• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

FSK

Smash Ace
anyone experienced the c-stick giving you jabs intead of smashes? Especially Oos or after and aerial? Its driving me crazy....

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
anyone experienced the c-stick giving you jabs intead of smashes? Especially Oos or after and aerial? Its driving me crazy....
It happened to me for the first time today on some matches vs Pinkstar. I thought it was lag dropping inputs or something, really weird.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yeah. C-stick+Lag= Terrible Gameplay
Sad times for me. :(

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't jab but the lag makes my buffering do weird things like grab when I mean to jump>Zair or DA when I don't mean to but that might be me not liking the Pro controller sensitivity.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I don't jab but the lag makes my buffering do weird things like grab when I mean to jump>Zair or DA when I don't mean to but that might be me not liking the Pro controller sensitivity.
No, I have the same issue with grabbing and zairing, that's the lag dropping inputs.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Tbh, i think smash3ds online was MORE tolerable with lag. I hardly got any input drops because it was just delayed. The WiiU, on the other hand...

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Tbh, i think smash3ds online was MORE tolerable with lag. I hardly got any input drops because it was just delayed. The WiiU, on the other hand...
That is supposedly the fault of the Pro controller or gamepad. Wireless thing. Also, your connection is an issue. I haven't had a connection that troublesome even back in Paraguay. Maybe vs @Oblivion129 a couple of times but just because people where hogging his bandwidth. Same thing happened when we played on the 3ds. I had better connection with FSK up in Norway and Shin in Canada.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yo guys what's up?!

I'm Back! (Kind of)

Ok , time to answer some questions!

@Fox Is Openly Deceptive Yes I did read the tips you gave me but really I kind of only follow one. But it still didn't answer my question

Oh ok, I'll make sure to PM you about this topic

@ Elessar Elessar What? Can't I show off my love to the little guy?! Also What do you mean by "'Plays Healing Song'" ?

Also don't worry about my other account, I ask to have it permanently banned though I am not sure if that happen.

Hoped that answers everything

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yo guys what's up?!

I'm Back! (Kind of)

Ok , time to answer some questions!

@Fox Is Openly Deceptive Yes I did read the tips you gave me but really I kind of only follow one. But it still didn't answer my question

Oh ok, I'll make sure to PM you about this topic

@ Elessar Elessar What? Can't I show off my love to the little guy?! Also What do you mean by "'Plays Healing Song'" ?

Also don't worry about my other account, I ask to have it permanently banned though I am not sure if that happen.

Hoped that answers everything
I swear I have no idea what you're talking about, and I actually like it that way.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I said I liked it that way. Anyways, welcome back. Now be active and stop liking gay.
Double sorry, I I won't be able to stay active for long periods of time for a while so sorry and second I will never stop liking Toon Link! NEVER X)

(Please don't kill me)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good work beating MM :) That's my favorite Zelda game.
Now watch in shame as this guy beats it in under an hour and 43 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJbmJ24SNw

I finally got some games in where I didn't SD all the time. Some backward attacks but I'm playing a lot better. I'll upload a few for critiques.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I was in an existential quandary just now. I used Mii Gunner on Classic mode but then the trophy moving around looked like a generic Mii, not me. Then I had to fight the Mii team which included several versions of me and my friends. After winning the game the trophy I received was Mii but not me! The generic gunner Mii. Do I even truly exist?! :eek:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I was in an existential quandary just now. I used Mii Gunner on Classic mode but then the trophy moving around looked like a generic Mii, not me. Then I had to fight the Mii team which included several versions of me and my friends. After winning the game the trophy I received was Mii but not me! The generic gunner Mii. Do I even truly exist?! :eek:
Wibbly Wobbly timey wimey

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
A Link to the Past is the best Zelda game.
The only game that can tie with A Link to the Past is The Legend of Zelda.
That may be a little biased since the first video game I ever played was The Legend of Zelda, but there was something about being flung into a world with no real map, no instructions, and no linearity that made it feel like a real exploration of a new world.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
Yeah, the first Zelda is amazing like that. But personally I've always preferred a little more escapism in my gaming. So I need a bit of world building first, to allow me more immersion. Hyrule happens to be like my absolute favorite fantasy setting.

Sidenote: anybody else wish the Dtilt was Link's Jump Attack?

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Sidenote: anybody else wish the Dtilt was Link's Jump Attack?
You mean Dtilt being the jump attack instead of dash attack? That could be interesting. Although the jump attack doesn't really make sense as a Dtilt.

What I wish they would've done is left Dair unchanged and then moved the spike hitbox on Dtilt to the tip. I think it would be much more reliable that way.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
They could've just left dair as it was but add the spike hitbox as they did, during the first frames and also fixed the Dtilt spike. As it is, it's just the same as not having it.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Whazzit now, huh?
I believe what Moo is talking about is if they had replaced Dtilt with the jump attack and left dash attack as it is.
They could've just left dair as it was but add the spike hitbox as they did, during the first frames and also fixed the Dtilt spike. As it is, it's just the same as not having it.
That's why I said they should've moved the spike hitbox to the tip. It would be much easier to connect with only the tip than with a hitbox in the middle, and it would mean you would actually have some range of the side of the ledge to catch recoveries.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
I believe what Moo is talking about is if they had replaced Dtilt with the jump attack and left dash attack as it is.
Yes. I do not like the new dash attack.

Mmmm. I also now wish to make a new thread for myself. The last time I did it, it stirred up activity on that forum. With the blessing of the Link mains, I wish to make this thread!

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Yes. I do not like the new dash attack.

Mmmm. I also now wish to make a new thread for myself. The last time I did it, it stirred up activity on that forum. With the blessing of the Link mains, I wish to make this thread!
Wait, a new thread about you? Do explain this heresy.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
It is a post that is essentially a giant AMA thread. But only I may answer. And I shall answer however I wish.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
Kinda. It might also tell you some bull**** story about a World War 2 soldier who farted so hard he scared off a battalion of Germans.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I'm liking the idea. Just make sure the title is fantabulous. Now get Shin to sign off on it and you're in the clear...mostly.

But then again, you're freaking MooCow "the ban hammer" of Justice. You're hardcore, even when you suck at SS, scrub.

MooCow of Justice

Smash Cadet
NNID
MooCowOfJustice
I suck at a lot of games, like Smash for example, but SS is not one of them. I just don't like it, because it's tied with TP as the holder of the title "Worst Zelda Game Ever" including CD-i games.

Stay tuned for more facts.

Last edited:
I think we should officially designate people for our Welcoming Party. Some of us get more consistent results than others, or play the foil well to others.

Zane is great for Good Cop counterplay to, say, Catana or myself being very Bad (maybe even kinky) cops, for example. If we still had Slutsook posting on the regular he and I would be the perfect team. Zelkam has jokes, and Rizen is a good moderate kind of guy who can translate angrish into English reliably.

We need to flame more efficiently.

Also, not entirely sold on Moo's thread yet.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Didn't we have an AMA sort of thread on AiB at one point?

Edit: I kinda wish Ninty would make a TP HD remake. It's the only Zelda game I really think deserves one right now.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Sorry moo, the sages remain unconvinced. Also, I agree with Shin, we need to step up our game. Where's Zane? And Fox needs to come back from bow hunting and eating only thing he killed (so jealous...the *******).

And we need @sasook back. Also @AfroTwist ShadowPie.

Top Bottom