• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Got back from a PM/ Melee tourney tonight. Took 9th in PM singles, 4th in Melee Singles, and 1st in PM Doubles. Pretty fun day.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Got back from A-kon, a large anime convention in Dallas Texas. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there with a cadre of longtime friends, bought some lovely gifts, and observed many events including the Smash4 tournament that took place. @ Hyrule Hero Hyrule Hero got 4th out of 64 with a combination of Link and Sheik losing to Denti (one the top PR in DFW) in losers finals. I didn't participate due to it being my first real convention experience, but did spend a fair amount of time discussing Link tech, strats and other such tools with the aforementioned Hero.

Glad to be home on the Link boards once more, and enjoyed the last few pages from my time of absence.

I'm probably wasting my time filling this space out here with a simple comment that many should probably already understand, but in light of the last "argument" I feel could stand repeating.
If you truly care for someone, you will remind them of their manners when their actions or worthy of reproach. You would be an ill influence on a person's life were you to allow someone too many opportunities to embarrass themself without giving them a hearty rebuke.
You cannot love without hate, you cannot create without knowing destruction, life lives awaiting its demise, and Thou canst not "do work son" if thy works do not merit the time thou hath spent on them.
If you really love something, you will put it in line should it lose its way.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I have more posts on the Zelda social than the Link social :( I need to post here more.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Got back from A-kon, a large anime convention in Dallas Texas. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there with a cadre of longtime friends, bought some lovely gifts, and observed many events including the Smash4 tournament that took place. @ Hyrule Hero Hyrule Hero got 4th out of 64 with a combination of Link and Sheik losing to Denti (one the top PR in DFW) in losers finals. I didn't participate due to it being my first real convention experience, but did spend a fair amount of time discussing Link tech, strats and other such tools with the aforementioned Hero.

Glad to be home on the Link boards once more, and enjoyed the last few pages from my time of absence.

I'm probably wasting my time filling this space out here with a simple comment that many should probably already understand, but in light of the last "argument" I feel could stand repeating.
If you truly care for someone, you will remind them of their manners when their actions or worthy of reproach. You would be an ill influence on a person's life were you to allow someone too many opportunities to embarrass themself without giving them a hearty rebuke.
You cannot love without hate, you cannot create without knowing destruction, life lives awaiting its demise, and Thou canst not "do work son" if thy works do not merit the time thou hath spent on them.
I've been to conventions...maybe 4 or so times (Anime EXPO to be specific)? The walking to get around the convention center is a real workout. Oh yeah and parking in Los Angeles is ****.

That being said, there's a lot of cool things, though they demand a lot of energy imo.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
I got around to unlocking all the lv3 weapons in Hyrule Warriors finally. Now I have to get 25,000 KOs (which really means kills) with the master sword to unlock the Evil's Bane skill. Ugh, RPG grinding and busy work.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I just got back from a place that was cursed... In its spirit resided a sort of libido for the ugly. I have never encountered so much degeneracy. If I lived only among those people I would have to ----

I am so happy to be alive right now, to have everyone in my hometown and you guys -- God, so happy! Long live life, long live Link!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I just got back from a place that was cursed... In its spirit resided a sort of libido for the ugly. I have never encountered so much degeneracy. If I lived only among those people I would have to ----

I am so happy to be alive right now, to have everyone in my hometown and you guys -- God, so and happy! Long live life, long live Link!
Well thank goodness you made it out! (Hopefully unscathed!)

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
I got around to unlocking all the lv3 weapons in Hyrule Warriors finally. Now I have to get 25,000 KOs (which really means kills) with the master sword to unlock the Evil's Bane skill. Ugh, RPG grinding and busy work.
Who is your favorite character ( besides Lunk) I do enjoy playing as Lana. I do wish you could ride horses and not just for weapons of mass destruction.

Zerker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexZerker
Changing Weapon types causes the character's playstyle to shift dramatically, so I'd rather go with favorite weapon over favorite character.

I prefer the power gauntlets myself for style.

But if I really just wanna clean things up quick, I'll probably use the Fire Rod.
I've got Legendary on both, high stars, skills, you get the idea.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Who is your favorite character ( besides Lunk) I do enjoy playing as Lana. I do wish you could ride horses and not just for weapons of mass destruction.
To play as, my second favorite character is Impa with her fire weapon.

LozNerd

Smash Apprentice
So, I am thinking of getting a new LoZ game or ssbm, here are the options, Should I get LA, SSBM, LOZ, or AOL? Thoughts?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Link's awakening is easily the best choice there, unless you are out to play melee competitively. (I wouldn't while your busy with Sm4sh...!)

Rizen

Smash Legend
So, I am thinking of getting a new LoZ game or ssbm, here are the options, Should I get LA, SSBM, LOZ, or AOL? Thoughts?
Like DF said, Link's Awakening is a great game. If you want the true retro feel the NES LoZ is ideal of course. Adventures of Link is more for hardcore retro fans, it's very punishing but worth playing if you want to play every LoZ title.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Links crossbow training is the best Zelda ever. Get LOZ. The game that built the franchise. Links awakenings ok in my opinion. But you should really get melee for the WOMBO COMBO!

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Links awakening definitely has its own magic and is my favorite of the 2d zeldas. I loved their focus on characters that the other 2D Zeldas don't do so much. Also great music.

The original holds up pretty well to be honest. I played it for the first time on the 3ds abs found it quite enjoyable but alttp definitely is a refinement over LoZ.

AoL is interesting in its own right. It's very looked down on but it has had quite an influence on the series as a whole. Introducing a lot of enemies and concepts from it. I did not like it but it's not god awful

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Going to do more Anther's Ladder tonight, hopefully. I'll post when the stream is up. Link FTW.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Oh my, I have missed a lot.

Anything interesting you guys have been talking about while I was away?

Hyrule Hero

Smash Rookie
:ohwell:

I got 3rd =P

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
Seeing as E3 is about week away and Lucas is coming to smash this Sunday, do you guys think Nintendo's gonna announce more characters for the Smash Direct w/ Sakurai?

Ryu and Roy have files in the game, but Ryu seems more likely, as I seriously doubt they'll allow three clones - Marth, Girl Marth, and Fire Marth.

It's also possible they'll announce the front runners in the Smash Ballot, (King K. Rool, Shantae, and Wolf - if I'm not mistaken).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Seeing as E3 is about week away and Lucas is coming to smash this Sunday, do you guys think Nintendo's gonna announce more characters for the Smash Direct w/ Sakurai?

Ryu and Roy have files in the game, but Ryu seems more likely, as I seriously doubt they'll allow three clones - Marth, Girl Marth, and Fire Marth.

It's also possible they'll announce the front runners in the Smash Ballot, (King K. Rool, Shantae, and Wolf - if I'm not mistaken).
I think that Nintendo will announce that Wolf, Roy and Young Link are all coming back as DLC for Smash 4. That is my prediction.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Oh man, spent the evening working on making a character for a table top rpg called hackmaster. So excited it was a hoot to make

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
:ohwell:
I got 3rd =P
Hrm? I was under the impression you faced off with Denti in loser's finals... Okay, now I get it.
My brain got hung up on whoever got left in winner's finals, but then again they'd end up in LB if they weren't in GF...

Sorry about the misunderstanding then, you did indeed get 3rd. I'll leave my post as it is so it'll make sense when someone comes across your correction.
All that aside, many props for placing top 3 in DFW. We're definitely in an underrated scene for how stacked the brackets are.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
All this reminds me I should go ahead and finish Hyrule Warriors.
It's fun. I got tired of it for a while then picked it up and finished it recently. Got the Master Sword skill awakened, legend mode beat on Hero and adventure mode completed medals. Now I'm tired of it again, lol.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Did some testing on my stream and the result is

Ike, Yoshi, Mewtwo, Mii Brawler, Luigi and shulk (maybe also Palutena and Pac-Mac) all have better bombslides than Link. Furthermore there is a thing called item discard slide (non-fakeout version), all those chars mentioned do them. Link seem to be the only char with a slide that does fakeouts instead of the real versions with c-stick input. Cool stuff Sakurai...

edit: there might be more chars I haven't tested all of them. Add mario to the list as well...

Last edited:

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Palutena has a nice reverse fake-out, I know that from doing it against links LOL

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Show me one instance, one, where someone was flamed needlessly. And one, just one when someone came here asking for help while observing the rules and was rejected. Show me one, ONE instance of me flaming in the Q&A thread, where I am more active other than here in social. Back up your words with evidence or be silent. We are here to work and learn how to play Link competitively, not to perpetuate the deceit that every person is a unique snowflake.

Link's Awakening, do eet.
Sure. Can you tell me why ama decided to tag smokebomb out of nowhere and insult him?

Top Bottom