• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
GG @Lozjam I win with a perfect set 2-0 (Best of 3)

Like I said, I won 4th on my first tournament. Could have won, but I didn't, It is what it is.

Don't call me out anymore again PLZ.

Anyone else want to battle?
So I have been lurking an dang its good to see an old face here again... My man @Powerstar9

@ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 You beat elessar? Nice.. You got ssb4 wiiu? If so lets play!

Its good to be back....

I beat lozjam in a perfect set
I though he say he beat powerstar9.
Beat power9 and lozjam
Where the hell did you get this idea from?
wanna go?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Kid you need to get yourself a Wii U if you want people to play you. Barely anyone uses Smash 3DS anymore That was the first time Lozjam had played it in months.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Did half a page of stuff vanish within the last 2 hours? And wth does Smokebomb need to repost something from last page?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So, in about 5 mins I'll be streaming some games with a friend, @AnFuAr. @ Camalange Camalange , in case you want to watch so you can rip his Sonic apart, we'll be waiting for you.

I won't be going all Link since I'll play for the lulz. All views are extremely welcome and appreciated.

www.twitch.tv/AnFuAr

Drop by to comment critique, mock, hate, or just silently judge.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
GG @[COLOR=#006600]Lozjam[/COLOR] I win with a perfect set 2-0 (Best of 3)
Like I said, I won 4th on my first tournament. Could have won, but I didn't, It is what it is.
Don't call me out anymore again PLZ.
Anyone else want to battle?
I beat lozjam in a perfect set
Beat power9 and lozjam
wanna go?
^

( ゚^゚) plz stahp

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit, how to explain to someone that Zelda doesn't beat Link +2 because they can beat Link on wifi? :facepalm:

Last edited:

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Have any of you guys seen this? It's a Community Based tier list. What are your opinions about it?

(S) :4sheik:(13.7 | ±0) :rosalina:(13.2 | +1)
(A+) :4luigi:(12.55 | +4) :4pikachu:(12.45 | +2) :4diddy:(12.38 | -2)
(A) :4zss:(11.96 | -2):4sonic:(11.89 | -2) :4yoshi:(11.73 | ±0) :4ness:(11.13 | ±0) :4mario:(11.12 | +1) :4falcon:(11.1 | -1 ) :4fox:(11.08 | +1)
(A-) :4villager:(10.88 | +1) :4miibrawl: (10.79 | -2)
(B+) :4rob:(9.95 | ±0) :4wario2:(9.82 | ±0) :4peach:(9.78 | ±0) :4shulk:(9.68 | +2) :4lucario:(9.64 | ±0) :4greninja:(9.32 | +3) :4megaman:(9.31 | -3) :4olimar:(9.18 | -1) :4pit:(9.12 | -1)
(B) :4pacman:(8.85 | ±0) :4tlink:(8.81 | +3) :4kirby:(8.75 | +10) :4darkpit:(8.62 | -1) :4duckhunt:(8.47 | -3) :4link:(8.12 | ±0) :4jigglypuff:(8.01 | ±0)
(B-) :4metaknight:(7.89 | +2) :4littlemac:(7.73 | +11) :4dedede:(7.56 | +2) :4marth:(7.54 | +3) :4mewtwo:(7.53 | -8) :4bowserjr:(7.4 | -4) :4robinm:(7.32 | -3) :4gaw:(7.11 | +1)
(C+) :4bowser:(6.87 | -8) :4dk:(6.8 | +2) :4lucina:(6.72 | +6) :4falco:(6.62 | -3) :4palutena:(6.59 | ±0) :4myfriends:(6.31 | +2) :4wiifit:(6.24 | +5) :4ganondorf:(6.23 | -5) :4miisword:(6.2 | +5) :4drmario:(6.04 | -3)
(C) :4samus:(5.93 | ±0) :4zelda:(5.86 | +1) :4miigun:(5.74 | -3)
(C-) :4charizard:(4.86 | ±0)
How did they find five chars worst than Swordfighter.

Link's position is ok, I think one tier lower is more accurate.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think I might give up on this whole lucario thing....
Some characters aren't our cup of tea. I tried Sheik and Yoshi but neither felt right and I didn't want to invest time learning them. So I picked up CF and have a lot more fun with him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, in about 5 mins I'll be streaming some games with a friend, @AnFuAr. @ Camalange Camalange , in case you want to watch so you can rip his Sonic apart, we'll be waiting for you.

I won't be going all Link since I'll play for the lulz. All views are extremely welcome and appreciated.

www.twitch.tv/AnFuAr

Drop by to comment critique, mock, hate, or just silently judge.
I was too busy playing Splatoon D:

:093:

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
Some characters aren't our cup of tea. I tried Sheik and Yoshi but neither felt right and I didn't want to invest time learning them. So I picked up CF and have a lot more fun with him.
But I want him to be my cup of tea damnit :(

Sheik feels great to me but I'm not using her for a friend's sake. I want him to feel special with his character cause he's getting good with her.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Am I just noticing this, but every Link main plays CF............. Including me..................
Actually it's more like every Link main has a speedy rush down character in their pocket. The three most common are probably Falcon, Sheik, and Fox. I think after playing a character that requires so much patients and zoning it's nice to have a character where you can let it all loose and go full agro.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I secondary Palutena. It helps to have something more vaiable in doubles, and someone whose grab and grab-game are better.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Ok so, let's get serious for one second. I know we don't want to think nor talk about this, but I believe we need to get ready.

There's a new patch coming out this month. So far, Link has been nerfed with every patch and this one might be no exception. We're used to that, as much as it hurts. My question now is, if our worse fears come true and they patch out bombslides, what then? Do you think this will be the final straw? Think that nerf would be worse than the jab nerf?

I would simply like for us to be ready as to lessen the blow if it comes to pass, and also to already start thinking about what our new meta might look like. We were stumped pretty hard after the jab nerf and cannot afford to go through that again. If we're to be struck, let us be ready for the blow as to stumble but not fall.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Ok so, let's get serious for one second. I know we don't want to think nor talk about this, but I believe we need to get ready.

There's a new patch coming out this month. So far, Link has been nerfed with every patch and this one might be no exception. We're used to that, as much as it hurts. My question now is, if our worse fears come true and they patch out bombslides, what then? Do you think this will be the final straw? Think that nerf would be worse than the jab nerf?

I would simply like for us to be ready as to lessen the blow if it comes to pass, and also to already start thinking about what our new meta might look like. We were stumped pretty hard after the jab nerf and cannot afford to go through that again. If we're to be struck, let us be ready for the blow as to stumble but not fall.
I would like to believe they won't patch that out. I doubt the casual players see or complain about that enough for it to be even in Sakurai's radar. Not only that I don't think it is as "abusive" as the jab "exploit". But if we are to get bombsliding taken away from us I think we will be forced to come even more defensive then before. Our movement with bombs will be nerfed neagating some options with a bomb. The bomb will still be of heavy use just not as useful or varied as before.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217

I've been pretty much preparing for it to get removed for a while. If it does get removed, it will sure make Link a lot more boring to play, and it'll also hurt the little competitive viability Link has left. Though, I'm just too stubborn to not main Link, no matter what happens...

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It won't be worse than the Jab nerf in terms of character viability, but it will hurt me personally in much the same way that the Jab nerf did due to all the labbing I've done.

It will hurt the future of Link's meta more than the present meta. Only a few Link's have truly been using bombsliding and have only in recent times started finding more advanced practical applications for it.

Also, they patched out Dacus. How many casual players do you think were complaining about that? How abusive do you think it was? Any more than bombsliding? Honestly I'm surprised it hasn't been patched out up until this point just based on the apparent criteria used to decide these things.

Serac

Smash Cadet

Do we have an exact date for the patch or just know that it is coming in June?
I would like to make my own pre-patch notes to compare, so any suggestions or advice in what I should check out from you guys is welcome.

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409

Potential nerfs for bombs are either going to be the removal of Bombslides or making the bombs affected by the stale move negation.
Either way, it's going to suck, and knowing Sakurai, Link will probably have a stupid buff - such as the first hit of bair doing 0.5% more damage.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Link is not allowed to be good. He is too awesome of a Nintendo character. Fanboyism alone will keep him from ever fading into obscurity. Expect many nerfs to come.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
The lack of stale move negation on bombs isn't going anywhere as that applies to all items and is an intentional part of the game mechanics. The removal of bombslides would definitely be disappointing, but I don't think it'll hurt our game nearly as much as the jab nerf did. Honestly, the thing I'm worried about is them removing soft throw bombs. Because the obvious way to "fix" that would be to remove the durability buff we got to our bombs. IMO that would be more detrimental to Link's meta game than the removal of bombsliding.

Edit: @ Serac Serac I usually do a pretty thorough sweep of Link's moveset during a patch, however one thing I never check is his customs. If you wanted to check those next patch that would be sweet.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Any of you guys climbing Anther's Ladder with Link?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I know I shouldn't, but I'm hoping for the best with this patch. But bombsliding never seemed useful to me. Soft throw bombs; however, are a major part of my game. Honestly, I don't think they'll get rid of it (I thought the same thing about the jab cancel, but...yeah)

Also, yes, I am trying Anther Ladder with Link. I only just recently discovered the site, but I'm 2-0 on ranked matches. One set at a time, right?

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Apparently they think that nerfing Link is more important then balancing out characters like Sheik, Rosalina or Fox if they end up nerfing him again. Why can't they just buff the characters that need them (Link, Samus, ect.) instead of nerfing characters that don't deserve it (again, Link). It's kinda like in Chrono Phantasma Extend when they nerfed Terumi, who was mid-low in CP, but they buff Hazama, who was Top 5 in CP. It's like who thought this was a good idea?

A detrimental nerf would be bomb durability. It's not nearly as detrimental as the Jab nerf (still cannot comprehend that nerf) but it would hurt. I'm going to try and remain optimistic about this patch though. If they end up nerfing him again........

Rizen

Smash Legend
Bomb slides will more likely be patched out because Sakurai likes to dumb down the game.
I don't have time for the ladder and my stupid internet DCs too much for ranked games anyway.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I know that it won't impact our gameplay that much since most of us aren't using bombslides to their maximum potential (in my case at least I think why bother if it'll get removed, I'll wait a bit more). I am worried about the hit our morale will take. I mean, Link has been nerfed in every patch, isn't even remotely good nor a real threat in competitive gameplay. Another nerf would honestly be the nail in coffin, the final insult. We have all said that Sakurai hates Link, but antoher nerf would be the definitive evidence of this. Let's see, hopefully they'll at least leave him alone (best case scenario would be an useful buff, but we know better) and focus on actually balancing the game, but something tells me this won't happen.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Looking on the bright side of things, it's not like we haven't gotten any buffs. They've fixed a couple things in the past like our Fsmashes not linking together and HS not blocking space animal lasers. And we did get some nice buffs for spin attack and Dair in the last patch. So we're not completely unloved.

FSK

Smash Ace
Removal of bombslides won't matter much in the competitive sense since in smash 4 JC throw is just as fine anyway. But it will remove the little fun that is left in Link.

Soft thrown bombs will probably be removed as well, this will hurt Link a lot depening on how they implement the "fix". They will probably increase the bomb timer to 7 seconds cause why the **** not.

When does the patch go live?

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
1/3 of my fsmashes do not connect. In fact, I put it completely out of my game.

I still don't understand the use in bombsliding, though. Can't you just sprint, throw, and sprint again and be just as fast?

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
1/3 of my fsmashes do not connect. In fact, I put it completely out of my game.

I still don't understand the use in bombsliding, though. Can't you just sprint, throw, and sprint again and be just as fast?
bombslides are a lot faster than that. It is our fastest movement option.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Plus I would argue it's more about what you can do out of a bombslide as opposed to how fast distance is traveled.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I think bombslide could be patched 'cause of Megaman... as a general rule for everyone with item in hand (as DACUS was patched, Tilt with bomb and Bomb-Smashing). Maybe (and just maybe) Jab 2 could be 'buffed' for, at least, could connect jab 3 consistly.

As for ladder, Im in Silver I... but i just recently get into ladder, so far 10-2...

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Bombslides link into Utilt and into Fair easier because you slide after the hit, and the reverse fake-out one leads into Bair very well (which can link into another Bair). Uthrow bombslide adds to your mobility a lot.

Top Bottom