparing harsh words to real life physical violence. Good. I like it when your argument doesn't hold any water, it makes it easier for me to pick you apart. This is not real life violence, and, surprise, it works.

If you understood 'common sense' you wouldn't be trying to use strawmen and invalid comparisons. And you certainly wouldn't be using them to argue against something you plainly don't understand. If it's bad for this forum, why is the forum so active? Why do we have a good turnover rate for people who are flamed? Why did so many of us go through the same hazing when we were new?

You know nothing. If you want to learn something, you're free to stay, but we will not be changing our ways for one soft hearted lurker.
Again though, if this place is just you're personal clubhouse and not for all Link mains to engage in discussion, then you're absolutely right to dismiss my comments and shout down unworthy blasphemers.
And that right there is part of problem. You actually think civility automatically equates to cuddly feelings, hugs, kissing and whatnot. You don't seem to understand the difference between "This thread is off topic. " and "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH YOU ADORABLE RASCAL, BUT PWEEASE POST IN ANOTHER THREAD, OKAY? HUGS ALL AROUND! BEST FRIENDS FOREVER":love::love::love::love:
Again, though, you should stop speaking about things you don't understand. Ignorance is bliss, until you open your mouth and someone corrects you.

False Dilemma, by the way. Isn't it lovely how many logical fallacies you have to resort to just to talk down our ways? It's almost like you have no valid arguments. Hm. There is no choice that needs to be made between doing things our way and allowing Link mains to engage in discussion. We can do both. And we do. But we'll damn well do it in the right threads.
The rest of your thread is twaddle about how we need to be more civil. We've never been civil, no one needs to wipe their boots before they step into this thread, or say anything they are not actually thinking.

Have a .gif

Last edited:

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
Indeed. An instant communication line with all you citizens was both wonderful and convenient.

I've heard tell of fairly frequent Skyping. Is this still true? If so, perhaps I may seek a new headset.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Indeed. An instant communication line with all you citizens was both wonderful and convenient.

I've heard tell of fairly frequent Skyping. Is this still true? If so, perhaps I may seek a new headset.
We changed the xat for Skype chat, though no voice chat, simply text chatting. PM your Skype ID here or in the Facebook group and I'll add you. Most of us old mains are there. That is our clubhouse.

Also, @ LightLelouch89 LightLelouch89 , your post is a riddled mess of logical fallacies as Shin so eloquently demonstrated. Really, we don't ask a lot, and yes, we are trolls and we will troll everyone, even each other. It's the Link way.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
MooCowOfJustice, just got it all over again.

Is Lootic still around?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Why are the Zelda boards raiding other boards as of late? O don't remember this happening before, not this often any how.

Zelda mains are a mysterious species, not yet fully understood by Link main kind. What we do know, is that they share a mysterious hive mind. Also they emit strange pheromones that are irresistible to teenagers. Or at least that's what my studies years ago in the xat implied.

Next time they raid they should let us know, get a tag team going.

Bring it, I welcome them to our social thread. It's not like they can really derail anything important in here. Besides, some of them suffered through Triforce Tier with us, they're all right by me.

But so help me if they spam up the other threads. So help me.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Wow its been awile! Haven't really been posting any stuff lately cause been focusing on the NDJ singles ladder.
Trying to make top 64, I'm almost there though!
And with the 55 win & 55 losses. I've notticed that diddykong and villager are the most annoyingest characters ever!!
And sonic is brain dead.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Wow its been awile! Haven't really been posting any stuff lately cause been focusing on the NDJ singles ladder.
And with the 55 win & 55 losses. I've notticed that diddykong and villager are the most annoyingest characters ever!!
And sonic is brain dead.
Have you also finally realized that you are not the best Link out there?

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
And with the 55 win & 55 losses. I've notticed that diddykong and villager are the most annoyingest characters ever!! And sonic is brain dead.
I'd love to hear the reasoning for that last statement.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Finally remembered my password, still would love to hear why Sonic is brainless. I like to laugh

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Hi Lawz, welcome back :)

Superman, trustno1, 123456, password...? jk
HAHA you know what's funny, I was at Camalange's house (Sonic main if anyone remembers him) and he was like "You look like a scrub with your 1 post and 2015 join date". So I tried using all of my possible passwords from memory and couldn't figure it out. Then this morning, I was just on autopilot and just signed onto this account with no problem...

Top Bottom